April 28, 2024, 03:08:06 PM

Poll

With the current Warrior team can we beat England?

Yes
No
TNT 2 ENG 1
ENG 2 TNT 1
ENG 2 TNT 0

Author Topic: Who think we need a rematch with England  (Read 8509 times)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Who think we need a rematch with England
« on: November 06, 2006, 10:46:07 AM »
Based on the current ENGLAND and Warrior teams what do you think would happen? ???

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who think we need a rematch with England
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 11:06:12 AM »
what go happen iz dat by de time ref blow de final whistle, we fifa rank go be something like 126...
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 11:08:29 AM »
The coach is still determining what our team configuration will be. I think, right now we would fall to England. But, not by much.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 11:11:26 AM »
Boy, right now, Englad playing shyte. I say we take advantage and beat dem quick  :devil:
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 11:53:15 AM »
Dreamers

Any team T&T put out against England getting real licks. get over it....when you see we could beat USA, then lewwe start talking bout teams like England. But we should play them anyway...it will only improve our football. We need them kinda games

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 12:51:09 PM »
Dreamers

Any team T&T put out against England getting real licks. get over it....when you see we could beat USA, then lewwe start talking bout teams like England. But we should play them anyway...it will only improve our football. We need them kinda games

I agree with both redtrini and Filho. I think our team can only get better the longer they play and stay together. I would be happy when we can comfortably beat USA and Mexico consistently

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 01:11:22 PM »
This might be a dead horse but Beenie was too conservative in his approach to that game, we all know who should have taken the field! If we adopt a more attacking formation, I feel we have the players to take them and squeeze out 1-0 a win or draw 1-1

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 02:12:11 PM »
Dreamers

Filho yuh talking as if England is some team to be feared. Ent we play them in Germany? We ain't get licks. That team is all name and no game.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 02:28:38 PM »
Filho yuh talking as if England is some team to be feared. Ent we play them in Germany? We ain't get licks. That team is all name and no game.

We didnt get licks? I dont know about you, but i was in the stadium in nuremberg and as far as i am concerned, we lost.

Some ah alyuh does post so much nonsense here.  We cant even guarantee world cup qualification in probably de easiest zone to qualify from and alyuh talking about playing england and winning?

In Germany, i saw a great defensive effort against England that almost paid off, but i tell you this, if we only open up and play an attacking game against dem, they will destroy us badly!!

we didnt get licks?? lol. dis is almost ah davyjenny special!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 02:55:25 PM »
The current T&T team could beat England but their chances are probabaly about 1%. Although it is highly unlikely, England have lost to teams like N.Ireland in recent years, so it is not impossible.

I dont think T&T took licks from England. England controlled the game, but i wouldnt say it was licks. England were sweating for 85 mins.

But as a next man say, concentrate on USA first.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 03:02:33 PM by Remie »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 03:00:12 PM »

We didnt get licks? I dont know about you, but i was in the stadium in nuremberg and as far as i am concerned, we lost.

Some ah alyuh does post so much nonsense here.  We cant even guarantee world cup qualification in probably de easiest zone to qualify from and alyuh talking about playing england and winning?

In Germany, i saw a great defensive effort against England that almost paid off, but i tell you this, if we only open up and play an attacking game against dem, they will destroy us badly!!
we didnt get licks?? lol. dis is almost ah davyjenny special!!

ah love it!!

Spot on Andre! Like some people soon forget de licks we get in de warm ups against Cezh Republic and Solvenia (ranked 71st at that time) when we tried to play our slow paced attacking game.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 03:01:56 PM »
The current T&T could beat England but their chances are probabaly about 1%.

I dont think they took licks from England. England controlled the game, but i wouldnt say it was licks. England were sweating for 85 mins.

Honestly Remie...watch over the game as a 'neutral' and take stock of the possession and the goalscoring chances of either side. If the situation were reversed and we had the chances and the possession England had...every single supporter on this site would have said that we should have hot them for 6...easy. Anyone who deny that is lying..plain and simple. Instead, our ability to objectively judge a game is clouded when T&T is playing. Grande..I never said we should fear England. I said we would get licks. That is not to say T&T cannot beat them...anything could happen in football. But most times, England would beat T&T.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 03:05:48 PM »

I dont think they took licks from England. England controlled the game, but i wouldnt say it was licks. England were sweating for 85 mins.

This is essentially what I mean, andre samuel.
We lost but we did not get licks.

Let me tell you what licks is:
Brazil 8, UAE 0.

Germany 8, Saudi Arabia 0

Argentina 6, Serbia 0.

T&T 5, Saint Vincent 0.

THAT is licks. Complete dominance by one team. The England game hurt meh, but what happened between us and them was not licks. Anybody who watch dat game could tell you dat. You shoulda realize that being in de stadium and all.

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 03:07:47 PM »

Honestly Remie...watch over the game as a 'neutral' and take stock of the possession and the goalscoring chances of either side. If the situation were reversed and we had the chances and the possession England had...every single supporter on this site would have said that we should have hot them for 6...easy

Not every single supporter on this site, because i would not have said that. As i said before England controlled the game. But England did not break down the defence and create any one on one chances, they were restricted to shots from the edge and outside of the area. They scored a goal which was a foul, and they scored a goal from outside the area. They did not create much with their possession. And in that sense they did not give T&T licks. Harmless possession does not equal licks.

But dont think i saying that T&T have a realistic chance of beating England. I said they have about a 1% chance.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 03:12:36 PM by Remie »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 03:12:21 PM »

Honestly Remie...watch over the game as a 'neutral' and take stock of the possession and the goalscoring chances of either side. If the situation were reversed and we had the chances and the possession England had...every single supporter on this site would have said that we should have hot them for 6...easy. Anyone who deny that is lying..plain and simple. Instead, our ability to objectively judge a game is clouded when T&T is playing. Grande..I never said we should fear England. I said we would get licks. That is not to say T&T cannot beat them...anything could happen in football. But most times, England would beat T&T.

I agree we will lose ...9.9 times out of 10. we cant even attract decent opposition in this region England will want to play us ? To what ...improve their ratings ? Come on ! T&T did not exactly light up the WC ...no players were attractive enough to get contacts...except Carlos and Dwight ..both to second division teams ..and dwight is not part of the youth sheme anymore !
look at where our players are playing ... you think they can attract crowds in other countries ? they cant even fill the stadium these days when they play at home ! So fiilho I am with you on this one... my head out de sand

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 03:14:29 PM »
What did Don Leo say?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 03:15:23 PM »

I agree we will lose ...9.9 times out of 10. we cant even attract decent opposition in this region England will want to play us ? To what ...improve their ratings ? Come on ! T&T did not exactly light up the WC ...no players were attractive enough to get contacts...except Carlos and Dwight ..both to second division teams ..and dwight is not part of the youth sheme anymore !
look at where our players are playing ... you think they can attract crowds in other countries ? they cant even fill the stadium these days when they play at home ! So fiilho I am with you on this one... my head out de sand

So then you must be agreeing with me as well because 9.9 times out of 10 is 99% which equates to what i said, we have 1% chance of beating them.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 03:16:52 PM »

Honestly Remie...watch over the game as a 'neutral' and take stock of the possession and the goalscoring chances of either side. If the situation were reversed and we had the chances and the possession England had...every single supporter on this site would have said that we should have hot them for 6...easy

Not every single supporter on this site, because i would not have said that. As i said before England controlled the game. But England did not break down the defence and create any one on one chances, they were restricted to shots from the edge and outside of the area. They scored a goal which was a foul, and they scored a goal from outside the area. They did not create much with their possession. And in that sense they did not give T&T licks. Harmless possession does not equal licks.

But dont think i saying that T&T have a realistic chance of beating England. I said they have about a 1% chance.

I suppose Crouch and lampard would love you for this ! Are you serious ! didn´t you see crouch all alone in the area try a bicycle and miss with just a stationary goalkeeper to beat ...go and watch the replay... what about the lampard show of misfiring when under no pressure ?I am tired of this !

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 03:22:14 PM »

I suppose Crouch and lampard would love you for this ! Are you serious ! didn´t you see crouch all alone in the area try a bicycle and miss with just a stationary goalkeeper to beat ...go and watch the replay... what about the lampard show of misfiring when under no pressure ?I am tired of this !

Lampard was edge of the box with man in front of him, it was not a clear cut chance. Crouch miss a bicycle, and bicycles do not normally go in anyway. They were the better team obviously, but it was not licks. They create hardly any clear cut chances with all the possession that they had.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 03:25:50 PM »
nah man we could beat England...like de pundits say all we have to do is play we style ah football  ;D
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 03:30:27 PM »
Remie, England created chances - glaring chances - with their possession, but did not finish them. Their fault, not ours. But I agree with your stand that we did not get licks. That should not be the basis for us "getting licks".

Jai John, look Sweden create plenty chances against us too (besides de ones Shaka save). Does that take anything away from the 0-0 result?

We can't judge our team's shortcomings on "what if" England and Sweden had finished their chances. Point is they didn't finish them. And those are their shortcomings, not ours.

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 03:42:35 PM »
Remie, England created chances - glaring chances - with their possession, but did not finish them. Their fault, not ours. But I agree with your stand that we did not get licks. That should not be the basis for us "getting licks".

Jai John, look Sweden create plenty chances against us too (besides de ones Shaka save). Does that take anything away from the 0-0 result?

We can't judge our team's shortcomings on "what if" England and Sweden had finished their chances. Point is they didn't finish them. And those are their shortcomings, not ours.

This is my last post on this topic, because this could go on forever.

England creates chances, but they did not create enough clear cut or glaring chances to call that licks. If anyone wants to list the glaring chances that England made then they can try, but im not coming to check back on this topic because i know that nobody will be able to come up with a good number of serious glaring chances that England missed, because the fact is they didnt.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 03:48:30 PM by Remie »

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2006, 04:05:45 PM »

all yuh serious...

I agree that we did not get licks according to de scoreline (since the results were 2-0 and 0-0)

but yuh have to agree that we were totally outplayed in both the Sweden and the England game...

any objective neutral individual would conclude we were totally outplayed in both those games...it was like watching offense against defense in practice......I'll be honest...men go get vex but i ent care...IMO we were damn lucky in both dem games....those teams didn't finish dere chances(which were many), and the only reason we get dem results is because of the soca warriors heart, never say die attitude, beenie defensive tactics, and doh forget luck.....

we could have easily gotten 3-6 goals easily in each of those games, and that was playing 11 men defensively.....all yuh imagine the licks we would ah get if we played a more attacking game.... :-\

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2006, 04:31:22 PM »
D only thing that will happen is a severe cutarse.

Fellas TT is playing no football right now.

Look at the question by GRSKYWALKER...COMPREHENSION people
Based on the current ENGLAND and Warrior teams what do you think would happen? Huh

Lorse vs Japan, Beat Vincey and ketch we arse vs Panama.

Come now Grskywalker and Remie and all the others who in denial still.......alyuh see dem games.

Doe bring up no old performance in WC to prove no point...the question is current England and Socawarrior team.

The same team that ent get pay, the same team that players injured, the same team that players riding pine for, the same team that pro league players season done. The same team that men going on trial. The same team that the locals cyar cut it internationally and who looking for club.

Steupppsss

watch these squads and really see if playing england now making any sense.

T&T 0  vs 2  Japan,  Aug, 09th, 2006: 1-Jan Michael Williams, 17-Atiba Charles, 5-Keyeno Thomas (Ian Gray 79th), 3-Avery John, 6-Clyde Leon, 8-Cyd Gray (capt), 11-Stephan David (Kerry Baptiste 71st), 16-Evans Wise, 7-Trent Noel, 23-Anthony Wolfe (Kendall Jagdeosingh 76th), 12-Gary Glasgow (Andrei Pacheco 90th).

(F) T&T  5  vs  0  St Vincent,  07, Oct, 06: 1.Jan Michael Williams; 8.Cyd Gray, 2.Atiba Charles (Andre Toussaint 70th), 6.Dennis Lawrence, 13.Nigel Daniel; 11.Carlos Edwards (18.Kerry Baptiste 75th), 7.Christopher Birchall, 19.Dwight Yorke (capt), 12.Collin Samuel; 20.Jason Scotland (15.Kenwyne Jones 60th), 14.Stern John.

(F) T&T  2  vs  1  Panama,  11, Oct 06: 1.Jan-Michael Williams; 8.Cyd Gray, 4.Dwayne Jack (2.Atiba Charles 76th), 6.Dennis Lawrence, 3.Avery John; 11.Carlos Edwards, 7.Christopher Birchall (13.Nigel Daniel 81st), 9.Trent Noel (18.Kerry Baptiste 63rd), 12.Collin Samuel; 14.Stern John (capt), 15.Kenwyne Jones (20.Jason Scotland 72nd).

Lewwe try and put in a decent performance first vs Austria den start to creep properly before we walk.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2006, 04:32:06 PM »

all yuh serious...

I agree that we did not get licks according to de scoreline (since the results were 2-0 and 0-0)

but yuh have to agree that we were totally outplayed in both the Sweden and the England game...

any objective neutral individual would conclude we were totally outplayed in both those games...it was like watching offense against defense in practice......I'll be honest...men go get vex but i ent care...IMO we were damn lucky in both dem games....those teams didn't finish dere chances(which were many), and the only reason we get dem results is because of the soca warriors heart, never say die attitude, beenie defensive tactics, and doh forget luck.....

we could have easily gotten 3-6 goals easily in each of those games, and that was playing 11 men defensively.....all yuh imagine the licks we would ah get if we played a more attacking game.... :-\

boy with a name like "lickslikefire" I find yuh should know what licks mean man.  ;D

When I was in primary school, I knew I had jess get licks because my hands were red and burning, or my arse was hurting so much I couldn't sit dong properly.

Similarly, had Sweden and England actually finished their chances, it would have been licks. I ain't denying that. But they did not finish their chances - yes we rode our luck at times, but I would like to think that a lot of it was us frustrating them and shaking dem up.

I think we can't say for sure what may have happened if we played a more attacking game. The constant theme in football is this: anything can happen on a given day. We played one against Paraguay in de 2nd half (the best performance of attacking football we played recently against good opposition) and we were genuinely unlucky not to score - we had chance after chance gone begging. We can't say that just because a team had plenty chances against us, we get licks. If that were the case, we give Paraguay licks then!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 04:57:10 PM by Grande man »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2006, 04:34:21 PM »
But England did not break down the defence and create any one on one chances, they were restricted to shots from the edge and outside of the area. They scored a goal which was a foul, and they scored a goal from outside the area. They did not create much with their possession. And in that sense they did not give T&T licks. Harmless possession does not equal licks.

Well Remie..your memory of the game is a little off. And that is not an opinion..it's a fact that can be checked by game film or highlights. We did well and had some nice chances ourselves. but England had far more quality chances than you remember. And not coming ba ck to check this topic is real cowardice cuz you know you are the only one who is wrong...If Crouch miss in the 6 yard box in the 1st half is not a glaring chance..you on something very potent. What about Owen free diving header in the 6 yard box in the 2nd half. What about Lampard 3 easy chances in the 2nd half..2 wide..one straight at Shaka..with the defense beatena nd completely unmarked..come nah man Remie..you hadda be on kix

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2006, 04:39:06 PM »
But England did not break down the defence and create any one on one chances, they were restricted to shots from the edge and outside of the area. They scored a goal which was a foul, and they scored a goal from outside the area. They did not create much with their possession. And in that sense they did not give T&T licks. Harmless possession does not equal licks.

Well Remie..your memory of the game is a little off. And that is not an opinion..it's a fact that can be checked by game film or highlights. We did well and had some nice chances ourselves. but England had far more quality chances than you remember. And not coming ba ck to check this topic is real cowardice cuz you know you are the only one who is wrong...If Crouch miss in the 6 yard box in the 1st half is not a glaring chance..you on something very potent. What about Owen free diving header in the 6 yard box in the 2nd half. What about Lampard 3 easy chances in the 2nd half..2 wide..one straight at Shaka..with the defense beatena nd completely unmarked..come nah man Remie..you hadda be on kix

I was going to tell Remie to watch de game again but Filho yuh make de list for him. Still: Remie, watch de game again.

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2006, 04:50:04 PM »
Oh lawd, i didnt want to but you make me have to do dis.

90 + 2 mins: Stern John puts the ball in the back of the net with a neat flick from Cornell Glen's low, flat pass but the Coventry man is offside.

90 + 1 min: It is the first minute of three minutes of injury time, but few England fans in the Franken-Stadion could tell you that as they're going nuts in the stands after a nervy 90 minutes.

90 mins: GOAL England 2-0 Trinidad and Tobago
Frank Lampard wins a free-kick and takes it quickly to put England on the attack. It is worked to Steven Gerrard who unleashes an unstoppable left-foot shot from outside the area on the right that leaves Shaka Hislop with no chance. The teams may have changed but the last-minute strike has more than an echo of the FA Cup final when they were representing Liverpool and West Ham respectively.

89 mins: Stern John plays the ball forward but John Terry and Rio Ferdinand mop up the danger. Trinidad and Tobago look to have run out of puff.

88 mins: England fans are singing "Football's Coming Home". Not on this evidence, but the goal at least means the team won't be coming home early. If England hold on for the three points they are through to the second phase of the World Cup.

85 mins: England need to be on their mettle at the back now. Evans Wise comes on for Densill Theobald and immediately floats a cross just over Paul Robinson's crossbar.

83 mins: GOAL England 1-0 Trinidad and Tobago
Finally a goal and it goes to England. Peter Crouch climbs high above Brent Sancho to head home David Beckham's cross from the right.

81 mins: The last 10 minutes and Trinidad and Tobago are passing the ball around with aplomb. The game was supposed to be dead and buried for them by now but they are within touching distance of a fantastic result.

80 mins: Frank Lampard is lucky to escape a second booking and Trinidad and Tobago break forward but fail to test Paul Robinson.

79 mins: Ashley Cole charges on to a forward pass from Stewart Downing and crashes into the on-rushing Shaka Hislop. The England man stays down temporarily.

78 mins: Frank Lampard goes close again. Rio Ferdinand plays him in on the right but his shot-cum-cross evades team-mates and goes wide of the right post.

77 mins: Peter Crouch and Wayne Rooney exchange passes on the edge of the box and the Liverpool man dinks the ball into the box for Frank Lampard. It's a goal if he goes left or right of the keeper but his shot is straight at Shaka Hislop.

76 mins: Stewart Downing's cross from the left is agonisingly too high for Peter Crouch in the area.

75 mins: England are playing make-or-break football and are again caught at the back one-on-one. Cornell Glen beats Ashley Cole but Steven Gerrard races back to steal the ball off the substitute's toes.

74 mins: England work a short corner. David Beckham to Aaron Lennon and on to Frank Lampard who lifts his shot over the bar. A third and final England change and Stewart Downing replaces Joe Cole.

73 mins: It's helter-skelter stuff going back and forth. Dwight Yorke breaks forward with only the back-pedalling Ashley Cole for company but the Arsenal man makes a telling tackle to kill the move. Wayne Rooney breaks but the ball goes out on the left.

71 mins: England are on the back foot. John Terry blocks a Carlos Edwards shot and the men in white clear the danger.

69 mins: Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker makes his first change, Cornell Glen coming on for Kenwyne Jones.

68 mins: David Beckham flights a cross in from the right. Peter Crouch heads over.

67 mins: Wayne Rooney loses possession in an attacking area and Trinidad and Tobago break but a wayward final pass goes out for an England throw.

65 mins: Brent Sancho clatters into Wayne Rooney. It won't have been a comfortable moment for his club manager Sir Alex Ferguson, wherever the Scot's watching. The striker bounces back to his feet and dusts himself down.

63 mins: The stats show that England have had 16 shots but not many have been on target. Frank Lampard is booked for a foul on Brent Sancho.

61 mins: Aaron Lennon's introduction means David Beckham is the man to drop into the defensive line at right-back as and when it is needed.

60 mins: Aaron Lennon's turn of pace easily sees off his marker but he scoops his cross high over the penalty area.

59 mins: "The introduction of Wayne Rooney and Aaron Lennon has galvanised England's fans, with David Beckham moving into a deeper role to accommodate the introduction of the Spurs youngster. At least this substitution shows more imagination than against Paraguay, but it also hints at growing desperation."
Phil McNulty, BBC Sport in Nuremberg

58 mins: It's change time and it's Rooney time. The England fans love it. Wayne Rooney replaces Michael Owen - an obvious substitution. The other one's a bit more bizarre with Aaron Lennon coming on for Jamie Carragher, meaning England move to three at the back.

56 mins: Cyd Gray goes through Michael Owen to earn a yellow card. From the resultant free-kick Owen guides a free header wide from six yards.

55 mins: Peter Crouch has been watching too many videos of Ronaldinho. He flicks up a low pass from Ashley Cole just inside the area but mis-directs the overhead kick high of the goal. While the first bit had a touch of Ronaldinho, the second was more Ronnie Corbett.

54 mins: "Every misplaced pass or stuttering passage of play is the catalyst for calls for the introduction of Rooney - and it is nearing the point when the idea of risking the talismanic youngster must surely be going through Eriksson's mind."

53 mins: Trinidad and Tobago are playing with great confidence and Chris Birchall almost plays in Kenwyne Jones with a slide-rule pass.

51 mins: Steven Gerrard is caught in possession and Stern John breaks over halfway. Trinidad and Tobago win a free-kick but it sails out for a goal-kick off Dwight Yorke's right boot.

49 mins: An attacking throw-in to England from which they opt to work the ball back to Paul Robinson. It's the second half and they've changed the direction they're attacking but it's not obvious they know it!

47 mins: The early signs are that England did not get a half-time rollicking from Sven-Goran Eriksson or find a secret stash of kryptonite in the changing room. It's moribund stuff summed up by an aimless Ashley Cole pass to... nobody.

HALF-TIME: After three minutes of injury time referee Toru Kamikawa from Japan blows for the break.

45 + 1 mins: A corner for Trinidad and Tobago which John Terry clears. The Chelsea skipper is soon back in action, scooping a volley off the line after Carlos Edwards beats Paul Robinson to a cross and Stern John races in looking to bundle the ball over the line. A let off for England.

45 mins: "Peter Crouch's dreadful miss brings a response from England's fans hardly designed to help his fragile confidence, namely chants for the introduction of Wayne Rooney from all parts of the Franken-Stadion."

44 mins: David Beckham opts for his right foot on this occasion and to good use. The only problem for England is that Peter Crouch's right foot is not up to much as he volley's the skipper's cross well wide with nobody near him - apart from a rooted Shaka Hislop. A great chance goes begging.

43 mins: David Beckham in left-foot shock. Now we know why he only uses it to stand on as he chips a soft shot straight at Shaka Hislop.

42 mins: Steven Gerrard's long left-to-right long ball is turned back by Michael Owen but Frank Lampard spoons his side-footed effort over from eight yards.

40 mins: Peter Crouch and Dennis Lawrence jump for and an up and under. It's like watching a regional pogo jumping competition when these two 6'7" beanpoles go for a high ball. Lawrence takes top marks on this occasion.

38 mins: Trinidad and Tobago inch their way up the right with some neat, short passing before winning a free-kick. Kenwyne Jones climbs well but heads over another good Dwight Yorke delivery.

36 mins: Another delightful deadball delivery from Dwight Yorke. Paul Robinson flaps at the corner and Stern John steals in at the back post but heads wide, with Jamie Carragher in close attendance.

35 mins: Dwight Yorke's second free-kick of the match, again from the right, forces Rio Ferdinand to head over and concede a corner.

34 mins: The ball is worked to Frank Lampard. In space in the centre of the park he looks up and picks his spot. Unfortunately for England it's a few feet wide of Shaka Hislop's right post.

32 mins: Steven Gerrard blazes a shot over from distance. Trinidad and Tobago are like a Caribbean sponge soaking up all this pressure - although they haven't exactly been tested yet.

30 mins: "While Dwight Yorke is having treatment, Sven-Goran Eriksson finally ventures from the dug-out to have a long discussion with Rio Ferdinand - England certainly need some inspiration from the sidelines. It then arrives in the shape of Wayne Rooney having his first warm-up, at last giving the England fans something to cheer - "Rooney! Rooney! Rooney!"'

29 mins: Dwight Yorke receives some treatment and walks gingerly to the touchline. He gets in the way of a Steven Gerrard shot and the PC way to describe his injury is a "low blow".

27 mins: Peter Crouch causes a moment of panic in the box from a Trinidad and Tobago perspective, but his knock down from Jamie Carragher's floated cross fails to drop for either Michael Owen or Frank Lampard and Cyd Gray hooks the ball clear.

26 mins: Joe Cole finds Peter Crouch with a drilled cross but the striker can do little with it, getting his bonce to it but heading wide.

25 mins: This match is like the weather - cooler than what has come before. The action is not exactly setting the pulse racing and the tempo needs picking up.

24 mins: Another sight of goal for Trinidad and Tobago, albeit from distance, and Carlos Edwards fires an ambitious effort high, wide and handsome.

23 mins: Against the run of play Paul Robinson dives low off his line to pluck Dwight Yorke's cross from the right out of the air.

20 mins: Steven Gerrard is chopped down again and this time Aurtis Whitley is booked. What can David Beckham do with this free-kick? It's over the wall and flighted towards Peter Crouch at the back post, but the Liverpool man heads over under pressure from Wrexham's Dennis Lawrence.

19 mins: David Beckham's free-kick is straight into the wall.

18 mins: Shortly after the first chance, a first yellow card. Densill Theobald is the recipient after tugging Steven Gerrard back on the edge of the box.

16 mins: The first clear-cut chance for England. Joe Cole steps on to his right foot and Peter Crouch stretches to get a touch to the Chelsea man's teasing cross, but Shaka Hislop saves.

15 mins: "Coach Leo Beenhakker is leaving his seat in the technical area to shout instructions at goalkeeper Shaka Hislop. He seems concerned that his team has been so pinned back, but England have yet to produce the quality to pierce their defensive approach."

14 mins: Trinidad and Tobago flirt with a 4-4-2, Kenwyne Jones moving into attack from the right flank, but soon revert to their opening formation.

12 mins: Joe Cole burst into the box down the left and his efforts earn a corner. Dennis Lawrence clears David Beckham's corner and is again on hand to stoop low as Peter Crouch lines up a volley after the ball is played back into the box.

11 mins: Dwight Yorke stands over a free-kick on the right but wastes the opportunity flighting it well over every player in the box.

10 mins: Something to hearten Soca Warriors fans. Trinidad and Tobago get to grips with the ball and play it around for a while. Possession at last, but little purpose.

9 mins: England are repeatedly met by an immovable red wall of players. Steven Gerrard attempts to burst through it but loses control on the edge of the area.

8 mins: Michael Owen harries Brent Sancho into a mistake but Trinidad and Tobago get possession back. Before too long they've lost it again and England are dominating.

6 mins: England are biding their time in possession before Frank Lampard fizzes in a rasping shot. Shaka Hislop is unable to hold it but Michael Owen fails to turn in the sharp rebound which bounces off his knee and wide.

4 mins: Steven Gerrard's quick free-kick is called back as Ashley Cole has lost one of his red boots. Well, not lost, he's found it, it just came off. David Beckham's free-kick does not get past the first defender.

2 mins: Jamie Carragher gets the first shot in on goal, a tame long-range effort after drifting in off the right flank.

1 min: Trinidad and Tobago opt for an early 4-5-1 as England enjoy the best of the opening exchanges.

Okay so 5 decent chances that England did not take. Admitedly i did not even think it was that many. T&T had a couple. In 90 minutes that is not enough to call it licks. I believe that was the main topic we were debating. Did England give T&T licks? In my opinion no.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 05:05:49 PM by Remie »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2006, 04:57:18 PM »
i think we could beat them with scotty and jagdeosing up front and julius in de back and neeves on de left and conrad in de centre and de twin towers in de back with de new keeper (ah forget he name) in de goal.

12-0 TNT
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2006, 05:11:07 PM »
Okay so 5 decent chances that England did not take. Admitedly i did not even think it was that many. T&T had a couple. In 90 minutes that is not enough to call it licks.

Errghhhh...wrong

Minute 6 , 68, 74 and minute 78 were very good chances. Watch the game breds..don't rely on some typing fool trying to keep up with the action  ;D. They also missed Owen's point blank header wide in the 2nd half and Lampard's lame side foot volley over the bar on the edge of the 6 yrd box in the 1st half. By the way..how did this become a topic of whether we get licks....I am simply responding to Remie's point that England made no clear cut chances...I agree with Grande and Co... In my book you hadda lose by 3 clear to consider that licks. We were outplayed, we lost....but by Trini definition..licks is (mostly) determined by scoreline...not so? heheh Dis forum is really it

1]; } ?>