April 26, 2024, 09:32:51 AM

Author Topic: Maradona Thread  (Read 43557 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maradona: I would coach Argentina
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2008, 12:19:38 PM »
Is it Maradona's time?

Maradona is seen as a part of an alternative Argentine holy trinity, along with Che Guevara and folk saint Gauchito Gil.

There is a side to Argentina that is all logical debate, putting the world to rights over a cup of coffee.

But there is another side of wild emotionalism. Football brings both sides to the surface - the profound tactical debates and the desperate commitment of the fans.

Maradona runs on emotion. As a player he was able to turn it into physical energy. As a fan he is similar, taking off his shirt and swinging it round his head as he leads the chanting.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2008, 02:29:15 PM »
Diego touch on ah serious point dere ... the fact that the majority of nationals are playing in Europe and not necessarily playing the south american brand. Maybe its because they leave so young !! Its about a mentality of winning rather than not losing if one looks for the sutle difference.
It is about doing the unthinkable ( in Europe ) that makes South american ball so exciting. The Euro cannot compare in entertainment with the copa libertadores Cup. So i am glad diego realises that the style must be put back to Argentinian ball ...look at the team list ...no way they should lose or draw with teams like chile and peru !! with or without Riquelme !
I see my all time famous defender Jos Luis Brown is in the team ...wayyyy..I remember dat man refusing to come off after he dislocated ( a shoulder) I think ?? ..he made a hole in his shirt and played on !!!!
Diego still looking good in the showboating tournament ...maybe now dem fellas have a coach who bigger dan dem and dey go pull up dey socks.

yeah brown was my favourite argentine defender, then ruggieri.

My favourite Argentinian defender is Daniel "Passa-Passa" Passarella!.....Argentina could do with his iron fist right now.  Brazil done qualify!  :devil:

passarella was before my time, i have seen highlights of him and he was good from what i saw.  I doh get carried away with highlights because highlights always have the best stuff not when you do real $hit..men like to compare old players using highlights to current players and dat don't make sense.
\
I here yuh about why yuh doh geh carried away with highlights, so does that mean yuh only rate up players yuh see play for the full 90 on a regular basis?

yeah, i cant talk about george best and beckenbauer because i never watch dem men play football on ah weekly basis. I can only offer an opinion from maradonna come down, otherwise i will be talking out of my ass.
And doh tell mih go watch  ah 90 minute video about Pele, Charlto, etc. because I could trun round and make ah 90 minute video about hardest and say he is ah boss.... ;D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2008, 03:05:07 PM »
passarella was before my time, i have seen highlights of him and he was good from what i saw.  I doh get carried away with highlights because highlights always have the best stuff not when you do real $hit..men like to compare old players using highlights to current players and dat don't make sense.

IMO....Daniel Passarella is easily Argentina's best ever defender.  Yuh right about highlights doh.  Highlights could never do a man like he justice.  Boss Boss Boss player dat.  Joe Luis Brown is JOKE compared to El Gran Capitan.  One of the best ever defenders in the history of the game.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2008, 07:58:27 PM »

IMO....Daniel Passarella is easily Argentina's best ever defender.  Yuh right about highlights doh.  Highlights could never do a man like he justice.  Boss Boss Boss player dat.  Joe Luis Brown is JOKE compared to El Gran Capitan.  One of the best ever defenders in the history of the game.

the best defender i saw in my time was bergomi, how would you rate passarella against him?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2008, 08:13:39 PM »
Diego touch on ah serious point dere ... the fact that the majority of nationals are playing in Europe and not necessarily playing the south american brand. Maybe its because they leave so young !! Its about a mentality of winning rather than not losing if one looks for the sutle difference.
It is about doing the unthinkable ( in Europe ) that makes South american ball so exciting. The Euro cannot compare in entertainment with the copa libertadores Cup. So i am glad diego realises that the style must be put back to Argentinian ball ...look at the team list ...no way they should lose or draw with teams like chile and peru !! with or without Riquelme !
I see my all time famous defender Jos Luis Brown is in the team ...wayyyy..I remember dat man refusing to come off after he dislocated ( a shoulder) I think ?? ..he made a hole in his shirt and played on !!!!
Diego still looking good in the showboating tournament ...maybe now dem fellas have a coach who bigger dan dem and dey go pull up dey socks.

yeah brown was my favourite argentine defender, then ruggieri.

My favourite Argentinian defender is Daniel "Passa-Passa" Passarella!.....Argentina could do with his iron fist right now.  Brazil done qualify!  :devil:

I hear yuh Bredda, you are very well entitled to your own system of evaluation, and I could respect that.  Don't feel I was preachin' to yuh, I was jess droppin a name into the talk.  I really do wish you could have seen the games of that '78 Wold Cup though.  Argentina was by far one of the most impressive and dominant teams (just arkse any Peruvian  :devil:) ever to play in a WC and they don't really get recognized for it.  I know the Final between them and Holland is available on dvd.  I have it on vhs somewhere in meh collection.  But trust when I tell you he was good.....it wasn't based on no highlights.  :beermug: 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2008, 08:54:55 PM »

the best defender i saw in my time was bergomi, how would you rate passarella against him?

Breds.....no disrespeck...but ah say Passarella was one of de best ever defenders in de history of de game.  Bergomi not even one of de best defenders in de history of Italy.  And Italy is defence faddah.  Dat is how great...not good Passarella was.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2008, 09:01:42 PM »
The man is going to be 48 yrs old, when should he coach Argentina, when he reach 58. It long overdue. IF they lose he will just get fired. Just like Hugo. Is that shameful? Not to me! The so called know it all pundits may think so.

Look some people say the best players don't make good coaches. That may be true to a point. We don't know if Pele or Eusebio would have made good coaches. I don't think they were encouraged or they probably never tried hard enough to be coaches. lesser known players tend to be better coaches. That is also true to a point. Alex Ferguson was no great player. Steve McLaren was no great player either. But look at their resumes.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2008, 09:22:16 PM »

Breds.....no disrespeck...but ah say Passarella was one of de best ever defenders in de history of de game.  Bergomi not even one of de best defenders in de history of Italy.  And Italy is defence faddah.  Dat is how great...not good Passarella was.

.....I think that Argentinian side of the late 70's was a side full of total footballers without even knowing they were playing "total football"  ;D
Pace fuh days and ball movement to make yuh head spin!  "Passa-Passa" was the main reason I was into that team....and I am not even a man that "like" defenders.  The man was  a boss.  A machine.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2008, 06:18:48 AM »
The man is going to be 48 yrs old, when should he coach Argentina, when he reach 58. It long overdue. IF they lose he will just get fired. Just like Hugo. Is that shameful? Not to me! The so called know it all pundits may think so.

Look some people say the best players don't make good coaches. That may be true to a point. We don't know if Pele or Eusebio would have made good coaches. I don't think they were encouraged or they probably never tried hard enough to be coaches. lesser known players tend to be better coaches. That is also true to a point. Alex Ferguson was no great player. Steve McLaren was no great player either. But look at their resumes.

Pele says he's received numerous offers to coach ... even to this day ... who can doubt him? It wouldn't take a stretch of the imagination to believe a Qatari or Saudi try to link him. And national teams too ... he declined to be specific, but he did say not Brazil :)

It doesn't appear he was interested in going the coaching route.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2008, 07:36:49 AM »
Pasarella was by far one of the greatest defenders of the late 70's and 80's. A  footballers, footballer. Technically sound with a thunderous shot, good in the tackle and unstoppable in the air for his height. Talk about score goals from Free kicks and headers. I think he scored quite a few goals for Argentina in his career as a defender.
Very much like Beckenbauer, not as smooth but ruthless in the tackle. Funny you mention Bergomi, he learned his trade next to Pasarella at Inter. He was a student.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2008, 07:46:06 AM »
Pasarella was by far one of the greatest defenders of the late 70's and 80's. A  footballers, footballer. Technically sound with a thunderous shot, good in the tackle and unstoppable in the air for his height. Talk about score goals from Free kicks and headers. I think he scored quite a few goals for Argentina in his career as a defender.
Very much like Beckenbauer, not as smooth but ruthless in the tackle. Funny you mention Bergomi, he learned his trade next to Pasarella at Inter. He was a student.

You say dat like de student doh often surpass de master  ;)

Doh know much about Passarella except whatn little I've seen in highlights and read. but his reputation is of the best of his generation
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 07:50:03 AM by Filho »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2008, 08:08:19 AM »

I am probably biased with bergomi when comparing him to baresi and other great defenders because the first time i saw him play was in the 82 world cup final where he had rummenigge under serious manners...even when cesare maldini was under pressure leading up to the 1998 world cup he recalled bergomi although he was out of the intl scene for about 5 years.  I can't argue that he was better than passarella but i would still rank him as one of the top 5 defenders in the last 25 years.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2008, 10:11:42 AM »
What Does Maradona Mean for Argentina?
By Daniel Altman (NY Times).

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/31/what-does-maradona-mean-for-argentina/

Lobby for something long enough, and you just might get it. For years, Diego Maradona said what an honor it would be to coach Argentina’s national team, going so far as to present the position as the logical capstone to his career in soccer. Few Argentines thought the opportunity would arrive so soon.

Though a genius on the pitch – he still shows off his skills in a made-for-television five-a-side league that pits famous veterans of South American national squads against each other – Maradona has little experience as a coach. In his only stint with a major team, he led Racing Club to a record of two wins, three losses and six draws before abandoning the post.
Yet even more worrying to some Argentines is Maradona’s roller-coaster lifestyle, punctuated by frequent medical problems and political pronouncements. If he is indeed confirmed as coach of the national team, in Argentina the decision will seem both controversial and inevitable. Here is what some participants in my weekly pick-up game in Buenos Aires had to say about his potential selection:

“I love Diego, and without having experienced Diego I wouldn’t love the national team as much. But, come on man…”
“Why lie? I knew he wasn’t prepared, that out of 23 matches as a coach he won three, that anyone else would have been better, except Simeone… I don’t care about the result, I believe that the greatest creator of magic should have an opportunity.”

“If you want to give him an opportunity, start him with the under-17s and then move him up.”
“He did a noble and honest job when he was a player. His work as coach will come from the gut, not from the head, and maybe that will be good for the team.”
“Well now, what is the transitive property that means a good player has to be a good coach?”
“Yes, we Argentines have a great confusion with past ‘glory’ (Perón! Perón!).”
“Actually I’d rather see Maradona as president than as coach.”
“Enough beatifying Maradona. My mother is the person I love the most in the world, but that’s no reason to make her coach of the national team or president of the republic.”

“If it goes badly for Maradona, we will have entered – as a society – a dilemma which, if not insoluble, will at least be an intolerable stigma for a long time. How can you hate the one you love?”

“I have officially lost all hope that someday Argentina will be a better country than Uganda. If people who drank milk every day before they were one year old think this way, we’re really in for it.”

“I just bought the Trinidad and Tobago jersey! Come on, Trinidad, we’re going to the World Cup!”

The discussion then broke down into an argument about whether soccer was the most forceful embodiment of all society’s awfulness, or whether it was a game in which 22 people kicked a ball around.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2008, 10:35:04 AM »
I can't argue that he was better than passarella but i would still rank him as one of the top 5 defenders in the last 25 years.

Gaetano Scirea (the best of them all in my opinion, my favourite defender of all time RIP)
Franco Baresi
Paolo Maldini
Fabio Cannavaro
Allessandro Nesta

in my opinion were all better than Bergomi in de last 25 years.  And daz just Italian.

Den yuh had man like Rudi Krol, Beckenbauer of course, Passarella, Zmuda from Poland, Morten Olsen from Denmark, Tresor from France....all boss players.

Doh get meh wrong.  Guisseppi Bergomi was a top class defender.  Amongst the best of his time.  But not in the class of some a dem men dey.  More in line with Tresor, Zmuda, and Morten Olsen.

Respeck

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2008, 01:54:36 PM »
I can't argue that he was better than passarella but i would still rank him as one of the top 5 defenders in the last 25 years.

Gaetano Scirea (the best of them all in my opinion, my favourite defender of all time RIP)
Franco Baresi
Paolo Maldini
Fabio Cannavaro
Allessandro Nesta

in my opinion were all better than Bergomi in de last 25 years.  And daz just Italian.

Den yuh had man like Rudi Krol, Beckenbauer of course, Passarella, Zmuda from Poland, Morten Olsen from Denmark, Tresor from France....all boss players.

Doh get meh wrong.  Guisseppi Bergomi was a top class defender.  Amongst the best of his time.  But not in the class of some a dem men dey.  More in line with Tresor, Zmuda, and Morten Olsen.

Respeck

Yuh call two sacred names dey and is jes goosebumps ... yuh coulda make it 6 and throw in Gentile.

Anyhow, testament to Passarella ... there was never any significant question about him ascending to manage Argentina. It was a question of when rather than not at all. A figure similarly situated to him today would be Simeone. When not if.

Dunga and Passarella make a compelling comparison, both as players and coaches. Similar grit. Similar captaincies. Similar destinations. And ah feel similar results.

It's funny how two players with personalities that don't mesh (Passarella and Diego) both assume the privilege of coaching the national team on the strength of distinctly opposing credentials and both on the heels of Basile.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 02:05:18 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2008, 03:45:51 PM »
Ferguson on Maradona:

Ferguson wanted to speak with Tevez on Friday - but only about Maradona.

The Argentina FA have sprang a major surprise by naming the legendary forward as their new coach.

There has been some speculation that Maradona will be at Old Trafford to see Tevez in action, although neither the player, nor the United department that organises tickets for such dignitaries, have been informed of his impending arrival.

"There has been no application for a ticket from the Argentina FA so far," revealed Ferguson.

"But listening to Carlos, all the players are delighted so it could work.

"He will be an inspirational figure to the team. He has also brought in Carlos Bilardo, who was the coach of the team he won the World Cup with in 1986.

"There is a combination there. The calming influence and experience of Bilardo will be good for Maradona."

But the mere mention of Maradona's name was enough to spark a row at United's Carrington training complex as a dressing room divided over whether the Argentina superstar could be rated above Pele as the best player of all time.

"As soon as we spoke about Maradona, a great debate started in the dressing room about who was the best player in the world.

"It was a good discussion and got a few people fired up."

And who won?

"They are still fighting."

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8741520/Striking-dilemma-no-problem---Fergie

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2008, 06:31:57 AM »
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Talked to some Argentines about this and they are also upset.  Maradona?

I would be surprised if he is still coach 3 months from now

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2008, 10:28:35 AM »
Maradonna may do better than we think. "cocaine is one hell of a drug"
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2008, 10:45:25 AM »
Maradonna may do better than we think. "cocaine is one hell of a drug"

You wouldnt be speaking from personal experience now would you?? ;D

Just joking man.. :beermug:

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maradona unfairly labelled a cheat
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2008, 02:58:17 PM »
BBC
Tim Vickery
3 Nov 08, 03:43 PM

Dante - or it may have been Silvio Dante from the Sopranos - is supposed to have said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

With that in mind, I felt the need to comment on the feedback from last week's blog, which was about Diego Maradona taking over as coach of Argentina.

Many posts from English readers attacked Maradona as a cheat, which I think is an injustice. I don't recall a player being cheated against as much as Maradona.

When his career began in the mid-70s it is calculated that players were running an average of around 5,000 metres per game. Twenty years later this figure had doubled. This is effectively the span of Diego's playing days. He was active at a time of intense physical development - but played almost his entire career before the mid-90s clampdown on the sliding tackle.

Maradona played the game without the protection from referees that today's stars take for granted. Some of the tackles that were aimed against him would nowadays be worth not only a red card, but a jail sentence as well. Virtually every time he took the field he was on the end of intimidation and violence, as opponents sought to reduce his effectiveness by any means possible.

That 1986 World Cup quarter-final against England is no exception. The film of the tournament shows Terry Fenwick's elbow being pushed into Maradona's face.

It is hardly surprising that those who are on the end of constant cheating develop a cynical side. Older Brazilian referees recall that Pele was a master of conning them into giving free kicks, linking arms with a defender and bringing both of them down while making it appear that he had suffered the foul.

Certainly I think that if I spent years being kicked, jostled and elbowed I might feel within my rights to punch one into the back of the net in the heat of the moment.

It is true that different cultures approach these things in different ways. Bobby Charlton tells the story of how at a Fifa meeting of former players he called for a crackdown on diving.

Someone he calls "an old South American international" apparently replied; "Don't you think, as a professional, that if we can get away with creating an advantage for our side, we really should be applauded?"

I believe there is more tolerance of this type of behaviour in South America, where showing the cunning necessary to get away with something is widely praised. In Brazil it is often said that beating a big rival with an illegal goal adds extra pleasure to the victory.
But before we English try to claim the moral high ground we should forget any notions of perfection.

In his autobiography Martin Peters writes about the game at home to Poland in 1973, which England had to win to qualify for the following year's World Cup. Peters was a magnificent player, and though I've never met him personally, has always come across as an upstanding man.

But 35 years ago, with England a goal down and time running out, he confesses that: "It was looking desperate, and in such circumstances desperate measures are sometimes required." He was tackled inside the area by Poland's left back, "He barely touched me but I went flying. I dived. It wasn't a penalty, but the referee didn't see it that way."

The resulting goal was not enough to qualify England for the World Cup. But Peters' frank admission should be enough to destroy any illusions about England having some natural monopoly on the concept of fair play.

It is unjust, then, to throw the label of cheat at Maradona - just as it is unwise to view him as a god. He is a human being, with remarkable talent, but also with flaws. Indeed, just as with Pele, it is probably the case that his flaws were part of his drive towards greatness.

On the field Maradona gave so much pleasure to so many that he deserves to enjoy a contented and fruitful second half of his life. That's why, although he wouldn't have been my candidate, he should be congratulated on becoming Argentina's new coach - for two reasons.

Firstly because he has recovered sufficiently from his problems to be able to take on the position.

Secondly because he is prepared to put himself on the line. There are many who think that a great idol should never put his prestige at risk. I disagree. That's for museum pieces. Maybe some of the best places in heaven are reserved for those brave enough to keep seeking a new challenge.
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
Re: Maradona unfairly labelled a cheat
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2008, 03:13:20 PM »
Vickery is always a good read...

That said though, Diego has been through it all...

we will see if he is, over time, comparable to Der Kaiser...
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2008, 05:38:58 PM »
 Diego did some dives in his time. But he use to get some good wood in he tail in Spain and Italy. What about that WC game against Cameroon. Them foul was blatant. But Cameroon was good otherwise.

giggsy11

« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2008, 05:45:45 PM »
The question is does he have the patience to coach the players who are not as gifted mentally and physically as himself?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2008, 06:15:16 PM »
The question is does he have the patience to coach the players who are not as gifted mentally and physically as himself?

so can he coach any team then ?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2008, 06:17:39 PM »
Dunga: I Was Very Inferior To MaradonaCarlos Dunga, the coach of Brazil, believes Diego Maradona won't have any problems adjusting to his new role, despite his lack of experience as a coach...
The coach of the Brazilian national team, Carlos Caetano Bledorn Verri 'Dunga', affirmed on Monday that lack of experience in a coaching role won't be a factor when Diego Maradona begins his latest challenge with the Argentine national team, because "he played for the national team for twenty years."

"There's nothing new. He played for the Argentine national team for twenty years. His experience as a player favours him. If he manages to transmit all of his experience, and some things of his football, he will surely bring good results," Dunga stated during a press conference in Rio de Janeiro, after announcing his latest Brazil squad.

As occured with Dunga when he was appointed the coach of the Selecao in 2006, Maradona's arrival has been heavily criticized, because he lacks sufficient experience to occupy such a high-profile position.

Dunga played down declarations made by Maradona, affirming that the current coach of Brazil "kicked" players when he was a player and him, on the contrary, "avoided them."

The 1994 World Cup winner said he is "very happy" to have played against an "extraordinary" footballer like Maradona was. He admitted that "El Diez" was in a "league of his own", but he was happy to have achieved "the same" as him at an international level.

"God gives each one of us a talent. I was very inferior to him, I was aware of my limitations, I had to look after my body a lot, my career and my posture, earn the confidence of my teammates and my fans," concluded Dunga.

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2008, 06:18:42 PM »
THIS IS WHAT MARADONA FREQUENTLY HAD TO PUT UP WITH

I doh think any other player in the history of the game had to endure that level of consistent fouling.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2008, 09:34:26 PM »
THIS IS WHAT MARADONA FREQUENTLY HAD TO PUT UP WITH

I doh think any other player in the history of the game had to endure that level of consistent fouling.

A little bit extreme no? That was a brutal tackle (look up the Butcher of Balboa) that put Diego out of the game for a long time. If he frequently had to put up with that, you woulda never heard of him. The second set of wildness in your video is actually Maradona involved in a brawl. I not sure what caused it, but its not a convincing piece of evidence of him being mistreated on the field of play.

No sense measuring who get the worse tackles. Jai brought up a good point how the older fellas didn't get as much protection. I guessing men like De Stefano, Puskas etc..used to get real mash up too. But to many it took a turn for the worst at the 1966 WC when Pele basically got attacked every time he touched the ball. Either the yellow card, or red card, or both were invented after WC 66 after FIFA realize the new tactics to stop Pele.

As for Diego...he was up there too. When they doh know how to stop yuh  :-\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTVrWBoqAko

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2008, 07:42:35 AM »
maradona really had ah sweet touch so too pele.i eh know who better,but de two ah them definitly in ah class above de rest.de 2 greatest ever.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2008, 09:56:00 AM »
maradona really had ah sweet touch so too pele.i eh know who better,but de two ah them definitly in ah class above de rest.de 2 greatest ever.

arguing who better is real kix..but useless. my favorite part of the video is the beginning when they jess breeding opponents for spite

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2008, 12:33:05 PM »
Maradona Already Set To Quit?New Argentina coach Diego Maradona is set to be officially unveiled later this evening but his reign as leader of the national team has already got off to a less than perfect start as fireworks have started to fly between him and president of the AFA Julio Grandona...
The former Napoli man has already caused some friction over the choice of his right hand men, and Grandona has objected.

Maradona wants his assistants to be Oscar Ruggeri and Alejandro Mancuso, both former Argentina internationals.

However, the president of the Argentinean FA wants El Pibe d'Or to be assisted by Sergio Batista and Josè Luis Brown with Oscar Ruggeri as team secretary.
The 1986 World Cup winner is not too keen on those choices and it's here where problems may occur.

"I am trying to show Ruggeri a strong right arm and I hope he understands," Maradona told Radio De La Red.

"I will insist with Grandona and we will see what happens. There is still a long way to go and if things go well then we will all save ourselves, if not then we will all go under."

El Pibe d'Or is likely to resist demands from the AFA as he shows his stance towards the national team. Reports have even suggested Maradona may quit before he even starts.

de drama begins.

1]; } ?>