April 26, 2024, 03:37:29 PM

Author Topic: RESUME OF WEARY 1969  (Read 5742 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
RESUME OF WEARY 1969
« on: November 07, 2006, 09:40:06 PM »
Weary 1969

As an avid sports fan, I have utilized my professional training with my love for sport. My first degree is in Social Work and for my undergraduate dissertation; the role of sport and professional development was examined. A comparison between athletes and non-athletes in a male high school in Jamaica examined the levels of loyalty, teamwork and commitment of both set of students.

My postgraduate qualifications include a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with a specialization in Human Resource Management. This has afforded me the opportunity to be involved in the development and execution of Life Skills Programmes.

For the past twelve (12) years, I have been working with the youth of the Morvant community, having served as a Youth Leader, Mentor and Board Member of the Open Bible Church on the Rock. At the Board level, my responsibility is for Education and Training. 

It is because of my love for sports, my commitment to developing individuals, especially those from disadvantaged communities and my academic qualifications, I firmly believe that I can make a worthwhile and lasting contribution to the development of footballers in Trinidad and Tobago.

I am also available to provide counselling services for footballers who may be experiencing psychosocial issues.

RESUME
EMPLOYMENT

MANAGER EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMME    YEARS EMPLOYED: (MAY 2003- PRESENT)
Ministry of Education                

Responsible for establishing the EAP Unit within the Ministry. This encompasses the development of Terms of Reference for the issuance of a tender for the acquisition of the Service Provider. The TOR included the services that are being contracted.

The Ministry’s point person to insure that there is value for money in the services. This includes the evaluation of the programme. 

TRAINER: YEARS EMPLOYED AUGUST – OCTOBER 2006
TSTT
Responsible for the delivery of Customer Service Training to outlets that carry the b mobile brand

LIFE SKILL FACILITATOR: YEARS EMPLOYED: OCTOBER 2004-
   PRESENT)
Youth Training and Employment Partnership Programme
Ministry of Science Technology and Tertiary Education- Retraining Unit

Developing and implementing Life Skills programmes.

LECTURER:       YEARS EMPLOYED: (JANUARY 2005-PRESENT)
            Institute of Training and Development (INTAD)
   Institute of Tertiary Tutors (ITT)

Developing and lecturing modules in Strategic Human Resource Management
                  Supervisory and Advance Supervisory Management

HUMAN RESOURCE PROFESSIONAL   YEARS EMPLOYED: (SEPTEMBER 2000 – MAY 2003)
            Trinidad and Tobago Police Service

Responsible for the establishing and the provision of EAP Services. This included the development of the policy document. A policy for the management of Critical Incidents was developed.

Developing and implementing Human Resource Development programmes.

Supervision of University of the West Indies students on their practicum training.

MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER YEARS EMPLOYED: (JANUARY 1993-AUGUST 2000)
   Ministry of Health

Provision of counseling services
   Developing and implementing health promotion programmes.
           Supervision of University of West Indies students on their practicum training.

EDUCATION

INTERNATIONAL MASTERS. IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION     YEARS ATTENDED
   (2000- 2003)
   Specialization in Human Resource Management
   UWI-Institute of Business   

B.SC. IN SOCIAL WORK   YEARS ATTENDED: (1989 - 1992)
   University of the West Indies - Mona, Jamaica

Second Class Honours (Lower Division)

CERTIFICATE IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
YEARS ATTENDED: (SEPTEMBER 1995-JULY 1996)

DIPLOMA IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
YEARS ATTENDED: (SEPTEMBER 1996-JULY 1997)

CIPRIANI COLLEGE OF LABOUR AND COOPERATIVE STUDIES

INTERESTS:                                  Open Bible Church on the Rock
                                                  Board Member
                                                  Responsibility for Education and Training
           Executive Member of the Youth Ministry
                                                  Responsibility for Administrative Duties
                                                  Inter School/ Inter Varsity Christian Fellowship
                                   Camps Committee Member and Camp

Counselor

REFERENCES:                                         Reverend Benjamin Agard
                                                  Open Bible Church on the Rock
                                                  Lady Young Road
                                                  Morvant
                     Telephone: 675-2591

Wayne Baptiste
                           Operations Manager
                  Expediters Services Limited
                  29 Drayton Street
                  San Fernando
                                                                    Telephone 652-2456

Glen Roach
                          Deputy Commissioner of Police
                                                          Police Administration Building
                                                          Corner Sackville and Edward Street
                                                          Port of Spain
                                                            Telephone: 623-8426
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 06:26:27 AM by Flex »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: RESUME OF WEARY 1969
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 07:57:55 PM »
Hi Joann

Understand you've been speaking to Alison. He seems impressed with you!!

I hope you are able to help out. I know you are tied up until next year, but at the moment we can only afford volunteers anyway!

I would like to think that by next year, we will be able to employ professionals like yourself. In the meantime, as a private project, can you and I work on developing a programme that we can present to FPATT,the ProLeague and the government. I believe that if its properly constructed,we may be able to get govt funding with the support of the ProLeague. The ProLeague have invited me out to T&T to discuss this type of issue, and I would expect to return around August. My aim is to have proposals in place to put before them as an FPATT/ ProLeague joint initiative.

The areas I would like to address are:

A standard further education plan for football scholars aged 16-18 to run alongside their football development. Many scholars will not attain professional standing, so at least they would have achieved further qualifications while they followed their dream and will have a better chance of landing a good job outside football. Whether, this be vocational training or academic studies or a choice of either.

I would also like to develop vocational or academic courses for older professionals nearing retirement.

I would like to develop coaching courses so that players have the confidence to study an area that they feel comfortable in. They may then have the confidence to begin further educational courses. Also, this would lead to better coaching standards and make coaches available to the community.

By promoting football coaching in the poorer areas in conjunction with the ProLeague clubs and players, we can turn younger kids away from drugs and crime.

We may also work alongside the larger employers to provide players with the necessary skill sets they require, and create "apprenteships" with a guaranteed job after football.

Please let me know your feelings on this idea.

look forward to hearing from you.

Kev

1]; } ?>