April 20, 2024, 12:21:56 AM

Author Topic: Young Reggae Boys’ Coach confident about win over TT  (Read 5304 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Young Reggae Boys’ Coach confident about win over TT
« on: October 31, 2006, 07:51:11 PM »
By: radiojamaica.com

Tue Oct 31, 2006

National under-20 coach, Dr. Dean Weatherly, is expressing confidence in his troops to get by Trinidad and Tobago and reach the eight team final round of the Concacaf World Cup qualifiers.

The teams will meet to decide the third Caribbean spot to the final round after both teams finished runners up in their preliminary groups.

Jamaica’s coach strongly believes the Young Reggae Boys should get the better of the Young Soca Warriors.

Haiti and St. Kitts are automatic qualifiers to the Concacaf/FIFA World Youth Cup playoffs to be hosted in Mexico and Panama in January and February respectively.

Four Concacaf teams will then progress to the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Canada.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Young Reggae Boys’ Coach confident about win over TT
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 08:38:59 AM »

Tue Oct 31, 2006

National under-20 coach, Dr. Dean Weatherly, is expressing confidence in his troops to get by Trinidad and Tobago and reach the eight team final round of the Concacaf World Cup qualifiers.

The teams will meet to decide the third Caribbean spot to the final round after both teams finished runners up in their preliminary groups.

Jamaica’s coach strongly believes the Young Reggae Boys should get the better of the Young Soca Warriors.

Haiti and St. Kitts are automatic qualifiers to the Concacaf/FIFA World Youth Cup playoffs to be hosted in Mexico and Panama in January and February respectively.

Four Concacaf teams will then progress to the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Canada.

:bringiton:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 10:44:39 AM »

Tue Oct 31, 2006

That's why I respect you, Triniman. You have guts even when you know the odds.  :rotfl:
jjbrown

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 02:57:12 PM »

Tue Oct 31, 2006

That's why I respect you, Triniman. You have guts even when you know the odds.  :rotfl:

what exactly is Weatherly basing his assessment on......or is he just another Jamaican blowing hot air like 2099
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 03:04:36 PM »

Tue Oct 31, 2006

what exactly is Weatherly basing his assessment on......or is he just another Jamaican blowing hot air like 2099

Well, you might be the one blowing the hot air. Fact that T&T lost to lowly St. Kitts recently might be the reason for high confidence level being displayed by the Jamaica coach....I assume he is also very confident seeing that you will have to play at least one leg of the series in Jamaica.....last tim e a T&T youth team played there, it was a blow-out. I suppuse all those factors justified his comments. I'm not seeing much confidence coming from your coaching staff...might also be another "confidence booster" for the AJmaica coach.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 03:05:24 PM »

Tue Oct 31, 2006

Weatherly is basing it on the under-prepared Young Reggae Boyz wins and draw in Haiti. ;D
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 03:07:36 PM »

Tue Oct 31, 2006

Well, you might be the one blowing the hot air. Fact that T&T lost to lowly St. Kitts recently might be the reason for high confidence level being displayed by the Jamaica coach....I assume he is also very confident seeing that you will have to play at least one leg of the series in Jamaica.....last tim e a T&T youth team played there, it was a blow-out. I suppuse all those factors justified his comments. I'm not seeing much confidence coming from your coaching staff...might also be another "confidence booster" for the AJmaica coach.

what the school boy  :rotfl:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 03:09:49 PM »
We go settleit on th efield. Them J'cans talking about the lowly St. Kitt's beaten we that is under 20. He forget that St. Vincent beat their senior team.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 03:13:07 PM »
We go settleit on th efield. Them J'cans talking about the lowly St. Kitt's beaten we that is under 20. He forget that St. Vincent beat their senior team.

Nobody forgetting that St. vincent beat our senior team....(well, the "C" team that is)

the confidence being displayed by the Jamaica coach is well justified in this case I believe.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 03:20:53 PM »
All of a sudden is the C team. If all yuh did win it would have been JA beat St.Vincent.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 03:22:01 PM »

Nobody forgetting that St. vincent beat our senior team....(well, the "C" team that is)

the confidence being displayed by the Jamaica coach is well justified in this case I believe.
Until T&T win the Digicel Cup I would prefer my YOUNG REGGAE BOYZ playing in an international World Cup.
jjbrown

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 03:40:41 PM »
Until T&T win the Digicel Cup I would prefer my YOUNG REGGAE BOYZ playing in an international World Cup.

The highlighted part in bold must be a prediction on your part.

Because the Digicel Cup was also known as the Shell Caribbean Cup, Copa Caribe, amongst other names.  No matter....it decides who is Caribbean Champion.  Same competition..just different name.

Since the inaugural tournament in 1989

T&T Caribbean Champions 8 times

Jamaica Caribbean Champions 3 times

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 03:52:40 PM »

Because the Digicel Cup was also known as the Shell Caribbean Cup, Copa Caribe, amongst other names.  No matter....it decides who is Caribbean Champion.  Same competition..just different name.

???. I did not know that.
jjbrown

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 03:54:31 PM »

???. I did not know that.

You're welcome.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 05:24:01 PM »

Tue Oct 31, 2006

I went to Howard with this JA coach, Mr Weatherly. Nothing would please me more than a T&T win over his team as I know him quite well and I'm sure he's eagerly awaiting this match.
BTW his wife is Trini.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 05:47:57 PM »

Tue Oct 31, 2006

I went to Howard with this JA coach, Mr Weatherly. Nothing would please me more than a T&T win over his team as I know him quite well and I'm sure he's eagerly awaiting this match.
BTW his wife is Trini.

and she live ah JA

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 06:25:19 PM »

Tue Oct 31, 2006

BTW his wife is Trini.

and she live ah JA
She telling him all of T&T's secret. That's if you have any. :rotfl: :rotfl:
jjbrown

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 06:31:12 PM »
She telling him all of T&T's secret. That's if you have any. :rotfl: :rotfl:
maybe just maybe it is the other way around  ;D ;D
eh !!  ya ever tink ah dat
watch dem Trinis  ;) ;)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 06:35:13 PM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 07:29:46 AM »

Tue Oct 31, 2006

BTW his wife is Trini.

Whats up with Trini women gravitating to Jamaican men so much? dont tell me Trini men that sorf  ;D

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 07:39:44 AM »
Jamaican football....All talk and no little action....England still living in 1966 and jamaica still living in 1998  ;D

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 07:50:26 AM »

Tue Oct 31, 2006

BTW his wife is Trini.

Whats up with Trini women gravitating to Jamaican men so much? dont tell me Trini men that sorf  ;D

Really I find the opposite to be true, or maybe is just me they like!!!
Maybe is my sorf hair.
Maybe is because i doh grab them up in the back of they neck
Maybe is because I do grab them up in the back of the neck (when the time is right) ;)  ;D
Maybe is because I doh wear my Tshits 2 sizes too small and little boy jeans with big belt buckles.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 07:59:12 AM »

Tue Oct 31, 2006

BTW his wife is Trini.

Yuh welcome to dem rejects :D Even wid dat it will still beautify JA
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 12:12:34 PM »

Tue Oct 31, 2006

BTW his wife is Trini.

Maybe is my sorf hair.
Maybe is because I do grab them up in the back of the neck (when the time is right) ;)  ;D
Maybe is because I doh wear my Tshits 2 sizes too small and little boy jeans with big belt buckles.

wait, even the Trini men cant reist Jamaican women now? you all wish you were Jakans aint?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 12:40:04 PM »
listen good...geh it VOLUME ;D ;D
ALL Trinis kno dis choon waz bout JAKANS, eh!! ;) ;)
http://www.toronto-lime.com/music/classics/woman_doh_like_softman.htm
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 01:14:25 PM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 01:02:54 PM »
2 nil 1  in ja  3 nil in tnt

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 02:16:12 PM »
Sounds about right.  ;D ;D
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 02:17:20 PM »

Sarcasm at it's best.
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2006, 06:45:01 PM »
Sounds about right.  ;D ;D

yes i mean 2-1 infavour of trinidad

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 08:34:35 PM »

Tue Oct 31, 2006

BTW his wife is Trini.

Maybe is my sorf hair.

U mean with all the girls out here that known for brukking out and goin on bad at session and troddin the streets in the shortest of skirts(some without draws), the only thing that stand out to u is man wearin boy jeans and small tees?

U need to look into yourself bredda.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006, 05:17:21 AM »
Aye RF - Wha part of CT u live? I was up in Windsor last week. My aunt took me to a ja food place in hartford, man that could rank with the best I have had anywhere...Next to some west indian club or something like that. I was looking for u and KND to be having it out somewhere in the vicinity...  ;D

1]; } ?>