April 23, 2024, 07:43:24 AM

Author Topic: Strike Squad/USA ticket special until Friday.  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Strike Squad/USA ticket special until Friday.
« on: November 13, 2006, 06:18:04 AM »
Strike Squad/USA ticket special until Friday.
T&T Guardian Reports.
[/size]

New Era Incorporated, the compnay responsible for the Red Day November 19th rematch between the Strike Squad and Team USA 1989 yesterday announced its price incentive package.
Spectators hoping to witness the rematch between T&T’s Strike Squad and USA on November 19, from 5 pm will have to fork out $150 for covered stands and $100 for uncovered.
But in a new incentive marked at getting a larger crowd for the match NEI has decided that all tickets purchased by Friday will get $25 off while any person buying five tickets or more will get one ticket free.
In addition, persons who have retained their ticket stubs from the November 19 1989 game will pay half price and children under the age of 10 and dressed in red will enter free.
Tickets are also being made available to schools at a price of $60 per student with $10 being given back to the schools for the development of football in schools.
Seventeen years ago, the Strike Squad needed a point from their final Concacaf World Cup qualifier to book a spot at Italia 90, however, the USA won 1-0 on a long-range goal by Paul Caliguri at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.
The girls college match between Providence Girls High School and St Joseph Convent, Port of Spain, the top two schools in the North Zone this year begins at 3 pm and will be of one hour duration.
The event is intended to be a family oriented day with parents, aunts uncles and grandparents accompanying their children, who were too young to appreciate November 19 1989, or the national football teams of 1973 and 1966 and share memories.
Tickets go on sale from Wednesday at all the stadiums, Larry Gomes, Ato Boldon, Manny Ramjohn and Hasley Crawford while arrangements are being made for Tobago.
Paul Caliguri, who scored the all important goal for the USA on that day arrives on Wednesday and will visit a few schools with Strike Squad members.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Strike Squad/USA ticket special until Friday.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 01:52:57 AM »
whoever organize this event have real business sense.  i hear it hype on the radio, it hype in the papers it hype here.  It seems like he understand the market.  waiting to see the type of turnout he get.  He probably woulda have some good ideas to get the TTFF moving and not dependent on Jack, but then again if he get in power I feel he could be just as destructive as jack.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 04:42:07 AM »
whoever organize this event have real business sense. 

I was thinking the same thing

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 06:22:55 AM »
... children under the age of 10 and dressed in red will enter free.

On this occasion man cah grumble dat they can't take their young kids to a football match.  This sort of event should be supported. 

Jack take note, instead of taking money to build your empire donate some back to the people who support Football and aid in the development of the sport at home.  But that might be too innovative for some folks to appreciate.

Although it might have a bunch of old men running around on the pitch, I wish I was there to lend my support.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 08:21:40 AM »
What exactly is the purpose of this game...I mean we HAVE qualified for a World Cup now...Are we still going to have these games even when these guys are almost 70 and half the team is still alive?? This strike squad moment should be remembered not exploited..

1]; } ?>