March 28, 2024, 10:49:37 AM

Author Topic: New movie about Jesus...interesting  (Read 8086 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: New movie about Jesus...interesting
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2006, 08:39:38 PM »
no ..cloning has been proven (wat was de name a dat sheep in the UK).
meh gurl, I mean de sheep name  is molly  :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
now ah have to get derid of meh rubber boots ;D ;D ;D ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

TrinInfinite

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2006, 08:57:13 PM »
who say Jesus wasnt ah pot belly arab?

yea Jefferz he coulda be
he coulda be a cokie-eye eskimo too nobody know

jesus was a jew, de hebrews was in egypt for over 200 years, they mixed with the egyptians, you could almost say hebrews were a mixed race, jesus brought all colours and races 2gether, one of the wise men were black, everyone is from the same lineage, i think people study colour too much and 4get the message of the saviour...

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2006, 08:59:50 PM »
so after vagina hair stop allyuh cheap labour who will clean allyuh toilets....
lol

canada...obviously!
yuh say dat like i should be offended...lol..
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2006, 04:51:27 AM »
who say Jesus wasnt ah pot belly arab?

yea Jefferz he coulda be
he coulda be a cokie-eye eskimo too nobody know

jesus was a jew, de hebrews was in egypt for over 200 years, they mixed with the egyptians, you could almost say hebrews were a mixed race, jesus brought all colours and races 2gether, one of the wise men were black, everyone is from the same lineage, i think people study colour too much and 4get the message of the saviour...

how you know for sure eh??

you was dey??

stewps.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

truetrini

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2006, 06:22:37 AM »
lol

canada...obviously!

offended?  why sir?  I expect you to be estatic..afterall, we will be offereing you employment.

A proposition that oftentimes brings joy.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2006, 06:46:35 AM »
lol

canada...obviously!

offended?  why sir?  I expect you to be estatic..afterall, we will be offereing you employment.

what kinda joy do u get when u clean your toilets..or should i be asking hey-sus that..lol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2006, 06:52:58 AM »
 The bible is the best selling fictional, romance, horror, coimc, science, philosophical, history book ever written.
This book was probably written by a group of Indian scholars who masterfully constructed a scource of inspiration to keep people west of the Indus fighting for centuries past and centuries to come.
Jesus being the main character in the book is mis-represented by being shown as white in most depictions.
However simple timeline deduction should make it quite clear that he is colorless, since melanin was at the time the book represents was in its mid development stage.

Quote taken from the book of Beezlebaub written by Adolf Hitler with noteworthy insights by Josef Stalin.
Ah want de woman on de bass

truetrini

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2006, 07:19:07 AM »
lol

canada...obviously!

what kinda joy do u get when u clean your toilets..or should i be asking hey-sus that..lol
oh no..I clean my own toilets....and you are right; no joy....I get the satisfaction of knowing that germs are being stopped in their grimy little tracks.

I was talking about offering Canucks the job of scraping farts off jockey shorts with ah wooden ladle or say....ah polished hoe..tings ah dat sort...yuh know.

areal job.

truetrini

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2006, 07:22:08 AM »
The best decision is looking for the truth.

Thats the only way to win.

Imagine people believe that yuh go dead and get wings and fly around in heaven???

But dey doh believe in evolution....steups.

Question:  "if they take ah single cell from yuh body...use de DNA and clone you...does dat new you have a soul?
Ah feel James Brown better equipped to answer this question LOL.

I saw a documentary on dat once ...it was called .... lemme tink ..

Austin powers: the spy who shagged me"
so yuh feel dat cloning is science fiction..or maybe a flight of fantasy?

but if a human was cloned will it have a soul.  I think the concept of a soul is manmade.

When we die, we cannot comprehend what the next stage is.  I do not believe in sould per se.

Here is a simple example ... when we were in our mother's womb, that was all that we knew.  When we were born, that life in the womb cease to exist and we began a new stage.  We donot/cannot remember what the womb was.

So I believe that when we die, we move on and do not necsssarily remember the past.

Heaven as described in popular media does not exist as described.  Heanven is becoming one with God

when we die we doh remember anything..dat is why it is called death...like in no more..kaput..de end.

Unless yuh believe in fairy tales.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2006, 07:48:55 AM »
The bible is the best selling fictional, romance, horror, coimc, science, philosophical, history book ever written.
This book was probably written by a group of Indian scholars who masterfully constructed a scource of inspiration to keep people west of the Indus fighting for centuries past and centuries to come.
Jesus being the main character in the book is mis-represented by being shown as white in most depictions.
However simple timeline deduction should make it quite clear that he is colorless, since melanin was at the time the book represents was in its mid development stage.

Quote taken from the book of Beezlebaub written by Adolf Hitler with noteworthy insights by Josef Stalin.

wimp boy...is pure hell in yuh backside fuh dat piece ah sarcasm

doh dead soon yuh know?? adolf and joe lookin to bat some scotch with yuh
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2006, 08:27:52 AM »
The best decision is looking for the truth.

Thats the only way to win.

Imagine people believe that yuh go dead and get wings and fly around in heaven???

But dey doh believe in evolution....steups.

Question:  "if they take ah single cell from yuh body...use de DNA and clone you...does dat new you have a soul?
Ah feel James Brown better equipped to answer this question LOL.

I saw a documentary on dat once ...it was called .... lemme tink ..

Austin powers: the spy who shagged me"
so yuh feel dat cloning is science fiction..or maybe a flight of fantasy?

but if a human was cloned will it have a soul.  I think the concept of a soul is manmade.

When we die, we cannot comprehend what the next stage is.  I do not believe in sould per se.

Here is a simple example ... when we were in our mother's womb, that was all that we knew.  When we were born, that life in the womb cease to exist and we began a new stage.  We donot/cannot remember what the womb was.

So I believe that when we die, we move on and do not necsssarily remember the past.

Heaven as described in popular media does not exist as described.  Heanven is becoming one with God

when we die we doh remember anything..dat is why it is called death...like in no more..kaput..de end.

Unless yuh believe in fairy tales.

leh me ask you a question:  yuh remmeber beng in yuh muddah's womb?  yet ah sure yuh moms will say yuh was  pain when she was pregnat ..kicking she, turning an den, finally making yuh grand entry into the worl as we know it.

And jus maybe, yuh are right about death being final.  But you want to take de chance dat you wrong?  It doh hurt to believe as long as yuh doh impose your beliefs and fundamentaliz on other ppl.  Which i hope i am not doing with you ;D
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

truetrini

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2006, 09:10:21 AM »
nah yuh safe with me...I love pecans.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2006, 10:13:16 AM »
DEAD ???
dat word not in meh personal dictionary nah
cause UP and DOWN ain't ready fur ah oman to take over yet  :wavetowel:
so ah stick down here with at seta mad people :devil:

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2006, 05:31:30 PM »
too bad none of allyuh except Cana answer meh original question

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2006, 05:57:04 PM »
Jesus does cut my grass every two weeks....right here in Virginia!

He last name is Torres
he mexican..if so..tell him hurry n send for de 30 other members of eh fmaily...yuh president putting up ah fence...fus is a ah cunny hole....before he spend the money in other ways..any hwo tell
hay-sues  to hurry
lol

Breds, he building a fence, but ask yuhself... who it is REALLY providin the labour for that project?  Mexicans ent?  ;)  :devil:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 05:59:09 PM by Cantona007 »
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2006, 06:14:48 PM »
Me eh see what is de big deal. Everybody have ah right tuh see him in any color dey want to; in our own image and likeness. De ting I does trip on is when yuh have ah non-white representation of God, Jesus or whoever and people does say how yuh blasphemous. Steups. Ah must say ah was surprised one time when ah went into a Russian Orthodox Chhurch and all of de art one walls depicted black saints and angels etc. just like what you would see in Ethiopian Orthodox religous art.

Moses

Jesus

dat is surprising...especially fuh a Russian Orthodox Church. Cool scene though.

You are right everybody have the right to see their God in any color they want to. But if you have yours and they have theirs and so on, yuh can't help but feel de need fuh at least a unifying factor, or some sort of constancy. Or maybe it is to each his own, and we should not dwell on it. Hard not to, though.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2020, 07:01:46 PM »
BBC's Heart and Soul, 'Black Jesus'.

The identity and colour of Jesus – and why it matters - has taken on a new significance in this year of protest and change. Seeing Jesus as a darker skinned Palestinian rather than blonde European is both historically accurate and theologically important, but it’s not a new idea.

James Cone, the influential US theologian released ‘A Black Theology of Liberation’ 50 years ago this year – and formally developed a radical new way of exploring the message of Christianity. While people often say it’s a ‘white man’s religion’, Cone emphasised Jesus’ identity as black, on the side of the oppressed, and Christianity as a religion of liberation.

Robert Beckford, one of the UK’s prominent black theologians, wants to explore the impact Black Theology has had, the implications for the church and whether seeing Jesus as black is having a revival due to the influence of black lives matter. In this programme Robert speaks to key theologians who studied under Cone; Professor Dwight Hopkins and the Very Reverend Kelly Brown Douglas about the social context and significance of Cone’s work.

He hears from Rev Otis Moss III from a Chicago based church which lives out black theology, and Pastor Jonathan Jackson in the UK. Robert goes on to explore how young Christians are readdressing Jesus’ identity in the UK with Chine McDonald and has a discussion about embracing the Black Jesus with Clare Williams, Shermara Fletcher and Joel Brown. Plus he’ll hear from American artist and iconographer Mark Doox about the depiction of a black Christ in Christian art.

Aired December 18, 2020.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3ct1cw9

On the BBC no less. Merry Christmas.🔥
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 07:06:21 PM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>