April 28, 2024, 11:56:40 AM

Author Topic: Defensive Help & Scorer  (Read 2760 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Defensive Help & Scorer
« on: March 14, 2005, 06:03:12 PM »
With the recent rash of injuries, why is Dennis Lawrence not summoned? Is he out of sorts with the present coach? What about Ian Cox?

What about Jason Scotland?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 06:12:13 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Defensive Help & Scorer
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 06:18:59 PM »
With the recent rash of injuries, why is Dennis Lawrence not summoned? Is he out of sorts with the present coach? What about Ian Cox?

Ah tink Lawrence getting leave out because he had some sub-par performances in his last couple of games. I eh have no idea why Cox eh get call back. He played in de last 3 WCQ in de semi-final rounds and dat was it.

De only reason ah could tink of why Scotland is not in de mix is because he has been struggling tuh be in Dundee's starting 11. De last he played fuh we was as ah sub against Mexico last September.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 07:20:35 PM »
After barely scraping through the WCQ semi-finals and then during the Digicel tournament run BSC stated that he was going to give the local fellas more chances.  Foriegn based would only come in if they could provide a significant upgrade over the locals.
Regarding Cox and Lawrence, I guess the coaches feel that Anton Pierre, Keyeno, Avery, Rojas, Atiba, King etc. are just as good and would be more available for warm-ups, training etc.
Regarding Scotland, besides not playing much for his club the striker position seems to be our deepest and I've heard negative comments posted here about his attitude.  Stern, Glen, Jones, Sealy, N.Pierre, Yorke, Conrad Smith, Sam, Mc Farlane and Glasgow would probably all get a pick before he.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 08:10:20 PM »
Funny how things this turn out? ent the same man scored the decisive goal aganist Bahrain? so having said that, how we shaping up the squad for the Digicel Cup?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 01:19:45 AM »

Ah tink Lawrence getting leave out because he had some sub-par performances in his last couple of games. I eh have no idea why Cox eh get call back. He played in de last 3 WCQ in de semi-final rounds and dat was it.

De only reason ah could tink of why Scotland is not in de mix is because he has been struggling tuh be in Dundee's starting 11. De last he played fuh we was as ah sub against Mexico last September.

If that's the case, I think he's fighting a losing battle Tallman, since he plays for St Johnstone, not Dundee....ticket?  ;)

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 02:29:17 AM »

If that's the case, I think he's fighting a losing battle Tallman, since he plays for St Johnstone, not Dundee....ticket?  ;)

It would help if you read that this post was resurrected from << March 14, 2005, 07:18:59 PM >>.
Alberta making his rounds...you get ketch...yuh owe Tallman an apology  :rotfl: ::) ;D

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 07:03:36 AM »

It would help if you read that this post was resurrected from << March 14, 2005, 07:18:59 PM >>.
Alberta making his rounds...you get ketch...yuh owe Tallman an apology  :rotfl: ::) ;D

:rotfl:

Yep, my bad.  :D

To be honest, I was in shock that Tallman could have made such a glaring "error". Thanks for straightening that up.

My apologies Tallman and noname ;D

1]; } ?>