March 29, 2024, 08:44:10 AM

Author Topic: That Player Who Never Reached Their Potential!?!  (Read 25682 times)

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: That Player Who Never Reached Their Potential!?!
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2006, 07:30:15 PM »
Latapy,Rahim,Dwarika,Requelme and kluivert

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 07:47:41 PM »

Vijay Samaroo

I played against him many times and feel he was only hype for de leagues..... I think that he reach whey he was supposed to be.

I beg to differ. This fella was real good ... played against him while he played with Gasparillo Youths .....man was genuine ... not sure what happened
 :beermug:

Aye Cowen I played with Gasparillo Youths and Gasparillo Ambassadors. Who you was playing for back then Union Hall or Marabella Youths or PaP.....?

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 07:56:57 PM »
Ah pick Latapy, but ah not sure if it should be potential or not geeting de right break. Cuz de skill and touch de breddah have, he should have played for ah club big as Man U, or better. No disrespect tuh Yorkie, but Latapy should have achieved the things he did and more. I would also definitely add Dwarika. Internationally, ah would go wid Ortega from Argentina, dat man was being called de next Maradona, by a lot of people. Some how or de other, he reach ah brick wall and stop right dey. Bless.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 05:36:20 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2006, 08:04:01 PM »
I'd have to go with shawn garcia , brent rahim , marcelle , jamerson , sherwood , ivan sampson , kona hislop....faustin didnt really get an opportunity ya know but he talented i guess dwarika...on an international level I'd go with ariel ortega , anelka , cisse , god this is an endless list to be real

fully agreed with yuh list...but differ on kona hislop. injuries kill him while he was playin pro in england.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2006, 08:09:32 PM »
Marvin Raeburn.....bess left footed schoolboy in Colleges league with speed.

Sean Boney....we lorse a beast, he making Onandi Lowe look small.

D Moze brothers....not the keeper or the youngest one, the other two.

Darren Lewis

Brent Rahim...Imagine this man went Newcastle as a schoolboy and pop down

Leslie Fitzpatrick...Went Roda JC as a schoolboy

Martin Robertson...A short white boy for QRC who had a bess touch.

Miguel Mitchel......dat coulda beat and tun up men

Sterling Smith

Jeremy Shortt

Marvin Oliver....when he was younger that was tears.

Wesley Webb another man who just fall orf d radar.

Clint Marcelle

Stern John......what Stern was in Columbus crew...to Forest...to what he is now.

Silvio Spann

Hardest

Anthony Sherwood....he never recover from dat break foot he get in the stadium.

Dwarika...described by the Scottish as the most skilful since Pele. Arnold was d fist player to do behind d back chip pass the length of the field accurately.

Nixon

Richard Theodore....Rip

This fella who in jail for selling drugs Adrian Narine...Narine was lil mad but he was Joe Public big player for a lil while.

The one who get discovered too late...Reynold Carrington

Evans Wise

St Anthonys and Fatima men go remember this indian youth...Gary Gibbings....he had potential. Whatever happen to he?

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2006, 08:26:22 PM »
Marvin Raeburn.....bess left footed schoolboy in Colleges league with speed.

Sean Boney....we lorse a beast, he making Onandi Lowe look small.

D Moze brothers....not the keeper or the youngest one, the other two.

Darren Lewis

Brent Rahim...Imagine this man went Newcastle as a schoolboy and pop down

Leslie Fitzpatrick...Went Roda JC as a schoolboy

Martin Robertson...A short white boy for QRC who had a bess touch.

Miguel Mitchel......dat coulda beat and tun up men

Sterling Smith

Jeremy Shortt

Marvin Oliver....when he was younger that was tears.

Wesley Webb another man who just fall orf d radar.

Clint Marcelle

Stern John......what Stern was in Columbus crew...to Forest...to what he is now.

Silvio Spann

Hardest

Anthony Sherwood....he never recover from dat break foot he get in the stadium.

Dwarika...described by the Scottish as the most skilful since Pele. Arnold was d fist player to do behind d back chip pass the length of the field accurately.

Nixon

Richard Theodore....Rip

This fella who in jail for selling drugs Adrian Narine...Narine was lil mad but he was Joe Public big player for a lil while.

The one who get discovered too late...Reynold Carrington

Evans Wise

St Anthonys and Fatima men go remember this indian youth...Gary Gibbings....he had potential. Whatever happen to he?

martin robertson had great touch...he ended up in holland and to my knowledge he still might be there(psv) and miguel mitchell was playing pro in canada but he has a serious illness which shortened his career. but all and all yuh list is on point. and as for gary de last i know he was in new york playin for ah trini team there.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 08:32:15 PM by fordy »

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2006, 08:31:28 PM »

MICHAEL FORGINE - RIP

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 08:57:44 PM by marcus »

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2006, 08:32:55 PM »
We cyar leave out ....

Colvin Hutchinson... this man made the trip to Aston Villa in 1988 with Dwight Yorke on the opportunity of a lifetime....

while Dwight lived the English dream..this guy came back home and practically faded into society..  I cannot even remember this guy in a warriors uniform there after... and if he did ..it probably was not for major competition...

Latapy never played in the EPL, La Liga or Serie A.. so I guess you can say he never reached his potential..
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2006, 08:33:51 PM »
nicholas benjamin, garvin leacock, jason suite, zane obrien

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2006, 09:19:16 PM »
nicholas benjamin, garvin leacock, jason suite, zane obrien

Due respect tuh yuh choices, but dem players yuh pick dey, dey were alright but ah doh think there were many people expecting big things from dem. So therefore, ah wouldn't say dat dey didn't reached there potential. Bless.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2006, 10:01:43 PM »
Latapy,Rahim,Dwarika,Requelme and kluivert

Kluivert??? :o

Are you serious?
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2006, 10:17:46 PM »

Latapy never played in the EPL, La Liga or Serie A.. so I guess you can say he never reached his potential..

So what he played in the CL with porto and uefa with boaviista he was out there   clubs dont stick when it come to buying good/big  players

yuh could add jerol forbes to that list ah though he would ah be in the england now
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2006, 10:29:45 PM »
Joel Gibbons, dat man was good.
The Koo brothers (Roger and Ronald)
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2006, 10:31:23 PM »
there was a sherwin gomez? that used to go mucurapo in the late 90's i always though he would ah be big
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2006, 10:40:51 PM »

MICHAEL FORGINE - RIP

You must be a Presman

TnT Patriot

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2006, 10:50:16 PM »

MICHAEL FORGINE - RIP

Fuh real.... Rip Brother.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2006, 11:01:00 PM »
Shawn Boney could be on that list too. Peter Prosper....Bobby Zamora and Jlloyd Samuel, yes I add them even though they play EPL and played England youth. Which one ah them likely to make the World Cup. (since yuh cayr put all yuh eggs in one basket)

Dwarika and Nixon should not be on this list. They reach they full potential. They like to play dem a$$ games and they played it in the highest standards. Now in football they never reached their full potential.
Colin Rocke, Irasto Knights could be in that list too. Kevin Jeffery following also.

I know man ah go agree with me on this but Kerry Jameson because with all the tallent he had, he never made it out ah here.

Plus Ato Boldon and this is purely football because he was a deadly and fast winger I heard.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2006, 05:19:20 AM »
So what he played in the CL with porto and uefa with boaviista he was out there   clubs dont stick when it come to buying good/big  players

Can you give a list of seasons, opponents played and minutes etc?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2006, 05:52:58 AM »

So what he played in the CL with porto and uefa with boaviista he was out there   clubs dont stick when it come to buying good/big  players

yuh could add jerol forbes to that list ah though he would ah be in the england now

Dat part highlighted, ah want tuh make sure ah understand what yuh saying dey. Are you saying Latapy didn't play at a bigger club, cuz he is not ah good or big player? Porto is big, but there is much bigger clubs dan Porto, like Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, the 2 Milans, Juventus, just tuh name ah few. With the talent Latapy have, in my opinion these ah de type of clubs he should have played for, so he didn't reached his true potential. Bless.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 09:57:28 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2006, 08:44:17 AM »
 UP TO A YEAR AGO BLACK SMITH WAS PLAYING MINOR LEAGUE IN MORUGA, HE HAD PUT ON A BIT OF WEIGHT .APART FROM DWARIKA .SHERWOOD AND ROCKE ,DARYLL EDWARDS FROM PRESANTATION COLLEGE WINNING TEAM WAS APLAYER OF GREAT POTENTIAL THAT FEW PLAYERS OUTSIDE OF SOUTH KNOW ABOUT .I AGREE LATAPY STILL UNDERACHIEVED.

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2006, 08:51:52 AM »
i dis agree with several on the list of touches ,just to let you know reynold caqrrington was known by national coaches for years playing school ball wth siparia and after with defence force he was always a wll known footballer,you how ever are right his national appearances came when he was past his best.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2006, 08:59:27 AM »
Colin Rocke,
Dwarika
Terry "jughead" St. Louis

Always expected Faustin and Hutson to play abroad.

Doh blame Ngosi, he break a leg and was never the same after dat.

VB

Yeah I have to agree with youColin Rocke his bro Jason and Kona Hislop, were players who never made it internationally either by choice or injury. Hey how about this guy Legandre I think his first name was Andre or Louis, from San Juan Senior Comp

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2006, 09:00:05 AM »
UP TO A YEAR AGO BLACK SMITH WAS PLAYING MINOR LEAGUE IN MORUGA, HE HAD PUT ON A BIT OF WEIGHT .APART FROM DWARIKA .SHERWOOD AND ROCKE ,DARYLL EDWARDS FROM PRESANTATION COLLEGE WINNING TEAM WAS APLAYER OF GREAT POTENTIAL THAT FEW PLAYERS OUTSIDE OF SOUTH KNOW ABOUT .I AGREE LATAPY STILL UNDERACHIEVED.

darrel edwards was a very good player but i don't think he even get call for ah national youth team...i wonder how many good players like him don't get opportunities.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2006, 09:12:55 AM »
reading these names is real interesting, as plenty of them live here or lived here in London
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2006, 09:19:42 AM »
reading these names is real interesting, as plenty of them live here or lived here in London
Who lives here now? They still kick ball?

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2006, 10:21:23 AM »
Colin Rocke,
Dwarika
Terry "jughead" St. Louis

Always expected Faustin and Hutson to play abroad.

Doh blame Ngosi, he break a leg and was never the same after dat.

VB

Yeah I have to agree with youColin Rocke his bro Jason and Kona Hislop, were players who never made it internationally either by choice or injury. Hey how about this guy Legandre I think his first name was Andre or Louis, from San Juan Senior Comp

I think the name was Andre LeGendre...he used to play for St. Augustine.  Big powerful striker, but I wouldn't put him on the same list with some of the other names men calling here.

But yuh know plenty men will differ because at some point in time we would have liked particular player because he play for we school or club or whatever reason.  Maybe the men live up to their own potential, who knows ?  If we talking about who play should have played for the elite clubs around the world or gotten international fame and glory, well that is another story by itself.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2006, 10:30:26 AM »
boy some men calling some names dey sah  black smith was a big big baller louis legendre darryl edwards them fellas was some real talented ones ...big big ballers

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2006, 10:52:06 AM »
 sean le gendre{foward} and louis legendre{defender} were two different players  it was louis who was the talented player he played along side kona hislop and the bennet brothers for a national youth team lois was a sweeper capable of playing midfield a very talented player in deed.i believe we are talking of very talented players not players who ran through the college league of which i can name hundreds i am looking at very talented individuals who could have been dwight yorkes if times or circumstances were better .another name from san juan is the former u19 skipper of latapy et al kurt barrington a defender par excellence.people who went to school in the north ,east or south  tend to have biases toward there zones ,i went to fatima in the north but was amazed by daryll edwards and his ability to cross and run the line any one can give updates on the the careesr of these  players even if it was just in a us college i would really like to know what became of rocke ,barrington ,louis legendre ,daryll edwards ,brent bennet ,ian cluazel ,emmerson dubisson,sherwood.even guys like garth pollanais from the original green machine i would love to find out about these guys careers.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 01:42:14 PM by fatman »

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2006, 11:15:01 AM »
Russell Latapy.

And, no, I don't mean it as a joke either.

care to clarify...... :beermug:

Don't think he need to.... Yorke is undoubtedly the most SUCCESSFUL baller from Trinidad... when you look at the pure talent of Russel Latapy, jahyouth clearly believes this should have translated into even greater success and world acclaim than say Yorke!

Exactly.

When you look at the raw talent that Latas had as a youth, and what he has done in comparison to less talented individuals both on the local (Yorke) and world scene, without a doubt Latapy has failed to reach his true potential.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2006, 11:15:40 AM »
Another blast from de past, I thought that Jason Gatt was ah good player (Big Saints man)
Daniel Peters(thought that he would make it big)
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

1]; } ?>