April 24, 2024, 06:02:20 PM

Author Topic: Women Warriors Thread  (Read 130595 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Maylee and Kennya refuse to join “Women Warriors” under current manager
« Reply #360 on: November 16, 2015, 03:13:18 PM »
I hear you Deeks. Dah smiling could be a well-edited, politically driven, all-skin-teet-is-not-laugh photo or video opp.
Uncle Tim might need that more than anybody as it's his upcoming election to lose and the news releases on him have been less than flattering. Could be the end of lots of juicy brown envelopes, 5 star hotel experiences with various Sheiks and Presidents and the collapse of his other career if he is shown up to be a traitor to Trini football by being conductor and close observer of the mismanagement off the field.

He is hoping for a good showing (and so are we!!) for the MST but there may be an additional agenda of hoping that a win by T&T vs USA just before a carefully timed & postponed election, will be milked for all it's worth to say: "I am the man who made this happen, so vote for me" ... and don't take notice of what else is going on.
Nevertheless, it's a good sign that the administrators are under such pressure to at least look as if dey performin' . It eh go fool K-9 Jones and BraveHart, latter who is waiting for a proper contract as his leverage and negotiating power continues to rise. Uncle Tim would not dare do a "Sheldon" on him as it would cause serious repercussions.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 03:18:16 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 16, 2015, 09:34:44 PM »
Alyuh forgetting one thing, is woman we dealing with and they don't always think logically but can sometimes let emotions cloud there judgement or reasoning... (Ladies doh buss meh head, you know is true  :o)

With that said, Maylee, Kenya and the entire team has Sacrificed tremendously for the sake of women's football. They've given Blood, sweat and plenty of tears, and has put ladies football on the Map, so I can't be vex with them for voicing there displeasure and concerns. They should be free to do so without fear of persecution from this Administration and even the fans. They, at the very least deserve a lil God damn respect from the TTFA for there service to our National Team. Ladies, I wish you all the very best and hope the matter is resolved  :beermug:..   
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:38:28 PM by Adam Lake »

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 16, 2015, 10:11:23 PM »
Alyuh forgetting one thing, is woman we dealing with and they don't always think logically but can sometimes let emotions cloud there judgement or reasoning... (Ladies doh buss meh head, you know is true  :o)

With that said, Maylee, Kenya and the entire team has Sacrificed tremendously for the sake of women's football. They've given Blood, sweat and plenty of tears, and has put ladies football on the Map, so I can't be vex with them for voicing there displeasure and concerns. They should be free to do so without fear of persecution from this Administration and even the fans. They, at the very least deserve a lil God damn respect from the TTFA for there service to our National Team. Ladies, I and hope the matter is resolved  :beermug:..   
     Adam  with all due respect  the comment as in referrence to  { woman  / women  not always thinking logically  but can sometimes allow their emotions to cloud their  judgement or reasoning ) is sexist !  sorry   bro its not  really reassuring to the ladies cause ..

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 17, 2015, 01:42:58 PM »
The bottom line is that between the TTFA and TTOC they could have resolved the issue.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 21, 2015, 07:29:56 AM »
Now that de women team is de 2015 CFU Women’s Olympic Qualifying Champions yuh go see how fast Maylee go buy ticket now.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
T&T Women Soca Warriors Thread
« Reply #365 on: November 27, 2015, 06:05:43 PM »
I can't seem to find a dedicated thread to the Women's football team that is not tied to a particular tournament so I've started this one. 

Mods please merge if there is already a dedicated thread to the Women's Football team that I am overlooking.

I came over this great interview with guests Ahkeela Mollon and Narada Wilson today and thought I should post it to the dedicated Women's Football thread on this board.
I think this interview took place back in June of this year and the show is called "Field Of Dreams" hosted by ex-national striker Steve David.

Field Of Dreams Ep 7 - Current State Of Women's Football In Trinidad & Toabago
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LDCteUbchho" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LDCteUbchho</a>
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 06:43:07 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Women Soca Warriors Thread
« Reply #366 on: November 27, 2015, 06:29:12 PM »
Good timing to highlight these undervalued, exploited, abused and marginalized Warriors.
Recurring story of being used for our instant gratification-limin' pleasure & blog habits but discarded for the nex' hedonistic Warrior quest.

Interestingly, the person who took the time to respect Ahkeela Mollon, was none other than the supposedly flip phone-challenged "old man" Steve David.
These are the people (Lady Warriors) that Uncle Tim wants to silence.
Ahkeela, we salute you.

Here's inspirational Warrior Captain Maylee Attin-Johnson on an earlier episode (#3) of "Field of Dreams" panel with host Steve David, Narada Wilson, Gally Cummings & Selby Browne.

Field of Dreams Ep 3:
"The 4 teams that represented us in the World Cup that made a statement in our football history"
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2Cn1qCeTUrY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2Cn1qCeTUrY</a>
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 07:44:22 PM by dreamer »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 27, 2015, 08:06:23 PM »
Maylee-Attin Johnson: Goal vs Guatemala
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/koO6behJbDQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/koO6behJbDQ</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 27, 2015, 08:08:24 PM »

Sorry but I have to ask. Flex are we going to post everything about our Women's National team in just this one thread now? Still a TnT football forum right.?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 28, 2015, 01:11:33 AM »

Sorry but I have to ask. Flex are we going to post everything about our Women's National team in just this one thread now? Still a TnT football forum right.?

Did Flex or anyone else post a command that eveything about T&T Women's football be posted in this thread?

You post wherever you want to on the topic, its up to you.

I simply decided to start this thread because I couldn't find one dedicated to T&T Women's Football which deserves much more attention in my eyes than it has been getting.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 28, 2015, 05:48:24 AM »
I am not sure if to post here on in a random TnT Women's Football thread Socapro just created  :D

Anyway these two players may want to evaluate their attitudes before returning to TnT squad because the team won the Championship with good team chemistry so we do t want attitudes coming in and interfering with chemistry.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #371 on: November 28, 2015, 06:58:02 AM »

It would be nice and easy for future references if we kept most related news on one thread, but if you feel something is of importance and deserve a new thread then feel free.

Have one specific thread really helps find old articles.

Unlike the men's team, the women play 3/4 game per year so there isn't a lot of news on them. But I guess as tournament picks up I am sure there will be other threads like we normally do.

As SP said, no rule here.

Thank you.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 28, 2015, 11:37:33 AM »
I am not sure if to post here on in a random TnT Women's Football thread Socapro just created  :D

Anyway these two players may want to evaluate their attitudes before returning to TnT squad because the team won the Championship with good team chemistry so we do t want attitudes coming in and interfering with chemistry.

Sando, you have a point. But these ladies, in their minds have some legitimate reasons for their stance. We would like for them to suck it up and  give it a go for the team, the nation, etc. But how long this been going on. At some point you just tired of promises. I think they want the TTFA to bring back the Houston coach pronto. For whatever reasons, he brings the best out of the ladies. They feel that way and should be given the benefit of doubt. They are the players, not us. I think, I hoping they will play. But clearly look at the situation. Olympic qualifying and TTFA election. You think these ladies should not be in camp already doing serious training with the coach. But we have election campaign. I think the women should have had the priority over elections.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:39:55 AM by Deeks »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 28, 2015, 11:38:43 AM »

Why do you always allow threads that Socapro start to bother you so much? You are the only poster here who seems to do that.

I said to the Mods to merge my thread if there is already one here on the topic.

Also the thread that I created on the topic of the Women's Football Team is not a random thread as it serves a specific purpose and will make finding dedicated information on the T&T Women's Football Teams much easier in the future once it is posted to regularly enough by enough posters.

And no one here commanded you to post in that thread so no need to be openly agonizing over where to post, just post where ever you choose to as you usually do.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:46:23 AM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 28, 2015, 11:59:13 AM »
Socapussy please stop chasing me around in every thread. If yuh feeling lonely go and finger yuh crutch  :beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 28, 2015, 12:08:51 PM »
Socapussy please stop chasing me around in every thread. If yuh feeling lonely go and finger yuh crutch  :beermug:

Please stop with your childish behaviour and name calling.

You are the one calling out my name unnecessarily in your posts like whatever I post bothers you to distraction.

Grow up and make your posts without having to reference my name like I am always on your mind.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 28, 2015, 12:28:05 PM »

You are the one calling out my name unnecessarily in your posts like whatever I post bothers you to distraction.

Grow up and make your posts without having to reference my name like I am always on your mind.
j

Socapro can a board moderator not lock a topic / thread ? Therefore limiting posting to only one thread such as the one you had created. I for one find it so much easier to just navigate in only one thread myself personally.

Cheers

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 28, 2015, 12:53:02 PM »

Sando, you have a point. But these ladies, in their minds have some legitimate reasons for their stance. We would like for them to suck it up and  give it a go for the team, the nation, etc. But how long this been going on. At some point you just tired of promises. I think they want the TTFA to bring back the Houston coach pronto. For whatever reasons, he brings the best out of the ladies. They feel that way and should be given the benefit of doubt. They are the players, not us. I think, I hoping they will play. But clearly look at the situation. Olympic qualifying and TTFA election. You think these ladies should not be in camp already doing serious training with the coach. But we have election campaign. I think the women should have had the priority over elections.

The only thing I disagree with is Kennya saying she wouldn't play for the national team because of the manager.  I don't know what the manager did to make her say that, but I'm sure she has her reasons.  That being said, you can't let such pettiness get in the way of representing your country.  Other than that, I agree with everything you say here Deeks... the other day Arin King posted pretty much the same thing verbatim on her FB wall.  There are legitimate grievances... even the U-20 women struggling from administrative screw ups and they getting ready for their own round of qualifications.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 28, 2015, 12:59:48 PM »

j

Socapro can a board moderator not lock a topic / thread ? Therefore limiting posting to only one thread such as the one you had created. I for one find it so much easier to just navigate in only one thread myself personally.

Cheers

As you said a dedicated thread on a topic makes it much easier to navigate and the thread I created is meant to facilitate exactly that.

However I think posters should still have the freedom to post wherever they choose and the role of the Mods would then be to decide if certain posts should be merged into the dedicated thread or left where they are which makes them much harder to find and reference weeks and months later.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 01:01:47 PM by Socapro »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 28, 2015, 01:56:33 PM »
Allyuh just remember to maintain civility and decorum in all conversation and debate.
Just a reminder.

Carry on.  :beermug:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 28, 2015, 02:04:02 PM »
Allyuh just remember to maintain civility and decorum in all conversation and debate.
Just a reminder.

Carry on.  :beermug:

Please don't say "allyuh" and called the name of the offender as I have clearly maintained civility and decorum unlike Sando prince.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 28, 2015, 02:12:30 PM »
^^ I see SocaClown still have a hard on. Fella still have Sando Prince on his mind. Remember what ah tell yuh to do if yuh feeling bored. Scroll up the page if yuh forget

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 28, 2015, 03:08:48 PM »
^^ I see SocaClown still have a hard on. Fella still have Sando Prince on his mind. Remember what ah tell yuh to do if yuh feeling bored. Scroll up the page if yuh forget

Just as I said to FF. Its clear which poster in this thread has no civility and decorum so no need to use the term "allyuh" in advising civility and decorum and call the name of the offender.

Some posters here just need to grow up.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 03:11:01 PM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 28, 2015, 03:11:56 PM »

Just as I said to FF. Its clear which poster in this thread has no civility and decorum so no need to use the term "allyuh" in advising civility and decorum and call the name of the offender.

One day you will realize most times people are ignoring you  :D

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 28, 2015, 03:14:20 PM »

One day you will realize most times people are ignoring you  :D

Wish you would take your own advice about ignoring and stop calling up my name unnecessarily in your post.
Then when I address your paranoia about whatever Socapro posts you resort to childish name calling.

Time to grow up.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cordner ready to don T&T colours again
« Reply #385 on: November 29, 2015, 12:57:26 PM »
Cordner ready to don T&T colours again
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago forward Kennya Cordner is ready to wear the national shirt with pride again after being named in the Senior National Women’s Team squad for the two upcoming international friendlies with World champions United States next month.

Cordner, a valuable member of the team that came to within a whisker of qualifying for the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup will join her teammates for the first friendly in Hawaii on December 6th and the second outing in Texas on December 10th.

The full squad selected by head coach Randy Waldrum will be announced on Sunday (today).

In an immediate reaction to the recall, Cordner said “To be back on the squad to help out and do what I do best which is scoring goals is a good feeling. I know due to certain situation I couldn’t be on the squad for the CFU (Olympic qualifiers) but I’m still the same old ‘Yaya Monsta,’” she told TTFA Media on Saturday night.

“This game against the US is going to be my returning game after being hurt in July so I’m looking forward to it and hopefully we can get a good result .”

Giving her feelings on the two matches against the 2015 world champions which T&T lost 1-0 to in the CONCACAF Final round in 201,5, Cordner said it would be a big boost but she expects it to be very challenging for T&T.

“It’s good for the national team to finally get two international game leading up to the Olympics qualifiers in February. It’s going to be a tough one because the US have been playing since July and we just started back two months ago. These two games will give us an indication of how much work we would need to put in before the Olympic qualifiers in February.”

Waldrum who was in Trinidad recently, will team up with fellow staff members Sharon O’Brien (Manager), Ben Waldrum (Assistant Coach), Anthony Creece (Assistant Coach), Benyam Astorga (Trainer), Claire George (Kit manager), Clayton Ince (Goalkeeper coach) and Michael Taylor (Physio).

The first of the two friendlies which is part of the US Victory tour, will be played Aloha Stadium in Honolulu at3 p.m. local/8 p.m. ET and will be aired on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports GO).The Second match in Texas will kick off at 8 p.m. CT and the game will be broadcast on ESPN2 and WatchESPN.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 29, 2015, 01:21:54 PM »
Players treating the national team like a conga line.  Joke.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 29, 2015, 01:50:41 PM »

dey probably just following the TTFA........ is Waldrum in or out? 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 29, 2015, 02:19:24 PM »

You have money to pay Waldrum?  How are the two even comparable?  A player says she not playing for the national team... because she doh like de manager... not the coach... the f**king manager.  Next thing yuh know she back in the team like nothing happen.  And you here talking shit about Waldrum?  Allyuh not serious.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 29, 2015, 02:45:40 PM »

You have money to pay Waldrum?  How are the two even comparable?  A player says she not playing for the national team... because she doh like de manager... not the coach... the f**king manager.  Next thing yuh know she back in the team like nothing happen.  And you here talking shit about Waldrum?  Allyuh not serious.

breeds me ain't arguing with you. as a matter of fact I agree with you about Cordner. However yuh ain't answer meh question about slack in slack out with Waldrum and de TTFA. You cannot have a coach one month when yuh have money yuh have him and de next month you use somebody else  because yuh don't have money and den yuh have money again yuh bring him back in......... dat is congo line too. 

1]; } ?>