March 29, 2024, 06:57:17 AM

Author Topic: What is your lowest moment as a football diehard?  (Read 10162 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What is your lowest moment as a football diehard?
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2006, 11:11:02 AM »
Also, dat England goal after holding on for so long was really hard to take but like another post said....by de time I hit de stairs and see de sea of red.....all feelings of sorrow gone yes....aint no fans like us!!!..... ;)

Gerrard's goal hurt me far more than Crouch's goal. Dat was like adding insult to injury. After Crouch score I say well we have some time, we pushing, we could still pull off something. But Gerrard come jess so and it was like all the fight we fight come to nothing in that moment.

I was liming with Dutty, dragon, Hoe, chinee_boi, Ras I and a Toronto crew fuh de England game..I couldn't even lime with them after, fuss I was dejected...when Gerrard score I walk oustside, sit dong on the pavement and hold meh head. A Rasta feller come sit down next to me and start saying how this team does always make yuh cry etc etc. We run back inside at the uproar when Stern score, but dey say offside and that jess get meh plain bitter.

When I watch Shaka face after Gerrard score...I real feel fuh de man.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2006, 11:15:09 AM »
Must be watching when the Bahrain man kick the ball out of Kelvin Jack hands and score.

Was like a Matrix moment oui.  Waiting to see what the referee was going and do was just pressure.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2006, 11:17:08 AM »

70's

Peru sellout to Argentina.
Holland lost in the final.

Bredo, I remember watching Peru play dat game and was so mad dat Brazil going home without losing a game.  I remember reading in the papers dat the the only man dat could have travelled home to Peru was Cubillas (most likely ah spelling the brother name wrong), but he fight hard agains Argentina in that game.  Big time sell out.  :'( :'(

As for the final.  As much as I did liek Kempes and Ardilles, ah really wanted the Dutch to win.  Dat game had really drama.  Wicked memories but a low point nonetheless.  :'( :'(

The funny thing is that it had real people pile in home by me to watch the game on a little black and white television. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Blessings

Man, you eh lie.  I think everybody everywhere was piling up in people house to watch dem games.  The atmosphere that those Argentinian people created for that WC is probably one of the most exciting environments I have ever seen on tv for a tournament.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2006, 07:25:56 PM »
Has to be 1989.  :'(

November 19, 1989 to be exact.  Doh get any lower dan dat.  Dat traumatise a generation until November 16, 2005.  Matter of fact, ah goin home now and watch dah Bahrain game again.

Yep, i was barely old enough in primary school to remember the excitement of november 19. i didn't know at the time though that all we had to do was tie. i just knew at the time that it was a big day and we were supposed to mash up the yankees.
     but i eh go lie . our 2002 qualifying campaigh really had me depressed for over a year or two after it became clear we wouldn't qualify. i really thought that was our year.
                since you talking moments, i agree that it's november 19th, 1989.
         november 16th, 2005, well, that ended 16 years of misery. it showed me that there is a God and that God is a trini. i still  cry every time i look at that replay of dennis lawrence scoring that goal.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 07:28:06 PM by legal alien »

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2006, 09:12:26 PM »
well definitely nov 19th..i was there and it still hurts to think that one goal cud inflict such pain. brazil losing to france in 86...italy losing in 94. the only reason that hurt was because baggio carried that team on he back and for him to miss that penalty hurt alot. st. marys' looking the way they do right now!!! that shit still hurting!!! :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2006, 08:25:09 AM »
1st: nov. 19, 1989

2nd: the disappointing world cup qualification campaign for the 94 world cup after coming so close in 89.

3rd: the embarrassing world cup qualification campaign for the 98 world cup.

Add 2001 when our campaign ended up in disgrace.  My hopes got built up when we beat Mexico in the stadium with a Latas rocket, and then dashed to pieces as we got 1 point out of 27 possible in the first 9 games.
Plus I was in Howard when we lose 1-0 in Jamaica and I had to deal wit all dese bumboclaats givin me talk.

Those were some hard times.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 09:02:09 AM by Peong »

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2006, 11:01:50 AM »
1994 - Italy losing at the 94 world cup on penalties
to quote from the great Baggio,
"I made a mistake in 1994 and my countrey lost... for years later i decided to take another penalty. How many people watching belived i could do it, I'll neve know, what mattered was that I believed..." Roberto Baggio (Johnny walker ad)

2002 - The under-rated Germans made it to the finals of the World Cup. I was called german dog/pig but i supported them till the end.. straight tuh the Brazil defeat.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2006, 02:47:54 PM »
In the international area

Rossi 3 against Brazil in 82. The penalty that Zico and then Socrates miss against France in the PK's in 86. That feeling was a foreunner to how I felt on Nov 19th.

Cannigia goal in 90 Brazil play all over them and lose. Thank God in 94 we won the WC. Back to distress when France obeah Ronaldo  in 98. Thank God for 2006 and the redemption of 2002. Th elose in 2006 eh hurt meh so bad ans ehe Soca Warriors was at the party.

Brazil og gorm all yuh does age me.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2006, 02:59:57 PM »
1st: nov. 19, 1989

2nd: the disappointing world cup qualification campaign for the 94 world cup after coming so close in 89.

3rd: the embarrassing world cup qualification campaign for the 98 world cup.

Add 2001 when our campaign ended up in disgrace.  My hopes got built up when we beat Mexico in the stadium with a Latas rocket, and then dashed to pieces as we got 1 point out of 27 possible in the first 9 games.
Plus I was in Howard when we lose 1-0 in Jamaica and I had to deal wit all dese bumboclaats givin me talk.

Those were some hard times.

ha yes i remember that also that was real hard ..... buh it was a lucky win
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2006, 07:12:08 PM »
zidane this summer...

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2006, 09:08:23 AM »
1989 for sure. I was so hyped up that we were going to Italy, only for us to lose. That was a bitter pill to swallow.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2006, 09:14:59 AM »

1]; } ?>