September 21, 2020, 06:56:08 PM

Author Topic: Levi Garcia Thread  (Read 68296 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #480 on: September 15, 2020, 07:26:37 AM »
Excellent news - I really hope he avoids some of the problems that Greek football has had as of late, but a 5 year contract and a hefty transfer fee suggest they'll be ok to pay him!

Greece is a competitive league with the possibility of Champions League, so lets hope it really pushes his game on

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 15, 2020, 08:45:20 AM »
Good team, glad for de youth, woulda like to see him in de EPL though.

De man already play for 8 clubs and he only 22, like he is another John Bostock.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 15, 2020, 01:23:20 PM »

De man already play for 8 clubs and he only 22, like he is another John Bostock.

It only takes one really good season with this new club.

And it looks to me like he has what it takes to produce the consistency.

Either way real happy for him and by extension team T&T.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 15, 2020, 04:13:24 PM »
Congrats to the young man! ...big move the best thing to happen in local football for some time.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 15, 2020, 06:55:20 PM »

Spot on. If I'm looking at it that way, I think his ambition should be to move on within two seasons. The main thing is that he enjoys his football, continues to improve, keep a competitive edge and eventually outgrow this new environment. Exciting times for him and us. Just don't bank there!
"It is not possible to make successful policy in a state of ignorance or indifference to what goes on in the real world." --- Martin Daly.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 15, 2020, 11:39:08 PM »

Spot on. If I'm looking at it that way, I think his ambition should be to move on within two seasons. The main thing is that he enjoys his football, continues to improve, keep a competitive edge and eventually outgrow this new environment. Exciting times for him and us. Just don't bank there!
That will totally be up to his play and further development, and even then he may be ignored. Depend on how big the truck with the money is, cause if he get even better, the club may not release him for nothing less than they pay for him.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #486 on: September 16, 2020, 03:15:15 AM »

He can't get into the EPL. T&T's FIFA ranking/ban is too low. Unless, he becomes a European citizen, that might help his case?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 16, 2020, 06:39:29 AM »

He can't get into the EPL. T&T's FIFA ranking/ban is too low. Unless, he becomes a European citizen, that might help his case?

Indeed, for now though. Post-Brexit rules might well be very different and give a silver lining for T&T football.

EU citizenship wouldn't help him post-Brexit, but it's looking like there will be routes for us post Brexit.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 16, 2020, 01:18:27 PM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 16, 2020, 02:22:34 PM »
Wah, No. 9 too. Well, well. Sweet.   :applause: They have high hopes and lots of faith in him. Hope he delivers as I know he can.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #490 on: September 16, 2020, 05:29:22 PM »
21-year old midfielder Levi Garcia has signed a three-year contract with Israeli Premier League club, Beitar Jerusalem FC. General Manager Yossi Benayoun, widely regarded as Israel's best ever player, describes Levi as a very talented young player with great skill and potential.

Israel’s Beitar for sale with buyer reportedly from UAE
By Samindra Kuunti (insideworldfootball).

Beitar Jerusalem have confirmed they are in talks with a potential investor from the United Arab Emirates following days of speculation.

“This is an opportunity to turn Beitar Jerusalem into a dominant club … that will represent, in addition to football, a concrete symbol of the new winds of peace that are blowing in the Middle East,” wrote Beitar in a statement.

On Tuesday, the Abraham Accords were signed at the White House in Washington DC to mark normalisation agreements between Israel and the both the UAE and Bahrain.

The Israeli top flight clubs didn’t provide any detail on the prospective deal or investors, but reports suggest Sulaiman Al-Fahim, a UAE businessman with interests in real estate, could be involved in the negotiations.

Beitar’s club owner Moshe Hogeg will fly to the Abu Dhabi to pursue the negotiations, the Beitar statement said.

Beitar are controversially the only club in the Israeli Premier League never to have signed an arab player. Their fans have traditionally aligned themselves with extreme right wing politics in the country.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 08:21:18 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 16, 2020, 07:18:14 PM »
More evidence that 2020 is a brewing storm from start to finish. Guaranteed trouble.
"It is not possible to make successful policy in a state of ignorance or indifference to what goes on in the real world." --- Martin Daly.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 17, 2020, 01:21:18 AM »
More evidence that 2020 is a brewing storm from start to finish. Guaranteed trouble.
Geezanages..Wisemen better start checking the skies again for ah star.  Even more glad for Levi.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #493 on: September 17, 2020, 08:33:31 AM »
Garcia hopes for ‘many achievements ‘ in Greece.
By Narissa Fraser (Newsday).

T&T midfielder Levi Garcia says he feels optimistic towards playing with his new team AEK Athens. He said he is thankful to God for the opportunity.

The 22-year-old was signed by the Greek club on a five-year deal for a transfer fee of €2.2 million and will now compete in the Greek Super League.

He previously played in Israel for Ironi Kiryat Shmona FC (2018-2019) and Beitar Jerusalem 2019-2020).

Speaking with Newsday on Wednesday afternoon, after his official signing ceremony, he said the club first alerted him of their interest in early July.

“I (had) already started preparing myself to move along once it was serious,” he said.

But he added, “My time in Israel was well-spent. I had a difficult start with Shmona in the first year but in the second year, I think things went pretty well.”

For the 2018-2019 season of the Israeli Premier League, Shmona finished ninth on the table out of 14 teams. And in the 2019-2020 season, Beitar finished third.

He said despite not getting as many goals as he would have liked, the 2019-2020 season was a wonderful one.

Since the news broke of his new deal, he said his phone has not stopped buzzing as family and friends are reaching out to congratulate him.

“It’s a great feeling for me and my family, and T&T, in fact. It’s not that I can’t believe it but it’s just that emotions are all over the place and I have to try and calm them before I step forward.”

He said he is ready to work hard and urged his colleagues at home not to give up on their dreams.

He has 27 international caps for T&T, was a former national Under-17 and Under-20 representative.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 17, 2020, 09:56:30 AM »
WATCH: Follow Levi Garcia as he makes his way from his hotel to Athens Olympic Stadium where he is given a tour and finishes up his medical before finally heading to the offices of AEK Athens to sign his contract.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/v2PRH5kjr7U" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/v2PRH5kjr7U</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 18, 2020, 01:36:45 PM »
WATCH: Levi Garcia during his first training session with AEK Athens

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ksMzW6ZqOW0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ksMzW6ZqOW0</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 18, 2020, 03:56:05 PM »
WATCH: Former Manchester City and AEK Athens defender Joleon Lescott offers some advice to Levi Garcia

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TbQxo7O1o_g" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TbQxo7O1o_g</a>