March 28, 2024, 06:14:28 AM

Author Topic: Eto'o pans Sheva's Blues choice  (Read 5596 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Eto'o pans Sheva's Blues choice
« on: November 02, 2006, 12:01:13 PM »
Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o claims that Andrei Shevchenko made a major mistake by opting to join Premiership champions Chelsea last summer.

The Ukrainian cost the West Londoners £30 million, but has struggled to justify that fee with a return of just two goals to date.

He did break his duck at Stamford Bridge with the opener in his side's 2-1 win over Portsmouth two weeks ago, but has struggled to adapt to life in The Premiership.

Eto'o, who is sidelined until the New Year with a knee ligament injury, feels that Chelsea's style of play is at the root of Shevchenko's problems, insisting The Blues' 'defensive' approach limits his opportunities.

Indeed, he feels that staying put in Milan would have been in the 30-year-old's best interests and believes his reputation has also been tarnished by his relationship with owner Roman Abramovich.

"I have many friends at Chelsea and we often speak," Eto'o told www.worldfootballers.com. "He is perceived as Roman Abramovich's pet and he doesn't get clean assists to score.

"I believe Shevchenko has made a mistake.

"At Milan everyone plays football and for a forward this is crucial because you have more scoring possibilities.

"Chelsea play more defensive football and the two strikers struggle

i guess chelski don't play football  ;D
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=426305&CPID=8&clid=8&lid=2&title=Eto'o+pans+Sheva's+Blues+choice

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eto'o pans Sheva's Blues choice
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 01:04:09 PM »
Chelsea doh have a creator.  Drogba mostly relies on sheer speed and power to score.
Shevchenko accustomed to gettin all kinda sweet set-up at AC.  He mus struggle at Chelsea.

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 01:50:24 PM »
Wha??????
               This is true to a certain extent in the case of that chelsea doesnt have a true playmaker but at the same time if you watch the matches in which Scheva didnt score it was because he was unlucky, (hit posts & goal line clearances). I have confidence is the guy i think it is just a mattter of time before he breaks out as was the case with Rooney....

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 01:53:57 PM »
Wha??????
               This is true to a certain extent in the case of that chelsea doesnt have a true playmaker but at the same time if you watch the matches in which Scheva didnt score it was because he was unlucky, (hit posts & goal line clearances). I have confidence is the guy i think it is just a mattter of time before he breaks out as was the case with Rooney.... I just think this is a case of haterism from Eto'o for the chelsea boys because of the domination of the barcelona female diving team

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 02:46:46 PM »
Plenty football to play.  Man done labeling him as a bust.  Me eh no Chelsea fan, as allyuh know, but Sheva is class and will break out of his rot eventually.  He needs time to adjust.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 03:19:12 PM »
Bein a Mourinho/Chelsea fan I have to say I agree wit Eto'o to a certain extent, but I also agree wit what allyuh sayin, too.  Chelsea's style of play is not an all-out attacking style even though their highly impressive midfield and forward line affords them the horses to run that way.  Just like Drogba has steadily improved his English game since arriving, so, too, will Sheva.  If he and Ballack start getting on the level of execution that Drogba is enjoying this season though, it will be lights out for EVERYBODY ELSE, including their Champions' League opponents.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 03:29:38 PM »
Bein a Mourinho/Chelsea fan I have to say I agree wit Eto'o to a certain extent, but I also agree wit what allyuh sayin, too.  Chelsea's style of play is not an all-out attacking style even though their highly impressive midfield and forward line affords them the horses to run that way.  Just like Drogba has steadily improved his English game since arriving, so, too, will Sheva.  If he and Ballack start getting on the level of execution that Drogba is enjoying this season though, it will be lights out for EVERYBODY ELSE, including their Champions' League opponents.
well said....chealsea doesnt have a clear, creative midfilders...but ballack can more than fill that role and i have seen a  certain fank lampard( i not his biggest fan.. still think gerrrad is the best english midfielder) make some real nice through passes.
beiing creative eh mean beating all de time ..... chelsea even though they have ah defensive style is ah patriently creative team.
they create by sheer drive, want, robust play , fortitude and the knowledge that they good at what they do.
look at aresenal creativity out nthey wah zoo..look how many chances they got in that champions league game...how much thye score.
eh? and we all knwo that they have ah "few" creative players nwo dont they.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 04:09:13 PM »
well said....chealsea doesnt have a clear, creative midfilders...but ballack can more than fill that role and i have seen a  certain fank lampard( i not his biggest fan.. still think gerrrad is the best english midfielder) make some real nice through passes.
beiing creative eh mean beating all de time ..... chelsea even though they have ah defensive style is ah patriently creative team.
they create by sheer drive, want, robust play , fortitude and the knowledge that they good at what they do.
look at aresenal creativity out nthey wah zoo..look how many chances they got in that champions league game...how much thye score.
eh? and we all knwo that they have ah "few" creative players nwo dont they.

Believe it or not, they do have such a person with the talent, creativity and vision to run a midfield, and that person is Mikel John Obi.  I know alot of critics are writing him off and I do think he needs to temper his emotions a little and I have my concerns for the effect that the physical style of play that the English style may have on him......he is a BRILLIANT  young player.  I don't care what the critics that are sure to follow will say.  If Jose would give him and SWP more playing time, they would completely mash-up the EPL.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 04:35:16 PM »
Creative midfielders: lampard, ballack, robben, joe cole, SWP

name an English side with more (and if yuh gonna say Man U, forget Carrick one time)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 04:43:57 PM »

name an English side with more (and if yuh gonna say Man U, forget Carrick one time)

Fabregas, Van Persie, Ljunberg, Gilberto Silva, Rosicky, Baptista, Diaby - all for Arsenal

even Tottenham:

Aron Lennon, Zokora, Edgar Davids, Jenas, Murphy, and Malbranque to a smaller extent
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 04:46:16 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 05:53:43 PM »

joe cole still on de roster? well lard have mercy.....  Chelsea for de world title.....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 06:41:26 PM »

Lampard doesn't set up goals, ballack neither, robben can but he greedy and wasteful, cole and swp can but they doh play.

Offline LICKS4SO

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 07:43:29 PM »
Man Eto need to cure he brokko foot an hush he mouth...why he mean mugging

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 08:16:16 PM »
Chelsea doh have a creator.  Drogba mostly relies on sheer speed and power to score.
Shevchenko accustomed to gettin all kinda sweet set-up at AC.  He mus struggle at Chelsea.

no disrepeck, but how many AC games you see to make that comment....."sweet set-up at AC" my ass....Sheva is far from a poacher....if that was true, Ukraine would not have made de world cup, cause there's no one on dat team who could give him a "sweet set-up"......anybody that see Sheva play in 5 games could see de man have speed to bun, skill fuh days and is a natural finisher....

he has been unlucky so far in premiership, but it still real early...he will break out soon.....remember why dey bring him onto dis team...it ain't for the premiership.....he's a prolific scorer in de champion's league(3rd highest ever in Champion's league and more to come)........ :beermug:

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 08:28:43 PM »

Fabregas, Van Persie, Ljunberg, Gilberto Silva, Rosicky, Baptista, Diaby - all for Arsenal

even Tottenham:

Aron Lennon, Zokora, Edgar Davids, Jenas, Murphy, and Malbranque to a smaller extent

grande boy....answer meh honestly......those 2 groups of players yuh list above....would you take either of those groups over the quintet of lampard, ballack, robben, joe cole, mikel john obi....there's no comparison in my opinion   :beermug:

P.S. take out Edgar Davids outta dat one group please  ;D..yuh clutching for straws bredda...
even Malbranque.....that french man cah even make chelsea reserve team ;D

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 09:27:05 PM »

even Tottenham:

grande boy....answer meh honestly......those 2 groups of players yuh list above....would you take either of those groups over the quintet of lampard, ballack, robben, joe cole, mikel john obi....there's no comparison in my opinion   :beermug:

P.S. take out Edgar Davids outta dat one group please  ;D..yuh clutching for straws bredda...
even Malbranque.....that french man cah even make chelsea reserve team ;D

yeah boy licks fuh Tottenham I admit I was clutching for straws  ;D

but between Arsenal and Chelsea midfield I choosing Arsenal for sure. They could be like one fluid motion in attack when they ready...joga bonito

too much of those Chelsea midfield players like to pipe bullet over creating chances, to me

Joe Cole though does play like a Brazilian sometimes, I'd like to see him in another team  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 09:31:39 PM »

sorry, lampard is not a creative player. doh get me wrong, i not saying he not good eh. He has many strengths, but creativity just isn't one of them
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 09:50:16 PM »

Lampard doesn't set up goals, ballack neither, robben can but he greedy and wasteful, cole and swp can but they doh play.

Thank you sir, I have been telling people that about Robben since last season.  Also, too often his crosses don't get past the first defender, and that annoys me along with his newfond selfish style of play.

also agree with alot of men that Lampard is a very good player and I like him very much as a player, but he is NOT a creative midfielder.  He have no skill.  He could shoot. He could defend.  That's it. 
   I find Mikel John Obi should get more playing time than Kalou. ???

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 11:59:35 PM »

sorry, lampard is not a creative player. doh get me wrong, i not saying he not good eh. He has many strengths, but creativity just isn't one of them

...which is why he was 5th in the league in scoring least season (#1 midfielder) and 3rd in assists. Because creativity just isnt his strongpoint.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 03:00:51 AM by Ryan »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 12:03:16 AM »

even Tottenham:

Grande:

Arsenal first: Van Persie - stirker, Gilberto - not creative, Diaby - deep, deep bench and definitely unproven

Tottenham: full marks for answering my question wid a valid answer, but lets also consider quality and not just quantity  ;D

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 12:44:26 AM »
fellas all some good responses....do rember drogba was the goal scoring sensation on his chelsea arival....but he got the job done as u guys said with his speend n cunning..... sheva also has been unluky..and watever the case will get into stride....do remeber sheva is acustomed to being a menace to the defenders when getting the ball and havingi it served into him....thus far he is still adjusting to lampards pass pass shoot and ballack is also now fiting in by tryin to be the provider...like rikjard said chelsea ave a more narrow team thy dnt attak down the wings like before thy control the middle....this is shown with no use of SWP or RObben ...and a clog od essien ballack lampard and makelele in the middle.......when joe cole is back i assure u sheva will flourish

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 03:12:10 AM »
ay allyuh... check out eto'o reaction at the end of this clip...   :rotfl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwtyj41aI2U&mode=related&search=

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 06:05:35 AM »
ay allyuh... check out eto'o reaction at the end of this clip...   :rotfl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwtyj41aI2U&mode=related&search=

:rotfl:  Eto'o VEX!!! He sayin to heself: "Shit!! there goes my CAF Player of the year title!!"   :rotfl: 

Allyuh eh see how dat chess-trap jes LEAVE OUT Motta, one o' my favoourite Mexican players? Yuh eh see how he jes' PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLACE dat ball ever so deftly wit he left foot, past Victor Valdes, one o' my favourite 'keepers?  I real glad to see Drogba playing so well.  The media hadda hush dey ass and leave de man alone now.

Drogba for African Player of the Year this year.  Wha allyuh tink?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 06:36:25 AM »
i think you mean Marquez...

well drogba is in the form of his life, but lewwe doh believe de hype just yet... I think Eto'o is the best african player by a mile and a half...

prior to this season i had drogba just a lil over crouch on meh ratings, but now he doing some things this season that makin me feel he smoking a highest grade.. i seeing dat chest-trapping goalkicks like normal, making some precision cross-field pass, showing composure in front of goal... and not overbeating...

something ent right, i know the inner sh1thound hiding somewhere inside him, beware lewwe hope it doh come back out

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 04:10:25 PM »
i think you mean Marquez...

well drogba is in the form of his life, but lewwe doh believe de hype just yet... I think Eto'o is the best african player by a mile and a half...

prior to this season i had drogba just a lil over crouch on meh ratings, but now he doing some things this season that makin me feel he smoking a highest grade.. i seeing dat chest-trapping goalkicks like normal, making some precision cross-field pass, showing composure in front of goal... and not overbeating...

something ent right, i know the inner sh1thound hiding somewhere inside him, beware lewwe hope it doh come back out

:rotfl: Yeah, yeah, yeah, is Marquez ah mean, but I not sayin dat Drogba is a better player dan Eto'o, is just dat i doh tink Eto'o had de platform to be highlighted as much this season as Drogba has and deez last two-three months he really makin' a push for it.  Eto'o is by far the best Africa has to offer, but Drogba might borrow the crown this year.  But, oh gawsh man, yuh go compare him to Crouch?!?!?!?  Yuh wicked.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 09:46:04 PM »

"I have many friends at Chelsea and we often speak," Eto'o told www.worldfootballers.com. "He is perceived as Roman Abramovich's pet and he doesn't get clean assists to score.

Eto'o is a kinda a$$ for making dem statements..his mouth too big. Dat is just not his business. But dat statement dere is de worse cuz he jes went and set up Geremi (Eto'o might well know a few people at Chelsea, but ah bet the biggest suspect go be his countryman). How much you want to bet that inside Chelsea Geremi done get call out as de mole

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 11:32:40 PM »

Eto'o is a kinda a$$ for making dem statements..his mouth too big. Dat is just not his business. But dat statement dere is de worse cuz he jes went and set up Geremi (Eto'o might well know a few people at Chelsea, but ah bet the biggest suspect go be his countryman). How much you want to bet that inside Chelsea Geremi done get call out as de mole

yup........Eto'o gets some minus points for diplomacy there......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2006, 07:06:57 AM »

even Tottenham:

Grande:

Arsenal first: Van Persie - stirker, Gilberto - not creative, Diaby - deep, deep bench and definitely unproven

Tottenham: full marks for answering my question wid a valid answer, but lets also consider quality and not just quantity  ;D
Agree with the Gilberto & Diaby apart (If you watched French league you would know hes a good player) Van Persie plays on the wing sometimes.

Jenas, Murphy and Malbranque are creative

I like SWP but theres no point in you even mentioning him if your sticking to the topic in relation to shevchenvo  :-\ He hardly plays
oh fack Fatpard don't like him, like alot of people  ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 07:09:53 AM by Carib-briton »

1]; } ?>