March 28, 2024, 05:56:36 AM

Author Topic: Women Warriors Thread  (Read 129005 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Women Warriors Thread
« Reply #660 on: October 08, 2021, 06:32:17 AM »
There was a significant outcry from a sector of the local coaching fraternity about Thomas' lack of head coaching experience ...

Enter the pic, a England-based pro club to sweep up Thomas and hard to ignore the bemusement that creates.

A team with day in, day out obligations on a different scale to the WNT has been banging on his door and are enthusiastic about elevating him to a position in which he still lacks head coaching experience. Is it that they have money to lose? Nah, maybe better insight than the straight line thinkers.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 06:36:35 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #661 on: October 08, 2021, 06:39:11 AM »
Robert Hadad disappointed as coach quits on women Warriors.
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday).

NORMALISATION committee chairman Robert Hadad expressed displeasure with Wednesday’s sudden resignation of national women’s team coach James Thomas.

He, however, called on the in-training bunch of national players to try to remain focused ahead of next month’s Concacaf women’s qualifiers as the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) explores its options to appoint another head coach.

Thomas resigned after just five months in charge. A statement issued by TTFA on Wednesday said Thomas resigned to take up a role at a club in the professional women’s league in the UK.He was appointed T&T women’s coach in April and took up official duty when he arrived in June. Thomas signed an initial one-year contract with an option to extend for a further year.National women’s team assistant coach Charlie Mitchell now spearheads the team’s training sessions while the TTFA searches for Thomas’ replacement.

Haded called on the national team to stick together amidst the challenges.

“It’s really disappointing to see James go but we will re-group. The plan and campaign for the senior women’s team remains in place and we really optimistic about the potential of the team and the staff. It’s just a matter of re-focusing now and continuing to work,” Hadad said.

The TTFA statement added that Thomas’ move will be formally confirmed by the club later this week, and will see him accept a multi-year contract.It added, “Thomas turned down multiple approaches from the UK based club over the last few weeks; however their latest offer proved too good for the Welsh native to turn down” The former Wales assistant coach and performance analyst holds a UEFA A License and a UEFA Elite Youth A License.The TTFA also quoted the now ex-coach on his decision to jump ship for greener pastures.Thomas said, “This has been an incredibly tough decision to make. It’s disappointing because you have a fantastic group of players here.“This is an opportunity that came up for the third time and it was too difficult to turn down again.”The coach said he believes T&T’s women will go on to be successful and wished the normalisation committee, the TTFA staff, team staff and the players the best. TTFA expressed disappointment with the coach’s untimely departure but still thanked him for the work done with the senior women’s programme.The association plans to “build on that foundation into our Concacaf women’s qualifying campaign which begins in November 2021.”

The women’s team plays their opening Concacaf qualifiers versus Nicaragua on November 25 and Dominica on November 28.

The TTFA also confirmed the women’s team will play two friendly international matches in the October 2021 window, at the Ato Boldon Stadium, in Couva, after receiving permission from the Ministry of Health to stage the matches. These friendlies will provide welcomed match preparation for the team in the build-up to the November qualifiers.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bitter Taste: Richard Hood unsure about applying for Thomas’ post
« Reply #662 on: October 08, 2021, 06:57:46 AM »
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

RICHARD HOOD felt so disenfranchised following the process that appointed James Thomas as Trini­dad and Tobago senior women’s national team coach in June that he is undecided whether to declare his candidacy as a replacement for the Welshman, who quit five months into the job, and is headed to a club in England’s Women’s Super League.

The news that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) is on the lookout for a new coach—with CONCACAF World Cup qualifying due to start next month—has not excited former national senior and Under-20 women’s coach Hood.

He is unsure if he will apply for the job.

“I am not ruling out the possibility, but it is not at the top of my mind at this time,” Hood told the Express yesterday.

“The whole experience has left a rather bitter taste in my mouth.”

When Thomas came out top of 195 candidates for the T&T head coach position, it was later revealed that Hood and another local coach, former senior national midfielder Dernell Mascall, would fill the assistant coaches’ position—a way of benefiting from the presumed experience Thomas had. But following objection from the Unified Football Coaches of Trinidad and Tobago (UFCTT) to the process which the TTFA took to appoint Hood and Mascall as Thomas’ two assistants, the FA decided to redo the process.

On paper, Hood had even more experience than Thomas, who was never a head coach and served mainly as a performance analyst and development coach with the Wales FA. Hood is the long-time coach of the Police FC men’s Pro League team, has coached the senior national women, and led the Under-20 women to a quarter-final spot at the 2019 CONCACAF Under-20 Championship.

The TTFA later announced that inexperienced Welshman Charlie Mitchell was appointed as Thomas’s assistant. The TTFA also announced that past T&T women’s footballers would benefit from the work of the British duo, via a yet-to-be-explained process. Hood and Mascall were no longer considered.

“Before they decided to go the way of an interview process, I was offered the job and I accepted the job of the assistant coach, and then they changed the process for whatever reason,” stated Hood.

“Based on my record with the national team, I should have been the obvious candidate,” stated Hood, of at least the assistant coach position.

With Thomas’ sudden departure, his assistant Mitchell is now holding on as interim head coach. Like Thomas, Mitchell also worked at the Welsh FA as a performance analyst. He has never held a head coach position and has served only as assistant coach in Cyprus and lately T&T over the last month.

“I don’t believe that I was eliminated based on my resume, “ Hood continued, “I felt the head coach (Thomas) wanted his compatriot (Mitchell) to do the job with him, and I think that was the decision they (TTFA) took based on the urging of the head coach.”

Hood said he did not have a problem with the TTFA redoing the process via the interview process. But between being appointed assistant coach and then having the offer rescinded, Hood said the most distasteful part was his treatment by the TTFA’s interviewing panel.

“I myself went through an interview for about two and a half hours and I felt from feedback from the interviewing panel that I had a good interview,” he said. “Then I heard nothing from the panel, nothing from anybody in the TTFA, until I read in the (news)paper that basically they had hired someone else. From that point of view, I felt a bit disenfranchised,” he said.

“It was a rigorous interview,” Hood stressed. “At the end of it, we were told that we would be contacted by the following week and then you hear absolutely nothing. So, the communication aspect of it needs to improve.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
James Thomas appointed Bristol City Women and Girls Development Manager
« Reply #663 on: October 08, 2021, 11:37:57 AM »
bcfc.co.uk

James Thomas has returned to Bristol City Women as Women and Girls Youth Development Manager.

Thomas returns to the West Country where he previously spent four years within the academy set-up.

The Welshman has previously worked as assistant to City Women Head Coach Lauren Smith with the WSL Development side at City, before taking over from Smith as Head Coach and then going on to lead the BCWFC and SGS College programme.

In 2018 Thomas departed for the national set-up in Wales where he fulfilled the role of assistant coach in the under-17, under-19 and senior sides.

Thomas’ most recent role took him to the Caribbean, where he was Head Coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Women’s National Team.

Head Coach Lauren Smith said: “A key pillar of our long-term vision for the club is to have a strong core of homegrown players in our first team squad, which means it’s imperative our player pathway provides the right environment and opportunities for players to progress to the top level.

“James brings a wealth of experience in developing the next generation of talent in the women’s game. Having worked closely with him both at here Bristol City and with Wales I believe he’s going to add great value to the future of our club.”

James Thomas said: “I am delighted to have been presented with the opportunity of re-joining the club, and to work alongside Lauren once again as we re-establish the club’s reputation of being able to build a sustainable first team squad with a strong core of homegrown players. 

“Bristol City WFC has played a huge part in my development as a coach, and to be given the responsibility to create and manage a successful pathway within the club is something I am very proud of.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Schedule change announced for Concacaf W Qualifiers
« Reply #664 on: October 08, 2021, 05:23:46 PM »
Schedule change announced for Concacaf W Qualifiers
Concacaf.com

Concacaf has announced that the Concacaf W Qualifiers will now begin play during the FIFA Women’s Window of February 2022. The first round of the region’s qualifiers to the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup and 2024 Women’s Football Olympic Tournament were originally scheduled to kick off next month, during the FIFA Women’s Match Window of November 2021. 

The scheduling change has been made by Concacaf due to challenges associated with travel into and within certain countries in our region due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The Confederation believes this is in the best interests of the tournament, players and officials. 

These matches are the first stage of Concacaf new women’s national teams ecosystem and will be part of a hugely important year of Women’s football in our region. In addition to the Concacaf W Qualifiers, 2022 will also include the Concacaf W Championship, the Concacaf Women’s U-20 and U-17 competitions and the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Costa Rica. 

The schedule for the matches taking place during the FIFA Women’s Match Window of April 2022 remains unchanged. 

In total, 30 Concacaf Member Associations will participate Concacaf W Qualifiers (all ranked 3 and below in the FIFA Women’s Ranking as of July 2021). The draw for the competition took place on August 3. The groups are as follows:

Group A: Mexico, Puerto Rico, Suriname, Antigua and Barbuda and Anguilla
Group B: Costa Rica, Guatemala, Saint Kitts and Nevis, US Virgin Islands, and Curacao
Group C: Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Bermuda, Grenada and Cayman Islands
Group D: Panama, El Salvador, Barbados, Belize and Aruba
Group E: Haiti, Cuba, Honduras, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and British Virgin Islands
Group F: Trinidad & Tobago, Guyana, Nicaragua, Dominica and Turks and Caicos Islands

After group stage play, where each nation will play two matches at home and two matches away, the top finisher in each of the groups will advance to the Concacaf W Championship, joining the top two ranked Concacaf nations (USA and Canada) who have received a bye straight to the W Championship which takes place in July 2022.

The new schedule for the Concacaf W Qualifier is as follows (host country appears first):

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 09, 2021, 04:46:12 AM »

RICHARD HOOD felt so disenfranchised following the process that appointed James Thomas as Trini­dad and Tobago senior women’s national team coach in June that he is undecided whether to declare his candidacy as a replacement for the Welshman, who quit five months into the job, and is headed to a club in England’s Women’s Super League.

The news that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) is on the lookout for a new coach—with CONCACAF World Cup qualifying due to start next month—has not excited former national senior and Under-20 women’s coach Hood.

He is unsure if he will apply for the job.

“I am not ruling out the possibility, but it is not at the top of my mind at this time,” Hood told the Express yesterday.

“The whole experience has left a rather bitter taste in my mouth.”

When Thomas came out top of 195 candidates for the T&T head coach position, it was later revealed that Hood and another local coach, former senior national midfielder Dernell Mascall, would fill the assistant coaches’ position—a way of benefiting from the presumed experience Thomas had. But following objection from the Unified Football Coaches of Trinidad and Tobago (UFCTT) to the process which the TTFA took to appoint Hood and Mascall as Thomas’ two assistants, the FA decided to redo the process.

On paper, Hood had even more experience than Thomas, who was never a head coach and served mainly as a performance analyst and development coach with the Wales FA. Hood is the long-time coach of the Police FC men’s Pro League team, has coached the senior national women, and led the Under-20 women to a quarter-final spot at the 2019 CONCACAF Under-20 Championship.

The TTFA later announced that inexperienced Welshman Charlie Mitchell was appointed as Thomas’s assistant. The TTFA also announced that past T&T women’s footballers would benefit from the work of the British duo, via a yet-to-be-explained process. Hood and Mascall were no longer considered.

“Before they decided to go the way of an interview process, I was offered the job and I accepted the job of the assistant coach, and then they changed the process for whatever reason,” stated Hood.

“Based on my record with the national team, I should have been the obvious candidate,” stated Hood, of at least the assistant coach position.

With Thomas’ sudden departure, his assistant Mitchell is now holding on as interim head coach. Like Thomas, Mitchell also worked at the Welsh FA as a performance analyst. He has never held a head coach position and has served only as assistant coach in Cyprus and lately T&T over the last month.

“I don’t believe that I was eliminated based on my resume, “ Hood continued, “I felt the head coach (Thomas) wanted his compatriot (Mitchell) to do the job with him, and I think that was the decision they (TTFA) took based on the urging of the head coach.”

Hood said he did not have a problem with the TTFA redoing the process via the interview process. But between being appointed assistant coach and then having the offer rescinded, Hood said the most distasteful part was his treatment by the TTFA’s interviewing panel.

“I myself went through an interview for about two and a half hours and I felt from feedback from the interviewing panel that I had a good interview,” he said. “Then I heard nothing from the panel, nothing from anybody in the TTFA, until I read in the (news)paper that basically they had hired someone else. From that point of view, I felt a bit disenfranchised,” he said.

“It was a rigorous interview,” Hood stressed. “At the end of it, we were told that we would be contacted by the following week and then you hear absolutely nothing. So, the communication aspect of it needs to improve.”

Obvious? No. Presumptive? Perhaps.

OBVIOUSLY, not bitter enough. Play yuhself. Carry on.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 05:11:17 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 09, 2021, 04:58:09 AM »
Robert Hadad disappointed as coach quits on women Warriors.
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday).

NORMALISATION committee chairman Robert Hadad expressed displeasure with Wednesday’s sudden resignation of national women’s team coach James Thomas.

He, however, called on the in-training bunch of national players to try to remain focused ahead of next month’s Concacaf women’s qualifiers as the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) explores its options to appoint another head coach.

Thomas resigned after just five months in charge. A statement issued by TTFA on Wednesday said Thomas resigned to take up a role at a club in the professional women’s league in the UK.He was appointed T&T women’s coach in April and took up official duty when he arrived in June. Thomas signed an initial one-year contract with an option to extend for a further year.National women’s team assistant coach Charlie Mitchell now spearheads the team’s training sessions while the TTFA searches for Thomas’ replacement.

Haded called on the national team to stick together amidst the challenges.

“It’s really disappointing to see James go but we will re-group. The plan and campaign for the senior women’s team remains in place and we really optimistic about the potential of the team and the staff. It’s just a matter of re-focusing now and continuing to work,” Hadad said.

The TTFA statement added that Thomas’ move will be formally confirmed by the club later this week, and will see him accept a multi-year contract.It added, “Thomas turned down multiple approaches from the UK based club over the last few weeks; however their latest offer proved too good for the Welsh native to turn down” The former Wales assistant coach and performance analyst holds a UEFA A License and a UEFA Elite Youth A License.The TTFA also quoted the now ex-coach on his decision to jump ship for greener pastures.Thomas said, “This has been an incredibly tough decision to make. It’s disappointing because you have a fantastic group of players here.“This is an opportunity that came up for the third time and it was too difficult to turn down again.”The coach said he believes T&T’s women will go on to be successful and wished the normalisation committee, the TTFA staff, team staff and the players the best. TTFA expressed disappointment with the coach’s untimely departure but still thanked him for the work done with the senior women’s programme.The association plans to “build on that foundation into our Concacaf women’s qualifying campaign which begins in November 2021.”

The women’s team plays their opening Concacaf qualifiers versus Nicaragua on November 25 and Dominica on November 28.

The TTFA also confirmed the women’s team will play two friendly international matches in the October 2021 window, at the Ato Boldon Stadium, in Couva, after receiving permission from the Ministry of Health to stage the matches. These friendlies will provide welcomed match preparation for the team in the build-up to the November qualifiers.

Let's say you'd brought on the best ice cream flavour concocter you determined you could find and before bringing the product to market, s/he departed the scene ... to add flavour elsewhere ... would your position be 'it’s really disappointing to see Ice Cream Flavour Boss go but we will re-group'?

I doubt it.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 09, 2021, 05:03:15 AM »
bcfc.co.uk

James Thomas has returned to Bristol City Women as Women and Girls Youth Development Manager.

Thomas returns to the West Country where he previously spent four years within the academy set-up.

The Welshman has previously worked as assistant to City Women Head Coach Lauren Smith with the WSL Development side at City, before taking over from Smith as Head Coach and then going on to lead the BCWFC and SGS College programme.

In 2018 Thomas departed for the national set-up in Wales where he fulfilled the role of assistant coach in the under-17, under-19 and senior sides.

Thomas’ most recent role took him to the Caribbean, where he was Head Coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Women’s National Team.

Head Coach Lauren Smith said: “A key pillar of our long-term vision for the club is to have a strong core of homegrown players in our first team squad, which means it’s imperative our player pathway provides the right environment and opportunities for players to progress to the top level.

“James brings a wealth of experience in developing the next generation of talent in the women’s game. Having worked closely with him both at here Bristol City and with Wales I believe he’s going to add great value to the future of our club.”

James Thomas said: “I am delighted to have been presented with the opportunity of re-joining the club, and to work alongside Lauren once again as we re-establish the club’s reputation of being able to build a sustainable first team squad with a strong core of homegrown players. 

“Bristol City WFC has played a huge part in my development as a coach, and to be given the responsibility to create and manage a successful pathway within the club is something I am very proud of.”

Man with declared international coaching ambition opts to pursue a developmental role at a second tier club. Hmmm. :thinking:

Finished thinking. Carry on.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 05:05:04 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 09, 2021, 11:53:22 AM »
Asylum. The man look at the TT situation. The man say f—k TT. I will take my chances in a familiar surroundings.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 09, 2021, 12:27:04 PM »
Asylum. The man look at the TT situation. The man say f—k TT. I will take my chances in a familiar surroundings.
Wouldn't doubt that at all, but of course it would not be politic of him to say that! Lol.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 09, 2021, 05:06:16 PM »
Might also be wise for someone to ask him whether he was being paid with regularity. As these things go ...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shawn Cooper: Thomas unprofessional, disrespectful
« Reply #671 on: October 09, 2021, 08:38:42 PM »
Shawn Cooper: Thomas unprofessional, disrespectful
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian
)

"Unprofessional." It's how former national and Presentation College coach Shawn Cooper has described the sudden resignation of Welshman James Thomas as the T&T women’s coach to pick up an offer in the United Kingdom with a club side.

Thomas' resignation came some five months after he was officially appointed following a rigorous recruitment and selection process that took almost the same amount of time he has been in the job ahead of several top local coaches.

Cooper, the only coach to have won national InterCol titles with two schools, said in an interview with Guardian Media Sports yesterday that Thomas was only concerned about boosting his resume to get a better job.

With T&T women set to enter the World Cup Qualifiers close to the end of next month (November), Cooper, a former national women's coach, said: “Clearly, he wasn’t concerned about that, because I can't see any professional coach resigning a job that he was so passionate in taking up because it would have been his first assignment as a head coach, so you know he would have been eager, and it is an international job, but you let go that job for a club job.

"I mean it’s the UK and it’s paying more and whatever, but this is international football we’re talking about, so it shows that he just wanted the title of head coach on his resume so that he could go further and pursue other jobs.

"He wasn’t really concerned about T&T football. If he was, as he said before, he would not have left the job at this time. Any coach would know that one month before a tournament is a very crucial time.

"The only reason you would leave a job in a month’s time is probably because you weren’t paid or you were disgruntled with the association.”

The T&T women’s team has been drawn in Group F, which also includes Guyana, Nicaragua, Dominica and the Turks and Caicos Islands. They are scheduled to open against the Nicaraguans.

But with assistant coach Charlie Mitchell, who is also from Wales, set to take over until a new head coach is sought after, the team will have very little time to prepare.

The parent body, T&T Football Association which is being managed by a Normalisation Committee led by Robert Hadad, will have to decide whether it wants to recruit an international coach or revert to the local coaches.

According to Cooper, who is also a former national boys' Under-17 coach: “They thought none of our coaches was qualified enough to take the job, so I can’t see them now going back to the same set of coaches to ask them to be a head coach.

"If you weren’t good enough to be an assistant coach before, how on earth you can be good enough to be a head coach?

"You know, we keep doing our local coaches that because we feel that it is our country and we would like to serve, but you keep disrespecting the coaches. So, I am waiting and holding my breath to see which one of them now will take up the mantle as the head coach.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Women to face Panama
« Reply #672 on: October 11, 2021, 04:02:48 PM »
T&T Women to face Panama
TTFA Communications

On the International Day of the Girl child, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association is pleased to announce that this country will host two international friendlies on October 21st and 25th as the Senior Women’s National team takes on Panama’s Senior Women at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva. The kick off time for both matches will be 4:00pm.

The United Nations General Asssembly, back in 2011, declared October 11th as the International Day of the Girl Child, to recognize girls’ rights and the unique challenges girls face around the world.The International Day of the Girl Child focuses attention on the need to address the challenges girls face and to promote girls’ empowerment and the fulfillment of their human rights. In this light, the TTFA remains committed to providing a platform for our women and girls footballers to continuously develop their skill and have opportunities to showcase their talent on the international stage.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association received approval from the Ministry of Health for the staging of the matches which will see international football return to these shores for the first time since November, 2019 and the duration of the Pandemic thus far.

Both nations will be using the exercise as preparations for the start of the CONCACAF W Qualifiers which have been shifted from November to the  FIFA Women’s Window of February 2022.

No spectators will be allowed at the upcoming matches which will take place in a bio-secure bubble with both teams being housed at the Home of Football hotel, using the Stadium and Training pitch for all activities. In the build up to the encounters, the T&T Women’s Team will enter a residential camp on October 15th.

Panama defeated Trinidad and Tobago 3-0 in Group stage action at the 2018 CONCACAF Women’s World Cup qualifying championship. The Central Americans subsequently advanced to the inter-continental playoff against South America’s Argentina but lost 5-1 on aggregate in November, 2018.

For the upcoming CONCACAF W Qualifiers, T&T are in Group F along with Guyana, Nicaragua, Dominica, and the Turks and Caicos Islands.

Further details on the two-match series and the appointment of a Senior Women’s Team head coach will be forthcoming.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #673 on: October 14, 2021, 12:21:19 AM »
Constantine Konstin appointed as Senior Women’s Team Interim Head Coach.
TTFA Media.

Constin to lead Senior Women’s Team against Friendlies versus Panama

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) can confirm that Constantine Konstin has been appointed as Interim Head Coach of the Senior Women’s National Team. Konstin, who most recently lead the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Futsal Team at the 2021 CONCACAF Futsal Championships in May, will now lead the Senior Women’s Team into two friendly internationals versus Panama later this month.

In addition to working extensively with Men’s and Women’s Football and Futsal Teams in Portland, Konstin also served as head coach of the Trinidad and Tobago National Women’s U18 Futsal Team at the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics in Argentina in 2018.

Konstin told TTFA Media, “I am extremely honoured to have the opportunity to be part of team T&T again as Women’s National Team interim head coach. I can’t wait to get back to T&T to be working side by side with the players and sta5 who already have a great foundation in place.”

Normalization Committee Chairman Robert Hadad stated, “Cony (Konstin) has always been committed to T&T football and futsal development and we have been having regular discussions with him on how that may take shape headed into 2022. So when the situation arose with James Thomas’ sudden departure, Cony kindly accepted this caretaker/interim role until November.

“We will continue to evaluate the options available in preparation for the CONCACAF W Qualifiers in February and April 2022.”

The Senior Women’s National Team will play Panama at the Ato Boldon Stadium on 21st and 25th October 2021 as both teams prepare for the CONCACAF W Qualifiers which will now take place in February 2022. The teams will be housed at the Home of Football in a bio-secure environment with the matches being played with the approval of the Ministry of Health.

Senior Women’s National Team Assistant Coach Charlie Mitchell and the current staff will support Konstin in his new role which will run until 30th November 2021.

RELATED NEWS

NC appoints American Futsal coach to lead T&T Women’s team, Konstin ‘honoured’ by first 11-a-side job.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) has replaced Welshman James Thomas with American Constantine Konstin as head coach of the Women’s National Senior Team, on an interim basis.

Thomas, who quit the job last week for the post of Bristol City Women and Girls youth development manager, had never worked as head coach before he came to Trinidad and Tobago. In Konstin’s case, the American has never coached a recognised team in 11-a-side football.

Konstin was head coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Futsal Team which, earlier this year, lost all four outings with a goal differential of eight scored and 25 conceded. The American described his stint as an ‘amazing’ accomplishment.

He will now get the chance to show what he can do in outdoor football, after an extraordinary decision by the Fifa-appointed normalisation committee.

The normalisation committee has operated throughout without a technical committee, while NC chairman Robert Hadad has not even utilised his ‘ad hoc selection panel’ for recent decisions. Hadad spoke briefly on Konstin’s appointment.

“‘Connie’ [Konstin] has always been committed to T&T football and futsal development and we have been having regular discussions with him on how that may take shape headed into 2022,” Hadad told the TTFA Media. “So when the situation arose with James Thomas’ sudden departure, Connie kindly accepted this caretaker/interim role until November.

“We will continue to evaluate the options available in preparation for the Concacaf W Qualifiers in February and April 2022.”

The normalisation committee’s decision to fly in and house an American with no confirmed coaching experience at outdoor football is particularly perplexing when several local coaches such as Anton Corneal, Richard Hood, Shawn Cooper, Marlon Charles and Jason Spence have led women’s teams with varying degrees of success at Caribbean Football Union (CFU) or Concacaf level.

Hood, who led Trinidad and Tobago to the 2016 Concacaf Women’s Championship semi-finals, confirmed that he had not been offered the job by the normalisation committee. A UEFA A license coach, Hood applied for the head coach and assistant coach position earlier this year. The Police FC coach did not get either job.

Thomas is believed to have earned US$7,500 (TT$51,000) a month as head coach.

Konstin, who is on his second job for the normalisation committee, said he can’t wait to get started.

“I am extremely honoured to have the opportunity to be part of team T&T again as Women’s National Team interim head coach,” he said. “I can’t wait to get back to T&T to be working side-by-side with the players and staff who already have a great foundation in place.”

Konstin will lead the Women Soca Warriors into this month’s friendlies against Panama at the Ato Boldon Stadium on 21 and 25 October, as both teams prepare for the Concacaf W Qualifiers, set to take place in February 2022.

WATCH Konstin anticipates new challenge with Trinidad and Tobago Women's Senior Team

TTFA appoints Konstin as Women’s coach.
T&T Guardian Reports.

American Constantine Konstin has been appointed interim head coach of the T&T Senior Women’s National Team according to a release from the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) on Wednesday.

Konstin, who recently led the T&T's Men’s Futsal Team at the 2021 CONCACAF Futsal Championships in May, will now lead the Senior Women’s Team into two friendly internationals versus Panama on 21 and 25 October at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

In addition to working extensively with Men’s and Women’s Football and Futsal Teams in Portland, Konstin also served as head coach of the Trinidad and Tobago National Women’s U18 Futsal Team at the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics in Argentina in 2018.

Konstin told TTFA Media, “I am extremely honoured to have the opportunity to be part of team T&T again as Women’s National Team interim head coach. I can’t wait to get back to T&T to be working side by side with the players and staff who already have a great foundation in place.”

Normalization Committee Chairman Robert Hadad stated, “Cony (Konstin) has always been committed to T&T football and futsal development and we have been having regular discussions with him on how that may take shape heading into 2022. So when the situation arose with James Thomas’ sudden departure, Cony kindly accepted this caretaker/interim role until November. We will continue to evaluate the options available in preparation for the CONCACAF W Qualifiers in February and April 2022.”

Last week Welshman Thomas, who was hired in April as the team's head coach resigned to pick up the position as Bristol City as their Women and Girls Youth Development Manager. He had previously spent four years within the academy set-up.

The T&T team technical staff which comprises Thomas' assistant Charlie Mitchell (Assistant Coach & Performance Analyst), James Baird (Goalkeeper Coach), Joanne Daniel (Team Manager), Terry Johnson-Jeremiah (Equipment Manager), Atiba Downes (Strength and Conditioning Coach) and Aqilya Gomez (Rehab Specialist) will support Konstin in his new role which will run until 30th November 2021.

For the upcoming CONCACAF W Qualifiers, T&T are in Group F along with Guyana, Nicaragua, Dominica, and the Turks and Caicos Islands. The teams will be housed at the Home of Football in a bio-secure environment with the matches being played with the approval of the Ministry of Health.

Both T&T and Panama will be using the exercise as preparations for the start of the CONCACAF W Qualifiers which have been shifted from November to the FIFA Women’s Window of February 2022.

No spectators will be allowed at the upcoming matches which will take place in a bio-secure bubble with both teams being housed at the Home of Football hotel, using the Stadium and Training pitch for all activities.

In the build-up to the encounters, the T&T Women’s Team will enter a residential camp on October 15th.

Panama defeated Trinidad and Tobago 3-0 in Group stage action at the 2018 CONCACAF Women’s World Cup qualifying championship.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 10:53:12 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 14, 2021, 06:18:22 PM »
I would LOVE to hear the rationale on this.

Has this man ever coached any 11v11 team?

Is he a better option than any local coaches or other applicants? Did he even apply for the job previously?
Was he doing anything with the futsal team since their last tournament?
If so....then would this take him away from his futsal duties?
If not....was he still being paid or retained?

Too many questions.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #675 on: October 15, 2021, 12:39:04 AM »
UFCTT labels Konstin appointment a joke.
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian).

Interim president of the Unified Football Coaches of T&T (UFCTT) Jefferson George has labelled the appointment of American Constantine Konstin as interim coach of the senior women’s football team until November as a joke.

On Wednesday, Konstin was named as the team interim head coach via media release from the FIFA-appointed Normalisation Committee (NC) of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) led by chairman Robert Hadad.

The release stated that Konstin, who recently led the national men’s futsal team at the 2021 Concacaf Futsal Championships in May, will now lead the senior women’s team into two friendly internationals versus Panama on October 21 and October 25 at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Balmain, Couva.

The appointment to the temporary position for Konstin marks his first for a national football team as his previous working experience involved the men’s and women’s futsal teams in Portland, as well as T&T Under-18 women’s team at the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics in Argentina in 2018.

Konstin's appointment also comes after Welshman James Thomas, who was hired in April as the women's team's head coach after an extensive recruitment process resigned to pick up the position at Bristol City as their women and girls Youth Development Manager. He had previously spent four years within the Academy set-up.

The decision to vacate the position by Thomas came as a shock to the local federation as it comes on the heels of the team’s preparations for the Concacaf Women World Cup and Gold Cup Qualifiers, which luckily for T&T has been delayed from November to next February.

The T&T women will contest Group F alongside Guyana, Nicaragua, Dominica, and the Turks and Caicos Islands for the round-robin series at the end of which only the top team will advance to the next stage of qualification.

However, reached for comment, George a former national youth goalkeeper expressed his bitter disappointment with the decision and the process if there was one, used to name futsal coach Konstin as interim women’s football team boss.

George said, “It is unfortunate that we have to dignify such a decision with an interview to be honest.

“This is a joke, literally, it is a joke, however we can’t laugh because the joke is on us.”

He added, “There is no way and again this is not my job any way to defend the duty feelings of Mr Constantine, but we have coaches here in T&T, and it seems as though they are invisible at least to the NC.

George boasted, “We believe that football is the game that we love and we have coaches here who are qualified and competent to take over, I mean, at least, such for a job as an interim position as they call it or job to really oversee these two friendly games against Panama.

“If our local coaches cannot be given the charge to oversee two games and they choose a foreign coach, who is a futsal coach, now that is one of the things for us that was confusing to be honest.

“I don't know, listeners may be equally confused and some might miss the little difference in that futsal is a different game to football.

“That is like going to look for a badminton coach to coach table-tennis players. Now, while they both play with rackets obviously the rules of the game and so on are different and that's the same thing with football and futsal.

“There is no logical reason for the NC or whoever is responsible for selecting a coach for our women’s team to want to do that, there is no justifiable reason to do that.”

Turning his attention to the persons responsible for making the decision to appoint Konstin to the position, George said it says a lot.

“It says that the person who we have administering football at the moment, they don't have a clue.

“It says that we are in probably a bigger crisis than we all thought. When you think of things you know probably we can’t go much lower, and yet we keep being surprised.

George noted that a key element in selection of a coach must be the impact he will have on the players, but questioned whether this approach was made.

“One of the things for me that is critically important is a point that we keep making from the Coaches' Association standpoint is that the players are factored into these decisions and obviously that wasn't on here.

“You think about how the players are going to feel, knowing that you brought a futsal coach to prepare them for these two games coming up.

“I could imagine what's going through the players minds now after this hiring and obviously those things weren't considered at the decision-making level."

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 15, 2021, 06:13:58 AM »
Konstin for Commissioner of Police!!!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 06:19:06 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 15, 2021, 06:22:04 AM »
UFCTT labels Konstin appointment a joke.
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian).

Interim president of the Unified Football Coaches of T&T (UFCTT) Jefferson George has labelled the appointment of American Constantine Konstin as interim coach of the senior women’s football team until November as a joke.

These days it seems many posts associated with T&T football are interim in status --- the UFCTT presidency not excepted, apparently.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 09:09:23 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 15, 2021, 10:52:34 AM »
I would LOVE to hear the rationale on this.

Has this man ever coached any 11v11 team?

Is he a better option than any local coaches or other applicants? Did he even apply for the job previously?
Was he doing anything with the futsal team since their last tournament?
If so....then would this take him away from his futsal duties?
If not....was he still being paid or retained?

Too many questions.

Trust.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 16, 2021, 11:12:38 AM »
WATCH: Lauryn Hutchinson looks ahead to a pair of international friendlies against Panama.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6mJaOj5nIHo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6mJaOj5nIHo</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 18, 2021, 04:08:47 PM »
Kenwyne Jones appointed Interim Head Coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Women’s Senior Team
TTFA Communications

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) wishes to advise that former Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Men’s Team captain Kenwyne Jones has been appointed as Interim Head Coach of the Senior Women’s National Team.

Jones, a UEFA A Licence holder, will lead the Senior Women’s Team in the two women’s international friendlies against Panama on October 21st and 25th, 2021 at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva. He will be supported by Senior Women’s Team Assistant Coach Charlie Mitchell and the current staff.

After consultation with Constantine Konstin, concerning the demands of the women’s international window and personal commitments and conflicts that require him to return to the USA at the end of October, he has mutually agreed to step down and offer Jones and the team support over the international window.

Jones told TTFA Media in an immediate reaction to the appointment, “I’m absolutely delighted and honoured for the opportunity to coach the Women’s team. Hopefully we will be able to achieve the goals set out for the team in this immediate period. I’ll be trying to bring some stability to the squad and to help them focus on the task at hand against Panama.”

Panama will arrive early Wednesday morning and join the Trinidad and Tobago team in a bio-secure environment,at the Home of Football. The matches are being played at 4 pm with the approval of the Ministry of Health.

Jones’ interim appointment will run until 30th November 2021 while the process for the appointment of the long term head coach of the Women’s Team will begin in early November 2021.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 18, 2021, 04:49:33 PM »
Well right! I could see some kinda sense in this!

Man make one training session and telling players they trapping the ball wrong like he think is still futsal he coaching. That made no kinda sense!
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Time for Calm: Kenwyne wants to bring stability to women’s team
« Reply #682 on: October 19, 2021, 09:04:17 PM »
Time for Calm: Kenwyne wants to bring stability to women’s team

KENWYNE JONES thinks his role as interim head coach is to bring stability to the national women’s team following a recent period of trauma within the programme.

Speaking during an online press briefing yesterday, the former Trinidad and Tobago men’s captain acknowledged that there has been upheaval within the team. But he thought those events could motivate and even strengthen the players.

“Obviously the trauma of the former head coach leaving so abruptly, also the other former coach being here for such a short period, I think it would have traumatised the team and the staff,” Jones said. “But the good thing about it is that a decision was made pretty swiftly in order to bring stability to the set-up.”.

A former English Premier League striker, Jones revealed that he was contacted by the normalisation committee (NC) running the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) on Sunday, a day before being announced as the replacement for American Constantine Konstin, to whom the normalisation committee had given the interim job eight days earlier.

Konstin himself had been appointed to the interim role on October 10. Konstin coached Trinidad and Tobago men’s futsal team at the 2021 CONCACAF Futsal Championships in May, but his credentials as a 11-a-side coach were questioned by many, including the Unified Football Coaches of Trinidad and Tobago (UFCTT), who called his appointment a “joke”.

Konstin had been the NC’s short-term solution following the abrupt resignation of Welshman James Thomas, who quit a month before the originally scheduled November CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers. Thomas had been appointed five months earlier and had never been in charge of a single competitive match. He returned to his former employer, Bristol City, to take up a role as development coach at the second division English women’s club.

A UEFA A-licence holder, Jones, 37, revealed that his short contract ends on November 30, during which time he will be in charge of the international friendly matches against Panama tomorrow and Monday at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva.

He will be supported by assistant coach Charlie Mitchell and the current staff. Having previously played in the EPL, Saudi Arabia and the USA, Jones has also had some previous coaching experience as an assistant to Stern John with the national Under-17 team and to the late Nigel Grosvenor at Queen’s Royal College.

“I know it’s been a rocky week or two for the staff, the players of the team, but the intention now is to bring that stability at this present time and help the team to be able to perform to its best ability,” he said.

Jones revealed that he had been in communication with both former head coach Thomas and his assistant Charlie Mitchell since their arrival in T&T, and had also been around the training sessions “for quite some time” prior to being appointed.

During the next month, he hopes to get the women’s programme back on track, leading to the CONCACAF qualifiers which have now been postponed to January 2022.

“My contract is until the 30th of November. Definitely, we will keep the core of the squad in training and if it presents an opportunity during the next window to have a game or two, will definitely be looking at that,” Jones revealed. “Whether I am able to be here after that period or not, the team still has to continue its preparations looking into the qualifiers coming up early next year.”

Jones also thought that his being familiar with most of the players on the national women’s team was a great plus.

“It’s just about being able to assist the staff on building on the foundation they would have had from the last few months already, and as far as I can see, and as far as I know, they’ve done a fantastic job so far and all we can do is continue to add and build on that,” he added.

Jones’ first duty was to announce the team for the upcoming internationals, against Panama. Among the players named was veteran striker Kennya “YaYa” Cordner, who has not been on the national team since refusing to play in a 2018 World Cup qualifier against the USA.

SQUAD:
Kimika Forbes, Tenesha Palmer, Malaika Dedier, Collette Morgan, Rhea Belgrave, Naomie Guerra, Liana Hinds, Anya Decourcy, Karyn Forbes, Maylee Attin-Johnson, Lauryn Hutchinson, Maya Matouk, Aaliyah Prince, Dennecia Prince, Laurelle Theodore, Victoria Swift, Raenah Campbell, Kennya Cordner, Chelcy Ralph, Adrianna Arjoon, Janelle Mcgee, Jonelle Cato, Meyah Romeo.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7QgGuKVWA_8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7QgGuKVWA_8</a>
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 09:09:16 PM by Tallman »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 20, 2021, 08:20:20 AM »
Congrats to KJ, all the best!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 20, 2021, 10:27:09 AM »
Congrats to KJ, all the best!

Congrats!. Let's see what you got.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bad pass from TTFA Normalisation body
« Reply #685 on: October 20, 2021, 11:34:24 AM »
Bad pass from TTFA Normalisation body
T&T Guardian

Trinidad and Tobago women’s senior football team finds itself in another tailspin after American interim coach Constantine Konstin resigned on Monday and was replaced by former Soca Warriors skipper Kenwyne Jones, also in an interim position.

In this regard, we wish Jones, a former member of the 2006 Germany World Cup squad, the best in his endeavours, since he has a huge task ahead of him. The women’s team is preparing for the Concacaf World Cup and Gold Cup Qualifiers in February and Jones’ initial stint will involve two friendlies against Panama on October 21 and 25. He may thus be able to convince the TTFA, still managed by the Robert Hadad-led FIFA Normalisation Committee, that he has the wherewithal to take the team further.

Still, nothing seems certain with the Hadad-led committee and many football stakeholders will argue it is they who have brought the women’s team and general operation of football to another sad state. Indeed, reports suggest Konstin was forced out by the fortitude of the players and coaching staff rebelling over the Normalisation Committee’s decision to appoint him in the first place.

Konstin was a Futsal expert with no experience outside that realm and under his tenure, the T&T Futsal team lost all four games at the 2021 Concacaf Futsal Championships in May, scoring eight goals while conceding 25. The Unified Football Coaches of T&T and Women’s League of Football (WoLF) had voiced concern over his appointment and the lack of consultation by the committee before selecting him. This was not the first time the committee’s modus operandi in hiring technical staff was questioned either. Albeit Konstin, himself a surprise replacement after Welshman James Thomas stunningly quit earlier this month, resigned after one day, it may now actually force the committee to engage in a more rigorous recruitment process that involves all stakeholders.

On that note, we turn to the FIFA Normalisation Committee’s approach since being given the responsibility to rejuvenate T&T’s football. Appointed for a two-year period last March by FIFA to implement a debt repayment plan for the TTFA, there is no evidence that Mr Hadad’s team is anywhere close to clearing that debt, last estimated at $98.5 million. In fact, some debtors have complained about the tactics of the committee as they seek to recoup the monies owed to them. It is worthy to note here that when FIFA appointed Hadad’s team to replace the dissolved William Wallace-led TTFA, the debt was estimated at $50 million.

There is also growing evidence that the committee’s relationship with the sport’s stakeholders is growing further apart as they all seek to put T&T back on a steady football footing. This is because stakeholders have argued that the committee operates outside of its financial remit by influencing decisions in the technical and other areas of the TTFA’s affairs which are, in turn, hurting the attempts to revive the T&TFA. This latest fiasco with the women’s team is one such example.

Needless to say, if Hadad and his team are unable to do the job they were appointed to do efficiently and effectively, they should do the honourable thing, like Konstin, and pass the ball on now.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 20, 2021, 06:21:20 PM »
WATCH: Pre-game comments from Trinidad and Tobago Women's Interim Head Coach Kenwyne Jones ahead of the first international friendly against Panama.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Rsp1wiKqeyg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Rsp1wiKqeyg</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The sitcom of T&T football
« Reply #687 on: October 20, 2021, 06:25:39 PM »
The sitcom of T&T football
By Colin Murray (T&T Guardian)

It’s really gone beyond a joke now and can only be described as farcical. I know my dear readers you must be thinking of so many things in our beloved Trinidad & Tobago, but I am referring to none other than the state of Trinidad & Tobago’s football.

It was bad enough with the men's squad but the kicks (no pun intended) have now reached our talented women footballers. I remember for the first time a T&T women’s team generating great interest at a packed Hasely Crawford Stadium on December 2, 2014, to witness the intercontinental playoff for the 24th and final place in the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup vs Ecuador.

History will show the T&T team lost the two-legged playoff by 1-0 - a second-half stoppage time winner from Monica Quinteros. Although the women lost the game, fans could not have faulted their tremendous effort and things were looking bright for women’s football in T&T.

Unfortunately, as with all football in this country, the women’s game started to get neglected; players started to speak openly to the media about the discontent and lack of respect for their talent and a few of the star players started to take a back seat. T&T was never able to scale the heights that were achieved in 2014.

Fast forward to 2021 and with the Women’s World Cup and Gold Cup qualifiers on the horizon, James Thomas - a Welshman - was appointed in April 2021, and hope was revived. However, Mr Thomas, to use local parlance, ‘ups and gone’ on October 6. That was bad enough as I am not sure what type of contract he had that he could just leave at a minute's notice but let’s leave that crazy business alone.

The comedy show now goes into high gear as one week later, on October 13, Constantine Konstin, the national men’s futsal coach is hired to lead the Soca Princesses. On first thought, I believed the media made a mistake as isn’t futsal indoors? Then, having been convinced ‘Connie’ got the job, I figured he is a well-qualified coach both indoors and outdoors so I was looking forward to seeing what additions and/or changes he would bring to T&T’s women’s game.

All of a sudden, ‘Connie’ just like Thomas, ‘ups and gone’, too. But, this is where it gets rather interesting. One report says after he took one session, the players and women staff were questioning his tactics during drills. It is alleged he told the players that they were controlling the ball badly and they should be controlling the ball with the soles of their feet as they do in futsal. So one and all realised he may not be the man for the job.

What is even more confusing, the report noted that after consultation with ‘Connie’ concerning the demands of the women's international window alongside personal commitments and conflicts that require him to be in the USA at the end of October, he mutually agreed to step down.

So wait? Connie didn't know this before he took up the appointment? The normalisation committee never discussed the schedule with him and let him know what was demanded of him and the time frame? All of a sudden, after one practice session, he realised he has personal commitments?

Isn’t this another comedy show with T&T football? I am so sorry it has reached our women but the good news is, much like Angus Eve with the men's team, I am hoping Kenwyne Jones can motivate the women and give them the confidence to pick themselves up from this sordid experience and move forward.

Jones may not be experienced at the international level but he has played at the highest level and will know what is required to bring some stability and focus to the team and I am sure he can bring the best out of the players. With all the nonsense going on off the field, I wish the team and him well for the two friendly matches against Panama - the first today at 4 pm and on Monday at the same time at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 20, 2021, 06:51:57 PM »
WATCH: Pre-game comments from Norway-based forward Kennya "Yaya" Cordner ahead of tomorrow's international friendly between Trinidad and Tobago Women and Panama.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ctZ2X4LJr-0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ctZ2X4LJr-0</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 21, 2021, 04:58:26 AM »
WATCH: Victoria Swift ready to lock horns with Club León teammate Marta Cox as Trinidad and Tobago Women face off against Panama in the first of two international friendlies.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oEBFNj5-9zM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oEBFNj5-9zM</a>

1]; } ?>