March 29, 2024, 05:58:17 AM

Author Topic: Hart Announces 17-Player Roster for Hungary Friendly  (Read 4355 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hart Announces 17-Player Roster for Hungary Friendly
« on: November 09, 2006, 04:43:30 PM »
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Hart Announces 17-Player Roster for Hungary Friendly
www.canadasoccer.com

Stephen Hart
OTTAWA, ONTARIO – Canada’s men’s national team interim head coach Stephen Hart announced his 17-player roster for the upcoming international friendly match-up against Hungary. The game will take place on November 15th at 8:00 pm local time (2:00 pm ET) in Székesfehérvár (just outside of Budapest), Hungary.

Canada’s last match up against Hungary dates back 20 years when both teams met in the 1986 World Cup in Mexico. Hungary won that game 2:0 played in Iraputo, Mexico.

Hungary (ranked 76th) has lost their last two international matches; one to Malta (1:2) and the other against Turkey (0:1), both in UEFA EURO 2008 Preliminary Competition.

Canada (ranked 71st) on the other hand has performed well in 2006 with an impressive 2:1:1 record with wins against Jamaica and Austria.

MLS (Major League Soccer) player of the year nominee and Houston Dynamo Dwayne de Rosario will be back on the pitch for Canada. De Rosario, who will be playing days before in the MLS Cup final at Pizza Hut Park in Frisco, Texas on November 12th, will be take part in his first game for Canada since March 1st 2006 when Canada defeated Austria 2:0.

Another noticeable is Fulham midfielder and Canadian soccer veteran Tomasz Radzinski. Radzinski has been at the fore front of Canada’s successes of late and will be seeking his 32nd cap for the National team. Radzinski was the lone Canadian goalscorer in the second of two friendlies against Jamaica on October 8th, 2006 in Kingston, Jamaica.

Hart may once again call on Greg Sutton of the USL First Division Montréal Impact to act as the guardian between the posts for the Canucks. Sutton will be looking for another shut-out performance. He has collected two in 2006; a 0:0 draw with the United States in January and a 1:0 win against Jamaica on September 4th.

In addition, head coach Stephen Hart decided to bring in a new face to the roster. Calgary native Issey Nakajima-Farran, will be seeking his first cap for the senior team. Nakajima-Farran is currently playing for Vejle Boldklub in the Danish first division.

“Everyone is very enthusiastic about this game,” said Hart. “We have been bitten by the injury bug, however, the intention of these games is to continue to provide an opportunity for players who want to play for Canada, to come into the squad and showcase themselves.”

The team will travel to Budapest, Hungary on November 12th to participate in a series of training sessions prior to the match.

Canadian Roster

# - Player - Pos. - DOB - Caps - G/S - Club - Hometown
1 - Sutton, Greg - GK - 4/19/1977 - 8 - 4 - Montreal Impact - Montreal, QC
22 - Wagenaar, Joshua - GK - 2/26/1985 - 0 - 0 - ADO Den Haag - Grimsby, ON
2 - Braz, Adam - D - 06/07/1981 - 9 - 0 - Montreal Impact - St. Laurent, QC
3 - Jazic, Ante - D - 2/26/1976 - 15 - 0 - L.A. Galaxy - Halifax, NS
4 - McKenna, Kevin - D - 1/21/1980 - 35 - 9 - Energie Cottbus - Calgary, AB
5 - Hainault, Andrew - D - 6/17/1986 - 0 - 0 - FK Siad Most - Hudson, QC
6 - de Guzman, Julian - M - 3/25/1981 - 17 - 0 - Deportivo La Coruna - Scarborough, ON
7 - Hume, Iain - M/F - 10/30/1983 - 15 - 1 - Leicester City - Brampton, ON
8 - Bernier, Patrice - M - 9/23/1979 - 18 - 0 - Tromso - Brossard, QC
9 - Radzinski, Tomasz - M/F - 12/14/1973 - 31 - 8 - Fulham - Toronto, ON
10 - Friend, Rob - F - 1/23/1981 - 8 - 1 - Heerenveen - Kelowna, BC
11 - Pozniak, Chris - D/M - 01/10/1981 - 16 - 0 - Haugesund FK - Aurora, ON
12 - Serioux, Adrian - D/M - 05/12/1979 - 9 - 0 - Houston Dynamo - Scarborough, ON
13 - Hutchinson, Atiba - D/M - 02/08/1983 - 21 - 2 - FC Copenhagen - Brampton, ON
14 - De Rosario, Dwayne - M/F - 5/15/1978 - 37 - 7 - Houston Dynamo - Scarborough, ON
15 - Nakajima-Farran, Issey - M - 5/16/1984 - 0 - 0 - Vejle Boldklub - Calgary, AB
16 - Nsaliwa, Tam - M/F - 1/28/1982 - 10 - 0 - Palonius - Edmonton, AB

Staff
Colin Linford - Head of Delegation
Stephen Hart - Head Coach
Tony Fonseca - Assistant Coach
Paul Dolan - Goalkeeper Coach
Victor Mendes - Video Coach
Morgan Quarry - Manager
Mike Morettto - Equipment manager
Dave Foley - Physiotherapist
Ted Tilbury - Physiotherapist

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Hart Announces 17-Player Roster for Hungary Friendly
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 05:11:45 PM »
Serioux and Hutchinson could have been playing for T&T... Oh well...

Good luck to meh boy Stevo anyway....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 07:57:08 PM »
A nice squad for Canada with some new blood added: 

Tam Nsaliwa hasn't shown himself for a few years, and he can really help the team and is a welcome addition.  Has always played second-tier in Germany, but is now in the Greek First Division.

Hainault was considered one of the top 10 rookies in the Czech Republic last season.  He is very young, has tons of potential and this will be his first senior cap.

Nice to see Wagenaar get a call.  He played his first full match in the Dutch First Division a few weeks ago.  Another promising youngster with tons of potential.  I hope he plays, but not likely in the cards.

Issey is the surprise pick, and this is great news.  He is young and playing great in a very tough Danish First Division.  He's scoring goals and has attracted interest from Japan.  Looks like he's chosen Canada, great news.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 08:18:47 PM by Winnipeg Fury »

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 08:27:29 PM »
This game will be broadcast live from Hungary on Gol TV Canada:

http://www.channelcanada.com/Article1633.html

"The squads friendly match against Hungary will be broadcast live from Budapest by GOLTV Wednesday, November 15 at 2 pm ET. GOLTV Canada host Lee Godfrey will call the match, joined by popular GOLTV commentator Lindsey Dean."

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 05:45:23 AM »
I see Radzinski finally commit to Canada after all the style he buss when Canada really needed him. Now he is not as big as he use to be and all of a sudden he wants to commit to Canada.....

De Rosario scores some nice goals at times, he isn't a bad player at all, I just cant stand his celebrations after he scores, he looks like a dam ass..... look at Canada team, they talk all the crap about foreign citizens living in Canada and yet they have so many on their roster....

Good luck to Stephen Hart..... meh boy will make me proud and represent we on this site well.....
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 06:21:28 AM by Flex »

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 07:04:00 AM »
I see Radzinski finally commit to Canada after all the style he buss when Canada really needed him. Now he is not as big as he use to be and all of a sudden he wants to commit to Canada.....

De Rosario scores some nice goals at times, he isn't a bad player at all, I just cant stand his celebrations after he scores, he looks like a dam ass..... look at Canada team, they talk all the crap about foreign citizens living in Canada and yet they have so many on their roster....

Good luck to Stephen Hart..... meh boy will make me proud and represent we on this site well.....

Yes, let's hope Hart makes Canada proud.

The vast majority of these players were born and raised in Canada.  None are 'foreign citizens.' 

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 07:09:36 AM »
The vast majority of these players were born and raised in Canada. None are 'foreign citizens.'

I understand this, however, foreigners do play an important role, because their parents migrated to Canada and in turn it benefits Canada and this goes for all countries. I was just clearing up an argument the Canadians had a few months back about how they hate the foreigners in their country.

Also, these players could have played for their parents birth countries if they wanted to but choosed Canada, which nothing is wrong with that.... they are foreigners to some entent even though they were born in Canada, because they have options...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 07:26:23 AM by Flex »

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 07:28:34 AM »
The vast majority of these players were born and raised in Canada. None are 'foreign citizens.'

I understand this, however, foreigners do play an important role, because their parents migrated to Canada and in turn it benefits Canada and this goes for all countries. I was just clearing up an argument the Canadians had a few months back about how they hate the foreigners in their country.

Also, these players could have played for their parents birth countries....

If you are going to make rubbish comments like Canadians 'hate foreigners' then you better be prepared to back yourself up with some details.  I doubt there is a country on the planet that welcomes foreigners more than Canada.

Yes, many of our players had other options.  They are all proud Canadians, and made the right decision.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 07:51:54 AM »

If you are going to make rubbish comments like Canadians 'hate foreigners' then you better be prepared to back yourself up with some details.  I doubt there is a country on the planet that welcomes foreigners more than Canada.

Yes, many of our players had other options.  They are all proud Canadians, and made the right decision.

Welcome? Keep telling yourself that to boost your self esteem.

Good luck to Mr. Hart and team UN Canada.

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 08:12:36 AM »
Wait nah: ah wonder if WF is ah Trini who posing as ah Canadian? Wait nah like TnT  do that man something wrong? then again he could be of English extract.

Notice the use of  language by WF, I quote: "If you are going to make rubbish comments "

Canadians rarely use the term 'rubbish" it's mostly garbage.

What is your point moron ?  Yes, I used the word rubbish.  I must be an English spy living in Canada.

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 08:15:15 AM »

My self-esteem ?  HA !!

Why don't you tell us how Canada has done you wrong ?  If it's such a bad place, why not leave to your beloved T&T ?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 08:35:27 AM »
Calling Dr. Dutty ....

popcorn, mauby and some chillibibbi today
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 09:16:28 AM »

My self-esteem ?  HA !!

Why don't you tell us how Canada has done you wrong ?  If it's such a bad place, why not leave to your beloved T&T ?

As expected.. point proven.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 09:16:36 AM »

If you are going to make rubbish comments like Canadians 'hate foreigners' then you better be prepared to back yourself up with some details.  I doubt there is a country on the planet that welcomes foreigners more than Canada.

Yes, many of our players had other options.  They are all proud Canadians, and made the right decision.

My self-esteem ? HA !!

Why don't you tell us how Canada has done you wrong ? If it's such a bad place, why not leave to your beloved T&T ?

with all due respect mr.fury trinis have done so much for canada, i think a lil respect is needed and what de hell you talking about you are gald they made the right choice, so i presume playing for tt would have been the wrong choice, for your info, who says mr.hart is not using this job as a stepping stone to bigger and better things, like coaching the tt sr team...

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 11:05:09 AM »

If you are going to make rubbish comments like Canadians 'hate foreigners' then you better be prepared to back yourself up with some details.  I doubt there is a country on the planet that welcomes foreigners more than Canada.

Yes, many of our players had other options.  They are all proud Canadians, and made the right decision.

My self-esteem ? HA !!

Why don't you tell us how Canada has done you wrong ? If it's such a bad place, why not leave to your beloved T&T ?

with all due respect mr.fury trinis have done so much for canada, i think a lil respect is needed and what de hell you talking about you are gald they made the right choice, so i presume playing for tt would have been the wrong choice, for your info, who says mr.hart is not using this job as a stepping stone to bigger and better things, like coaching the tt sr team...

'A lil respect' !  All you guys do is slam Canada, and yet this is the country that half of you have chosen to raise your families !  Half of T&T would blow-a-goat to get here, so I guess it can't be that bad.  By the way, the UN just put Canada as one of the top ten places in the world to live.  Yes, ahead the of the USA and T&T.

Yes, T&T would have been the wrong choice.  Hutchison was born and raised in Canada, so why the hell would he play for country that has nothing to do with him ?  He's probably never even been to T&T.  Derosario was born and raised in Canada, as was Peters.  All were Canadian junior players. 

So yes, I can tell you that these players have all made the correct choice.  I can also tell you in all the many interviews I have read with these players, none have ever made mention of T&T in any context.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 12:02:16 PM »
Wed Nov 15 02:00PM Eastern
Length: 2 hr     LIVE
GolTV (US)
International Friendly - UEFA/CONCACAF
Hungary vs Canada

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2006, 12:29:52 PM »
CTV sports net  eh brining these games again
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2006, 12:45:26 PM »
CTV sports net  eh brining these games again

The CSA just signed a longterm contract with CBC for broadcasting rights, so I doubt Sportsnet will invest much into soccer coverage over the next year.  They rarely covered these games abroad, so CBC can't do a worse job.

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2006, 05:34:48 PM »
Couple quotes from Issey...

- I'm really nervous, because playing for the national team of one of the three nations I can represent is a dream come true. I was very surprised two days ago, when the CSA called me to tell me I was selected for Canada's A-squad.

- I am honoured to be selected for Canada's national team. Most of my family members live in Canada, so representing Canada is like representing my family.

http://www.vejle-boldklub.dk/news.aspx?NewsID=6375cea4-70a9-11db-ab3f-001022fe44d4

Other comments say:

-excellent dribbler
-good shot technique
-explosive
-can play on either wing

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2006, 05:45:38 PM »

- I'm really nervous, because playing for the national team of one of the three nations I can represent is a dream come true. I was very surprised two days ago, when the CSA called me to tell me I was selected for Canada's A-squad.

- I am honoured to be selected for Canada's national team. Most of my family members live in Canada, so representing Canada is like representing my family.

http://www.vejle-boldklub.dk/news.aspx?NewsID=6375cea4-70a9-11db-ab3f-001022fe44d4

Other comments say:

-excellent dribbler
-good shot technique
-explosive
-can play on either wing

if canada only get a coach like leo

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2006, 08:20:10 PM »

Canada will never have Leo, because Canada could never afford Leo.

The CSA's operating budget is 13 million (Canadian) annually.  We have extensive youth teams for both our boys and girls, and our Women are ranked top 10 in the world.  So between all the programs, there is very little left for a big name coach like 'Leo.'

That said, the CSA have just fired their COO, Kevan Pipe, who has run the CSA for the past 21 years.  Our new board has said they want a new direction with more emphasis for our mens World Cup program.   With a new 20,000 seat soccer specific stadium in Toronto, Toronto FC taking the field in MLS, and a new Technical Director, Men's Coach, and COO, we are hopeful that this overhaul of our program will be positive for Canadian soccer

Other comments say:

-excellent dribbler
-good shot technique
-explosive
-can play on either wing

if canada only get a coach like leo

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2006, 08:28:09 PM »
Well Hart is only Canada's temporary head coach, maybe Toronto FC might be a better move if he can get a permanent deal, I heard he was offered the position with them.

Its hard to believe that a big country like Canada does not have the money to afford a good coach, not that Stephan Hart is no good, but I meant someone with a big status.... say what, maybe Stephan will prove many wrong, after all, he is a Trini and was a great baller, I wish him well and I hope he stay as Canada coach for a very long time, I will support him 100% once Canada not playing T&T....

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 12:22:34 AM »
WF haul yuh mudda cunny; who da fack yuh calling moron? I ever question your mental capacity? I simply said yuh must be an extarct from another place due to your use of language. Like ah hit ah nerve? wha happen yuh still denying yuh heritage? yuh so caught up in the Canada thing yuh cyar see the yampie in yuh eyes?

Maybe yuh is ah flipping Jamaican extract? one thing is though is  yuh does come in here just to write yuh praises of Canada. Never once  have yuh come in her and give praises to TNT's accomplishments. So yuh know WF  I agree tuh have  nothing more to say to you. You exemplify typical 'small mindness hypocritical behaviour' come in here to  pretent yuh laughing and ole talking when in fact  yuh just want to put down; man one more time go spend time on the 4king vouyagers site nah.

How many times are you going to tell me that you have nothing to say to me ?  f**k off already, you are an idiot.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2006, 12:37:01 PM »
True meh mother always said to me  " if you dont have anything good to say, then......" ah go take her advice.

But ah still think yuh ah a typical canadian male bullshitter/ hypocrite and full of yuh self.

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 01:18:14 PM »
True meh mother always said to me  " if you dont have anything good to say, then......" ah go take her advice.

But ah still think yuh ah a typical canadian male bullshitter/ hypocrite and full of yuh self.

Your mother also called you a complete idiot.  Now go to your room.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2006, 09:33:25 PM »
If it gives you satisfaction to make such a proclamation, then take pleasure in such simple disparaging remarks. You have  been sniffing too much of that raify air on Portage and Main; It's time you climb out of the 'Peg and get a life.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 11:27:42 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 07:21:26 AM »
If it gives you satisfaction to make such a proclamation, then take pleasure in such simple disparaging remarks. You have  been sniffing too much of that raify air on Portage and Main; It's time you climb out of the 'Peg and get a life.

What is that now ?  About 37 times that you have proclaimed to everyone that you are done speaking to me ? 

You are like an old teenage girlfriend that turns into a bug after a good shagging.

Get a life idiot ! 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 07:26:53 AM by Winnipeg Fury »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 08:08:19 AM »
 :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl: "old teenage girlfriend that turns into a bug after a good shagging." who you really trying to fool.. what would you ever know about girlfriend? Brokeback MF  :rotfl:  :rotfl: thanks for the laugh though.

BTW halloween over..time to take off the white suit and cone shaped hat...oh and it's a fire harzard to leave that cross burning like that.

I bess shut up or you'll tell me to go back to "your sweet TnT".

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2006, 08:25:26 AM »
:rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl: "old teenage girlfriend that turns into a bug after a good shagging." who you really trying to fool.. what would you ever know about girlfriend? Brokeback MF  :rotfl:  :rotfl: thanks for the laugh though.

BTW halloween over..time to take off the white suit and cone shaped hat...oh and it's a fire harzard to leave that cross burning like that.

I bess shut up or you'll tell me to go back to "your sweet TnT".

I don't think I used the word 'sweet.' ;)

I'm not kidding about the English Princess being a bug.  He's actually started e-mailing me at home.  He's worse than a jilted lover.

1]; } ?>