March 29, 2024, 01:26:49 AM

Author Topic: What is your lowest moment as a football diehard?  (Read 10159 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What is your lowest moment as a football diehard?
« on: November 07, 2006, 06:51:05 PM »
For Arsenal fans it may be losing to Barcelona in the CL final after some shady refereeing (according to the Arsenal fans themselves)

For Man United fans it could be what transpired today  :devil:

For relatively young T&T fans who can't recall the full blow of 1989, it could be various attempts to qualify in games since then - even in the 2006 attempt - or losing to England, or dat 1-1 draw with Bahrain dat had everybody twitching and bitter for a good few days

For de older heads, it could be what happened in 1974 versus Haiti.

allyuh get my drift. Now reflect on your lifelong experiences with T&T football, or de history of yuh club, and let we see what some forumites used to grieve about (or still are).

« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 06:53:52 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What is your lowest moment as a football diehard?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 07:10:36 PM »
Has to be 1989.  :'(

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 07:13:14 PM »
What stop me goin to the stadium foryears was in 1988 when Jerren Nixonwas an Under 16. We came through the first wrong unbeaten including beating the US. In the 2nd round Canada beat we then we draw with somebody cyah remember and thenin the final game whenhe have tobeat the US we lost with a late goal. man I wanted to cuss.

For my salvation sake I say J stay away fromthe stadium support but stay away.

Of couse Nov 19 1989. I was in my 1st yr in UWI in JA and when we lost I could not even call home because of the backward phone system. It was hard real hard.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 07:22:21 PM »
What stop me goin to the stadium foryears was in 1988 when Jerren Nixonwas an Under 16. We came through the first wrong unbeaten including beating the US. In the 2nd round Canada beat we then we draw with somebody cyah remember and thenin the final game whenhe have tobeat the US we lost with a late goal. man I wanted to cuss.

For my salvation sake I say J stay away fromthe stadium support but stay away.

Of couse Nov 19 1989. I was in my 1st yr in UWI in JA and when we lost I could not even call home because of the backward phone system. It was hard real hard.

Yes Ja still have backward phone system, but at least we finally made it  :D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 07:33:35 PM »

November 19, 1989 to be exact.  Doh get any lower dan dat.  Dat traumatise a generation until November 16, 2005.  Matter of fact, ah goin home now and watch dah Bahrain game again.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 07:36:11 PM »
Thank God we finally made it is the understatement of the century.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 07:38:45 PM »

November 19, 1989 to be exact.  Doh get any lower dan dat.  Dat traumatise a generation until November 16, 2005.  Matter of fact, ah goin home now and watch dah Bahrain game again.

I watch de sweden match every night before i go to bed. :wavetowel:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 07:45:58 PM »
December 1973 against Haiti. Cant find the exact day. 10th or 11th maybe

THE GREATEST DAY was June 10 2006 against Sweden.  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

"At Dortmund on June 10, as Sweden swarmed the outnumbered Warriors in World Cup battle, Yorke stood firm with a combination of successful tackles and smart interceptions that were matched by a spectacular show from goalkeeper Shaka Hislop."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 07:54:43 PM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 08:26:12 PM »
whattt...big topic. i have had plenty.

Nov 19th 1989, meh earth strong to boot, having to take that loss as an 11 yr old was hard, parents couldn't say nothing to console meh.

1990, Pres went tobago to play signal hill and them tobago rangotang hit allahar in his head with a piece of wood or something so. we lors the game and play the next match in protest...eldo or gustine or some one of them east schools put like 5 or 6 on us, if i remember correctly one of we subs score a long range shot tho. the funny thing was that the bench give a kind of sarcastic cheer when the fella score.

this year i had two, arsenal lost to barca. that one hurt cuz i wanted them to win to rub it in the faces of all the haters.

then france lost on penalties, i really feel it for hnery more than anything, that is real sourness to reach 2 big finals and lose both.

there were some lean times in pres in the mid 90s also, schools like ptown put the hurt on us a couple times. i remember one time jurawan put a stink wrong address or cutback on corbie.  steups, i might be wrong but i know he put it on some pres player.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 08:27:48 PM »
no game was ever more important. NOV 19TH 89 was the ultimate disappointment

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 08:34:54 PM »
i was born in 90'  so i never experienced d hurt of 89'

but i have had good bit of low moments...

not in order:

Utd losing to Benfica(05-06)...Utd getting knocked out by Porto(03-04)

Utd losing to assanal at home(06-07) and in FA Cup final  after completely outplaying them for 120 mins (04-05)

Utd losing to Chelsea(05-06)

England losing to Portugal (euro 04' and world cup 06')

Tnt... Ja loss at home in hex....   Canada loss at gold cup....  5-1 Guatemala loss...   Colombia loss in gold cup 05'..... Loss against Paraguay...   Draw with Bahrain 1-1...

When Becks and Ruud left Utd....

as you can see i suffered alot lol

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 09:57:34 PM »
SM if u born in 90 I sure in your mother's womb u felt the hurt of Nov 19

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 10:17:27 PM »
Definitely Nov 19, 89 after dat dreadful day I felt like I walked through the valley of the shadow of death......Until....that great day of Nov 16, 05...God came and walked with me in the valley and delivered me from evil...he saved me from what seemed an eternity in football hell...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 10:19:37 PM by Warrior King »
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 11:23:06 PM »
On that dreadful day, 1 wk 1 day after my 17th b/day...I went into skinner park, paid my 5 dollars way in advance to watch the game on the big screen, hoping to continue my b/day celebrations with the big DJ sound systems already setup for the big fete. Walked around with ah big smile on me face meeting up all my friends preparing for what was to be the biggest day in our history, we done have ah holiday the next day, everything red sellout....but in the end all that was left was 1 million people with red eyes and disappointment! That was the lowest of lows for me..and I would never forget that day. But there was a rainbow after all, even though it took 16 long yrs to show up, but it did and I am happy to also witness the highest of highs  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 04:16:04 AM »

I concur...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 05:30:04 AM »
When Spurs lost to West Ham on the last day of the season and missed out on Champions League football to Arsenal.

But then again, it will make it even sweeter when we do get in the Champions League, just like it was that bit sweeter to beat Chelsea after so many years.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 05:48:29 AM »

1990, Pres went tobago to play signal hill and them tobago rangotang hit allahar in his head with a piece of wood or something so. we lors the game and play the next match in protest...eldo or gustine or some one of them east schools put like 5 or 6 on us, if i remember correctly one of we subs score a long range shot tho. the funny thing was that the bench give a kind of sarcastic cheer when the fella score.

Ah sorry Fari, but dat was one a de sweetest Intercol match I ever take in.....and to be honest mih eh see ah single thing in de game till around de 80th minute when Pres. Score....before dat ah was too busy jumping to a boss Riddim Section it has going....when Pres score de whole ah Shaw Park came to a complete standstill....
Den we hit all yuh back in bout de space a 5 minutes....ah think de game end 3-1....
Den it was St. Augustine all yuh play in the 3rd place play offs and dey hit all yuh some ridiculous figure like 10 or 11......(double check dat eh, but ah remember de score was real outrageous)...

p.s mih ent no rangotang.... ;D

Anywho.....I digress....NOVEMBER 19TH 1989   :'(.....have to be de lowest....ah was 15 at de time....now in 5th Form....we done start to party home aready long before de game start and finish.....ah never did come up with an adjective to describe how dat game leave me feeling for 16 years.....ah hollowness dat November 16th 2005 cure!!!.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 06:59:50 AM »
Had to be 1989, I remember after the game. I told my father i needed to go to the bathroom to pee and I started to cry. I did not want to show my parents I was crying even though I was twelve.

Benedicts loosing big 5 and intercol in 1995.

Latas leaving the field after the Paraguay game. It brought some sad emotions on. The Little Genuis would never don our colours again and that made me sad.

Gazza's tears in Italia 90.

Cheated by that lanky assed Crouch and knowing that dem ref ah do nutten.....

Last match ah ever play in Highschool. Man I started to cry at the 77min.

The death of Mike Forgenie.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 07:53:00 AM »
1973 in Haiti dat hurt because of two reasons Robbery and Not going to the WC.
1989 Ooch!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 08:39:41 AM »
Ah fuhget....1 more.  It wasn't de lowest..but meh 2nd lowest

Brazil lorse 3-2 to Italy in WC 1982.  Fuss and only time ah ever cry after a football match.  On November 19, 1989...ah was in de stadium and ah couldn't even cry...ah was jes too numb.  But dat Brazil lorse did bring meh to tears.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 08:47:56 AM »
Nov. 19, 1989. I never had a tabanca like that football tabanca after that game. I couldn't fall asleep that night I was good depressed. I never want to feel that way again and I guess after Nov 16, 2005 nothing in football could hurt as much.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 08:51:17 AM »
My lowest football moment ,is when I moved to Canada ....and realize I will never ever be able to play small goal everyday AGAIN!!    :'(  :'(

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 08:56:59 AM »
1st: nov. 19, 1989

2nd: the disappointing world cup qualification campaign for the 94 world cup after coming so close in 89.

3rd: the embarrassing world cup qualification campaign for the 98 world cup.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 08:59:16 AM »
November 19, 1989
that was the lowest of low and if we had lose to Bahrain I think I might have given up on football for ever.
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2006, 09:07:57 AM »
In school it's a tie between when we were up 2-0 to Fatima on we grounds and Marvin Raeburn put in one of the most spectacular performances I've ever seen of a schoolboy and we lost 3-2 or when we take a 5-0 beating from QRC on QRC grounds.

1986 when Brazil got knocked out on penalties by France and again in 1998 getting blown out by France in the final. With T&T playing in this year's WC it didn't hurt as much to have them get knocked out, plus they weren't playing great football.

The winner is November 19th 1989. I was in form 1. I could remember my mother cussing a man who was pushing me. To heap on all the insult of the pressure to get into the stadium we lost... that was the low point for me.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 09:15:16 AM by dwolfman »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006, 09:13:00 AM »
1st: November 19, 1989

2nd: I doh care, who vex loss.. When Baggio kick that penalty overbars in the 1994 world cup because he is my favorite player of all time, and esp because he never kick no penalty so in serie A prior to that.. it was a total shock, i nearly cry with that one.. Yes i was backing italy all the way!!!

3rd: when that crouch goal went in.. i was real low for all of 10 minutes until i walk down the steps leading out the stadium and realize is fete... all sourness wash away

4th: When Caniggia scored that goal against brazil in the 1990 world cup off the pass from maradona.. totally againsit the run of play, cause brazil had them under the gun... i think alemao hit post with two successive bullet just before that

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 09:35:11 AM »
Alyuh men memory short or alyuh just get numb after 89.

Now really and truly no arsenal lorse or no club or other country game could phase me as I get accustommed to taking lix as a TT supporter...but they have some cutarse we collect that hurt meh bad. It had more to do with meh surroundings and who I was with than the actual game itself.

Also other campaigns have meh bitter and also games in the other age groups where we coulda qualify and then do shit in the last game.

Lowest moment for me have to be 89....sitting down in that stadium wasn't easy:

Other worse moments in no particular order.

Losing to JA on Ash wed in the 2001 Hex...Me alone in meh TT jersey in Miami with over 1000 Jakans in the omni areana watching it on a screen. The 25 or so other trinis did not wear red...dey didnt sing the national anthem and dey feel shame. I alone defend we and get some good cuss and beer pelt on me and cup and thing....This mudder arse Tyrone Marshall...he will never score a fluke like that in history. And Yorke and Stern..steupss...score a kiss meh arse hattrick vs Arsenal 3 days before and use out all he magic dust. and couldnt score on JA 3rd string keeper who collect he first cap... Stern just was stern.

The whet we  get in Saprissa from Costa Rica under Porterfield it was about 4.......Cyd was labelled the ultimate shithound and never recover until Beenie give him a chance...he still tootoo down heself in the goldcup but that day Medford and Wanchope beat him and rinse him inside and out.The side just show no fight no ambition nuttin.

The 7 we collect in Mexico........that game send Shurland David mad....rumor was dey start to call d man Blanco...fuss he get tun up.

Gold Cup loss to Canada.

A time we had USA 2-0...Dwarika score in a Gold Cup match and I say yessss.....we doing it.....Only to lorse 3-2.

We had a rough patch when Porters now come when Vincey beat we, Bdos draw with we and we crown it off by collecting 4 in the Stadium from Jamaica...Dwarika went in on Onandi lowe full blade and get swat orf like a fly....Lemme tell alyuh something...Dat was RF greatest moment and crowning glory on this site. He never smile and coast on we so much since dat day.

When bertille went with a local squad and we get wash in a Digicel cup losing to Cuba, Bimshire run we and some other small sland beat we.That happen just the other day when seabra was playing.

The 4 we collect from scotland and d shit we play...even doe man here say we beating scotland. Imagine Quashie from portsmouth and this next shithound from Manu (I think it was fletcher) was schooling we.

I sit up a morning about 2am on meh computer and see we lorse to Thailand...watching on a windows media screen. When I tell yuh I cuss. I say some flicking midget and all roughing we up...how low can you go.

The 5 from guatemala

The last 16minutes from the end when Guatemala score to make it 2-1 in the stadium and I say our World Cup dream is over. Thank You stern for cussing we and scoring.

Playing shit vs St Kitts and Vincey when Bertie was in charge.

When England score with 10 min to go.....I really thought we coulda do it. That goal hurt meh like yuh wouldnt believe.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 09:58:31 AM »
I was in de stadium in 89.....buh i was 2 years old at the time so it eh really sink in to me.
When i was in form 1 and was my first intercol....think we loss 3-2 to st anthonys.....dat drive me to tears.
Form 3 when we was playing eldo in de veledrome...and had to play into some hurricane strength wind.....Scott sealy hit a bullet dat went overbars....fus de breeze strong....de ball blow back into play.We was 2-0 down....den come back 2 all...den loss on penalties.
Not getting a chance to see the guatemala game from this hex gone here......had to depend on livescore.com......see 0-0 for de whole game.....say....YES we gettin a point!......den as de 90 minute mark come up.....jus see 5-1.....since den i cyar trust livescore.
Touches call some ah dem games dey....de 4 from jamacia kill me too. Digicel cup was de worst.
Dat england game.....i lie down depressed....cuz dat day real madness went on wit me dat jus cap it of.
Brazil in world cup 98 and 2006....both at the hands of france.
Had some others too....but those were the major ones.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 10:01:53 AM »
The whet we  get in Saprissa from Costa Rica under Porterfield it was about 4.......Cyd was labelled the ultimate shithound and never recover until Beenie give him a chance...he still tootoo down heself in the goldcup but that day Medford and Wanchope beat him and rinse him inside and out.The side just show no fight no ambition nuttin.

With all due respect, even though i sure this topic get beat out on this site back in dem days, that was all PORTERFIELD fault... i mean, how you will watch medford continuously abuse one man for so long and do nothing to stop it? that is torture! sadomasochism!!

cyd even try to cuff down de man and escape a red.. then still get beat.....

hurt a man confidence like that?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 10:28:39 AM »

With all due respect, even though i sure this topic get beat out on this site back in dem days, that was all PORTERFIELD fault... i mean, how you will watch medford continuously abuse one man for so long and do nothing to stop it? that is torture! sadomasochism!!

cyd even try to cuff down de man and escape a red.. then still get beat.....

hurt a man confidence like that?

Angus Eve also have tuh take some responsibility. He wasn't helping Cyd ah tall, he was exposing him.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>