April 18, 2024, 01:19:42 AM

Author Topic: Jack in World Soccer Magazine  (Read 1889 times)

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack in World Soccer Magazine
« on: November 05, 2006, 08:24:54 PM »
Anyone see the article that Liburd wrote for this month's issue of World Soccer magazine?
TnT Patriot

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack in World Soccer Magazine
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 08:42:02 PM »
No can u post it for us please
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 09:01:52 PM »
I bought the actual magazine so the only way to post it would be to retype it. :-\

I'll give a synopsis once i get some time. Basically it's about the ticket scandal.
TnT Patriot

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 04:41:57 AM »
Yeah I got it as well...very long! Good luck if yuh gonna type it  ;) . It is by Lasana Liburd, the man becoming 'World renowned' yes. He mention almost every bit ah bachannal Warner been involved in since he become a football administrator in T&T, including the recent dustup with the world cup squad. In the end of the piece Lasana saying that Jack and Sepp not as good buddys as Jack and Havelange but Sepp owe the man. Apparently if Jack go down he treatening to take as many with him as possible so that is why they fraid tuh do him over. Is sad really, T&T rarely features in the magazine but when we do is normally about Warner....I think the only truely positive piece I've read in recent times was about the under-17 World Cup and even that get a negative view in this piece due to Warner's involvement. I have to say, this article is definitely a history lesson for those younger forumities who are only aware of Warners most recent misdemeanors. Well done to Lasana!

On a slightly different tack....Jack is definitely living in cloud cuckoo land. Most people, if they was implicated (rightly or wrongly) in dodgy dealings, would protest innocense and lay low till the heat cool. Not Jack, that man seem to think the best defence is offence either that or he doing the 3rd world dictator strategy...get much much as you can for as long as you can, tuh hell with the consequences when the ride done. Is like ah process with this man, blame everyman-jack cept yuhself, say is ah conspiracy against yuh then carry on to the next extremely risky venture, get impicated again and start the whole cycle again! INSANE  :o .

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 05:27:19 AM »
Yeah I got it as well...very long! Good luck if yuh gonna type it  ;) . It is by Lasana Liburd, the man becoming 'World renowned' yes. He mention almost every bit ah bachannal Warner been involved in since he become a football administrator in T&T, including the recent dustup with the world cup squad. In the end of the piece Lasana saying that Jack and Sepp not as good buddys as Jack and Havelange but Sepp owe the man. Apparently if Jack go down he treatening to take as many with him as possible so that is why they fraid tuh do him over. Is sad really, T&T rarely features in the magazine but when we do is normally about Warner....I think the only truely positive piece I've read in recent times was about the under-17 World Cup and even that get a negative view in this piece due to Warner's involvement. I have to say, this article is definitely a history lesson for those younger forumities who are only aware of Warners most recent misdemeanors. Well done to Lasana!

On a slightly different tack....Jack is definitely living in cloud cuckoo land. Most people, if they was implicated (rightly or wrongly) in dodgy dealings, would protest innocense and lay low till the heat cool. Not Jack, that man seem to think the best defence is offence either that or he doing the 3rd world dictator strategy...get much much as you can for as long as you can, tuh hell with the consequences when the ride done. Is like ah process with this man, blame everyman-jack cept yuhself, say is ah conspiracy against yuh then carry on to the next extremely risky venture, get impicated again and start the whole cycle again! INSANE  :o .

you and i may think it is insane but it works for Jack ..... as de calypsonian said some years ago 25 years have passed ..how yuh feel ?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 06:12:42 AM »

I read an article where the standard of the stadia was critizied. Dem make we seem in a bad way. It sad in a way that a lot of the exposure that we get is tarnished by warner misadventures doh.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 07:07:31 AM »
I read an article where the standard of the stadia was critizied. Dem make we seem in a bad way. It sad in a way that a lot of the exposure that we get is tarnished by warner misadventures doh.

No, honestly, as you know World Soccer do summaries of all FIFA tournaments and T&T got quite a good write-up fuh 2001. It even said that Finland would find it hard to top us. As with all World Soccer articles it is never all happiness but overall the article was very positive, I don't remember them slating the stadia, I'll have to check the back issues (got all issues since 1988! yes ah sad). Imagine, there was a time when they even published results from our leagues in their results service. Now, they don't even bother to have a Concacaf section. They only report on Mexico, the US and occasionally Canada!? I guess it has more to do with relevance to readership when choosing to report on something in magazines such as these, therefore, it is always more likely that T&T will be newsworthy only if their demographic will be interested in the piece. So, yuh could forget about feelgood stories on T&T Football as most Yanks, Canucks and (the few) Tico's who read World Soccer ain't really interested in any good aspects of our football.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 08:36:35 AM »

No, honestly, as you know World Soccer do summaries of all FIFA tournaments and T&T got quite a good write-up fuh 2001. It even said that Finland would find it hard to top us. As with all World Soccer articles it is never all happiness but overall the article was very positive, I don't remember them slating the stadia, I'll have to check the back issues (got all issues since 1988! yes ah sad). Imagine, there was a time when they even published results from our leagues in their results service. Now, they don't even bother to have a Concacaf section. They only report on Mexico, the US and occasionally Canada!? I guess it has more to do with relevance to readership when choosing to report on something in magazines such as these, therefore, it is always more likely that T&T will be newsworthy only if their demographic will be interested in the piece. So, yuh could forget about feelgood stories on T&T Football as most Yanks, Canucks and (the few) Tico's who read World Soccer ain't really interested in any good aspects of our football.

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 10:43:36 AM »
carry on to the next extremely risky venture, get impicated again and start the whole cycle again! INSANE  :o .

dat part is baffling.
I doh know if is him alone is the cause of dat....

1]; } ?>