April 26, 2024, 10:21:08 PM

Author Topic: Women Warriors Thread  (Read 131047 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA explains record women’s ticket prices for historic W/Cup contest
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2014, 05:00:59 PM »
Steups... we trying to make history here yet this f**ker talking about "record ticket prices."  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 13, 2014, 07:51:04 PM »
Very good price.

Hope the stadium is sold out.

The sarcasm is deafening.

I cah make that price this rounds...sorry Maylee...I there in spirit
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2014, 09:38:45 PM »
It will have plenty ppl, but many will stay away.

My concern is the younger school players who may want to go but can't. I would have given the female players in WoLF league a free entry. This is a good opportunity for young female footballers to feel and see the next level.

But daiz me.

I understand the price, but not really feeling it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2014, 01:36:31 AM »
That's a fair price considering Cost of Living in TnT. Lately I've been losing faith in some of Lasana's commentary and analysis. The pricing was NOT worthy of an investigation (or article) IMO

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2014, 03:07:26 AM »
It will have plenty ppl, but many will stay away.

My concern is the younger school players who may want to go but can't. I would have given the female players in WoLF league a free entry. This is a good opportunity for young female footballers to feel and see the next level.

But daiz me.

I understand the price, but not really feeling it.

Maybe not all but very good idea.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:05:41 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2014, 03:56:08 AM »
That's a fair price considering Cost of Living in TnT. Lately I've been losing faith in some of Lasana's commentary and analysis. The pricing was NOT worthy of an investigation (or article) IMO

Totally disagree. That could never be a fair price and the "logic" for the price is total BS.  :flamethrower:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2014, 05:09:45 AM »
Allyuh to f00cking cheap, a $100 and $200 TT is no kinda money.

Stop de f00cking cheapnest and go support de team.

Its not cheap, the FA needs the money.

I cah believe some of these f00ckers here, $15 US they cah spend but they could go in a rum shop and TGIF every f00cking Friday and spend hundreds.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2014, 07:20:32 AM »
Allyuh to f00cking cheap, a $100 and $200 TT is no kinda money.

Stop de f00cking cheapnest and go support de team.

Its not cheap, the FA needs the money.

I cah believe some of these f00ckers here, $15 US they cah spend but they could go in a rum shop and TGIF every f00cking Friday and spend hundreds.

Breds, I on the same page with you this morning!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2014, 07:33:59 AM »
How much for a fete ticket?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2014, 08:07:08 AM »
One would be amazed at how depressed prices/costs are in Ecuador ... in a dollarized economy (the US dollar is the currency in use). On the face of it, T&T is made more expensive on the basis of wielding supply and demand curve principles like a weapon. Under any accounting, eating a $2.50 2-course hot meal at lunch with a beverage ... is flicking amazing. Ah suppose the real correlation would be to cross-reference the comparative costs at KFC ...   ::)

Those 17,500 spectators at the first leg represent the most ppl ever to watch a women's game in Ecuador. Contrast that to the maybe 300 spectators that showed up at the same venue 4 days later to watch Independiente v. Nacional in the pro league top flight. Independiente was first going into the game, and Nacional fifth. Undoubtedly, the Ecuadoran federation got something right ... while seeking to balance multiple objectives, one of which included bolstering interest and mashing up stereotypes regarding the women's game ... and dey have a new stadium to build.

Local pricing should strike a balance with multiple objectives in mind. Yuh cyah develop the women's game to the exclusion of future or present young participants. Some of the ppl who the price point will capture ... are waggonists. Hopefully the net also captures ppl who will be faithful to the game on and off the field down de road.

Whatever the deal, the venue should be filled. I didn't expect the Atahualpa to be filled, and it wasn't ... but Ecuadorans were also shocked that 17.5K showed up to watch women ball. That's priceless.

What's priceless for us in terms of value and WC qualification?

What's the advertising blitz like for the second leg?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 08:08:56 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 14, 2014, 08:49:54 AM »
I'm curious…  To those who disagree with the pricing, what would you consider to be a "fair" cost of admission to this match?
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2014, 09:20:33 AM »
Really?

I cannot believe people beating up over $100 $200 for a f**king World Cup playoff game , a virtual final.

If it was Jack he would have charged easily 300 200, maybe more.

You will pay $600 dollars no questioned asked to watch bulla man Machel sing a few tunes but you beating up to pay a blue bill to support the Women ... Also the TTFA have to use the games that will have a good crowd to generate income and I think they could have gone greedy and it's very good to see they stuck realistic and went with a very very very fair price of 100 200.

Those who don't want to pay the fair price..save allyuh money for Carinval you waggonist shithongs.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2014, 10:04:03 AM »
Totally disagree. That could never be a fair price and the "logic" for the price is total BS.  :flamethrower:

So what would be a 'fair price'?  When the Men's National Team hosted their qualifying leg against Bahrain the price was $300 covered stands, $150 uncovered... and that was nine years ago.  People spending $100-$200 TTD to go Movietowne but can't/unwilling to spend that to support the women?  The TTFA has its faults, but people need to stop and re-assess their attitudes too.  Even at $40 a ticket they not going to watch Pro League football.  Central just had a match where admission was free, people still eh come out.  So tell me, what would be a fair price?  And no, pointing to what Ecuador did hardly aids the conversation, their economy and the financial situation with their football much different from ours.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:44:45 AM by Bakes »

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 14, 2014, 10:43:35 AM »

So what would be a 'fair price'?  When the Men's National Team hosted their qualifying leg against Bahrain the price was $300 covered stands, $150 uncovered... and that was nine years ago.  People spending $100-$200 TTD to go Movietowne but can't/unwilling to spend that to support the women?  The TTFA has its faults, but people need to stop and re-assess their attitudes too.  Even at $40 a ticket they not going to watch Pro League football.  Central just had a match where admission was free, people still eh come out.  So tell me, what would be a fair price?  And no, pointing to what Ecuador did hardly aids the conversation, there economy and the financial situation with their football much different from ours.

Also, am I missing something in the article?

The admission fee of $200 and $100 mirrors the price for Trinidad and Tobago’s vital 2006 World Cup qualifier against Mexico on 12 October 2005 when Stern John’s double got the “Soca Warriors” into a FIFA Play Off against Bahrain. Tickets for that historic match, which also featured icons Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy, were sold out.

The price for Trinidad and Tobago’s first leg clash with Bahrain in 2005 rose to $300 (covered) and $150 (uncovered) and there were over 5,000 fewer spectators for the contest in Port of Spain.

Is he saying that there were 5,000 fewer spectators in the TnT leg of the Bahrain tie than there were at the Mexico game? Unless I'm misinterpreting this, that is so far from being accurate. We all know the Bahrain leg was utter chaos and oversubscribed.

I remember reaching to the Mexico game when anthems were playing and still got a good choice of seats. Whereas the Bahrain game .......well those who were there know the level of drama surrounding that game.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 14, 2014, 10:51:47 AM »
The article just isn't very coherent.  This is a World Cup qualifier... clearly it's being priced on par with previous World Cup qualifiers, and ticket prices were set at the same level they were 9 years ago.  You can't compare this to a regular Pro League match and it sounds disingenous to argue that the TTFA shouldn't price this match competitive to the Senior Men's matches.  Some would respond, "well, this is ah woman's game"... but that is precisely the mentality we need to move away from.  This particular group of women, on the verge of achieving what would be a historic accomplishment, deserve better.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 14, 2014, 11:55:53 AM »
The fact that we have disagreement means that the price is just about right... Personally I find it is a steal of a deal... but doh tell the bandwaggonists... I don't want to have to fight up for tickets.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 14, 2014, 12:02:50 PM »
Homies, it is imperatives allyuh come out and support the national team. Allyuh read and see their trials and tribulations. Oh Gorm, please, give our DAUGHTERS their support nah!!!! What they have to do again? Please ah beggin. I on meh friggin knees. Please go and help out the ladies nah.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 12:04:46 PM by Deeks »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2014, 12:36:05 PM »
Homies, it is imperatives allyuh come out and support the national team. Allyuh read and see their trials and tribulations. Oh Gorm, please, give our DAUGHTERS their support nah!!!! What they have to do again? Please ah beggin. I on meh friggin knees. Please go and help out the ladies nah.

Deeks the fact that this is even an issue shows how much Trinbagonians care about their own.  Forget dem girls and instead bring Messi, bring Brazil, bring Ronaldo, bring England, bring Chronixx….. SMH. 
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2014, 12:53:56 PM »
Deeks and Firebrand, fully agreed.  Allyuh should read the comments to the article on Lasana's site, people honestly believe that the TTFA trying to get rich off this game.  If the TTFA lucky they'll gross about $2m-$3m TT from the gate, based on them selling 15,000- 20,000 tickets at $150.00 per.  $3 million TT might help the FA just about get out of the red, but won't make anybody rich.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2014, 01:10:35 PM »

Why do you disagree and what do you think is a fair price then, in your opinion?

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 14, 2014, 01:27:03 PM »
A soccer fanatic don't care about price!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #201 on: November 14, 2014, 01:33:31 PM »
Very good price.

Hope the stadium is sold out.

The sarcasm is deafening.

I cah make that price this rounds...sorry Maylee...I there in spirit

??   >:(

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 14, 2014, 01:37:38 PM »
Any word on where the tix available in de earlies?

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 14, 2014, 01:58:17 PM »
Some of you guys comments are embarrassing.

And even Maylee Atti-Johnson is getting sucked into this one by Lasana, she better stop worrying about these stuff and worry about getting the job done.

$100 TTD is $15.76 US Dollars !!!!!

That you cant spend to see possible history?

Shame on some of you here.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 14, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »

So what would be a 'fair price'?  When the Men's National Team hosted their qualifying leg against Bahrain the price was $300 covered stands, $150 uncovered... and that was nine years ago.  People spending $100-$200 TTD to go Movietowne but can't/unwilling to spend that to support the women?  The TTFA has its faults, but people need to stop and re-assess their attitudes too.  Even at $40 a ticket they not going to watch Pro League football.  Central just had a match where admission was free, people still eh come out.  So tell me, what would be a fair price?  And no, pointing to what Ecuador did hardly aids the conversation, their economy and the financial situation with their football much different from ours.

During the qualifiers prices were nowhere close to what they should have been for any WC Qualifier and the games where bitterly underpopulated. Its a case of "johnny come lately".....we on the verge of a possible qualification and now prices suddenly start to reflect what it should have been in the beginning?

Im not against the price for the games cause granted it is on par with a WC qualification. My issue is with the TTFA suddenly realising they have a chance to cash in on the "hot item" now and and bump up the price.........yes supply and demand....but at $60 we only had the die hards at the game....the bandwaggonist will just replace the die hards who will feel that there loyal support going through isn't now being rewarded...together with the many who just may not be able to afford it
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 14, 2014, 02:30:51 PM »
A  few weeks ago many at home and abroad expressed disbelief  and horror to learn of our women's team  predicament  upon arrival in the U.S ..i don't think much  more need to be said in that respect....  now here is the perfect opportunity to show  much needed support  for our Women's team come  (  December 2nd and people bitching about  paying $100 tt /$ 200 tt to go see the game?  wtf man   ..Ah really cyah believe it ..   for  frigging  sake   homies go show de ladies some love  , support de ladies  by showing  up ..... full that stadium, please go support dem ladies...   show dem ladies / our women warriors  team we believe in them , homies go show yuh support please.....  ah bet if   it was ah carnival fete  @ de stadium  $600tt  woulda be nuttin..!!!. :banginghead:   lawd i wish i was @ home for dat ......

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 14, 2014, 02:42:20 PM »
Extracted from the article:

And the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA), based on advice from its Local Organising Committee (LOC), has set the ticket prices at $200 (covered stands) and $100 (uncovered stands) for the return leg with children under-12 free in the uncovered section. The tickets are due to go on sale from November 17 at still undisclosed outlets.

In Quito, the Ecuador Football Federation (FEF) charged US$2 (TT$13) and US$5 (TT$32) for uncovered and covered stand tickets and US$10 for private boxes and was thrilled for a turnout of 17,500 patrons. Outside the Atahualapa Stadium, by means of context, it costs between US$5 and $10 for a meal at the mall.

However, Phillips dismissed any notion that the TTFA should mirror Ecuador’s approach in the first leg.

“That is Ecuador; Ecuador is not Trinidad and Tobago,” said the TTFA General Secretary. “We based our discussion based on feedback we got from the folks in Trinidad and Tobago. That was good and appropriate for Ecuador.

The WC qualifier was treated as an exception. Women also entered free.

Aucas, the second tier leader ... is a point away from sealing promotion from Serie B to Serie A. Game will be on Sunday at the Atahualpa also. Tickets are priced at $10, $18 and $30 US (box seats), and children will pay a $1. Whereas, on Wednesday night, when Independiente clashed with Nacional, it was $5 (covered) and $10 (uncovered).

Different events will command different assessments. In comparing, we shouldn't read more than is there.

Good debate; reasonable issue for inquiry. All ah we want ah full house.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 08:36:29 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 14, 2014, 02:48:42 PM »
During the qualifiers prices were nowhere close to what they should have been for any WC Qualifier and the games where bitterly underpopulated. Its a case of "johnny come lately".....we on the verge of a possible qualification and now prices suddenly start to reflect what it should have been in the beginning?

Im not against the price for the games cause granted it is on par with a WC qualification. My issue is with the TTFA suddenly realising they have a chance to cash in on the "hot item" now and and bump up the price.........yes supply and demand....but at $60 we only had the die hards at the game....the bandwaggonist will just replace the die hards who will feel that there loyal support going through isn't now being rewarded...together with the many who just may not be able to afford it

I know you's a fair man and a diehard... I seem to recall you and a handful of others wearing black to the England game to protest the blacklist of the 2006 WC players, so I know you does support.   That being said, doh fall for the fiction that the TTFA trying to profit on the backs of the ladies, perception is a helluva thing and I realize how it might seem to the skeptics, but putting aside the emotions over perceived 'price gouging', putting aside mistrust of the FA... you self concede that the price is on par for an important qualifier like this.  You can't hold against the TTFA the fact that they was underpricing tickets before and "all of a sudden" want to price them closer to reasonable.  Stop and think about that for a second, that make any sense?  They had to undersell tickets before because nobody was paying attention to the womens' game... now they are. 

Bear in mind also, all of the fixed costs associated with hosting a game at the HCS remained the same in the past... they didn't get any discounts from vendors/service providers etc. just because nobody didn't care about women's football before.  People don't realize that the FA was operating at a loss when it hosted these earlier games... yuh can't fault them for now trying to make back a little money to stay afloat.  And then we does want to pong dem for "only sitting down and waiting on government handout."

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 14, 2014, 03:32:25 PM »
Well said bakes.....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #209 on: November 14, 2014, 04:11:26 PM »
You know whats amazing, the people in Texas raised over 9,000 USD for a team that was no where close to where they are now, furthermore, more than half of them are none Trinis.

They didn't care whether they were getting back something in return, in-fact, they didn't even know if the team would have reached this far. I am sure they didn't even know the players, they even bought food and drinks for them.

A few months ago, even some of the diehards didn't want to pay $40 TT to go see the women play.

If the TTFA is using this game to generate some much needed funds, I see nothing wrong with that.

Its a business in a sense and they have to take advantage of the situation so they can help stand on their feet, its not like the money is going into someones pocket. Its going back into the teams.

Just to bring the foreign players for the men's team cost over a million dollars. Its expensive to run a FA and have teams compete in tournaments.

Lets be logical here guys, anyone of you in the same position would have done the same, besides, $100 dollars is not much to go see the ladies play, it wouldn't break you. It costing a little more than a 6-pack of Carib.

Trinis are to dam cheap, imagine, we run a donation for kids every year on the SWO and not one of the persons here complaining ever donated to the cause to help the kids.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 04:34:44 PM by Flex »

1]; } ?>