March 28, 2024, 06:37:04 AM

Author Topic: Women Warriors Thread  (Read 129009 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Women Warriors Thread
« Reply #781 on: March 14, 2022, 05:46:08 AM »

How good is Liana Hinds? I see Team T&T page she is now signed to Hibernian. Hope she takes full advantage of the opportunity to further develop

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrinbago

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 01, 2022, 04:37:34 PM »
Kenwyne Jones names 23-member Women's Warriors squad
T&T Newsday

KENWYNE JONES, coach of the Trinidad and Tobago women’s football team, has named a squad of 23 for a pair of Group F Concacaf Women’s World Cup qualifiers (also called Concacaf W Championship) – away to Turks and Caicos on April 9 and at home to Guyana at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet on April 12.

In their previous Group F qualifiers, TT defeated Nicaragua 2-1 on February 17 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo and followed up with a 2-0 triumph over Dominica at the National Track and Field Facility, Leonora, Guyana.

From the roster of 23 which Jones named for the February matches, Chelsi Jadoo, Alliyah Trim and Shadi Stoute have been called up, at the expense of fellow defenders Abishai Guy and Meyah Romeo; while midfielder Sarah De Gannes replaced Kaydeen Jack.

TT are currently second in Group F with six points on a plus-3 goal difference behind Guyana on six points on a plus-11 goal difference. Guyana host Nicaragua on April 8. A total of six teams in the qualifying competition will advance to the final tournament, joining Canada and the United States, who received byes as the top ranked teams.

The 2022 Concacaf W Championship serves as the Concacaf qualifiers to the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand, as well as for the football tournament at the 2024 Summer Olympics in France.

The two third-place teams will advance to a FIFA Intercontinental Playoff.

The semifinals, final and third-place match of the Concacaf W Championship will be played in a single elimination format, with the winners of the tournament qualifying for both the 2024 Paris Olympics and the inaugural Concacaf W Gold Cup, to be held in 2024.

The Concacaf W Championship runners-up and third-place team will also square off in a Concacaf Olympic play-in series, scheduled for September 2023. The winners of the play-in will also qualify for 2024 Paris Olympics and the 2024 Concacaf W Gold Cup.

Team –

GOALKEEPERS: Kimika Forbes (Unattached), Tenesha Palmer (Police FC), K'lil Keshwar (St. Francis College—USA).

DEFENDERS: Rhea Belgrave (Police FC), Liana Hinds (Hibernian-Scotland), Victoria Swift (Club León-Mexico), Chelsi Jadoo (Valadares Gaia FC—Portugal), Shaunalee Govia (Unattached), Shadi Cecily Stoute (University of Georgia—USA), Lauryn Hutchinson (Unattached), Aaliyah Trim (FC Ginga).

MIDFIELDERS: Shani Nakhid-Schuster (Unattached), Amaya Ellis (Johns Hopkins University—USA), Asha James (West Texas A&M University—USA), Chelcy Ralph, Karyn Forbes (Police FC), Kedie Johnson (Florida International University-USA), Sarah De Gannes (Brewton-Parker College—USA).

STRIKERS: Maya Matouk (Police FC), Maria-Frances Serrant (Corban University—USA), Raenah Campbell (Avantes Chadlkida FC—Greece), Dennecia Prince (Point Fortin), Cayla McFarlane (Harvard University—USA)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 05, 2022, 05:38:59 PM »
Kenwyne Jones expecting full points from Turks & Caicos, Guyana
By Garth Wattley(T&T Express)

Women’s football coach Kenwyne Jones has confidence that his players can get the job done against the Turks and Caicos and Guyana and move on in CONCACAF World Cup qualifying.

Trinidad and Tobago are currently second in Group F with six points on a +3 goal difference behind Guyana on six points with a +11 goal difference.

The Women Soca Warriors play at the Turks and Caicos next on Saturday, followed by the Guyanese in Tobago next week.

Only the group winners will move forward but Jones told the media yesterday: “I’m expecting them to win the matches. I believe in the talent of the group; I believe in the talent of the individual players.

“I know they are going to give 100 per cent; I know they are going to fight to the end and we just have to make sure that we keep things simple and we play to our strengths and I think we’ll be good going into the games coming forward.”

Asked about the planning for the Turks and Caicos match, Jones noted: “I know as much of Turks and Caicos as anybody else. We do our analysis, we do our scouting and we’re preparing...for the block of games that we have, the two games coming up; so there’s nothing that we do not know, have not seen of any team.

“Of course...squads change, players change, coaches change, the way of playing has changed but at the end of the day we are going to go and execute our gameplan in order to attain the three points.”

Asked also about whether he had concerns about his team’s sharpness in front of goal following their narrow wins over Nicaragua and Dominica 2-1 and 2-0 respectively, Jones kept the focus on getting full points.

“First things first. In playing the game of football you either play for three points or one point. We are playing to win games, we do not want to play for goal difference...The mindset of our team is to go out and win our games. Whether you win that game by one goal or by 19, at the end of the day once you have three points and won the game, that is all you need.”

Up to yesterday’s training session at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Jones did not have his full complement of players to work with, but he said: “Some players are due to come in tonight (Monday) and over the next couple days, so we will be at full strength by the time we are in Turks and Caicos and we continue to work.”

The T&T women are due to leave for the Turks and Caicos tomorrow.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #784 on: April 06, 2022, 11:30:37 AM »
T&T Women off to Turks and Caicos.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Women’s team will depart local shores this morning for Miami where they will be joined by some of the overseas-based pros en route to Cockburn Town for their CONCACAF Women’s World Cup qualifier against hosts Turks and Caicos on Saturday.

Head Coach Kenwyne Jones and others members of his staff and playing contingent will overnight in Miami with the full squad assembling in Cockburn Town on Thursday.

The T&T team will be looking for maximum points against Group F cellar placed team in the Group before returning home to face leaders Guyana on April 12th at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet, Tobago. Turks, which have lost its two matches in the round so far, face Dominica at Windsor Park, Roseau today. Turks have been hammered by Nicaragua 19-0 and Guyana 7-0 in its previous outints. Group eaders Guyana (6pts), ahead of T&T on goal difference, hosts third place Nicaragua (3pts) on Friday.

I’m expecting them to win the matches. I believe in the talent of the group; I believe in the talent of the individual players,” Jones said prior to the team’s departure from the residential camp at the Home of Football hotel in Couva.

“I know they are going to give 100 per cent; I know they are going to fight to the end and we just have to make sure that we keep things simple and we play to our strengths and I think we’ll be good going into the games coming forward.”

Looking at the opponents, he said, “Of course…squads change, players change, coaches change, the way of playing has changed but at the end of the day we are going to go and execute our gameplan in order to attain the three points.”

The focus remains on obtaining maximum points in these two matches and in the process secure a berth in the CONCACAF Final Phase of 2023 World Cup qualifiers which takes place in Monterrey, Mexico July 4-18, 2022.

“First things first. In playing the game of football you either play for three points or one point. We are playing to win games, we do not want to play for goal difference…The mindset of our team is to go out and win our games. Whether you win that game by one goal or by 19, at the end of the day once you have three points and won the game, that is all you need.”

Tickets for the April 12th encounter with Guyana in Tobago have been priced at $50 (uncovered section) and $100 (Covered). Patrons do not need to be fully vaccinated to attend. Kids Under 12 are free and small coolers will be allowed. No glass bottles will be allowed into the venue.

Tickets will be available at Caribbean Corner Store (Plymouth & Hope)Guys Auto Zone (Plymouth) Urban Lust (Lowlands Mall) Village Bar (Mason Hall) Pablo’s Supermarket (Argyle),Dutch Fort Bar and Restaurant (Scarborough) FFVC Apparel (Plymouth) and Hype Clothing – Port Mall (Scarborough).

WATCH Jones: We're focused on winning the next two games

WATCH Hinds ready to handle the business in upcoming qualifiers

T&T Squad

NAME CLUB/SCHOOL/POSITION/ SHIRT # D.O.B

Kimika Forbes Unattached GK 1 28/8/90
Chelsi Jadoo Valadares Gaia FC (Portugal) D 2 21/3/98
Shani Nakhid-Schuster Unattached Formerly of Brooklyn College M 3 17/10/93
Rhea Belgrave Police FC (T&T) D 4 19/7/91
Shaunalee Govia Unattached Formerly of University of Mount Olive (USA) D 5 2/11/98
Shadi Cecily Stoute The University of Georgia (USA)D 6 26/10/99
Liana Hinds Hibernian Women (Scotland) M 7 23/2/95
Victoria Swift Club Leon (Mexico) D 8 29/1/95
Amaya EllisJohns Hopkins University (USA) M 9 31/10/99
Raenah Campbell Avantes Chadlkida FC (Greece)F 11 28/2/99
Asha James West Texas A&M University (USA) M 10 5/12/99
Chelcy Ralph Ball State University (USA) M 12 15/12/98
Dennecia Prince Point Fortin (T&T) F 13 10/8/98
Karyn Forbes Police FC (T&T) M 14 27/8/91
Kedie Johnson Florida International University (FIU) (USA) M 15 19/11/00
Cayla Mc Farlane Harvard University (USA) F 16 10/6/02
Maya Matouk Police FC (T&T) F 17 30/3/98
Maria-Frances Serrant Corban University (USA) F18 14/11/02
Sarah De Gannes  Brewton-Parker College (USA) M 19 22/9/02
Lauryn Hutchinson Unattached Formerly of Virginia Commonwealth University (USA) D 20 6/12/91
Tenesha Palmer Police FC (T&T) GK 21 16/9/94
Klil Keshwar St. Francis College (U.S.A) GK 22 17/7/00
Alliyah Trim FC Ginga (TnT) D 23 27/3/04

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 08, 2022, 10:53:16 AM »
Any links for the game today, thanks.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 08, 2022, 11:58:21 AM »

De game is tomorrow at 3:30pm

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 08, 2022, 04:33:47 PM »

Give thanks boss. And I see it coming on Paramount + too, so I'm set!
Also, I was trying to track down all our players who playing USL/NPSL etc. to watch them in the U.S Open Cup. Do you have a handy list of who playing where?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 08, 2022, 04:55:32 PM »

Also, I was trying to track down all our players who playing USL/NPSL etc. to watch them in the U.S Open Cup. Do you have a handy list of who playing where?

Just scroll down to the United States section. Men done get kick out already: Charleston Battery (Leland Archer), Colorado Springs Switchbacks (Triston Hodge), Indy Eleven (Neveal Hackshaw, Noah Powder).

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 08, 2022, 05:28:53 PM »

Just scroll down to the United States section. Men done get kick out already: Charleston Battery (Leland Archer), Colorado Springs Switchbacks (Triston Hodge), Indy Eleven (Neveal Hackshaw, Noah Powder).
Wow, all those guy's teams out already! I looked for Alvin Jones and Trimmingham in the Forward Madison game but they weren't in the game day squad. Thanks again, hopefully some still are left for me to watch.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 08, 2022, 06:34:42 PM »

Wow, all those guy's teams out already! I looked for Alvin Jones and Trimmingham in the Forward Madison game but they weren't in the game day squad. Thanks again, hopefully some still are left for me to watch.

Trimmingham is no longer with Forward Madison. Alvin only arrived there in the last couple of days.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Liana Hinds wants to be attacking force for Women Warriors
« Reply #791 on: April 08, 2022, 06:35:11 PM »
Liana Hinds wants to be attacking force for Women Warriors
By Jelani Beckles(T&T Newsday)

TRINIDAD and Tobago women’s midfielder Liana Hinds wants to continue contributing in attack when the national women’s senior football team play Turks and Caicos and Guyana in the Concacaf Women’s Championship Qualification tournament.

T&T play Turks and Caicos in Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos, on Saturday. The match kicks off at 3.30 pm.

On Tuesday, T&T will play their final Group F match against Guyana at Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet, Tobago, at 6 pm.

Guyana are on top of T&T in Group F by goal difference.

Only the first-placed team in the group advances to the next phase of the 2023 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign. The World Cup will be held in Australia and New Zealand.

T&T won their first two matches in Group F with a 2-1 victory over Nicaragua and a 2-0 result over Dominica.

Hinds said T&T must continue their winning form.

“Obviously we are looking to build on our last two games. We are always looking to improve anytime we step out on the field, anytime we join the team in the camp. We are looking for positive results in those games – point blank.”

Hinds, who helped set up both goals for TT against Dominica, is eager to score and create more goals.

“Looking to score some goals,” Hinds said.

“Looking to get up the field and help my team score goals, hoping to get as many assists as I can and try to keep the team playing together and as a unit as much as possible.”

Hinds wants to be one of the leaders on the squad as she is a seasoned campaigner.

“Playing in three qualifying (World Cup) tournaments I am able to bring a lot of experience and I think that’s able to help because I know what to prepare for as opposed to some of the younger players that have not played against the US and Mexico and the bigger Concacaf teams. I think bringing that experience here, and the (other) girls that do have that experience as well, we are able to raise the level of sessions in practices and raise the standard when we are together as a team.”

Hinds, who was recently signed by Hibernian Women in Scotland, is anticipating the new journey.

“I am very excited about that. I was looking to get into the UK market and I think it will be a good step for my career at this point in time. It would be very good for my development based on what I have heard from the coaches (and) based on what I know about the league as well.”

Tickets for the match between T&T and Guyana are $50 (uncovered section) and $100 (covered).

Fans don’t need to be fully vaccinated to attend. Children Under-12 are free and small coolers will be allowed. No glass bottles will be allowed into the venue.

Tickets are available at Caribbean Corner Store (Plymouth & Hope), Guys Auto Zone (Plymouth), Urban Lust (Lowlands Mall), Village Bar (Mason Hall), Pablo’s Supermarket (Argyle), Dutch Fort Bar and Restaurant (Scarborough), FFVC Apparel (Plymouth) and Hype Clothing – Port Mall (Scarborough).

T&T SQUAD

Kimika Forbes (Unattached), Chelsi Jadoo (Valadares Gaia FC/Portugal), Shani Nakhid-Schuster (Unattached), Rhea Belgrave (Police FC/TT), Shaunalee Govia (Unattached), Shadi Cecily Stoute (University of Georgia/USA), Liana Hinds (Hibernian women/Scotland), Victoria Swift (Club Leon/Mexico), Amaya EllisJohns (Hopkins University/USA), Raenah Campbell (Avantes Chadlkida FC/Greece), Asha James (West Texas A&M University/USA), Chelcy Ralph (Ball State University/USA), Dennecia Prince (Point Fortin/TT), Karyn Forbes (Police FC/TT), Kedie Johnson (Florida International University/USA), Cayla Mc Farlane (Harvard University/USA), Maya Matouk (Police FC/TT), Maria-Frances Serrant (Corban University/USA), Sarah De Gannes (Brewton-Parker College/USA), Lauryn Hutchinson (Unattached), Tenesha Palmer (Police FC/TT), Klil Keshwar (St. Francis College/USA), Alliyah Trim (FC Ginga/TT).

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 09, 2022, 07:34:34 AM »
I say a 10goal + performance against Turks will do the trick.

Guyana 0 - 0 Nicaragua

Guyana coming with an all out attack on Tuesday. Mr Jones, don't mess this one up. We have faith in you.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 09, 2022, 01:19:23 PM »

Todays match I want to see improvement on the fundaments. Dominating ball possession, good passing of the ball, shots on goal, improvement in stamina for full 90 mins, discipline in defense. I want the team to win but I want to see improvement in those areas. Better now than when we face bigger and stronger competition later.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 09, 2022, 01:27:15 PM »

Todays match I want to see improvement on the fundaments. Dominating ball possession, good passing of the ball, shots on goal, improvement in stamina for full 90 mins, discipline in defense. I want the team to win but I want to see improvement in those areas. Better now than when we face bigger and stronger competition later.
Just direct we to where you getting to see all that..if yuh there we could handle a Facebook live.. ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: April 09, 2022, 02:25:36 PM »
HALF-TIME: Turks and Caicos Islands Women 0-7 Trinidad and Tobago (Chelcy Ralph 6, 17'; Lauryn Hutchinson 14'; Karyn Forbes 33', 45'; Cecily Stoute 35'; Liana Hinds 41').

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 09, 2022, 03:31:49 PM »
FINAL: Turks and Caicos Islands Women 0-13 Trinidad and Tobago (Chelcy Ralph 6, 17', 82'; Lauryn Hutchinson 14'; Karyn Forbes 33', 45'; Cecily Stoute 35'; Liana Hinds 41'; Maya Matouk 49', 66'; Raenah Campbell 72', 86'; Maria-Frances Serrant 75').
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 04:17:24 PM by Tallman »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 06:39:04 PM by Tallman »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 09, 2022, 09:09:26 PM »
Is that a T&T record score?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #799 on: April 10, 2022, 12:00:29 AM »
Women Warriors crush Turks and Caicos 13-0.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

THE Trinidad and Tobago senior women’s footballers will only need a draw in their final Group F match against Guyana on Tuesday to advance to the next phase of the 2023 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign after thrashing Turks and Caicos 13-0, on Saturday.

The match was played at the TCIFA National Academy in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos.

Chelcy Ralph led the way with a hat-trick.

Ralph opened the scoring for T&T in the sixth minute, before the experienced Lauryn Hutchinson made it 2-0 in the 14th minute.

Ralph scored her second goal in the 17th minute to give T&T a comfortable 3-0 lead.

T&T skipper Karyn Forbes got on the score sheet in the 33rd minute and Cecily Stoute made it 5-0 in the 35th.

A goal by Liana Hinds (41st) and another by Forbes (45th) gave T&T a commanding 7-0 advantage at halftime.

The goals kept flowing for T&T in the second half as Maya Matouk found the back of the net in the 49th minute. Matouk was on target again in the 65th minute.

T&T were relentless as Raenah Campbell converted a penalty in the 72nd minute and national Under-20 player Maria-Frances Serrant made it 11-0 in the 76th.

Ralph completed her hat-trick in the 82nd minute and Campbell grabbed her second goal and rounded off the scoring in the 86th minute.

T&T will play Guyana at Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet on Tuesday, from 6 pm.

T&T will only need a draw to top Group F and advance to the next phase of the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup qualification campaign.

The World Cup will be held in Australia and New Zealand.

(Teams)

Trinidad and Tobago: 22.K’lil Keshwar (GK), 5.Shaunalee Govia, 2.Chelsi Jadoo (3.Shani Nakhid-Schuster 83), 6.Shadi Cecily Stoute, 7.Liana Hinds (19.Sarah De Gannes 75), 20.Lauryn Hutchinson, 14.Karyn Forbes (captain) (16.Cayla Mc Farlane 60), 12.Chelcy Ralph, 17.Maya Matouk (18.Maria-Frances Serrant 75), 15.Kedie Johnson (23.Aaliyah Trim 61), 11.Raenah Campbell,

Unused substitutes: 1.Kimika Forbes (GK), 21.Tenesha Palmer (GK), 8.Victoria Swift, 4.Rhea Belgrave, 9.Amaya Ellis, 10.Asha James.

Coach: Kenwyne Jones.

Turks and Caicos Islands: 13.Crystal Jean Baptiste (GK); 3.Jodee Harvey, 6.Patrice Senior (captain), 7.Irener Moline, 19.Chanile Butterfield, 11.Rosaria Talbot (15.Carlleah Lewis 46), 17.Vanessa Joseph (16.Gabriela Bruton 46), 18.Scateline Gedeon Dixon, 2.Kelmari Simons (4.Callie Hall 46), 10.Kadine Dephin, 9.Mikayla Marcellus,

Unused substitutes: 1.Brianna Burton (GK), 5.Syniah Forbes Chambers, 8.Alivia Brooks, 14.Kayley Hall, 21.Krysann Williams, 23.Olivia Park.

Coach: Yunelsis Rodriguez Baez.

Concacaf W Championship qualifiers results (Group F)

(9 April)

Turks & Caicos Islands 0, Trinidad and Tobago 13 (Chelcy Ralph 6, 17, 82, Lauryn Hutchinson 14, Karyn Forbes 33, 45, Cecily Stoute 35, Liana Hinds 41, Maya Matouk 49, 66, Raenah Campbell 72 pen, 86, Maria-Frances Serrant 75) at Providenciales, Turks and Caicos.

(8 April)

Guyana 0, Nicaragua 0 at Lenora, Guyana

(6 April)

Dominica 8 (Kasika Samuel 11, Starr Humphreys 32, 46, 48, Sari Finn 33, 40, Kylee Bertrand 84, Briyanna Philip 90), Turks and Caicos Islands 1 (Kadine Delphin 45+2) at Roseau, Dominica.

WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago Women's 13-0 victory over Turks and Caicos Islands.

WATCH "We were able to see a lot of our strengths" - Liana Hinds on 13-0 win over Turks & Caicos

WATCH Kenwyne's Post Match Reactions after 13-0 win over Turks & Caicos

RELATED NEWS

Ralph nets hat-trick in T&T’s 13-0 win.
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian).

Chelcy Ralph registered a hat-tricks as T&T’s senior Women Warriors clobbered host Turks & Caicos 13-0 to take charge of their 2022 CONCACAF Women’s World Cup Group F Qualifying Series at the Turks & Caicos Islands Football Association National Academy in Providence, on Saturday.

With the win, the Kenwyne Jones-coached Women Warriors moved to the top of the five-team round-robin pool with a maximum of nine points from three matches, two ahead of Guyana, who was held goalless at home by Nicaragua on Friday night ahead of their top-of-the-table clash with T&T at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet, Tobago on Tuesday from 6 pm.

With only the pool winner advancing to the next phase of Concacaf Women’s qualifiers, T&T will go into the match against the Guyanese needing only a draw to top the group and move on to the next stage.

However, yesterday in Providence, Turks & Caicos custodian Crystal Jean-Baptiste could not conjure such heroics as Ralph of Ball State University in the USA helped herself to a treble in the sixth, 17th and 82nd minutes, while Matouk of Police FC got a double in a second-half blitz with goals in the 49th and 66th minutes before making way for Corban University’s Maria-Frances Serran to get on the scoresheet in the 74th minute.

Team captain Karyn Forbes opened the scoring in the 33rd and 45th, and Raenah Campbell also added a pair (72nd and 86th) while Lauryn Hutchinson, Shadi Cecily Stoute (University of Georgia), Liana Hinds (Hibernian Women), and Serrant got one each to complete the lopsided win.

With an eye on the clash with Guyana, Jones also had the luxury of resting regular starters, goalkeeper Kimika Forbes, defenders Rhea Belgrave, and Victoria Swift, and attacking duo Amaya Ellis, and Asha James, both based in the USA, but all of whom will no doubt return to Tuesday’s starting squad.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 11:58:35 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 10, 2022, 02:26:25 AM »
There were several goals with lots of commendable virtues among the 13 - especially more than one assisted by Kedie Johnson whose fluency with the ball will surely ultimately deliver her to a Starting XI role consistently.

Tough decision, but decision made. Best goal: Cecily Stoute.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 10, 2022, 07:47:09 AM »
There were several goals with lots of commendable virtues among the 13 - especially more than one assisted by Kedie Johnson whose fluency with the ball will surely ultimately deliver her to a Starting XI role consistently.

Tough decision, but decision made. Best goal: Cecily Stoute.

they looked competent man, I like that the runs and positional awareness was on point, most notably they ALL looked like proper athletes and not just "girls" trying to play ball, sumting I have always wanted to see from us......want to see them against competent opposition though, Turks was clearly ah "pick up side", it does worry mih dat these teams does only come out to make up numbers and doh actually develop, which would in turn MAYBE push our development to ah nex level and not jus artificially inflate we ego jus to get it crush jus one step up d totem
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 10, 2022, 08:21:45 AM »
they looked competent man, I like that the runs and positional awareness was on point, most notably they ALL looked like proper athletes and not just "girls" trying to play ball, sumting I have always wanted to see from us......want to see them against competent opposition though, Turks was clearly ah "pick up side", it does worry mih dat these teams does only come out to make up numbers and doh actually develop, which would in turn MAYBE push our development to ah nex level and not jus artificially inflate we ego jus to get it crush jus one step up d totem

We exist to push their development; other teams exist to propel ours. That stated, the result does not signify that TCI is not developing. Rather, consider it a snapshot of where they are in the process. Different trajectories on each water-surrounded landmass.

It is important that all of these teams participate. Not to mention individual talent would be sacrificed if they did not.

If we walked away from that match with inflated egos then we are dumber than rocks.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 10, 2022, 11:37:01 AM »

We exist to push their development; other teams exist to propel ours. That stated, the result does not signify that TCI is not developing. Rather, consider it a snapshot of where they are in the process. Different trajectories on each water-surrounded landmass.

It is important that all of these teams participate. Not to mention individual talent would be sacrificed if they did not.

nah I want dem to participate ah jus want dem to be ah challenge too

If we walked away from that match with inflated egos then we are dumber than rocks.

I meant broadly across this and similar regional opposition certain types of fans see these kinda results as what should always happen in the region and anyting less is failure.......I jus feel we will grow better and faster with ah more challenging region to compete with, is all :-\

« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 11:39:26 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 10, 2022, 02:42:15 PM »
Haiti beat BVI 21-0 ?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 10, 2022, 03:39:45 PM »
Haiti beat BVI 21-0 ?

More goals were scored. The match officials lost count, and they only put down what they remember.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 10, 2022, 04:33:38 PM »
Haiti beat BVI 21-0 ?

More goals were scored. The match officials lost count, and they only put down what they remember.

That is funny, but is serious stupidness.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 10, 2022, 05:35:58 PM »
sigh.....anyway trimming d fat
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 11, 2022, 09:25:17 AM »
The TCI GK played in the CONCACAF U17 tournament last year. She wouldn't have been the only youngun on the team.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jones happy with allround team effort
« Reply #809 on: April 11, 2022, 08:52:54 PM »
Jones happy with allround team effort
By Nigel Simon (T&T Newsday)

T&T Women Warriors coach Kenwyne Jones said he was very pleased with the overall display of his team in their 13-0 win over Turks and Caicos. The teams met in the 2022 CONCACAF Women’s World Cup Group F Qualifying Series at the Turks & Caicos National Academy in Providence on Saturday.

With the win, the Women Warriors moved to the top of the five-team round-robin pool with a maximum of nine points from three matches, two ahead of Guyana, who was held goalless at home by Nicaragua on Friday night ahead of their top-of-the-table clash with T&T at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet, Tobago on Tuesday from 6 pm.

With only the pool winner advancing to the next phase of CONCACAF Women’s qualifiers, T&T will go into the match against the Guyanese needing only a draw to top the group and move on to the next stage.

Jones commenting on the win said, “I’m glad, I’m pleased with the performance of the team. We had a mandate not to score more goals to get on top by goal difference. But to win the game, firstly. And also I was just more concerned in the way that we perform to win the game.”

Looking ahead to the Guyana match and what the lopsided win against cellar-placed Turks and Caicos meant for the team Jones said, “Maybe the important thing was to win the match because in this stage of the game, the competition, it is about the three points.

You know, a draw would not have been good enough at least for us and we must continue the form that we have and keep building in the performances that we have.

And I know that you know, once we performed in the right manner the goals will come. It’s not a matter of going out there and being flustered about how many goals you need to get but you know, it’s about the performance and the way we play the way, and the mentality we’re trying to develop and the command we are trying to have.

“You know, we could enjoy this victory here for 25 minutes, but it’s back down. The team is already in recovery about to have dinner and we’re going to continue to do a little bit more recovery tonight and be prepared to leave Turks and Caicos tomorrow (Sunday) and be on our way home.

With regards to his decision to rest some of his regular starters like goalkeeper Kimika Forbes, defenders Rhea Belgrave and Victoria Swift and attacking duo Amaya Ellis and Asha James, Jones said, “Based on how they match our schedule at no point in time during this block of games that we’ve had now and the one previously, we’ve gotten the maximum amount of days in between matches. We knew that it would have been a challenge in getting two Turks & Caicos because of the flight routes.

“Also, with the time in some of the players were coming into the squad and the fact that we have two games in such a short space of time. It’s something that we have to deal with. Also, for the bigger of the two games, as its labelled, we wanted to be able to allow players to get some game time in because going on, you know, on what not only to Guyana but in the hope that we have of the goal of getting to the Women’s Championship we need everybody to get game time so that we can have a deep squad that is accustomed to the way that we have to play, not only in training but also in matches.

Focusing on Guyana Jones said they are looking forward to the match as a squad.

He added, “We want to develop our mentality and our style of play and our standards, and we want to be able to keep that no matter who we play against.

“The entire squad has to know that we play in a certain manner, and no matter who steps in at any point in time, even though they have, you know, the individual characteristics, the team’s DNA has to remain.

“Of course, we know no game in any round of World Cup qualifying is easy and going forward to Guyana, of course, it’s built up as now the clash of the top two, but at the same time we’re not too concerned, you know about all the noise on the outside.

“We’re concerned about how we get focused for the match ahead after taking care of business today (Saturday).

“Like I previously said we’ve already started our different elements of recovery, and to prepare to be able to leave here tomorrow (Sunday) to come back to Trinidad and Tobago to be able to play the match.

“The attitude is one that you’re looking for and professionalism from the team is something that I stand for as it’s something that we try to maintain throughout the squad, and I know for sure that will happen with every step that we take.

Asked his thoughts on the Guyana team and if he will play for a draw with his team now top of the group by two points Jones said drawing match is not what he is about.

He stated, “We want to win every game in this round of qualification. Thankfully, we continued the way that we started as the aim was always to get better and stronger with each performance. “Also, thankfully, no as well we’ve had a few additions, not all the additions that we wanted to have so far, but the sport itself is getting deeper and stronger and you know, that puts us in a good place for when we go on to the Guyana match and beyond tactically.

1]; } ?>