March 29, 2024, 03:18:24 AM

Author Topic: Women Warriors Thread  (Read 129096 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Princesses begin qualifying preparation.
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2014, 01:54:04 PM »
Lobbed goal.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2014, 02:17:24 PM »
2 good saves by USC to deny the equalizer. Sadly, T&T look largely disinterested in going fwd. This game is excruciatingly slow. Left-sided TT central defender incurred injury. Game stopped briefly.

Then ...

Opportunity to equalize for TT @ the other end. Dead ball situation. Ball lobbed over the goal.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2014, 02:33:17 PM »
7 subs engaged in a possession activity at the half ... seemed to have started 4 v 3 ... then 3 v 3 + a neutral.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:35:56 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2014, 02:39:18 PM »
... then a technical warm-up with emphasis on passing. This and the above were with Coach Latchoo. The passing quality here was significantly better than in display during the game ... even considering the absence of pressure.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2014, 02:44:23 PM »
Goal! @ 49' equalizer by left mid.

SC 1 TT 1

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2014, 02:53:58 PM »
We are playing without numbered kit so ... not easy to distinguish some of the players.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2014, 03:00:43 PM »
Much better sequence of play ... Right mid is now playing as center mid ... More creativity on display.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2014, 03:06:07 PM »
Notable is the absence of a substitution rotation. @ 71'

Great double save by our goalie.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2014, 03:09:42 PM »
2-1 them!

Disallowed! 1-1

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2014, 03:11:28 PM »
Keepers rotated. @ 78'

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2014, 03:14:51 PM »
Passing has improved. Sun has gone down. Finally use of width.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2014, 03:51:03 PM »
1-1 FT. Closed out the game with more attacking commitment.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2014, 10:23:22 PM »
Lobbed goal.

Miscommunication between our left back and left centre back was a direct result of this goal.  Our keeper then was indecisive coming off her line as she was thinking our defenders would right the issues.  Before our keeper knew it the ball was in the back of the night far side. 

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2014, 10:41:11 AM »
In the game versus Coastal Carolina the Princesses won 3-2. Goals scored were Kordner, King , Kordner. Coastal scored first we then tied it & then Coastal went up we than tied it & then went up late in the 2nd half. We were playing behind the 8 ball from the get go.The team arrived late to the match as they were given wrong instructions as to get to the field.

Arriving late & not getting a proper warm up affected the girls as they were very lethargic to say the least. We also started many of the younger players that did not get into the USC game on Saturday. Many of the youngsters were very tentative and IMHO were afraid to make mistakes. I was expecting to see more pace & jump from our youth as they should have been chomping at the bit to make an impression on the coaching staff to show they deserve to be regulars with the seniors.The opposite occurred IMHO on both sides of the ball. There was moments of flash however not for the full 90 minutes.

The team came away with the "W" however take the ugly 3 points & run after the game film is dissected. Personally I would burn it. Bottom line is against CFU teams an effort like that is put in the ladies will get shredded. Only 3 players IMHO showed up to play and they were Kimika Forbes, Arin King & YaYa Kordner. Overall a successful trip for the Princesses as these friendlies have given the coaching staff a good indication as to who is ready & who needs work. Further breakdowns off all the games " film " will show deeper what needs immediate attention.

Next on tap are the CFU's. No official dates have been announced by the CFU organizing body. The CFU calendar indicated dates in early May however team mgmt has not heard from the CFU officials yet. It will be better for us if it is at the end of May as we still have a few seniors at school in the states they would have early May conflicts. Am hearing the Trinidad may get the first round of the CFU at home so the 12th man in the stands will be huge for the ladies. Good luck ladies in your continued training.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2014, 10:56:06 AM »
In the game versus Coastal Carolina the Princesses won 3-2. Goals scored were Kordner, King , Kordner. Coastal scored first we then tied it & then Coastal went up we than tied it & then went up late in the 2nd half. We were playing behind the 8 ball from the get go.The team arrived late to the match as they were given wrong instructions as to get to the field.

Arriving late & not getting a proper warm up affected the girls as they were very lethargic to say the least. We also started many of the younger players that did not get into the USC game on Saturday. Many of the youngsters were very tentative and IMHO were afraid to make mistakes. I was expecting to see more pace & jump from our youth as they should have been chomping at the bit to make an impression on the coaching staff to show they deserve to be regulars with the seniors.The opposite occurred IMHO on both sides of the ball. There was moments of flash however not for the full 90 minutes.

The team came away with the "W" however take the ugly 3 points & run after the game film is dissected. Personally I would burn it. Bottom line is against CFU teams an effort like that is put in the ladies will get shredded. Only 3 players IMHO showed up to play and they were Kimika Forbes, Arin King & YaYa Kordner. Overall a successful trip for the Princesses as these friendlies have given the coaching staff a good indication as to who is ready & who needs work. Further breakdowns off all the games " film " will show deeper what needs immediate attention.

Next on tap are the CFU's. No official dates have been announced by the CFU organizing body. The CFU calendar indicated dates in early May however team mgmt has not heard from the CFU officials yet. It will be better for us if it is at the end of May as we still have a few seniors at school in the states they would have early May conflicts. Am hearing the Trinidad may get the first round of the CFU at home so the 12th man in the stands will be huge for the ladies. Good luck ladies in your continued training.

Thanks for the reports soccer19!
Did Linfah Jones get any playing time? How did she look between the uprights? I saw her in the U17 WC and loved her spirit and commitment ....she read the game well and her positioning was pretty good....my only concern was that she was a little on the short side and thus susceptible to the high balls and lobs...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:58:37 AM by Michael-j »

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2014, 12:01:45 PM »

Thanks for the reports soccer19!
Did Linfah Jones get any playing time? How did she look between the uprights? I saw her in the U17 WC and loved her spirit and commitment ....she read the game well and her positioning was pretty good....my only concern was that she was a little on the short side and thus susceptible to the high balls and lobs...

She played the 1st two games in full as Kimika Forbes was still at school (University of Maine / Fort Kent) and she only arrived  late Saturday afternoon. The game versus USC was originally at 18:00 however with the time change to earlier coupled with Forbes flight coming in around 15:00 we are lucky she even got any time in the 2nd half.

I did not see those 1st two games however a 7 nil game I was told she did not see much leather. In the 2nd game I cannot comment as I was not there however was told she played well in that game. In game three she saw the 1st half and part of the 2nd. Made some very nice saves (one breakaway save she came up big in particular) however the goal that was scored she hesitated (see previous post) coming off of her line. If she came out when her gut first told her to go she would have saved the goal.There was a corner kick that was bent in over her head to the back side of the net however USC was ruled offside. From my vantage point it was really hard for me to tell whether USC was offside or not.  Other than the one faux pas I liked what I saw.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2014, 01:49:46 PM »
RE: Linfah and the USC game

She did reasonably well. Obviously Kimika's physical stature is more imposing, but I can't think of a game situation in which Linfah's height impacted the game or her approach to the game. She does not seem to lack courage, and, based on what was in evidence, could only get better with targeted training. (How tall is she anyway?)

Although she tended to reach her target players, I thought there could have been the occasional variation in her distribution of the ball. Otherwise, above I noted a double save that was very creditable ... overall, she did not leave anything but a positive impression. (I recall an assertive action or two on defending corners also).

As far as the goal: I disagree somewhat with Soccer 19's assessment. To fully analyze what happened, I suggest rewinding to the development of the play. USC played a pass (from central midfield) aimed at getting in behind the defence. Though intelligent, the pass itself was unremarkable and should have been innocuous. It had no pace on it, and was predictable to read. HOWEVER, the right-sided central defender failed to react with sufficient urgency to stifle the play ... her outside back had pushed up marginally, and the ball, though placed between the gap between them (it was perhaps not more than 10 yards), would have been hers to retrieve possession ... but for the casualness of her reaction. I'm calling it that because she saw the danger, but only seemed to take it seriously when SC's flank player actually took possession, even then she didn't assert herself. It was the defender's failure to react that prompted Linfah to move off her line ... and for a brief moment it looked as if she had managed to delay the attacker sufficiently, but the lob was executed, and at that point it was out of her hands ...

HOWEVER, Linfah should also be credited for narrowing the angle that was available to the attacker ... and this is where OTHER players are culpable on the goal ... the left central and left flank defenders did not assist her effort and could have prevented that goal had one (or both) recovered to the central goal area/far post. Granted, they reacted, but only after the lob was in progress. (It either bounced off the post or hit the immediate side-netting).

It was an avoidable goal, but it was not generated merely by the GK's decision-making.

The right sided defender had been incorporating into the attack ... although on this occasion she wasn't fully pushed up ... she too looked disinterested in recovering ... she had options ... such as to cover the left central defender ... particularly had the left central defender made a decision to delay the attacker. It wasn't an impressive sequence.

I don't know what Linfah's verbal communication is like with her defence.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2014, 02:07:07 PM »

She played the 1st two games in full as Kimika Forbes was still at school (University of Maine / Fort Kent) and she only arrived  late Saturday afternoon. The game versus USC was originally at 18:00 however with the time change to earlier coupled with Forbes flight coming in around 15:00 we are lucky she even got any time in the 2nd half.

I did not see those 1st two games however a 7 nil game I was told she did not see much leather. In the 2nd game I cannot comment as I was not there however was told she played well in that game. In game three she saw the 1st half and part of the 2nd. Made some very nice saves (one breakaway save she came up big in particular) however the goal that was scored she hesitated (see previous post) coming off of her line. If she came out when her gut first told her to go she would have saved the goal.There was a corner kick that was bent in over her head to the back side of the net however USC was ruled offside. From my vantage point it was really hard for me to tell whether USC was offside or not.  Other than the one faux pas I liked what I saw.

Offside?? from a corner kick? Did the ball get cleared and come back in?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2014, 08:07:39 AM »

To answer your question " No ". Everybody was saying it was an offside ( that's what i assumed). The AR had his flag up now I did not see him twirling it to indicate a foul & the man in the middle to not run over to ask him. Very strange call IMHO. Asylumseeker I am not sure where you were sitting however what were your thought's on this play?

Cheers   19

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2014, 08:15:55 AM »
It was an avoidable goal, but it was not generated merely by the GK's decision-making.

Maybe I should re-read before I type. That is what happens when you are sleep deprived. I do agree with your assessment of the play however from my vantage point (behind the Trinidad bench - close to the play) when the play came over the top our keepers 1st instinct was to come and punch the ball away. She hesitated ever so marginally because she thought our defenders would clear the ball. That slight hesitation to go & punch/parry the ball left the net exposed.

I am not blaming her by any means for the goal as our defenders should have cleared the ball. Just making a comment about her original hesitation.

Sorry you did not make the Coastal game as would have liked to have met you at that pitch.

Cheers

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2014, 08:24:45 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago senior national women’s football team won and drew on the weekend, to end a four-match tour of South Carolina unbeaten. The Soca Princesses ended their tour against USA college teams with three victories and a draw.

T&T gave several young players a run when they ended with a 3-2 win over Coastal Carolina University on Sunday. Top scorer Kenya “Ya Ya” cordner scored twice along with Toronto-based defender Arin King. The Soca Princesses twice trailed before Cordner struck the winning goal.

http://www.socawarriors.net/womens-team/womens-team-news/womens-senior-team-news/13752-soca-princesses-play-unbeaten.html

Arin King has been playing mostly midfield this tour and has looked very comfortable feeding her fellow forwards & or " YaYa" with switched balls to put her on the attack.

Good to see the team playing rather than just training as they need more high level matches in order to keep improving. They have a lot to sharpen up however the core looks good. They should do well at CFU's in May & then July (locations to be determined) and this forumite will be disappointed if they don't move on to Concacaf.

They need to play the likes of Mexico , Costa Rica & even some Conmebol teams this summer / early fall to really gauge what needs tweaking.

Keep up the good work ladies.

Cheers  19

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2014, 08:42:22 AM »

To answer your question " No ". Everybody was saying it was an offside ( that's what i assumed). The AR had his flag up now I did not see him twirling it to indicate a foul & the man in the middle to not run over to ask him. Very strange call IMHO. Asylumseeker I am not sure where you were sitting however what were your thought's on this play?

Cheers   19

Foul determined by the ref without the AR's assistance?

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2014, 10:29:38 AM »
Foul determined by the ref without the AR's assistance?

Thanks for the FYI heads up on that call.

Cheers

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2014, 11:31:20 PM »
Catching up with Technical Director Anton Corneal after the completion of a four-match tour of South Carolina by the T&T Senior Women's team.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jhzJKRMVfn8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jhzJKRMVfn8</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2014, 02:00:34 AM »
T&T want to host Caribbean opening round.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Marlon Charles, Trinidad and Tobago senior national women team head coach, is hoping that T&T will host the opening round of Caribbean qualifying for the  2015 World Cup, which is carded for May. 

Charles was speaking following the Soca Princesses’ return from last week’s pre-tournament training camp in the USA.

“I think the Caribbean qualification will be a high standard.  Like a mini World Cup.  And we are hoping that the first leg is here in Trinidad and Tobago,” Charles said.

“Every Caribbean team has the same dream us. Every Caribbean team wants to qualify for this World Cup because it might be the best chance to get to one. Assuming the USA will qualify, there are still two automatic qualifying spot and a playoff spot left.  It’s almost like three spots. “

While on tour, the Soca Princesses won three matches and drew once against South Carolina university teams.  Trinidad and Tobago opened with a 7-0 win against  Charlestown Southern University, before edging College of Charleston 1-0. They drew 1-1 with University of South Carolina (USC) and ended the tour with a 3-2 over Coastal Carolina University.

‘”I think that the objective was met in that we got a chance to play as a team in a competitive setting and we had to play to get a result,” Charles said. “The first game gave us the opportunity to find our feet, but the other three were very competitive. You know how American teams play. They never gave us a chance to relax.”

On tour, T&T got a look at one USA-born player, and want to see her again. But Charles was not able to see all the USA players he wanted to due to school commitments. Locals players on the fringe of the team were also give a chance to play. Also on tour was technical director Anton Corneal, who felt the player showed a lot of character. Sometimes they came from behind to get a result, and were able to also take control of some matches.   

Corneal felt there would definitely be a lot of competition for places with World Cup qualifier coming up. Canada-based defender Daniel Blair has begun training following surgery, while Ahkeela Mollon is playing professionally in Sweden  and is expected to join the team at some point, along with several USA-based college players. Ten or so members of the team are based in Trinidad and Tobago will the other based abroad.

“We have not seen all of them,” Corneal said.  “In mid-May we will bring them all together in a group of about 30. Players, will definitely have to play for their spot.”

“We are looking to see every player we can get an eye on so that we can look to build the best possible team,” Charles added. “Some of the Under-20s like the Debisette twins and Anique Walker are likely to start training with us in April.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2014, 09:50:17 PM »
HIGHLIGHTS of University of South Carolina Women vs T&T Women on March 22nd at Stone Stadium. The match ended in a 1-1 draw.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SYjiJ1zvMEg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SYjiJ1zvMEg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2014, 06:47:56 AM »
The hi lights don't due justice of what actually occured during the match.  Mostly followed USC.  Question to those why are in the know.  Has Cirneal completely left the TTFA ? The women's team was the only team he was regularly attending daily practises as he was heavily involved. Is he gone ?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2014, 01:01:57 PM »
We have a massive problem with our female defenders and bystander apathy. Our 2nd and 3rd defenders seem to not assess the urgency of situations in and around the box. This was present in the U17s, the U20s and from the little highlights you get glimpse of this problem also.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2014, 01:36:37 PM »
The hi lights don't due justice of what actually occured during the match.  Mostly followed USC.  Question to those why are in the know.  Has Cirneal completely left the TTFA ? The women's team was the only team he was regularly attending daily practises as he was heavily involved. Is he gone ?

Give thanks.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2014, 01:42:17 PM »
The TTFA maybe, just maybe, need to take a  peek at Venezuela program.

Suddenly that Venezuelan offer to play mentioned by AC looks like something to pursue.

1]; } ?>