March 28, 2024, 01:46:36 PM

Author Topic: Women Warriors Thread  (Read 129034 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Women Warriors Thread
« Reply #810 on: April 12, 2022, 04:50:46 PM »
We just missed a bunch of opportunities. We are going to pay for not bringing in a veteran like Yaya.

TT 0 - 1 Guy

Yep

Allyuh really think that the 13 we put pass TCS was a sign we okay. Man, this women team playing real bad. This is become a repeat of the men's campaign.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 04:56:28 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 12, 2022, 04:55:25 PM »
Yuh start already   ;D

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 12, 2022, 04:59:07 PM »
Yuh start already   ;D

Haha. Yuh already know. This team did not convince me. I knew the 2 -0 score against Dominica was a sign we in trouble.

I've been watching the game from the first 10mins. And I watch how Guyana grown into the game. Since their goal, their confidence has increased two-fold.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 12, 2022, 05:01:22 PM »
We just missed a bunch of opportunities. We are going to pay for not bringing in a veteran like Yaya.

TT 0 - 1 Guy

Yep

Allyuh really think that the 13 we put pass TCS was a sign we okay. Man, this women team playing real bad. This is become a repeat of the men's campaign.

according to the stats we have no shots on target
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 12, 2022, 05:05:43 PM »

TT 0 - 1 Guy

Yep

We had 2. Both right in front of the goal. Just a tap in.

Bad call by Jones. For a game like this, BRING IN YUH VETERAN. Yaya would have been playing in front of she home crowd in Bacolet. Yuh dunno she would of light up the goal..

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 12, 2022, 05:43:39 PM »
WOW!! Between the legs. Goodbye TT

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 12, 2022, 05:46:01 PM »
We should have been compressing our lines and managing the ball. Guyana needed a win, we didn't.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 12, 2022, 05:57:35 PM »
Heart attack..

2-2 last minute goal by Hutchinson. We get away. Bring back Yaya

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 12, 2022, 06:00:53 PM »
Bring back Maylee.   :) That midfield situation was woeful.

Hope lessons were learned tonight.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 12, 2022, 06:03:29 PM »
We need the veterans for moments like that.

There's a few Canadian girls that are being overlooked. Ask why we don't have any from CAN.. Guyana and Jamaica tapped into their Canadians. We have not.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 12, 2022, 06:33:09 PM »
Hear nah homies ah had to go and take a drink following dis game , oh jeezanages  hear nah like we team playing wid my feelings oh wha !  Dat a real drama ...... Wha de ass !   Ah had to take ah Deep breath oui 😅😳 , ah cyar hide meh ah like de fight from de team doh  ! Now on to serious prep , alot ah work to do still ! Leh meh ketch myself  dem people nearly make .... Chit meh self oui !  😅

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 12, 2022, 06:34:16 PM »

Heart attack..

Both ah allyuh should know better… things don’t work so or makes a difference like that.. allyuh experienced man !

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 12, 2022, 06:48:43 PM »

Heart attack..

Both ah allyuh should know better… things don’t work so or makes a difference like that.. allyuh experienced man !

Well things need to change. I would have brought in Yaya, especially for this game. She never played a game in front of her home crowd. I don't think she would have struggled here. Plus she only handing out goals to them keepers in Turkey. Even the worst coach wouldn't overlook this opportunity.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 12, 2022, 07:00:33 PM »
HORRIBLE PERFORMANCE! Wait til allyuh see the match highlights smh

We have alot of improvement to do boyyy...we need a training camp and some more matches between now and final round. The intensity of our girls are very low and careless mistakes in the back defense

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 12, 2022, 07:06:34 PM »
i could imagine how they play. no team coordination ? :rotfl:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #825 on: April 12, 2022, 07:12:00 PM »

Match Highlights here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRSa0lIO6h8

what a mess!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 12, 2022, 07:16:04 PM »
A goal between the legs. Yikes

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 12, 2022, 07:46:43 PM »
See why I doh feel good when ah team doh challenge we........levels doh get tested and we doh know where is apparently we eh really get anywhere, jus up d tempo lil bit and  :'( :'( :banginghead:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 07:48:43 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 12, 2022, 07:48:45 PM »

Heart attack..

Dahis why I have de smiley face. I recognize what yuh saying but I also recognize that this is an appropriate moment or inflexion point at which to bury the hatchet. All hands on deck or reshuffle the pack.

By reshuffle I mean rethink where some players are assigned positionally.

Finally, let this be the END of playing Kimika on big occasions. There is ample evidence to defend that call.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 03:03:35 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 12, 2022, 07:52:53 PM »
See why I doh feel good when ah team doh challenge we........levels doh get tested and we doh know where is apparently we eh really get anywhere, jus up d tempo lil bit and  :'( :'( :banginghead:

This result had nothing to do with that.

Also, the pre-match warm-up (at least elements thereof) should be rethought. Lots of lines and standing around. Other sequences did not sufficiently serve the GK's match prep.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 12, 2022, 08:00:03 PM »

Basic stuff breds.. Clear the ball.. don't let the last player dribble the ball. Too many times they trying to dig themselves out of the back by dribbling the ball. For this game, they got to clear the ball.

Tactics off by KJ. Need a new goalkeeper. A solid centerback and a solid general in the middle. Bring back Yaya. Also I don't really see the leader of the squad.. That means we need one.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 12, 2022, 08:25:42 PM »

Basic stuff breds.. Clear the ball.. don't let the last player dribble the ball. Too many times they trying to dig themselves out of the back by dribbling the ball. For this game, they got to clear the ball.

Tactics off by KJ. Need a new goalkeeper. A solid centerback and a solid general in the middle. Bring back Yaya. Also I don't really see the leader of the squad.. That means we need one.

She coming.. oops ah miss  ;D trying again
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 08:28:56 PM by maxg »

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 12, 2022, 10:52:01 PM »
Saundra baron is a trini / American goalkeeper  , who last I recall was playing pro in the Israeli premier league  in 2019 .......not sure if she is still there , but should be a useful addition for the national women's team , I'm not dogging Kimika forbes but she  needs to clean up / correct some of the elementary slip ups  more recently !  I don't know if the occasion of playing  infront  of her home crowd / Tobago got to her , however she needs to buck up at this level .....nothing personal Kimika .  wishing the best .. Another name I haven't seen nor heard of in the mix is Kayla Taylor  , is she still playing ball?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #833 on: April 12, 2022, 11:54:56 PM »
Women Warriors seek just one point against Guyana
T&T Guardian Reports.

T&T’s women footballers need only to draw on Tuesday against Guyana from 6 pm at the Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet, Tobago to earn their passage to the next phase of the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers.

They hold the top position in the group (Group F) after a goalless draw between Guyana and Nicaragua on Friday last, coupled with T&T’s 13-0 thrashing of the Turks and Caicos Islands on Saturday afternoon at the National Academy Facility.

With nine points from three matches, captain Karyn Forbes and coach Kenwyne Jones need just a point as the Guyanese, the second-placed team on seven points, need to win today to progress.

Yesterday, Forbes was appreciative of the congratulatory messages coming their way, but she said she did not want to take any team for granted:

“Again we need to remain disciplined and respect the opponent but our goal is to get three points and finish at the top of the group because only one team will advance,” she said.

Yesterday, the T&T women had little preparation time before the game, as a flight delay forced them to overnight in Miami.

The team was scheduled to touch down in Tobago yesterday afternoon in anticipation of a rousing welcome.

Forbes, who gave local fans a major injury scare when she went down during Saturday’s match told the media she will be taking the field this evening, and Jones who used a few of his players in different positions successfully will now have a welcomed selection-headache against the Guyanese.

“ For the next game, the team is going to make some adjustments and this is a message that we want to send that we’re coming to CONCACAF and we’re coming to do something,” Forbes said.

With regard to the successful use of players in different positions, Forbes said, “This will give the coach a headache in choosing the team for the Guyana game because a lot of the players, even off the bench were hungry. So it puts pressure on the starters on the team that their spot is not secured.

That competitiveness will only make us more competitive on the field.”

Today’s game is expected to have a large crowd as Forbes said even at her store she has had to get more tickets for the match.

She said, “I am delighted and I can say for sure that we’re about to create history there, being the first time that we will play in Tobago and advancing in CONCACAF in Tobago. The crowd will definitely come out.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #834 on: April 12, 2022, 11:56:58 PM »
Women Warriors advance to Concacaf Champs.
T&T Newsday Reports.

SUBSTITUTE Lauryn Hutchinson netted a late equaliser as Trinidad and Tobago Women Warriors and the Guyana Jaguars drew 2-2 in their Group F fixture, at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet on Tuesday evening.

Action was in the qualification round of the Concacaf W Championship (formerly the Concacaf Women Championship).

By virtue of the result, T&T topped Group F and join the winners of the five other groups, as well as Canada and the United States, in the Concacaf Champs, which is scheduled from July 4-18 in Monterrey, Mexico.

T&T finished on ten points from four matches, followed by Guyana with eight. Nicaragua and Dominica (who were facing each other at press time on Tuesday), as well as Turks and Caicos, were already eliminated.

Guyana needed to win while T&T only required a draw to secure first place in the group.

There were twists and turns in a tense encounter, in front of a lively crowd at Bacolet, before the veteran Hutchinson scored, five minutes after replacing the other T&T goalscorer Asha James.

Playing in front of her native Tobago fans, James had T&T’s first attempt on goal, after three minutes of play. The attacking midfielder got behind the Guyana defence but her right-footed shot went wide of the mark.

T&T Under-20 captain Maria-Frances Serrant was used as the lone forward by coach Kenwyne Jones, but she missed a glorious chance to break the deadlock in the 24th minute.

Central defender Rhea Belgrave did well to chase a ball from Liana Hinds and pick out Serrant, who spooned her shot overbar, from inside the six-yard box.

The other two Tobago-born players who were facing their home supporters were the Forbes sisters, captain Karyn and goalkeeper Kimika.

The T&T goalie was tested by a 35th minute from Brianne Desa’s freekick, which she spilt, but Otesha Charles failed to convert on the rebound attempt.

However, Forbes had another howler nine minutes later, which proved costly. The experienced keeper failed to gather another freekick from Desa, and Sydney Cummings was on hand to pounce on the loose ball and score from three metres out.

T&T levelled the scores in the 48th, when James sent her penalty attempt to the right of goalkeeper Chante Sandiford, after Serrant was tripped inside the area by Briana De Souza.

Serrant had two opportunities to put T&T ahead.

In the 66th, she intercepted the ball from an opponent, inside the Guyanese half, and raced towards goal, but her right-footed effort struck the crossbar. Twelve minutes later, after good work down the right flank by wing-back Kedie Johnson, Serrant was given a clear shot on goal but her meekly-taken right-footer trickled wide of the keeper right.

Kimika Forbes seemed to evoke memories of a similar gaffe against Ecuador on December 2, 2014 (which ruined T&T’s chances of qualifying for the 2015 World Cup in Canada). With eight minutes to go in regulation time, a low freekick from Cummings stunningly trickled between the hands and legs of the T&T goalie, to the delight of the visitors.

The scoreboard read 2-1, which would have ensured Guyana’s passage to the next round, but the Canadian-born Hutchinson, who can play either in defence or midfield, proved to be a master stroke from Jones.

Cecily Stoute sent a cross from the right which was met by Serrant. Once again, Serrant failed to convert, as her shot crashed off the bar, but Hutchinson was on hand to tap home the rebound, and guarantee a spot for T&T at the Concacaf W Championships.

Two teams from the Concacaf Champs will automatically qualify for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand, while the third-placed teams from the two groups will advance to the inter-confederation playoffs.

(Teams)

Trinidad and Tobago (4-2-3-1): 1.Kimika Forbes (GK); 6.Shadi Cecily Stoute, 8.Victoria Swift, 4.Rhea Belgrave, 15.Kedie Johnson (17.Maya Matouk 84); 7.Liana Hinds, 14.Karyn Forbes (captain); 16.Cayla Mc Farlane (2.Chelsi Jadoo 75), 10.Asha James (20.Lauryn Hutchinson 84), 11.Raenah Campbell (12.Chelcy Ralph 75); 18.Maria-Frances Serrant.

Unused substitutes: 21.Tenesha Palmer (GK), 22.K’lil Keshwar (GK), 3.Shani Nakhid-Schuster, 9.Amaya Ellis, 19.Sarah De Gannes, 23.Aaliyah Trim.

Coach: Kenwyne Jones

Guyana (4-1-2-3): 1.Chanté Sandiford (GK); 20.Brianne Desa, 5.Sydney Cummings, 11.Briana De Souza (3.Tiandi Smith 80), 6.Ghilene Joseph (8.Shanice Alfred 59); 4.Kayla De Souza (captain); 7.Justine Rodrigues, 16.Stefani Kouzas; 15.Calaigh Copland, 13.Annalisa Vincent (17.Neema Liverpool 88), 12.Otesha Charles (14.Brittany Persaud 80).

Unused substitutes: 18.Natalie Nedd (GK), 22.Raven Edwards-Dowdall (GK), 2.Rylee Traicoff, 9.Lakeisha Pearson, 10.Hannah Baptiste, 19.Reece Scott,  21.Mariam El-Masri, 23.Shyla Murray.

Coach: Dr Ivan Joseph

Referee: Francia Gonzales (Mexico)

Watch Watch Highlights of tonight's 2-2 draw with Guyana

« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 12:00:11 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 13, 2022, 03:14:00 AM »
Saundra baron is a trini / American goalkeeper  , who last I recall was playing pro in the Israeli premier league  in 2019 .......not sure if she is still there , but should be a useful addition for the national women's team , I'm not dogging Kimika forbes but she  needs to clean up / correct some of the elementary slip ups  more recently !  I don't know if the occasion of playing  infront  of her home crowd / Tobago got to her , however she needs to buck up at this level .....nothing personal Kimika .  wishing the best .. Another name I haven't seen nor heard of in the mix is Kayla Taylor  , is
she still playing ball?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Wha geologic time scale yuh using as a benchmark? Yuh say that as if de Pleistocene epoch or "Ice Age' was YESTERDAY. But in truth, she should see another big context match when "hell freezes over".

But to your comment, more recently was this:

Not to trigger any traumas ... but that looked strikingly like an Ecuador moment. ::)

And maybe Anbrat finally has a clear answer to the question he posed some posts after that ... because these events are episodic.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 03:36:35 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 13, 2022, 03:40:56 AM »
Ah notice Dennecia Prince was not included in the squad --- not even for Turks. Ah cyah vex wid dat.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 13, 2022, 03:51:20 AM »
Serrant is NOT a leader of the lines. She is lively but not technically or decisionally equipped to be the focal point of attacking movements. She plays on instinct and makes quick decisions ... but her decision-making tends to be rash and occasionally beneficial.

Because her play and tendencies are opportunistic, she should be used in support of the focal point but NOT as the focal point.

A possible solution: Introduce her to Cornell Glen and let them work some individualized situational sessions. She would improve tremendously in terms of framing goals and understanding how to engage the penalty area and the attacking zones around the penalty area. She is a player who can improve tremendously.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 03:54:37 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 13, 2022, 04:04:03 AM »
Lauryn Hutchinson, thank you. You saved more than a match.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 13, 2022, 07:03:22 AM »

TT 0 - 1 Guy

Yep

Can Jones bring someone who has refused to join the team. Come on Man!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

1]; } ?>