June 16, 2024, 05:45:10 PM

Author Topic: Bunji Garlin signs with VP Records  (Read 5344 times)

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bunji Garlin signs with VP Records
« on: November 09, 2006, 08:45:13 PM »
Trinidad Express
Bunji Garlin signs with VP Records
Wayne Bowman

Friday, November 10th 2006

Bunji Garlin

Bunji Garlin has signed a production/distribution deal with VP Records, which is the label on which Jamaican dancehall artiste Sean Paul achieved international stardom.

The label is owned by the Chin family of Jamaica and has, over the past decade, established bases in the United States, Europe and Japan, making it the most successful recording label to have been spawned in the Caribbean. VP Records is also one of the most successful independent recording labels in the world.

Garlin's manager, Ian Pantin, who is the founder of the IP International Label, told the Express yesterday that Garlin was signed by the label's owner, Christopher Chin, who has given the three-time International Soca Monarch a one-year single album production deal with an option of an additional two albums over an additional two years.

The deal guarantees worldwide distribution that will see Garlin's albums on the shelves of major music stores throughout the world.

As for the value of this deal, Pantin said he was asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement, but he did admit that they were given an offer they could not refuse.

Garlin has already begun working on new music for this first project and once all goes well, Pantin said they would take advantage of the option.

Garlin is presently putting things in place for his marriage to Faye-Ann Lyons on December 2.

Pantin said the wedding would be a very small and private affair for family, close friends and some members of the entertainment fraternity. The venues of the ceremony and reception will remain unknown to the general public in an effort to maintain the privacy of the couple.

Garlin is also in the process of putting the finishing touches to his 2007 Carnival CD collection.

Among the songs that fans can look forward to is an updated version of "Hot Hot Hot", featuring Garlin alongside the classic song's creator Arrow. Garlin has also done a soca duet with Jamaican reggae legend, Freddie McGregor, as well as a pan song in collaboration with Kernel Roberts.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bunji Garlin signs with VP Records
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 09:37:17 PM »
Good for him i hope he crosses over
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 09:48:43 PM »
cross over to wha? .....dancehall.....de man done singing that already....have a chune on de march out riddim alongside the likes of Tony Matterhorn, Elephant Man, TOK, Vybez Karte and Wayne Wonder

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 07:59:28 AM »
bunji is a born lyriscist and performer.....dat man could move any crowd.........

keep representing us well man...... :beermug:

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 11:27:20 AM »
cross over to wha? .....dancehall.....de man done singing that already....have a chune on de march out riddim alongside the likes of Tony Matterhorn, Elephant Man, TOK, Vybez Karte and Wayne Wonder

good point bredda, if bunji want to cross over he have to get out of the ja shadow that he juss place himself in, my padnahs from treason, now called 3suns was also signed to VP and it didnt do nothign for dem, jamaican love jamaican music, bunji talking about i wayne and dissing him but he sign with vp a ja label  :rotfl: bunji all de bess bredda, but signing with a ja label as a trini wont propel you to stardum, it will just keep you back....

TI. VP is a very well respected Company by major music suppliers. ..trus mi signing wid VP aint dat bad for Bunji .. this could tek him to another level. every single Reggae artist to blow up was sign to VP .

Mi nuh see nothin wrong wid signing to VP..it could be a good move for himm.. Yu know how long mi a try get him CD'S and every single one mi get is bootleg , cya only a new york yu could find his Cd.. Now every single record shop go carry him Music.. see things on de big side bredda.. VP represents west Inidies to de fullest!!!!!!!!!!!
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 01:18:09 PM »
well bunji have two choice make a hit song like kmc  ruppee and lyttle and get pick up by label or sign with vp and try to get his music out... yes VP that came about to promote reggae now every where u go you see a reggae section in a music store ... i dont see any other  major label looking out for soca  VP BRING SOCA GOLD  etcetc so bunji do what you got to do.... to advance yuh career...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 03:07:29 PM »
I just DL 2  songs from him to check him out from jungle juice, and they went straight to the recycle bin  ;D

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 06:02:02 PM »
I just DL 2  songs from him to check him out from jungle juice, and they went straight to the recycle bin  ;D

yuh dont support yuh own let ti see yuh

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 08:28:41 AM »

good point bredda, if bunji want to cross over he have to get out of the ja shadow that he juss place himself in, my padnahs from treason, now called 3suns was also signed to VP and it didnt do nothign for dem, jamaican love jamaican music, bunji talking about i wayne and dissing him but he sign with vp a ja label  :rotfl: bunji all de bess bredda, but signing with a ja label as a trini wont propel you to stardum, it will just keep you back....

so is he better off not signing to VP? Dissin I wayne was good for his publicity but it never take him far cause Iwayne dont even hear the song. Remember, rasta nuh listen soca or dancehall so how him ago hear the message. Him affi go hide that tune b4 him come to VP cause if the thug ras them out here hear say him tell Iwayne fi go suk him mumma trust me it would be a sad endin to bunji life. Iwayne anti-war and anti-violence but him have a followin a hooligans as most artistes out here do.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 01:22:59 PM »

so is he better off not signing to VP? Dissin I wayne was good for his publicity but it never take him far cause Iwayne dont even hear the song. Remember, rasta nuh listen soca or dancehall so how him ago hear the message. Him affi go hide that tune b4 him come to VP cause if the thug ras them out here hear say him tell Iwayne fi go suk him mumma trust me it would be a sad endin to bunji life. Iwayne anti-war and anti-violence but him have a followin a hooligans as most artistes out here do.

end bunji life? maybe, its yard anything can happen, same way i wayne cant come trinidad bc his life will end also...

I-Wayne dont have to go to Trinidad. I-Wayne is one of our most successful reggae artistes and he doesnt perform in Trinidad. He is huge in Europe, Asia and ride the charts in US. Why would he worry about Trinidad? Not going to Trinidad cant hurt his career but I'm sure many of the rastas in Trinidad wouldn't mind him performing there. Bunji on the other hand have to come to JA since he signed to VP. Plus, he has been making dancehall tunes recently so him have to come here to promote them. Him just have to keep the song a secret.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 02:27:29 PM »

end bunji life? maybe, its yard anything can happen, same way i wayne cant come trinidad bc his life will end also...

I-Wayne dont have to go to Trinidad. I-Wayne is one of our most successful reggae artistes and he doesnt perform in Trinidad. He is huge in Europe, Asia and ride the charts in US. Why would he worry about Trinidad? Not going to Trinidad cant hurt his career but I'm sure many of the rastas in Trinidad wouldn't mind him performing there. Bunji on the other hand have to come to JA since he signed to VP. Plus, he has been making dancehall tunes recently so him have to come here to promote them. Him just have to keep the song a secret.

Lionpaw that song was played in Jamaica and i-wayne responded to it in an article in the star....say he dont know who these guys are etc  etc

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 07:23:56 PM »

Lionpaw that song was played in Jamaica and i-wayne responded to it in an article in the star....say he dont know who these guys are etc  etc

No yute, that song was never played out here(unless it was by a Trini out here). Never play on radio. People know of the song but no one ever listen it. I read bout the whole deal but only heard it when I was searching for a I waye tune. I see a song say I-wayne diss so being curious, mi download it. No one know him out here so ppl just ignored the situation. Up to this day, if u ask any one out here who is Bunji they couldn't tell you.

And as I said, if I-Wayne listen it he wont retaliate, its just the rastas from Bobo camp(same ones that box up Beenieman for claiming he is rasta while singin Jesus name in song)  that would take it to heart even though Bunji not talkin bout them.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 12:16:20 PM »

No yute, that song was never played out here(unless it was by a Trini out here). Never play on radio. People know of the song but no one ever listen it. I read bout the whole deal but only heard it when I was searching for a I waye tune. I see a song say I-wayne diss so being curious, mi download it. No one know him out here so ppl just ignored the situation. Up to this day, if u ask any one out here who is Bunji they couldn't tell you.

And as I said, if I-Wayne listen it he wont retaliate, its just the rastas from Bobo camp(same ones that box up Beenieman for claiming he is rasta while singin Jesus name in song) that would take it to heart even though Bunji not talkin bout them.

yardman always feel dey better, dey insecure bc dey know tt have more to offer and we run the caribbean economically and politically..

Yeah u were blessed with oil. You not econimaclly superior because u smarter u just lucky u have oil simple as dat. We have no control over dat. Plus no matter what u say, Jamaica will always be more popular. And what "more" do u have to offer. Calm u self ya man u a the insecure one cause u all a try claim our music because u see how powerful it is. Reggae is the music of the World bredda. You run the caribbean economically(dont agree with the politically part) but we run it culturally.  Tourism and Sports we way ahead a unnuh too. An island full of ghetto and poor people way ahead of unnuh. How u feel bout dat?

Dem cant keep black people down.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 01:57:02 PM »

And as I said, if I-Wayne listen it he wont retaliate, its just the rastas from Bobo camp(same ones that box up Beenieman for claiming he is rasta while singin Jesus name in song)  that would take it to heart even though Bunji not talkin bout them.

come on now man harry toddler and them call the man from JA singing the song lionpaw .. ...... .. oh and lionpaw the people from whaddat .com come cover we carnival so yuh know there is a following in your  country .. ask fire links and stone luv  ;D

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 06:32:39 PM »
steups... this thread degenrate into ah trini vs ja thread.
bless up bunji glad to see u tryign to take de soca further...
than sitting down on yuh ass and hoping things ahppen..your a doer bro.
VP is a good label for caribban artists to sign with in my opnion..
they understadn the caribbean  vibe and music.
better than an amerivan label..
was it an american label machel signed with??
 i askign cant remeber
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 09:32:23 PM »
steups... this thread degenrate into ah trini vs ja thread.
bless up bunji glad to see u tryign to take de soca further...
than sitting down on yuh ass and hoping things ahppen..your a doer bro.
VP is a good label for caribban artists to sign with in my opnion..
they understadn the caribbean  vibe and music.
better than an amerivan label..
was it an american label machel signed with??
 i askign cant remeber

oh yah atlantic and i read some where they said his music was no good and dropped him

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 09:05:55 AM »

come on now man harry toddler and them call the man from JA singing the song lionpaw .. ...... .. oh and lionpaw the people from whaddat .com come cover we carnival so yuh know there is a following in your  country .. ask fire links and stone luv  ;D

I know all dat yow but the song wasn't released on radio out here. You crazy yute. Bobo Camp rasta retaliate for less than that. If u step on them toe u might pick up a gunshot. I went up Bobo camp one time to select and I see AK line off the wall like is Afghanistan. Plus Toddler is a nobody out here. He has been the target for rasta insults because the way how him dress and dem ting deh so he is glad someone do a tune like dat because if he did it he couldn't live out here.

I not saying soca and carnival dont have a following out here. We have carnival out here too with a whole bunch a ppl. Me nah deny dat. Never did deny that. Plus some of our TV stations give coverage of Trini carnival every year. Soca hardly played on radio out here though and if it is, its Barbados artistes. Look like them take the Soca crown from unnuh. Allison Hinds tune "Roll it" in heavy rotation now.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 09:30:11 AM »
bobo camp eh well sizzla do ah song with kmc .... yuh eva hear that

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 06:54:58 PM »
wah all dat lakaray have to do with bunji??
steups eh....
how things thing come a trini vs ja...
i glad bunji sign wiht vp.....give him a chance to win acclaim far beyond caribbean ex pats.
dais y by and large caribbean people doh reach one ass..always fighting down each other.
who cares wey taitt form..
sparrow the calypso king of  de world was born in grenada!!!
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2006, 11:15:26 PM »

I know all dat yow but the song wasn't released on radio out here. You crazy yute. Bobo Camp rasta retaliate for less than that. If u step on them toe u might pick up a gunshot. I went up Bobo camp one time to select and I see AK line off the wall like is Afghanistan. Plus Toddler is a nobody out here. He has been the target for rasta insults because the way how him dress and dem ting deh so he is glad someone do a tune like dat because if he did it he couldn't live out here.

I not saying soca and carnival dont have a following out here. We have carnival out here too with a whole bunch a ppl. Me nah deny dat. Never did deny that. Plus some of our TV stations give coverage of Trini carnival every year. Soca hardly played on radio out here though and if it is, its Barbados artistes. Look like them take the Soca crown from unnuh. Allison Hinds tune "Roll it" in heavy rotation now.

read this article and shut yuh mouth nah http://www.lynntaitt.com/2006/01/about-lynn.html , allyuh yardman only good tuh copy and thief we music, then come back and claim it for allyuh own, learn your history b4 u come on this board breds, i ent care if yuh went bobo hill or not, yard losing its grip, coz tt will rise once more to the top where we belong...

You gone back to the foolishness. In other words reggae was created in Trinidad? LOL. Bredda it obvious that u have something against my country but u really making a fool of yourself. Did we steal your "reggae"? We losin our grip on what? Dont say reggae cause that would strengthen the known fact that u dunce as a lightpost. Even u own fellow Trinis see u as a damn arse. And u know what , if TnT rise back to the top I wouldn't feel no way because it wouldn't cause Jamaica to sink so jus gwan whole a meditation and calm yourself.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 04:15:21 PM »

read this article and shut yuh mouth nah http://www.lynntaitt.com/2006/01/about-lynn.html , allyuh yardman only good tuh copy and thief we music, then come back and claim it for allyuh own, learn your history b4 u come on this board breds, i ent care if yuh went bobo hill or not, yard losing its grip, coz tt will rise once more to the top where we belong...

You gone back to the foolishness. In other words reggae was created in Trinidad? LOL. Bredda it obvious that u have something against my country but u really making a fool of yourself. Did we steal your "reggae"? We losin our grip on what? Dont say reggae cause that would strengthen the known fact that u dunce as a lightpost. Even u own fellow Trinis see u as a damn arse. And u know what , if TnT rise back to the top I wouldn't feel no way because it wouldn't cause Jamaica to sink so jus gwan whole a meditation and calm yourself.

trinis not united like yardmen, it have a setta blue crabs like yourself on here who love ja, so dey fight me down, theres your proof right there, where studio one music come from, a trini revolutionize the music, you still didnt give credit where credit is due, maybe its bc you couldnt read de damn article... :devil: illiterate maybe :devil:

Bredda,if a yardman try to claim that Vegas make better Soca than Trinidad artistes then ppl would call him eediot and laugh at him(as ur fella trinis doing now). And even after reading the article it still prove to me that u a dunce because Taitt, if true, revolutionized JAMAICAN music so how you come to the conclusion that Jamaica copying Trinidad. It's not like rocksteady was in Trinidad and he bring it to Jamaica u flippin eediat. It was SKA<<<Jamaican music that he supposedly slowed down. Plus Taitt wasn't single handedly responsible for rocksteady. Also, Rocksteady and Reggae are totally different. Remember that "Reggae" is the leading music from the caribbean, and not "rockteady". Don't make sense me continue this argument though I'll just ignore you and see you as everyone else on the site does, a Damn Arse!
Smoke and Fly

1]; } ?>