March 28, 2024, 08:04:38 AM

Author Topic: Maradona Thread  (Read 42660 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maradona states terms for staying on as Argentina coach
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2010, 04:27:23 PM »
Adios el loco
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2010, 04:35:25 PM »
as a brazil fan, i vex, no way dem could beat brazil with diego coaching.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2010, 04:36:13 PM »
as a brazil fan, i vex, no way dem could beat brazil with diego coaching.

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2010, 05:36:24 PM »
good riddance
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2010, 06:01:52 PM »
Viva Riqui !! looks like I could yet get a chance to see Juan Roman Riquelme in Argentina's colours ...
I thought it was over for him but the naming of Sergio Baptista who  ...played against our  defense force in the national stadium, gives me some hope.

Baptista won the last olympics with Argentina , naming Riqui as captain so he might still see a place for the " slow magician " ...I eh read dat nowhere eh so I copywriting dat !

well " the slow magician " had stated that he did not see the game as Don Diego did and so withdrew from the team , as leading goalscorer in the qualifiers .

He recently had surgery and is expected to miss three games for Boca in the apertura ...if he stays ...

Argentina will meet Spain as part of their bicentenial celebrations ...what a mouth watering prospect to see who controls the middle ...with Xavi, iniesta, Xabi alonso and Fabregas vs Riquelme, Mascherano, Cambiasso and Pastore ( yes I think he is Argentina next midfield general )

Playing at home is a different prospect ...

I await the AFA and Baptista

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2010, 06:42:14 PM »
i liked sergio batista as a player and he has had good success in coaching so far, he should be a good chocie but grondona is ah mad man, he might appoint caniggia next.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 27, 2010, 09:26:56 PM »
Viva Riqui !! looks like I could yet get a chance to see Juan Roman Riquelme in Argentina's colours ...
I thought it was over for him but the naming of Sergio Baptista who  ...played against our  defense force in the national stadium, gives me some hope.

Baptista won the last olympics with Argentina , naming Riqui as captain so he might still see a place for the " slow magician " ...I eh read dat nowhere eh so I copywriting dat !

well " the slow magician " had stated that he did not see the game as Don Diego did and so withdrew from the team , as leading goalscorer in the qualifiers .

He recently had surgery and is expected to miss three games for Boca in the apertura ...if he stays ...

Argentina will meet Spain as part of their bicentenial celebrations ...what a mouth watering prospect to see who controls the middle ...with Xavi, iniesta, Xabi alonso and Fabregas vs Riquelme, Mascherano, Cambiasso and Pastore ( yes I think he is Argentina next midfield general )

Was Baptista the last U-20 coach?

I remember him playing for Argentinos Juniors against Defence Force- scored a goal with his chest did he?

Also his long hair and beard made him easily recognizable in his playing days...

Wish him the best. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2010, 07:51:33 AM »

Yes he was the

Was Baptista the last U-20 coach?

I remember him playing for Argentinos Juniors against Defence Force- scored a goal with his chest did he?

Also his long hair and beard made him easily recognizable in his playing days...

Wish him the best. 
Yes he was the last coach who failed to get them to the youth WC finals. This is probably the reason he did not get the job ahead of Diego since he had coached Arentina to the olympic gold.
I dont remember who scored the goal in the game Argentinios juniors vs defense Force although I saw the game. It however remains the best game I have seen from a T&T team although the DF lost 1-0.
Baptista was unmistakeable with is long hair and beard a look most footballers avoid. To his advantage he has managed the youth stars during the Olympics many of whom are now on the senor team.
He is however an interim coach while they consider a more permanent replacement.
I am hoping I could get across to see the game against Spain ....ah done miss WC in  germany and South Africa ! Ah go lose meh credebility as a footbal critic if ah kyah testify to seeing at last one big game live!

Dumplingdinho

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maradona: I would coach Argentina
« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2010, 08:08:53 PM »
"Unfortunately [Roman] had a problem with Diego. I have a friendship with him. If Roman gets fit and is playing well, of course he will have a chance of being called up," the ex-Argentinos Juniors and Godoy Cruz head coach concluded.
sergio Baptista 

Now this is interesting ....must look in the crystal ball more often

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2010, 12:11:49 AM »
Maradona hits out at 'betrayal'

Diego Maradona has accused the Argentine Football Association (AFA) of "lies and betrayal" after his contract as national coach was not renewed.

Maradona claimed national team manager Carlos Bilardo "worked in the shadows" to oust him after Argentina's quarter-final exit at the 2010 World Cup.

He also accused AFA president Julio Grondona of lying about his future.

"They called me to put out a fire and we put it out. I've given everything, everything," he stated.

Maradona's 20-month reign as Argentina manager ended on Tuesday after he rejected demands to change his backroom team, leading to the AFA voting not to renew his contract.

"Grondona lied to me. Bilardo betrayed me," he said on Wednesday.

"When we were in mourning [after the 4-0 defeat by Germany at the World Cup], Bilardo was working in the shadows to get me fired.

"Grondona, in the dressing room after we had been knocked out of the World Cup in South Africa, told me in front of witnesses and the players that he was very happy with my work and that he wanted me to carry on.

"On our return to Argentina, things started to take on a bizarre twist and on Monday I met with Grondona.

"After five minutes, he told me that he wanted me to continue, but that seven of my technical staff could not stay. When he told me this, he was saying that he didn't want me to carry on in the job.

"He knows that it is impossible for me to stay as coach without my colleagues."
BINGO!!!

Argentina under-20 coach Sergio Batista has become caretaker boss following Maradona's departure.

He played alongside Maradona at the 1986 World Cup, which was won by an Argentina team managed by Bilardo.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2010, 12:17:13 AM »
F#CK DEM and F#CK HE...we have we own magician to deal wit
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2010, 03:10:42 AM »
The silence is deafening ... everybody scatter jes so?

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2010, 08:54:57 AM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=810954&sec=global&cc=5901

July 30

Former Argentina boss Daniel Passarella has backed Estudiantes coach Alejandro Sabella to succeed Diego Maradona with the Albiceleste.

Sabella looks likely to be the first former Sheffield United player to coach Argentina

Sabella, who worked alongside Passarella during his time in charge of Argentina, took charge of Estudiantes in March 2009 and led the team to success in the Copa Libertadores.

It is now reported that he will be confirmed as the new coach of the national side on Friday, taking the reins after completing his upcoming commitments with his club.

giggsy11

« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2010, 09:52:47 AM »
Please dey realize that he needed tuh go and dey take the opportunity to help him along his way. Dey don't want tuh go tru the circus again!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 01, 2010, 05:04:02 PM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=810954&sec=global&cc=5901

July 30

Former Argentina boss Daniel Passarella has backed Estudiantes coach Alejandro Sabella to succeed Diego Maradona with the Albiceleste.

Sabella looks likely to be the first former Sheffield United player to coach Argentina

Sabella, who worked alongside Passarella during his time in charge of Argentina, took charge of Estudiantes in March 2009 and led the team to success in the Copa Libertadores.

It is now reported that he will be confirmed as the new coach of the national side on Friday, taking the reins after completing his upcoming commitments with his club.

It wasn't long ago that many were saying Diego Simeone was the hottest property and a likely successor for this position (when he was at Estudiantes) ... now his value has fallen and Sabella is seen as the shizzle?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke: Maradona will bring an aura
« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2011, 03:34:11 PM »
Yorke: Maradona will bring an aura
By Jaydip Sengupta (XPRESS)

Former Manchester United striker and 1999 treble winner Dwight Yorke believes Diego Maradona's appointment as Al Wasl coach is an inspired move by the Dubai club. Speaking to XPRESS during his visit to Abu Dhabi in his capacity as AD Sports pundit, the former Trinidad and Tobago star said: "He will bring an aura and a presence that not many guys could bring and the interest a man like him generates can only be good for football in this part of the world."

Yorke however added: "Having said that, the jury is still out on his ability as a manager. You look at his record and it's not particularly great. That may change, but as it stands he's not proven himself as a manager yet."

Despite questions over Maradona's managerial qualities, Yorke says there's no doubt about the Argentine's greatness as a player.

"When you talk about the best players in the history of football, Maradona has got to be right up there. I'm such a massive fan of what the guy could do. I feel sorry for anyone who had to defend against him because you wouldn't know whether to back off or close him down, he was brilliant. To me, he was the best player I ever watched play.

"People watch [lionel] Messi now and think he's bringing a new dimension to football, but he is only doing now what Maradona was doing 20 years ago. You watch some of the clips of him during his days at Napoli, he was doing great things."

And the man who averaged a goal in every two matches during his 95-match stint with Manchester United hit out at criticism of the current side despite it winning its 19th Premier League title.

"I think too many people aren't giving the team the credit they deserve. A lot of people have gone on about the fact that this team isn't great to watch, and they aren't as good as the team of 1999 etc etc… what's all that about? I don't understand where people are coming from.

"You can only beat the teams that are in front of you and they have done that day in, day out. It's not about being pretty, it's about winning. So I think the comments are unfair on the effort the team and the manager have made this year. It's a reflection on the other teams in the league if Manchester United can be a lesser side and still win the league title. More people should give the side the credit they deserve," he said.

Talking of the Red Devil's chances in the Champions League final, Yorke said: "One thing that is for sure is that Manchester United will do it their way. They're going to play the Manchester United way. They'll highlight the threats that Barcelona have and work out what needs to be done to minimise those threats.

"And then they'll work on making the most of their strengths. So don't tell me Barcelona can't be beaten. They can definitely be beaten."

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke: Maradona will bring an aura
« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2011, 03:45:25 PM »
Yorke doing big things internationally boy

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke: Maradona will bring an aura
« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2011, 04:17:55 PM »
Big Up Yorkie!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Diego
« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2013, 10:10:24 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vashrNoXTE#t=144" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4vashrNoXTE#t=144</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Diego Maradona Thread
« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2013, 04:14:01 AM »
... in the age of stylized, choreographed warm-ups, what's interesting about DAM's warm-up is he's doing his own DAMn thing. A pleasure to watch.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maradonna Thread
« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2014, 02:20:13 PM »
He is such an asshole

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: maradona (ah likkle entertainment)
« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2014, 02:30:16 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nWdmwxjxdgY#t=15" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nWdmwxjxdgY#t=15</a>

http://www.cadena3.com/contenido/2014/07/24/131988.asp?titulo=Maradona-llego-a-Cordoba-para-jugar-un-partido-de-exhibicion

“Me sorprendió que Diego no hizo ningún pedido extraño. Sólo nos solicitó agua y Gatorade", contó.

In a lil benefit sweat from Thursday ... the organizer said he was surprised Diego didn't ask fuh anything but some water and Gatorade.

Look at the joy he gets from playing and yuh get a sense of the agony he must have when he's away from the ball, and it's just life.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2014, 02:49:12 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nWdmwxjxdgY#t=15" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nWdmwxjxdgY#t=15</a>

http://www.cadena3.com/contenido/2014/07/24/131988.asp?titulo=Maradona-llego-a-Cordoba-para-jugar-un-partido-de-exhibicion

“Me sorprendió que Diego no hizo ningún pedido extraño. Sólo nos solicitó agua y Gatorade", contó.

In a lil benefit sweat from Thursday ... the organizer said he was surprised Diego didn't ask fuh anything but some water and Gatorade.

Look at the joy he gets from playing and yuh get a sense of the agony he must have when he's away from the ball, and it's just life.

Yea you can bet it's related to his drugs and weight problems - depression amongst ex-footballers is shockingly high apparently.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2014, 04:47:30 PM »
Diego is a God....he loves and plays football like no other. Tell me any other person who shows such unbridled joy when playing the game.

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 28, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »
Diego is a God....he loves and plays football like no other. Tell me any other person who shows such unbridled joy when playing the game.
Ronaldinho

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 28, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »
Ronaldinho

Will give you Ronaldinho.....if only because he has shown a similar love for the game. Diego still shows a sort of umbilical attachment to the game though....

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2014, 02:31:44 PM »

Edson Arantes do Nascimento  ;)
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 29, 2014, 04:46:44 AM »

Sir Stanley Matthews - The Wizard on the ball :p You don't play until you're 45 for the National Team and into your 50's at club level without an intense love of teh game.

1]; } ?>