March 28, 2024, 07:20:23 AM

Author Topic: T&T vs Honduras Thread.  (Read 14595 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T vs Honduras Thread.
« on: July 05, 2005, 04:30:20 AM »
Greetings:

As usual, any updates/scores on the game vs Honduras will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look to scrappy with un-necessary headlines and postings.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at these sites:

* SW Online.
* SW Online Live Chat.
* Gold Cup Official Site.
* Vibe 105fm.

N.American TV Viewers:
Wed, 6 July - 9:00 pm - Galavision - Honduras vs. Trinidad & Tobago.

T&T TV Viewers:
Wed, 6 July - 10:30 pm - TV-6 - Honduras vs. Trinidad & Tobago.

Team Preview:

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO: One of the three qualifiers from the Caribbean are making their fifth overall appearance at the Gold Cup. Despite winning the Caribbean crown on eight occasions, Trinidad & Tobago's best performance at the CONCACAF event was reaching the semifinals in 2000. Leo Beenhakker is at the helm of the Soca Warriors.

HONDURAS: Were runners-up at the 2005 UNCAF Nations Cup held in Guatemala and earned their seventh berth to the CONCACAF Gold Cup. The catrachos best finish at the CONCACAF event was second-place, losing a 4:3 penalty kick thriller to the USA in the 1991 final. Honduras is once again guided by technical director Jose De La Paz.

Head To Head Gold Cup Battle:

01-Feb-1998 - Oakland, USA - HON vs TRI 1:3 (0:2), Ref: Peter Pendergast (JAM). Report.

T&T's Gold Cup record vs Honduras:

P  W  L  D  F  A
1   1  0  0  3  1

Last games played by 2 teams:

Honduras 2 vs Canada 1 - Friendly - 02-Jul-2005. Report.
T&T 0 vs Mexico 2 - World Cup Qualifier - 08-Jun-2005. Report.

Probable Honduras Line-Up - 3-5-2.
Victor Coello; Junior Izaguirre, Erick Vallecillo, Asthor Henriquez; Luis Guifarro, Maynor Figueroa, Oscar Garcia, Danilo Turcios, Mario Berrios; Wilmer Velasquez, Francisco Ramirez.

Key Subs:
Milton Nuñez, Hendry Thomas.

Groups, Standings & News.

Crew Meet Up;

According to Tallman, as far as seating arrangements go, there hasn't been a general consensus, but I think we will sit in the K or L section (right by the 18 yard line next to the scoreboard). That is where I always sit when I go there.

More T&T Supporters.

Good Luck Trinidad & Tobago Warriors.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 11:32:15 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Honduras Thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 07:49:21 AM »
                              Hislop                       
Charles          Andrews      Lawrence       Sancho
Edwards          Eve             Birchall          Avery
                     John             Jones

We have to win this or de Panana game, so we need to field a experience eleven, man like Spann and them will get they chance vs Colombia if we beat Honduras or Panama and get a book for de next rounds.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 08:37:24 AM »
Look a nice downloadable schedule.yuh need adobe though.

I real pissed as the schedule saying games is 7 and 9 pm.....we hadda wait till quite 10:32 to see the second game alone.

But TV6 go play up in they tail and advertise thay they showing over the 2002 world cup games on Saturdays.

Instead they give us a repeat of the game or show the matches we miss.

PLease channel 4 and 16 come to our rescue and show all the gold cup games.

http://www.concacaf.com/competitions/goldcup/2005/downloads/GC2005_english_scheduleV4.pdf

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 12:08:55 PM »
Went to de Canada vs Honduras game wit Savannah Boy.  SH was dey in he capacity as Assistant coach to Canada National team (Congrats SH...man movin up de ranks...go soon be Canada senior men's national team coach.. ;) )

Honduras takes advantage of Canadian breakdowns to score 2-1 victory. Honduras play a 3-5-2 formation with a kinda sweeper in #21 Vellecillo and de 2 outside men but still central. Statistically the opening half appeared even.....

De 2 wide players #14 Oscar Garcia and #13 Mario Berrios saw A LOT of the ball and were quite effective against Canada's wing backs. Garcia in particular played a lot of give and go balls with #19 Turcios.

Honduras playmaker was #3 Maynor Figueroa who looks very experienced and composed on the ball. Canada countered to neutralise Figueroa by cutting down on the room he initially had to play with.

At half time, Honduras bought on #20 Hendricks Thomas and he became their de facto playmaker with Figueroa pushing up more and making the blind run across the defence. They all like to play the long diagonal pass to the wings to exploit space.

Honduras has 2 strikers who are ok. They each scored excellent goals....#9 Francisco Ramirez got a breakaway about 30 yards from goal and with 2 defenders pressuring him, tucked away a tidy finish in the 52nd min. The goal of the game came from #10 Wilmar Velasquez who had all the time in the world to volley home a left sided cross from #13 after a Canadian player lost the ball. #9 got a long ball that surprised the Canadian defence and made a one time cross to he striking padnah cutting out the Canadian central defender and with no one else around, Velasquez hit an unstoppable one time volley past a helpless Canadian keeper in the 56th min. No chance and great finish.

Other than that, they didn't show anything too dangerous to me.

Basically Honduras is beatable in my opinion. Their 3 central defenders are quick.... certainly quicker than  Stern, but if balls are played into feet of Stern, we should be ok once they control as they are expected to.  If we use Glen, he could unsetlle anybody wit he pace.  De #21 Vellecillo at de back look impressive to me.

We should have a significant aerial advantage. Not because of height but because that is one of our strengths and I didn't sense that they were very strong in the air, but they a good on the ground.

It would be interesting to see how Carlos Edwards performs against the #13 Berrios. He & #14 make a lot of overlapping runs but that also causes space to be exploited when they got caught out of position. We need someone who can run and take-on the defence in my opinion...especially on their right side (our left).

Game ended up 2-1 to Honduras, Canada scoring off a header by Kevin McKenna from a corner in the 70th. Canada has 2 mobile strikers which caused the Hondurans some problems but they don't have the 1 v 1 skills to truly exploit that weakness. We need to play a mobile forward together with Stern or else we won't have that ability to exploit that weakness either. This makes the midfielders who follow up to support the play that much more important. We should also shoot the ball instead of trying too many intricate plays.

Honduran goalie is decent. He didn't make any noticeable mistakes and came for the ball well when he had to. Didn't have to stop too many shots. Perhaps we can try shooting low along the ground at him.

For me....danger-men for Honduras are the 2 wide players #13 & #14 and the 2 play makers #3 and # 20. Forwards have shown they will finish if given the opportunity. Honduras probably had 3 decent chances all game and scored 2.

If we play to we potential and take it to de Honduran's, we should beat dis team based on their performance against Canada.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 12:17:09 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 12:26:50 PM »
Excellent Scouting Palos,

Yuh could take Nahkid job breds. But I hope Lincholn and Beenie and the boys see this before tomorrow.

On a serious note.....as yuh talking about the wingers giving trouble.

You think we could insert cyd to just mash up one easy easy. I know Avery will do the job and make his presence felt but in terms of steel in the middle how you think their middle will match up against ours. Are they speedy and tenacious or are they skills men who need room.

I breathe a sign of relief when I see no Pavon and no Davids Suazo as they were the trouble men.

Also you said the two fwds are finishers but are they speedy men who take it to defenders? I having flashbacks of Tallest and Dog with men running at them.

That said I still feel we will beat this team 1-0 or 2-1 tomorrow.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Oh gosh I vex I missing out

It seems Orange bowl go be nice this weekend

http://www.fetebusters.com/

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 12:47:53 PM »
Touches.....de good ting fuh we is de wide men does stay wide.  Dey doh cut een at all so Dog & Tallest safe.  De 2 strikers dem have Dog & Tallest should be able to handle dem.

Interestin point you mek dey bout Cyd.  Cyd have de athleticism and recovery speed to deal wit dem fellas and yuh done know somebody go be limpin and it eh go be Cyd.  Ting is...Atiba showin me he have dah same ability but better sense.  If either coulda play on de leff side we woulda have soometing decent on both flanks.  As it is, yuh know Avery go have #14 Garcia hot.  He have to make sure he get help from de coverin midfielder because dey love to play give and go.

#13 Berrios is de one ah fraid.  He lil bit eh....look like he bout 18 but he bad.  Carlos could take he to school but he go real have to wuk on de defensive end to handle Berrios overlappin.

#3 Figueroa is de man from Honduras we have to watch for.  Most of de plays does eedah go through he or end up wit he involved somehow.

To answer yuh question bout de Honduras middle men...surprisingly they weren't that skillful in terms of what you accustomed seeing from Latin/Central American ballers.  Nobody really stood out from that perspective to me.  Is not like dey have a Wilton Lopes, a Latas, a Theodore Whitmore etc.  Den again....neither do we.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 12:50:43 PM by palos »

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 01:41:08 PM »
is anybody sure if 106fm bringing the game?
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 01:58:45 PM »
excellent palos....now ah know what ah looking forward to...tomorrow nite in de orange bowl...me and small magician now settle into the place where we staying....hope to bounce up you guys tomorrow nite....tnt tnt tnt....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005, 02:41:48 PM »
Hey Palos, thanks for dem posts yuh make in this string, very useful. Lets hope Beenie helpers are reading this forum or our scouts made similar useful observations!

I already make my predictions in the Predictions game including goalscorers in T&T v Hon game!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline soccerdaddy

• New Warrior
  • Quite Respectable Chap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2005, 02:50:06 PM »
Nice report palos. I wonder how you reason that we could beat Honduras tho. You did not indicate any weaknesses they have. It sound like they are a decent team with playmakers who could take it to our defence. Formation wise from what you report like we okay wit the 4-4-2.

I love the way the team looking now but I still have reservations. I see our problem being that we do not have speedy wingers who could take it to defenders. Carlos has the skill but not the speed and he does not track back well. Glenn have the speed and the willingness to take on men but he ball control very suspect and doh talk about his defense. Samuel may be an x-factor at left mid, but with that size look like he wheels have flat tires. I know beenie man go figure out something tho. Go Warriors.
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2005, 04:16:39 PM »
In reply to soccerdaddy

Well I did indicate that if we played a mobile striker with Stern we could give the Honduran defence problems just like the Canadian attack.  I also said that we should enjoy a significant advantage in the air as well as when Honduras' wide players overlapped, they left a lot of space for the opposition to exploit when they lost the ball.

I think those could be classified as areas we can exploit and weaknesses on their part.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2005, 05:32:50 PM »
i believe the runner up in our group would play the winner of group B, which would be the usa. although we can challenge them, i wouldnt want to play them before the aug 17th match. thus, we should definetly be aiming to win the group.
Hart for president

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2005, 09:01:49 PM »
i believe the runner up in our group would play the winner of group B, which would be the usa. although we can challenge them, i wouldnt want to play them before the aug 17th match. thus, we should definetly be aiming to win the group.

Aim to win the group?  I hope Beenie Man logs on to this forum before tomorrow and picks up on this masterful tactical plan.  Hopefully the scouts from Honduras, Colombia and Panama don't get word of this first.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2005, 10:24:30 PM »
Aim to win the group?  I hope Beenie Man logs on to this forum before tomorrow and picks up on this masterful tactical plan.  Hopefully the scouts from Honduras, Colombia and Panama don't get word of this first.

Lawd.....like yuh ingest some serious aloes boy arrow.  Yuh songin bittah dey sah.  ;)

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2005, 11:24:47 PM »
arrow like yuh get eh get ah personal message from triniman or wha?

Yuh sounding like ah priest who he have no alter boys.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2005, 02:34:18 AM »
Good wok Palos,,,, well done... how much corners did Honduras have..

With Carlos out, ah feel Gray might be a better option and leave Eve more center, we cant use to inexperience midfielders like Spann and Birchall to run things off.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2005, 06:24:33 AM »
Colombia mixes experience with youth at Gold Cup.
EFE News.

Some fresh faces have been added to the Colombian national team's roster at the Gold Cup. Colombia head coach Rueda has also included some veterans and international players in the mix with the intent of improving upon the nation's last Gold Cup performance, in which it was eliminated in the quarterfinals.
Among the starters currently playing abroad are Galatasaray goalkeeper Farid Mondragon, River Plate midfielder Jairo Patiño and defender Jose Julian De La Cuesta with Spanish club Caringdiz.
Though Medellin forward Cesar Valoyes is the only newcomer to crack the starting lineup, Rueda noted that he called up the younger players "with the thought in mind that they will assume the responsibility of (becoming) starters."
With World Cup qualifiers looming, Rueda also sought to underscore that Colombia would not field an inferior team that might sully the nation's soccer reputation.
"We need a balanced lineup because the Gold Cup is a demanding tournament, with teams from Central and North America that have very strong players and so we have to bring a team that represents us well," he said.
"We are going to face teams like Mexico, which has spent a lot of time together, and the United States, which is having a good qualifying season. Those are very strong teams and the other teams from Central America have been making a lot of progress, that's why this is a tournament that is very risky and unpredictable."
Among the younger set, Rueda has placed his bets on Aldo Leao Ramirez, Luis Martinez and Juan Carlos Ramirez of Santa Fe, and Hector Hurtado and Humberto Martinez of Nacional. The two teams recently vied for the local club championship, in which Nacional defeated Santa Fe 2-0.
Colombia joins Honduras, Panama and Trinidad and Tobago in Group A, which will play in Miami's Orange Bowl. Colombia takes on Panama as part of the opening doubleheader on July 6.
The Gold Cup competition will be among three four-team groups, with the top two teams from each advancing to the next round. Two third-ranked teams will also qualify for the quarterfinals.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2005, 07:02:06 AM »

CONCACAF president Jack Warner, left, greets Honduran assistant soccer coach Richardson Smith, right, as Trinidad and Tobago soccer coach Leo Beenhakker, center, looks on during a news conference, Tuesday, July 5, 2005, in Miami. The news conference officially kicks off the 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup soccer tournament, which will launch with first-round matches at Miami's Orange Bowl July 6, 9 and 11. ...(AP Photo/Luis M. Alvarez).

Colombian soccer coach Reinaldo Rueda, left, talks with CONCACAF president Jack Warner before a news conference Tuesday, July 5, 2005, in Miami. The news conference officially kicks off the 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup soccer tournament, which will launch with first-round matches at Miami's Orange Bowl July 6, 9 and 11 with the participation of Colombia, Honduras, Panama and Trinidad and Tobago men's national soccer teams. ...(AP Photo/Luis M. Alvarez).
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason Scotland to start against Honduras
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2005, 07:12:30 AM »
Jason Scotland to start against Honduras
By Shaun Fuentes

Coventry City striker Stern John and Jason Scotland will lead Trinidad and Tobago's strike force in tonight's 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup opener against Honduras at the Orange Bowl Stadium.

Leo Beenhakker made the disclosure on the eve of the match as he announced his starting team following dinner at the Inter-Continental Hotel on Tuesday night after the team was allowed to take a walk around Bayside from  around 6pm.

Also starting in goal will be Kelvin Jack while Glasgow Rangers defender Marvin Andrews, well monitored by Beenhakker and the team physio Zeph Nicholas throughout the tour so far, will start at the back with Dennis Lawrence.

Brent Sancho, who trained for the entire camp so far, including Tuesday's final session at the University of Miami Ground, got a little pinch in his hamstring again but is not considered serious. The only cause for concern is the thigh strain to Carlos Edwards and he will not be in action today.

"I think we have prepared well for the game and the whole tournament as a matter of fact," defender Avery John told TTFF Media. "All the guys want to do well because they know aside from the World Cup qualifiers, a lot is also at stake in this Gold Cup and it's been a while since we did well in it. I was not part of the team which reached the 2000 semi-finals but now I can safely say that we look to be ready to do pretty well this time around."

The chance to start is a good bit of news for Scotland who is coming off the disappointing news that his application for a workpermit was turned down in Scotland, blocking him from signing a two-year deal with Dundee United.

Beenhakker will hold a light session on Wednesday with the players who are not in the start team to face Honduras.

Check back later for the full line up.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 10:30:20 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2005, 07:18:08 AM »
If Beenie announced his starting lineup already, how come Fuentes doh name the rest?
I glad for Scotland, must have been impressive in training.  Hope he's in the right frame of mind and this helps him win his appeal.  And Glen we know can do some damage coming on in the 2nd half.  Or perhaps Beenie will try him on the left side?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2005, 07:27:21 AM »
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 07:40:09 AM by Flex »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2005, 07:32:34 AM »
Also starting in goal will be Kelvin Jack.... !!!!

Btw, Nice update and Photos Shaun... keep them coming...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 07:40:44 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2005, 07:44:16 AM »
Yeah, good job Shaun..

Maybe Jack showing something special in training, lets hpe Shaka teach him a thing or 2 over the past week though... Jack must be more aggressive in de air. Ah feel Shaka might get we goalkeeper coach if we qualify for de world cup and Ince come back.. ?

Good Luck T&T..

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2005, 07:46:17 AM »
Hopefully Shaka lends him a pair of gloves so Jack can grip the ball this time

El Socorro

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2005, 08:03:33 AM »
Good Luck Fellas. 

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2005, 08:05:51 AM »
yeah boy last time jack hurt ma heart

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2005, 08:51:38 AM »
thanks for the info and pictures. it's refreshing to see more and more pictures of the team during training and games. these were't too available in the past..... make us prouder with a victory 2nite WARRIORS!

Offline soccerdaddy

• New Warrior
  • Quite Respectable Chap
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2005, 09:03:24 AM »
Beenie is a man believe in loyalty he eh go drop yuh just so. I believe througout this gold cup the job is Jack own to lose. If we get two good result from Honduras and Panama then Shaka might get a save in the match against Colombia. I feel Beenie going with the same team that start against Mexico except for Dwight and now Carlos of course. So Scotland get the start and ah feel Rahim or Eve might slot in for Carlos.

I hear the man say he in the tournament to win. This thing about trying out new men will sort itself out. As long as we continue to play winning football, the men who on the bench looking on will automatically step up when they get they chance. There is no better preparation for WCQ than beating good teams. Go Warriors.
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2005, 09:30:00 AM »
Yuh talking bull cock, loyalty should not get first choice, Shaka didn't turn us down he wanted to take care of business because he was dumped by Portsmouth, that doesn't mean he isn't loyal...

We should pick the BEST possible 11 from that 23 man squad.... bottom line, because everybody's here and willing...

Ince was loyal all de time and how he get drop vs Panama and dont tell meh is because of back pains eh...

Maybe Jack did better than Hislop in training and get he deserve pick... you pick a team based on form, following instructions, hard work, commitment, does the simple things, fitness etc etc.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 09:33:41 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>