April 24, 2024, 03:08:08 AM

Author Topic: Ronaldo still needs to lose weight: Capello  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ronaldo still needs to lose weight: Capello
« on: November 04, 2006, 01:18:05 PM »
Ronaldo still needs to lose weight: Capello
Yahoo Sports

MADRID (AFP) - Real Madrid coach Fabio Capello has blasted Brazil superstar Ronaldo for being overweight but offered an olive branch by saying Ronaldo's waistline is heading in the right direction.

"He is getting better every day in training and is starting to rediscover an acceptable physical condition," said Capello on Saturday.

"He's not yet at his best, he still needs to lose a few more pounds but he doesn't seem too bad to me.

"He's lost a lot of weight but he still needs to lose more to become the player that everyone knows. For him, losing weight is important."

Ronaldo is known as "el Gordo' - 'Fatty' - on the terraces at the Bernabeu and his waistline has been steadily expanding ever since his first stint in Spain as a fleet-footed and blistering young forward at Barcelona in the mid 1990s.

He has been far from happy with his limited role at Real this season where Ruud van Nistelrooy and Raul have been the first choice attacking pairing.

On Friday he admitted in a long interview with daily newspaper ABC: "I can't be happy because what makes me happy - playing football - is missing from my life."

But he vowed defiantly: "The worst thing is not to have the trust of the coach, and to not know how to regain it.

"But I'm a fighter, and I'm going to fight my way back into the starting line-up." added Ronaldo, who in the summer became the all-time leading scorer in the World Cup finals.

He may well not have to wait too long for that as he is rumoured to be going to start Sunday's clash with Celta Vigo.

He missed the start of the season after a shin operation at the end of July and was hoping to make his first start this season last Wednesday in the Champions League against Steaua Bucharest.

Instead he played only 15 minutes in Real's 1-0 victory.

Capello explained afterwards that Ronaldo had a stiff neck and that was why he left him out.

But rumours are circulating in the Spanish press that Ronaldo could be heading out the exit door in the January transfer window.

It would not be the first time such rumours have abounded in Madrid as last season Ronaldo alluded he would leave in the close season after facing constant barracking from Real's notoriously hard to please fans.

AC and Inter Milan competed for the Brazil hero's signature in the summer but with the arrival of Capello, Ronaldo opted to stay.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:36:44 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo still needs to lose weight: Capello
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 01:32:30 PM »
nah boy capello...how yuh go put ah big man on a diet dred, the best thing to do is start him and let him run off some ofthe extra pounds ;D

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 02:37:37 PM »
Somebody forward Stern's number to Fatty nah.....

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 02:46:10 PM »
Capello constantly playing de lone striker ting so it comes down to a choice between an always clinical van nistelrooy or an overweight ronaldo

get used to de bench el gordo!!   ;D

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 08:28:59 PM »
I find Ronaldo played very well in those last 15 mins he get. His vision, passing and attacking instinct were spot on.

To me, Van Nistelrooy ain't have nothing on a fit Ronaldo. All these years now pundits idealizing a Van Nistelrooy & Ronaldo attack as the possible deadliest, so Capello let we see it nah

I doh like seeing the Fenomeno on de bench at all at all

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 08:57:57 PM »
Ronaldoeh fatter than he usually is. The fella was never slim.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 09:29:48 PM »
Ronaldoeh fatter than he usually is. The fella was never slim.

Like you only start watching football since 2003. Fattes' was still lean up until WC2002  ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 10:16:43 PM »
In 2002 he weight less than he weighs now so great.  How many of  us way the same from 2002?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 06:11:56 AM »
In 2002 he weight less than he weighs now so great.  How many of  us way the same from 2002?

easy boss..you said he was always that fat and he was never slim. all I saying is he wasn't always that fat and he was indeed slim at one point. he put on some size when he moved to Europe (like most everyone else ) but was always lean until recent years....your statement was wrong. doh vex. go check your WC 2002 video or photos on the net.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 07:45:33 AM »
I doh like seeing the Fenomeno on de bench at all at all

Agreed.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 02:20:30 PM »
Somebody forward Stern's number to Fatty nah.....

for wha

that is going from bad to worse

Més que un club.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 07:54:52 PM »
Realloss today did fatso play?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 09:44:07 PM »

yeah..he actually got the start ahead of Ruud...got subbed off for Becks early in the 2nd half

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 09:57:10 PM »

yeah..he actually got the start ahead of Ruud...got subbed off for Becks early in the 2nd half

Filho I did not see the game, how did he play?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 10:00:58 PM »

I didn't see it either..just read about it on soccernet. The report made it seem he was kinda quiet but had two good shots in the 1st half from distance.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 10:05:06 PM »

I didn't see it either..just read about it on soccernet. The report made it seem he was kinda quiet but had two good shots in the 1st half from distance.

Thanks, I will check out a match report or two.

The cable company disconnect my GOL TV so I had to do without my La Liga and Serie A games dis weekend - have to re-order it.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 09:36:12 AM »

Thanks, I will check out a match report or two.

The cable company disconnect my GOL TV so I had to do without my La Liga and Serie A games dis weekend - have to re-order it.

I see de higlights last night.... he show flashes of old.... de keeper made two good saves to deny him...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>