April 26, 2024, 11:08:31 AM

Author Topic: Johnnie Walker Black Label  (Read 10817 times)

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Johnnie Walker Black Label
« on: October 29, 2006, 04:45:05 PM »
I just been taking in some johnnie walker (black label) with some jerk chicken and someone asked me why trinis love johnnie walker so much. Apart from that its tastes wicked i cant actually answer the question. If it produced in Scotland how comes the drink is associated so much with Trinis?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Johnnie Walker Black Label
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 04:53:34 PM »
dis is interesting ..jus recently in Ontario, the local liquor control board was promoting various whiskies (including Johnnie Walker) and dat prompted a discussion on whiskey.  All the Trinis and JA in my family drinks Johnie Walker. 

I am not a whiskey drinker and was asking what makes a whiskey special ..den dey start to talk about single malts, single dis, single dat and dey lose me.

so. i will broaden your original question to ask what makes a good whiskey good? and how does JW compared to the other whiskeys?
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 05:05:25 PM »
Also when i went on a night out recently in England the places that i went to didnt sell Johnnie Walker, so i had to drink Jack Daniels whole night. Jack Daniels is nice but it cant compare to Johnnie Walker. Once you taste Johnnie Walker (black label) nothing with taste the same again.

Last time i was in Trinidad i was always drinking Black and White and thats made in Scotland as well. To be honest i cant remember what it tastes like  ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 05:09:52 PM by Remie »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 05:53:49 PM »
what about differences (besides price) between black, red, green and blue (?) label JW?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 09:26:50 PM »
somebody say juice ???  ;D ;D

pecan all ah know is it much expensive dan dewar
all ah know is black does taste better dan red
ah never had ah blue yet....

lemme see who went university to study whiskey now.
wait, allyuh go get "well me and johnny go way back OR well i've heard from johnny walker himself, saying dat the blue was make in germany and he also told me dat it was his best brand yet"  ::)

where dey evidence

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 10:13:49 PM »
reason being is because Trinis are a set of waggonist

most if not everyone break out with rum and coke
but somebody tell yuh that Johhny is the real thing and convince you that Johnny is the real scene
you didn't find out for yourself it was not a natural progression it was just waggonist behavior

in the big scheme of things Johnie Walker is cheap scotch that is not world ranked and in truth and in fact Johnie Walker Red is more popular but is hardly seen in Trinidad.
Secondly Trinis is the only people that does drink Johnie and Coconut and Johnie and _______.

My folks recently went to Scotland and they said they did not even see Johnie Walker. When they went out to drink Scotch the glass was warmed and you drank it neat.

I guess it is the power of advertising that makes people feel that Johnie Walker is the epitome of Scotch. What does real piss me off is the Corbeaux and sponge cake attitude of Trinis. The people who does go party and rum shop and drink rum and beers and will never buy Johnie Walker for themselves weather it be for monetary or some other reason. Those same people as they reach in a wedding or buy a padna house the fuss thing they reaching for is the Johnie Walker and will drink it till they vomit.   

Més que un club.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 10:16:55 PM »
reason being is because Trinis are a set of waggonist

most if not everyone break out with rum and coke
but somebody tell yuh that Johhny is the real thing and convince you that Johnny is the real scene
you didn't find out for yourself it was not a natural progression it was just waggonist behavior

in the big scheme of things Johnie Walker is cheap scotch that is not world ranked and in truth and in fact Johnie Walker Red is more popular but is hardly seen in Trinidad.
Secondly Trinis is the only people that does drink Johnie and Coconut and Johnie and _______.

My folks recently went to Scotland and they said they did not even see Johnie Walker. When they went out to drink Scotch the glass was warmed and you drank it neat.

I guess it is the power of advertising that makes people feel that Johnie Walker is the epitome of Scotch. What does real piss me off is the Corbeaux and sponge cake attitude of Trinis. The people who does go party and rum shop and drink rum and beers and will never buy Johnie Walker for themselves weather it be for monetary or some other reason. Those same people as they reach in a wedding or buy a padna house the fuss thing they reaching for is the Johnie Walker and will drink it till they vomit.  

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
like some people pass in by u drink out allyuh jonny and then eh let u come parang by then boy. lol
doh worry i go buy ah bottle for u especiallys inc eu say it cheap(i eh know nuttin bout alco.)
lol
from me to u  :beermug: ;D
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 11:23:50 PM »
what about differences (besides price) between black, red, green and blue (?) label JW?

Red is 8 yr old, black is 12 yr old, green/ gold is de malt and blue is de 24 yr old.

Do you know there is JW imitations ?
 Check a legit bottle of JW and you will see on the label that Johnnie's right foot is forward and in some of the knock off's the foot in front is the left.
There are also some labels that show him going in the opposite direction.

Don't be fooled.
For authenthicity testing of any premium alcohol you may contact fishs for tasteing sessions everyday of the week 24 hr service.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 12:28:39 AM »
doh forget Johnnie Walker Swing

Més que un club.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 05:39:11 AM »
Hmm, ^^ that look good ,guyanese like they jw to .It might not be the best but it taste better than some of them nasty tasting expensive scotch and blck a little nicer. Black and white cheap to but it still nice ,it have a bit more after taste.Dewars  just disgusting  :(.And I will drink Jim Beam or Wild Turkey Kentucky Boubon Whiskey over Jack Daniels anyday .
 Canadian whiskey's and ryes is good  stuff to as it less funky than scotch to .
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 05:42:55 AM by CV:5 »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 05:45:29 AM »
try Buchanan's, Black and White or Chivas Regal, to me them is drink real smooth straight up.
i think all them american and canadian whiskey is crap, Jack Daniels is too overated.
i havent drank much bourbon so ah cant comment on Jim Beam.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 05:59:24 AM »
real connie-sirs here boy ;D
me i like de 1 month old aged shandy or the 3 week malta meh self.
malta carib is old shcool but vita malt has ah real nice smooth taste.
I find whne i want ah real head though shandy sorrel is de real thing....is a true creeper  :devil: :devil: :devil:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 06:11:30 AM »
try Buchanan's, Black and White or Chivas Regal, to me them is drink real smooth straight up.
i think all them american and canadian whiskey is crap, Jack Daniels is too overated.
i havent drank much bourbon so ah cant comment on Jim Beam.
Crown Royal is ah nice drink guy

Feliizano which better american beer or canadian  ;D
But i agree with this guy here ,go for age
CANADIAN WHISKY

* Wiser's Very Old ($29.95) is 18 years old and still one amazing buy. A scotch of this age would undoubtedly set you back twice as much. Very Old is a remarkably smooth and mellow whisky with complex vanilla-cream flavors.

Canadian Club, Aged 15 Years ($24.95) is very fine whisky with a smooth finish. It's packaged in what I call a double-mickey, a distinctive replica of the company's "roaring '20s" bottle.

$ Alberta Springs 10-Year-Old ($19.95) is pure rye whisky, delicate, lean and elegant. I drink it with a teaspoon of water to soften the blow and to bring up the subtle aromatics.

Tangle Ridge ($24.95), another 100 per cent rye from Alberta Distillers, has a spicier flavor, the result of double-casking (i.e., aging in two different types of barrels).

Pike Creek ($34.95) is also double-casked, first in standard oak, followed by a short term in barrels previously used to age Cockburn Ruby Port. The taste is delicious, straight or mixed.

Crown Royal Limited Edition ($33.95) is expensive but tasty.

Gibson's Finest Rare 18-Year-Old ($34.95) is also outstanding but the extra five bucks hurts. I prefer their 12-Year-Old ($21.25) for value.

:) Canadian Club ($19.50) is my all-time favorite mixing whisky. It may have something to do with the fact that it played a major role in my first mid-Atlantic buzz, when I was 15.

Schenley O.F.C. ($19.50), an eight-year-old with a rich, caramel-corn flavor, offers excellent value
and this for your recovery
Bitters were created -- inadvertently -- as a digestive aid for upset stomach. Mix alcohol with roots, leaves, bark, flower petals, seeds, spices, herbs, grasses and other bitter botanicals and you can expect to end up with an awful-tasting substance. But add a spoonful of sugar and watch the medicine go down easy. (Am I sounding like Julie Andrews yet?)

* :) Underberg ($5.40/3x20mL) brings quick relief of overindulgence. It has one of the more bitter taste profiles -- roots, tar, licorice and hellfire (a shot will grow hair on your eyeballs) -- but it works.

* Fernet Branca ($24.40/500mL) tastes even worse than Buckley's mixture but it's the ultimate cure for the gawdawful feeling you get the morning after the night before.

:) Jaegermeister ($28.10) is much sweeter and great with a beer chaser just for the fun of it. In Denmark, it is taken first thing in the morning. Here, it's treated as a shooter.

* :) Campari ($21.65) is the classic bitter aperitivo and can be used to create some sophisticated cocktails.
 ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 06:46:44 AM by CV:5 »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 06:49:32 AM »
Disgruntled said it best....its all about marketing...... but lewwe see who is real scotch drinker here.

The first setta scotch that man used to coast with was dis...

This was the 80's and 90s.

Den the flick was two dogs or two puppies aka Black and White.

The amount of ad with big totots girl dat used to show on channel 2 and 13.

Alyuh know the ad with the kinda guitar strum...Down to cinema in Superstar and Astor used to show d ads before yuh show.

Den the flick was Dewars.....aged 12 years. men graduate from double dog and say they not on dat.

Den Chivas Regal

Den man move to Johnny Red.

Den it shift to Johnny Black.

Now from my personal experience. I endorse the Johnny Black and the green and blue and gold.

Dem thing is not for casual drinking them is special occasion thing and yes yuh must drink it neat. No cokes, no coconut water, no redbull, no ginger ale, no soda nuttin.

But for me if I in a free drinks .........A Johnny Black and Coconut is d best drink ever created.

All yuh electrolytes, yuh peeing good, it does put lead in yuh pencil and best of all yuh doe have no burnin throat, hangover, headache nuttin. Yuh waking up in the morning NORMAL.

If yuh only play yuh drinking copious amounts of dem other liquor...its hangover time. Pay for the quality and yuh body go thank yuh later.

If yuh ent have a coconut water...put yuh soda in the deep freeze...get it semi icy.

Buy a iron cup/chalice down in charlotte street for 10$ and put that in the fridge too.

Throw in yuh 1/4 cup Johnny, 1/4 semi frozen soda and sit back and sip.

When I go them extra big fete and they have dey special Scotch booth set up I does make meh name. In Amnesia...Island people gorn January...I used my male powers of persuasion and the gift of gab on a lil indian smallie. The Darling put aside a a 1/4 bottle of the gold one side for meh and  she give meh a 1/4 Green......All for the mere price of a smile, a small talk and calling she name when ordering meh drink and watch meh I move like a good selfish man. I drink meh thing quiet quiet and ent tell nobody nuttin......cause is a setta  Corbeaux/Spongecake partners I have.

Dem not on Scotch...dem on ketching it in the least amount of drinks and the least amount of time. Dem on rum, vodka, beers. Dem not on savouring the taste of something yuh know yuh cyar afford and not seeing anytime soon.

But drink yuh scotch neat...if not dilute it with coconut water.

Lastly, see Teachers, Mc Arthurs, Cutty Sark, Highlander and all dem thing. Doe drink dat, doe even waste yuh money on dat. Is better yuh buy a nip of puncheon or a few beers. The lowest yuh should go is a double dog.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 06:53:05 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 06:59:01 AM »
I like de cognac ...Courvoisier as per Leon Phelps

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 07:09:58 AM »
at best JW Black is entry level stuff.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 07:28:11 AM »
Reality of scotch whiskies for me is you have your blended and your single malts.

Sinlge malts are the rolls royces, smooth , flavour full .

Blended whiskies normally tantalise the taste but with the single malt all your senses are stimulated. Of course if you overdo it you will lose all of those senses.

BTW ah tell allyuh about de fella dat ah meet in Kaiserlautern dat only offer mih one drink from he bottle ah Johnnie Black ?

;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 07:44:02 AM »
wimp..like yuh go never forgive dat man atall  ;D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 08:09:56 AM »
Ah have ah likkle sorry with jonny walker black with this board too wimp ,ah never tell  ;D. Saywah .ah man tell meh "go take ah drink man  it over dey " cool ask for the ting lol next man tell meh ."JW black nah it doh have none only beer  :rotfl: . " Ah say but the man say it have ,he hit meh ah cut eye and tell me go look  :rotfl:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 09:17:17 AM »
all i know is de red does give me headache.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 09:27:52 AM »

My 2c

When it comes to whisky, I like a lil sip myself. I used to drink the blended stuff (typical... Johnny, Chivas, Crown Royal, Famous Old Grouse), but several years ago, I discovered the single malts and the rest as they say...
The American stuff... Jack Daniels, Jim Beam etc. can't really be called Scotch whiskeys for obvious reasons, but are bourbons. I will drink  Jack, but for drinking something "straight", I kinda like Southern Comfort which is smoother.
I was fortunate enough to go to Scotland and take a tasting tour of some of the distilleries, in particular Glennfiddich. They have several variants, but the one is recommend is the Solera blend... real nice.
That being said, 'fiddich is not really my poison of choice... among the lower priced variants, I prefer Glenkinchie, but especially Glenmorangie (cherry   or Madeira) or Oban. A Scottish friend introduced me to a "unique" single malt called Laphroaig; a very strong aftertaste of peat water (which is what is used in the distilling process)... very different.
For me, you really want to enjoy a good whiskey "straight/neat". Why confuse the taste with mixers? If it aint good enough to drink straight, it aint good enough :-)
Sorry  to hijack the thread to only single malts, but...  ;)
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 09:52:57 AM »
pecan:...from cheapest to most expensive

JW red, black, green, gold, then blue...i not entirely sure the cost of a blue...but the last time i heard it was about 200US a bottle...somebody correck meh if ah wrong...

I not a big scotch drinker at all.....but Glenfiddich and J&B scotch are easily my favourites..

and nutting is be more refreshing than a scotch and coconut water on carnival monday in de hot sun....

fyi: yuh could get johnny walker green in duty free for 32 US, which is a steal

Cantona:  Laphroaig is a boss single malt.... :beermug:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 10:20:14 AM »
Licks..yuh does put pineapple in yuh JW too ent?   :party:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline rasjay

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 11:56:47 AM »
i dont know too much about whisky but i will tell u what i've heard..
johnnie walker has been gaining awards for quality, taste and consistency since 1869 -before our grandfathers time. why do u think that is?
ask any whisky expert; it is the true benchmark for scotch whisky and is the world's best selling whisky.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 12:22:32 PM »
johnnie walker has been gaining awards for quality, taste and consistency since 1869 -before our grandfathers time. why do u think that is?
ask any whisky expert; it is the true benchmark for scotch whisky and is the world's best selling whisky.

rasjay I eh know if yuh right or wrong....but if yuh 1st post is to come to defence of de singlemalt..dat mean yuh does take yuh grog serious...I hadda take you serious

That being said What yuh think about fruit flavoured babash?...is ah marketin idea ah swillin in mih head for awhile,,yuh tink it go fly?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 01:19:43 PM »

humph
yuh first post on the board and yuh done post sh!t already

If you for one minute think that Johnnie Walker is the benchmark for Whisky then you have a think coming. Johnnie Walker and more so Johnnie Walker Black is a Trini think don get caught up in the hype. And as for the awards crap yuh talking that doh man shit because yuh could watch any movie trailer and yuh go see "So and So give it 2 thumbs up.........Best movie for the year" and when you go to watch it you want a refund on your money.

Més que un club.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2006, 01:21:53 PM »

humph
yuh first post on the board and yuh done post sh!t already

If you for one minute think that Johnnie Walker is the benchmark for Whisky then you have a think coming. Johnnie Walker and more so Johnnie Walker Black is a Trini think don get caught up in the hype. And as for the awards crap yuh talking that doh man shit because yuh could watch any movie trailer and yuh go see "So and So give it 2 thumbs up.........Best movie for the year" and when you go to watch it you want a refund on your money.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Doh hurt him Disgruntled  :rotfl:
In his defence, he said that he didn't know too much about whisky, but then he went and post that tata...
Anyway, welcome rasjay... is just kicks eh...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 01:23:28 PM by Cantona007 »
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »

doh take on dem men too much ...  dey have men with 3924 posts and dey still take a lot a heat.

welcome :)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2006, 01:43:38 PM »
You and your shyte again...  :rotfl:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2006, 01:59:36 PM »
You and your shyte again...  :rotfl:

oh gorm...well you look like yuh know yuh grog

since allyuh done buse rasajay..he eh commin back in ah hurry

limon babash?
peach babash
pomseetay babash?
green mango babash?
babash julie?
baabash grape?

wuh allyuh tink?? it go score??

1]; } ?>