April 19, 2024, 04:10:15 AM

Author Topic: Cheer up  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cheer up
« on: November 05, 2006, 11:10:55 AM »
Okay it was a dissapointing final, but the defeat will make us even more hungry for the World Cup.

We have a nice settled 12 players who should make up most of the final 11. (R.Hinds and Ramdin should be pushing for a place)

The bowlers (Bradshaw, Taylor, Collymore, Dwayne Smith, Samuels, Gayle, Bravo) have all shown good consistent control of line and length.

Our batting line up is starting to take shape. We are dominant on flat pitches. The only problem is we cant seem to bat on slow pitches, but we have a few months to get that right. If the groundstaff and adminstrators have any brains though, the pitches in the World Cup will be flat.

The fielding has been excellent on the whole by everyone.

Overall, if we learn from the few mistakes that we have made this time round, we should be good to go for the World Cup.  :beermug:

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cheer up
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 11:17:25 AM »
 :applause: :applause:
agreed....we hadda adapt to the slower pitches...the team seems fairly settled and there are many positives we can take out of this tourney
Back in Trini...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 12:29:16 PM »
True, there are many positives.....but i cant help but be dissapointed. I eh sleep since 4pm saturday......and i stay up to watch dat dismal batting performance. I doh mind the loss.....but it was the manner. Ah well. I think we are better at chasing totals....to me out bowling attack isnt penetrative enough to expect to bowl out teams on a consistent basis. Collymore i not too sure how suited he is for one days...he is a good test bowler though.....his one day productivity can be debated. His fielding as well...needs work. All in all....we need to develop the tail enders batting abilities.....and be more penetrative with bowling. We still have a good chance as any to win the world cup though. I'd rather loose the champions trophy and win the world cup. Hopefully with hard work and application....we will. :beermug:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 12:31:08 PM »
Okay it was a dissapointing final, but the defeat will make us even more hungry for the World Cup.

We have a nice settled 12 players who should make up most of the final 11. (R.Hinds and Ramdin should be pushing for a place)

The bowlers (Bradshaw, Taylor, Collymore, Dwayne Smith, Samuels, Gayle, Bravo) have all shown good consistent control of line and length.

Our batting line up is starting to take shape. We are dominant on flat pitches. The only problem is we cant seem to bat on slow pitches, but we have a few months to get that right. If the groundstaff and adminstrators have any brains though, the pitches in the World Cup will be flat.

Overall, if we learn from the few mistakes that we have made this time round, we should be good to go for the World Cup. :beermug:

one mistake in your thinking bredda, samuels is not a bowler and is a part-timer, he will not make the world cup, mohammed will take his place, if not mohammed it should be kelly, bc samuels has been a liability...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 12:40:38 PM »
I would greatly like to see who make more than one contribution to the team that is valuable. Batsmen that can bowl....bowlers that can bat. Bravo is selected as a bowler that can bat hence justifying his place. If ramhdin had applied himself more....he would have been on the team. He still has a chance though.....and i hope he makes the most of it as he is a better batsman than baugh. Everyone has to contribute effectively and not just in one department. We need runs at all levels in the innings....and the more competent bowling options we have the better. Once these problems are sorted out, fairly and without the typical regional insularity stepping in.....we WILL win the world cup....
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 12:58:44 PM »

Overall, if we learn from the few mistakes that we have made this time round, we should be good to go for the World Cup. :beermug:

one mistake in your thinking bredda, samuels is not a bowler and is a part-timer, he will not make the world cup, mohammed will take his place, if not mohammed it should be kelly, bc samuels has been a liability...

Samuels is an all-rounder yes. So is Gayle, Bravo, Dwayne Smith, but i just listed them as bowlers to simplify the fact that they have all done a great job bowling.

Samuels will be in the squad my friend, because he has proved on the world stage that he can bowl a good 10 overs every game. If we are going to play Bradshaw, Taylor and Collymore together we cannot afford to have another bowler like Mohammed who is not a recognised batsman. The only viable replacement for Samuels is R.Hinds who i have already mentioned. Kelly should be in the squad, not for Samuels, but for Edwards.

Why all the hate for Samuels? Havent you seen his bowling figures every game in 2006?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 01:00:46 PM by Remie »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 01:08:35 PM »
Kelly should be in the squad for edwards, and in the starting squad for Collymore.. that will give us good bowling options and batting down to 10

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 07:19:52 AM »

Samuels is an all-rounder yes. So is Gayle, Bravo, Dwayne Smith, but i just listed them as bowlers to simplify the fact that they have all done a great job bowling.

Samuels will be in the squad my friend, because he has proved on the world stage that he can bowl a good 10 overs every game. If we are going to play Bradshaw, Taylor and Collymore together we cannot afford to have another bowler like Mohammed who is not a recognised batsman. The only viable replacement for Samuels is R.Hinds who i have already mentioned. Kelly should be in the squad, not for Samuels, but for Edwards.

Why all the hate for Samuels? Havent you seen his bowling figures every game in 2006?

Samuels is a class batsman.
The boy picked up a serious knee injury that almost ended his career.
The selectors stupid and TI bright.

India v West Indies

Almanack home
2004 home 

At Vijayawada, November 24, 2002. West Indies won by 135 runs. Toss: India.

Two young West Indians stepped forward to revive the spirit of an earlier, greater generation. Their career-best performances enabled their side to buck the series trend, thrashing India despite batting first. Just as he did in the final Test, Samuels scored a maiden hundred, an astonishing 108 off 75 balls. He lashed five sixes and 11 fours, destroying the bowlers with a flair and a swagger recalling Viv Richards - though the red handkerchief he waved in celebration was a gift from Steve Waugh. West Indies scored 120 in their last ten overs. Then Lawson, summoned back from the Caribbean as injury cover, tore through India, seizing four wickets in seven new-ball overs - a blast of déjà vu from the days of Marshall and Holding. West Indies secured the series with 13 overs in hand, a remarkable end to a tour that had begun in such despair.

Man of the Match: M. N. Samuels. Man of the Series: C. H. Gayle.

I remember that innings and it was of the best I've witnessed , more devastating than Gayles recent pyrotechnics.
Even Steve Waugh knows his potential.
Hopefully the knee injury is behind him , he can regain confidence and get back his form.
Oh and he is also quite an intelligent bowler
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 07:22:49 AM by wimpdegenius »
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 05:20:35 PM »
Long time a loss eh hurt me so bad. In the WC squad no Collypoor, Infidel, blinds, and Samwho is not the man. Enough I say enough it must have players better than them in the region dey just not looking
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 05:22:35 PM »
How could I forget bore. Them set are yardies and bajans got to go.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 02:55:13 PM »

Not only his bowling...

Find out the amount of catches and run outs he's had in 2006 as well... TI you are underminding Samuels... he has pulled his weight... Not in the way we expected... he hasnt batted well however his bowling and even more so his fielding has been superb and were frequently a big part of the reason that we won.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>