April 28, 2024, 05:25:51 PM

Author Topic: Kent Welch touches on T&T progress.  (Read 10391 times)

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kent Welch touches on T&T progress.
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2006, 08:16:43 AM »
I find he should try and get a team like Diego Sec into the SSFL...Make them win everything..Intercol, Big 5, league first year up...and maybe, only then we should consider him for the national under 8 team...

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2006, 10:58:30 AM »
ah go let other man deal with other serious issues about Welchie, de one dat take de cake for me was dis "Now he was given all this credit for taking T&T National Football team to the World Cup when in fact he inherited a team that was already in a position to qualify." WHAT!?!?!?!  ???
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2006, 11:24:17 AM »
I find he should try and get a team like Diego Sec into the SSFL...Make them win everything..Intercol, Big 5, league first year up...and maybe, only then we should consider him for the national under 8 team...

Aye all yuh keep dis post going yes, it does provide real comic relief in de middle of de day..... :rotfl: :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2006, 11:58:51 AM »
ah go let other man deal with other serious issues about Welchie, de one dat take de cake for me was dis "Now he was given all this credit for taking T&T National Football team to the World Cup when in fact he inherited a team that was already in a position to qualify." WHAT!?!?!?!  ???

seems like he contradict his statment again
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline newyorker

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2006, 12:24:30 AM »
It is so nice that you listed all of the" Master" Beenhakker accomplishments funny you did not seem to notice the track record the number of times he either resigned or was fired or there were no results to report.Man get real . Why you never commented on the fact that he stated on May 13th 2006 in the Trinidad Express Newspaper that he did not expect T&Tuscarora's  the same team he was coaching to win in Germany.Why you never mention the fact that this same coach who all of you praised for bringing discipline to the Socorro's sat on the bench in Mexico smoking a cigarette while the game was in progress,if that was a Trinidadian coach or any coach of color who did the same everyone in T&T would have been calling for him to be fired. Funny no one chose to discuss this incident.How can you as a coach discipline any of your players by telling them not to smoke when you the coach show no respect by doing exactly what you ask them not to do.Since when does smoking and drinking mixes with athletics.If you were the manager of a football team and you hired someone to coach your team how would you respond if you came to a game and that person was sitting on the bench drinking a carib during a game.Would you like me to name several big name players who played football internationally and what became of there game because of that lifestyle.It takes a discipline coach  to discipline his players. I also notice critics like yourself made no comment on the team lost to Austria I guess you have an excuse for Wim's coaching also.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2006, 08:53:49 AM »
Why you never mention the fact that this same coach who all of you praised for bringing discipline to the Socorro's sat on the bench in Mexico smoking a cigarette while the game was in progress,if that was a Trinidadian coach or any coach of color who did the same everyone in T&T would have been calling for him to be fired. Funny no one chose to discuss this incident.How can you as a coach discipline any of your players by telling them not to smoke when you the coach show no respect by doing exactly what you ask them not to do.Since when does smoking and drinking mixes with athletics.If you were the manager of a football team and you hired someone to coach your team how would you respond if you came to a game and that person was sitting on the bench drinking a carib during a game.Would you like me to name several big name players who played football internationally and what became of there game because of that lifestyle.It takes a discipline coach  to discipline his players.

Ah is becuase leo white dat is it i see you lived among certain african americans to long the al sharpton race syndrome  rubbing  of on yuh eh newyorker.... I would sing praises to leo is he was black asian or chinee .... 

no race issue please

« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 09:40:38 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2006, 11:12:06 AM »
It is so nice that you listed all of the" Master" Beenhakker accomplishments funny you did not seem to notice the track record the number of times he either resigned or was fired or there were no results to report.(what does this have to do with the price of cheese?)[/u]Man get real . Why you never commented on the fact that he stated on May 13th 2006 in the Trinidad Express Newspaper that he did not expect T&Tuscarora's  the same team he was coaching to win in Germany. Right about here if I were you....I would have said something about Welch.[/font]........Why you never mention the fact that this same coach who all of you praised for bringing discipline to the Socorro's sat on the bench in Mexico smoking a cigarette while the game was in progress,if that was a Trinidadian coach or any coach of color who did the same everyone in T&T would have been calling for him to be fired.[/i] [/s]  Huh?????????
Funny no one chose to discuss this incident.How can you as a coach discipline any of your players by telling them not to smoke when you the coach show no respect by doing exactly what you ask them not to do.Since when does smoking and drinking mixes with athletics.If you were the manager of a football team and you hired someone to coach your team how would you respond if you came to a game and that person was sitting on the bench drinking a carib during a game.    Again...off topic......please discuss Welch ....Would you like me to name several big name players who played football internationally and what became of there game because of that lifestyle.It takes a discipline coach  to discipline his players. I also notice critics like yourself made no comment on the team lost to Austria I guess you have an excuse for Wim's coaching also.
D-

Kent Welch touches on T&T progress. <---------- that is the topic  ....what you have written above does not have anything to do with the issue...arrite sah?????

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2006, 11:45:19 AM »
It is so nice that you listed all of the" Master" Beenhakker accomplishments funny you did not seem to notice the track record the number of times he either resigned or was fired or there were no results to report.Man get real . Why you never commented on the fact that he stated on May 13th 2006 in the Trinidad Express Newspaper that he did not expect T&Tuscarora's  the same team he was coaching to win in Germany.Why you never mention the fact that this same coach who all of you praised for bringing discipline to the Socorro's sat on the bench in Mexico smoking a cigarette while the game was in progress,if that was a Trinidadian coach or any coach of color who did the same everyone in T&T would have been calling for him to be fired. Funny no one chose to discuss this incident.How can you as a coach discipline any of your players by telling them not to smoke when you the coach show no respect by doing exactly what you ask them not to do.Since when does smoking and drinking mixes with athletics.If you were the manager of a football team and you hired someone to coach your team how would you respond if you came to a game and that person was sitting on the bench drinking a carib during a game.Would you like me to name several big name players who played football internationally and what became of there game because of that lifestyle.It takes a discipline coach  to discipline his players. I also notice critics like yourself made no comment on the team lost to Austria I guess you have an excuse for Wim's coaching also.

If is latas uh talking abt smoking...latas is a big hardback man so nobody have to tell him the dangers of smokin..We comparing what beenhaker achieve with the local coaches so uh lose the point long time..

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2006, 11:53:15 AM »
I bet welch would back latapy as a national coach

Offline newyorker

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2006, 11:14:21 PM »
You guys either cannot read and comprehend or you are just plain ignorant because the statement speaks for it self ,if you understood then you would have understand the relation between Beenhakker smoking a cigarette while the team is playing a world cup qualifying game and discipline.And please do not bring Latapy into this because I was very specific when I mention the name of the person I was referring to.Since you are so eager to defend Beenhakker then answer the questions listed.And while you are at it do not forget T&T lost to Austria what's your excuse for Wim this time around.

Offline newyorker

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2006, 11:17:51 PM »
Why not he has proven that he can be a good coach.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2006, 12:21:59 AM »
Why not he has proven that he can be a good coach.

Oh really ok well i hope he dont smoke at  training sessions

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2006, 12:25:00 AM »
You guys either cannot read and comprehend or you are just plain ignorant because the statement speaks for it self ,if you understood then you would have understand the relation between Beenhakker smoking a cigarette while the team is playing a world cup qualifying game and discipline.And please do not bring Latapy into this because I was very specific when I mention the name of the person I was referring to.Since you are so eager to defend Beenhakker then answer the questions listed.And while you are at it do not forget T&T lost to Austria what's your excuse for Wim this time around.

Ok we lost to austria I see the whim haters get some ammunition   ..
oh dont forget the color coach thing also you brought up

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2006, 06:51:52 AM »
Now Newyorker, seriously, you see de side dat went to play dat Austria game.....these guys have never played together much have dey?.....We looking at building without the Dwight's, the Latapy's et al.  We were without men like Stern, Kenwyne, Glen, (Yorke of course), Sancho, (the defence was all over de place, the fellas like dey just didn't know what each other was doing).....so can you really judge Wim by this game??....Honestly??  ???....

Now if we are going to take these same guys and work with them so that we have a good nucleus to call on (in times of injury and club commitments etc.) and dey still playing tata down de road....den ah could understand man calling for Wim head.....until such time....yuh sound like you have ah axe to grind....and bringing race into it eh help yuh cause either....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2006, 08:33:36 AM »
Guys ....listen...none of you owe Newyorker an explanation...obviously he is a virgin poster to the board and have no clue about the football(soccer so he/she/it or whatever could understand) junkies on this board ...or the myriad of threads that have hashed and rehashed these topics a 1000 times over.

Leave him in his ignorance....don't waste your time...is it really worth the effort??.....if he was a follower he would realize how out of context his questions with respect to our discussion are and more so his lack of knowledge and being  in the know of the sport.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2006, 11:29:00 AM »
Look  contradiction

No one including myself did not give the Soca Warriors any chance of doing well in Germany

Why you never commented on the fact that he stated on May 13th 2006 in the Trinidad Express Newspaper that he did not expect T&Tuscarora's  the same team he was coaching to win in German

buh wait you are a coach and you did not  thinking any different about the team chances. before the WC... But, when the world cup started  leo saw there was a chance fuh us to make the second round also so why bring it up. oh the latapy issue

the only teams that were actually playing well was Ghana and the Ivory Coast.

Trying to compare trinidad and tobago to Ghana iviry coast ? apples to oranges  England and sweden were  playing so bad yet they  were all over us imagine if they were playing good..

.The fact is if Mexico had sent there full world cup squad to play in Trinidad we would not be having this discussion today because the result would have been different.
[/i]

Mr newyorker the warriors  had beaten and tied  a full  Mexican World Cup Squad  before  the only loss was under BSC.Plus that was our  destiny we controlled that game from start to finish i have no doubt that we would have been able to pull it off against a full Mexican team. Plus you dey bawling dat if Mexico sent a full team we would not been there but then yuh start to talk about tnt meeting the second round. which would have required us to beat Paraguay a team which beat brazil in WCQ (i think ) a team which qualified from a tough confederation..Oh but they were playing bad also ent

« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 12:18:35 PM by triniman »

Offline spiritedfan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2006, 06:08:44 PM »
Coaching a team in america is much different than coaching one in Trindad so if dis man feel his error free football (PERFECT FOOTBALL) could work in trinidad and if he is dis almighty coach to critic Don Leo credentials tell him take a pro league side and win every throphy it have in trinidad and then maybe he might have a chance of making deTechnical staff (not bashing De staff). because clearly dis man to full ah shi... to coach our team

Offline newyorker

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2006, 08:17:59 PM »
You accepted Master Leo and his cigarettes then I am sure you "will"accept your countryman Latapy and his cigarettes." Oh I forgot Latapy is not from Europe How could I miss that". You really amazes me .I am now convinced that you have nothing of substance to contribute to this discussion.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2006, 09:14:50 PM »
Its you who had the problem with leo smoking not me fool .. I just brough up the point that latapy smokes also   would you still support him if he smoke at the training session i for one dont care  let me hear you now newyorker.

And anwer doh duck meh answer

Lincoln Phillps  is looking fuh young coaches  .   apply for  assistant coach with the under 15 or under 17 .. Have ever  tried doing dat ?  You can also apply for a coaching position  for a pro league youth team or how about tobago united  as head coach even the ssfl needs coaches

Address the issue with Bradley going to a club and stamping in error-free "soccer" cause yuh say it takes weeks to learn was it another error ah just asking...

"Error-free soccer is not something a player inherits. He has to be drilled and taught for weeks and then it takes about nine months before it becomes a way of life for him."

Let me give you another example: Last weekend I loaned two of my players to another club to play in a showcase tournament in Jacksonville, Florida, USA. The players were my youngest son, Bradley (Welch), the midfielder and one of my strikers Michael Marin. And you know what? They helped the team to play my system and they were so successful that the team made it to the finals, only to lose on penalty kicks.
Just imagine that on such short notice they were able to use the system successfully."

Last thing is  Bradley eligible for any of our youth teams  eg under 23 under 20 or even the under 17... we could use some midfield players in tnt..

« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 09:21:11 PM by triniman »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2006, 09:19:24 PM »
no wonder you contradict yuhself so much and dont even know it .. go hang out with yuh "al sharpton" friend and them "master" this and "master" dat i see they rubb of on yuh .

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2006, 12:10:07 PM »

I simply posted the man's cv...

A certain person claimed that Beenhakker had no claim to fame other than his stint at Ajax. I simply confronted that information with some facts.

The man said we weren't going to win THE WORLD CUP. He never said we weren't going to win. I agreed with him. I have a certain newspaper clipping of a certain Brazilian coach saying Jamaica were going to win the World Cup. Every time I take it out I almost die laughing. I'm a realist. I won't criticise Beenhakker for saying exactly what everyone rational knew and believed.

I doubt Beenhakker is the first coach to smoke on the bench. As a matter of fact I'm sure he isn't the first. As long as the players get what they need to do out on the field, I won't criticise the mans personal habits. And YES the same goes for LATAPY, or any other coach, no matter the colour.

BTW, anyone seen whayuhsay recently?  ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2006, 12:37:27 PM »
I remember that, simones just said that  as a means motivate the Ja team   ... When he had the our under 17 team in 2001  he told them bluntly that they were the weakest team in the group......

Offline newyorker

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2006, 12:37:02 AM »
Do you really believe that Beenhakker was trying to motivate the team. Is that the only method he could have come up with ..You know something Triniman I find it hard to believe that you honestly think so,anyway I still say that no coach should tell his players that he does not expect them to win when they play.I do not think not even your diehard supporters will support you on this one,even when you are still trying to make excuses for the man.

Offline newyorker

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2006, 01:04:15 AM »
Triniman: why do you and your cohorts like to dance around real issues,when you are confronted with it.In addition just in case I neglet to mention it before I do respect your views even when I disagree with some of them.I am educated enough to know how to agree and disagree without being ignorant.If you read why statements carefully you will find that there is no need for you to get so uptight and critical about them.As I stated before I have my own method of coaching which works for me and the teams I coach.Also I do not go around bragging about how good my son is I let others decide whether he can play good or not.If you want to know about his capabilities and you have any respect for former National coach Hannibal Najar.you can ask him about Bradley I am sure he will give you an adequate answer.To answer your other question both his parents are born Trinidadians, therefore he is eligible to play for Trinidad if the opportunity presents itself.That is a decision he will have to make because I respect his knowledge.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 08:54:51 PM by newyorker »

Offline eclipse

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2006, 10:08:11 PM »
Triniman how do you assess discipline.Anyway Beenhakker is now history or maybe so we believe ,however let us focus on what Wim and company is doing to prepare Trinidad National Team to get past the qualifying round for world cup 2010.Someone suggested he should be given at least two years to show what type of coach he is going to be,well I happen to agree with Welch the country does not have two years before the qualifynig start to remind all it starts in approx 17months.Please lets deal with facts and not fiction.I also notice that Welch has put the muzzle on some of your big mouth friends because since he answered some of their questions they do not seem to have a clue how to respond.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2006, 10:26:54 PM »
You guys either cannot read and comprehend or you are just plain ignorant because the statement speaks for it self ,if you understood then you would have understand the relation between Beenhakker smoking a cigarette while the team is playing a world cup qualifying game and discipline.

But breds....the football scene littered with Managers who smoke....most notably Argentina's WC 1978 winning coach Cesar Menotti who chain smoked on the bench while his team beat people on the field.  I understand yuh point about settin example but a coach smoking on the bench while a game goin on is hardly some sort of correlation with a lack of discipline in the team as you appear to be claimin.

Matter of fact, the Soca Warriors team that went to the World Cup under Leo Bennhakker is the most disciplined T&T National team I have ever seen in my limited time watchin T&T football.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 10:30:07 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2006, 12:42:45 AM »
Triniman how do you assess discipline.Anyway Beenhakker is now history or maybe so we believe ,however let us focus on what Wim and company is doing to prepare Trinidad National Team to get past the qualifying round for world cup 2010.Someone suggested he should be given at least two years to show what type of coach he is going to be,well I happen to agree with Welch the country does not have two years before the qualifynig start to remind all it starts in approx 17months.Please lets deal with facts and not fiction.I also notice that Welch has put the muzzle on some of your big mouth friends because since he answered some of their questions they do not seem to have a clue how to respond.

Welch eh put no muzzle on no poster ::)on this site :rotfl: i for one ignored it and other posters also  i presume ....  Well he  has something to shout about now we  lost 4-1 . If  the team has not improved for the GC ok replace whim with  8) This coach sound good   :beermug: in his 25 years of coaching he has never coached a loosing team(so he say). As  a good coach he has the ability to take  an average team and made it a good team, also make a good team a better team finally   a very good team a championship team ;D so we should give him a shot ent

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2006, 12:26:01 PM »
Quote from: newyorker
his parents are born Trinitarians

We could really tell you is ah Trinidadian !! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Warrior For Life !!

1]; } ?>