April 19, 2024, 11:57:44 AM

Author Topic: Boldon gives Pro League players lesson on media relations  (Read 1632 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Boldon gives Pro League players lesson on media relations
« on: November 11, 2006, 09:48:02 AM »
Boldon gives Pro League players lesson on media relations
Ato Boldon

Four-time Olympic medalist and now Senator Ato Boldon took time to lecture at the TT Pro League’s Player Welfare Seminar series on Thursday evening at the Ambassador Hotel Ballroom, Long Circular Road St James.

The former track star spoke extensively to Pro League players on media relations—and how professional athlete should deal with the pressure of media attention.

Senator Boldon told ttproleague.com afterwards, “I believe I was able to get the message to the players by easily translating it into language they can understand.

“My purpose here was to enlighten the players on the media and let them understand the importance and how it can be used as a tool in their favour.

“The players have to understand how extremely important the media are and how to deal with situations they encounter.”

“I have had my experiences with the media both local and international, so I can now impart to them the advantages and disadvantages of the media as it relates to a professional athlete.

“The professional attitude they send via the media can either land them better deals or even endorsements as it did for a lot of top athletes including myself,” said Boldon.

Before welcoming and introducing Senator Ato Boldon, T&T Pro League chief executive officer Dexter Skeene reminded the players in attendance of the league’s commitment to its members.

He said: “The Trinidad and Tobago Professional League’s core mission is about you (the players). The league is committed, dedicated and resolute in it’s determination to providing the footballers of T&T with a sustainable opportunity to live their dreams and God given talent to establish a career in football.”
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Boldon gives Pro League players lesson on media relations
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 02:46:42 PM »
Nice job by Ato and the Pro League, I hope the fellas listened and take heed to what you said to them.  The players need more of this to help them be more professional as professionals, and maybe avoid some of the career mistakes of their predessors.
Next stop a pep talk for the U20 before they face JA.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 03:02:50 PM »
Detxer and dem wuking. The under 20 team need more than a pep talk b4 JA.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 05:25:58 PM »
T&T Pro League chief executive officer Dexter Skeene

People doh give credit where it is due but this is de man to head TTFF.  Well educated, respected, and a former player.  Camps move over (or better yet roll over) and watch de ride.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 05:59:10 PM »

People doh give credit where it is due but this is de man to head TTFF.  Well educated, respected, and a former player.  Camps move over (or better yet roll over) and watch de ride.

Blessings

Why you want to move Camps ...he eh doing anything  :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 06:29:11 PM »
I second the nomination for Skeene to take over the TTFF. He car do worst and he eh no yes man
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 07:20:16 PM »

Blessings

Why you want to move Camps ...he eh doing anything  :devil:

That's exactly the point Jai he hasn't done anything

1]; } ?>