March 28, 2024, 08:04:41 AM

Author Topic: Women Warriors Thread  (Read 129015 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Women Warriors Thread
« Reply #840 on: April 13, 2022, 10:35:29 AM »
We just missed a bunch of opportunities. We are going to pay for not bringing in a veteran like Yaya.

TT 0 - 1 Guy

Yep

Allyuh really think that the 13 we put pass TCS was a sign we okay. Man, this women team playing real bad. This is become a repeat of the men's campaign.

according to the stats we have no shots on target
Can Jones bring someone who has refused to join the team. Come on Man!

You sure is that? I not doubting you.. But I find it hard to believe that she will say no to her last opportunity, considering her age..

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 13, 2022, 05:17:59 PM »
We just missed a bunch of opportunities. We are going to pay for not bringing in a veteran like Yaya.

TT 0 - 1 Guy

Yep

Allyuh really think that the 13 we put pass TCS was a sign we okay. Man, this women team playing real bad. This is become a repeat of the men's campaign.

according to the stats we have no shots on target
Can Jones bring someone who has refused to join the team. Come on Man!

You sure is that? I not doubting you.. But I find it hard to believe that she will say no to her last opportunity, considering her age..
Somebody said something similar on Facebook and she replied saying ppl talking things they do not know. So I don't believe she refuses to play

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 14, 2022, 03:06:16 PM »
Oh yes. Facebook, another new bible according to man.
.Is she part of the team ? No. Is KJ a madman for not requesting her services  ? Possibly. Would she make a difference? Absolutely. Are we talking things we don’t know? Most definitely . See question one…

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 14, 2022, 07:05:24 PM »
Saundra baron is a trini / American goalkeeper  , who last I recall was playing pro in the Israeli premier league  in 2019 .......not sure if she is still there , but should be a useful addition for the national women's team , I'm not dogging Kimika forbes but she  needs to clean up / correct some of the elementary slip ups  more recently !  I don't know if the occasion of playing  infront  of her home crowd / Tobago got to her , however she needs to buck up at this level .....nothing personal Kimika .  wishing the best .. Another name I haven't seen nor heard of in the mix is Kayla Taylor  , is
she still playing ball?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Wha geologic time scale yuh using as a benchmark? Yuh say that as if de Pleistocene epoch or "Ice Age' was YESTERDAY. But in truth, she should see another big context match when "hell freezes over".

But to your comment, more recently was this:

Not to trigger any traumas ... but that looked strikingly like an Ecuador moment. ::)

And maybe Anbrat finally has a clear answer to the question he posed some posts after that ... because these events are episodic.
I hear you! Unfortunately I did not see the match. *sigh*

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 15, 2022, 05:35:30 AM »
Is that a T&T record score?

Apparently record-equaling.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 15, 2022, 02:35:16 PM »
Is that a T&T record score?

Apparently record-equaling.

2018-05-07 T&T Women 13-0 Grenada
2011-07-07 Dominica Women 1-14 T&T Women
2002-07-04 Dominica Women 0-13 T&T Women
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 15, 2022, 06:35:56 PM »
flat track bullies :wavetowel:
I pity the fool....

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 17, 2022, 02:43:09 PM »
The posts that I saw before the match with Guyana led me to believe that we should win,how wrong can people be,I always thought we were flimsy,it always happen so I am not shocked.Guyana was always known for their world famous cricketers,now in recent times they are doing quite good in other sports,a new culture is taking over.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 19, 2022, 05:39:55 PM »

The posts that I saw before the match with Guyana led me to believe that we should win,how wrong can people be,I always thought we were flimsy,it always happen so I am not shocked.Guyana was always known for their world famous cricketers,now in recent times they are doing quite good in other sports,a new culture is taking over.
yes in other sports, they are becoming better in track and field. I see them win a handful of medals at CARIFTA. This was not the norm ten years ago

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 19, 2022, 05:41:13 PM »

I HOPE THE WOMEN'S COACH KENWYNE JONES CAN TAKE AND UNDERSTAND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. We remember how he was as a player when he could not take many people telling him to become more agile and robust as a striker instead of just standing and waiting. Hopefully his mindset has changed as a coach

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 19, 2022, 06:13:33 PM »
Concacaf WCQ women

Group A : USA, Mexico, Jamaica,  Haiti (Group of death)

Group B :Canada, Costa Rica, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 19, 2022, 06:41:21 PM »
Concacaf WCQ women

That mountain is climbable. The 3rd place team in both groups will advance to a playoff.

Have we looked at the Canadian pool ? I don't see any Canadian girls in the team. Also I haven't seen any from England.. Scouting ?

As for the other group, Haiti has gotten way better recently. And Jamaica is always finding English girls so they will be ready for Haiti.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 20, 2022, 06:51:30 AM »

I HOPE THE WOMEN'S COACH KENWYNE JONES CAN TAKE AND UNDERSTAND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. We remember how he was as a player when he could not take many people telling him to become more agile and robust as a striker instead of just standing and waiting. Hopefully his mindset has changed as a coach

A lack of agility and robustness was the critique of KJ?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 20, 2022, 07:10:13 AM »
Concacaf WCQ women

The most favored and preferred grouping. Let's see if we conspire to screw it up.

Anyone see a squad list? The other nations have released their squads. By now CONCACAF would have had the rosters. Why is it a treasure hunt to locate T&T's representatives?

Good point. Also where is the scouting report from Canada and England. We are the only team out of Jamaica and Guyana who hasn't tapped into the Canadian and English pool. Trust meh on this one. Them girls in Canada and England are receiving a blind eye. Purposely being avoided.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 26, 2022, 12:13:47 PM »
Concacaf WCQ women

The most favored and preferred grouping. Let's see if we conspire to screw it up.

Anyone see a squad list? The other nations have released their squads. By now CONCACAF would have had the rosters. Why is it a treasure hunt to locate T&T's representatives?

Good point. Also where is the scouting report from Canada and England. We are the only team out of Jamaica and Guyana who hasn't tapped into the Canadian and English pool. Trust meh on this one. Them girls in Canada and England are receiving a blind eye. Purposely being avoided.

Well no matter which group we are in, there is no easy road but at the end of the day in sports anything could happen- mere minnows could choke a whale.   I think in the past we have had King out of Canada represent out national team and a Deleon from the US.
Currently  Canada national teams both men and women  are riding on the success of many WI descendants  and if they chose to represent Canada,  its a choice. The programing and coaching have been outstanding.

From 2004, I have advocating for TnT to look at the systems, coaching and  programing that Canada is building, hire some of their former players who are now coaching and resurrect  our derelict, antiquated approach. Our approach of a short term fix is not sustainable for  long term results.

It pains me yet it is with due respect that I applaud JA  progress in athletics and their national sporting programs: Net ball, football and Track and Field.

I ask again  given the economics  of a country like Haiti, how is it that they continue to find ways to  be successful  with their football program?

This is not a time to finger point or to scapegoat or to  look at TTFA for answers this is an all  encompassing issue that needs to be examine at all levels to find sustainable viable and competitive programing.

In my humble opinion, when you have a player of KJ who have played at a high level and who is imparting  his knowledge unto players, it bodes well for  results. But again he is one part of the clog. Resources and a talented pool of players are the other side of the equation. When you look at the  Canadian women's game,
the past couple of tournaments and preparation they have been undergoing- the level of play is not even comparable. However if there is ONE lesson from 2006 is that it is possible to take down giants in the game. TnT have done it before- we have taken out the like of USA from world Cup; we have battled with the likes of Mexico.

I for one was in the Stadium when we had that Women's game against Ecuador, One win away  and we fouled that. I am looking at travelling to Mexico for these playoffs because I believe that we have earned a chance to create an upset

"Great moments are born from great opportunity, and that's what you have here ladies. That's what you've earned here . One game; if we played them ten times, they might win nine. But not this game, not in Mexico."

Go out , and run with them;  stay with them, and  shut them down because you can. You , have to see yourselves as the greatest women's football team TnT has produced.

You prepared yourselves for this moment to be  players—every one of you, and you were meant to be there . This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great football team the other countries have  . Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it!"

Take this post it in your room read it every day; believe in it and lets turn thoughts into actions and beliefs into a reality. Ah taking meh pension money to travel to Mexico to cheer you on.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: April 26, 2022, 06:27:35 PM »
ABTrini, the programs has to go back to starting these ladies when they are at primary school level, according to former national player and HS school coach, Mike Grayson. If it does not start at U-8, U-9, U-10 etc, we eh going nowhere.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #856 on: June 26, 2022, 10:57:06 AM »
T&T Senior Women off to Monterrey.
TTFA Media.

This country’s Senior Women’s Squad, led by head coach Kenwyne Jones will depart for Monterrey on Wednesday for a residential training camp ahead of the Concacaf Women’s Championship.

T&T will do battle with Canada, Panama and Costa Rica in Group B of the 2022 Concacaf W Championship (CWC) in Monterrey from July 4th.

Jones will travel with a training camp squad with the Final 23-Player Roster for the tournament to be announced in due course.

The tournament is part of the Confederation’s new women’s senior national team ecosystem and is scheduled to be played in Monterrey, Mexico, between July 4-18, 2022. It serves as the qualification tournament to the FIFA Women’s World Cup (FWWC) 2023 and, as part of an exciting new format, the Champion will qualify directly to the 2024 Paris Olympic Games.

Group A: United States, Mexico, Jamaica, Haiti
Group B: Canada, Costa Rica, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago

Jones’ squad faced Panama in two friendlies in Couva last October, drawing both games 0-0 and 1-1 with Panama netting a late equalizer in the second outing. Panama however came away 3-0 winners when the two nations met in the 2018 Final round of qualifiers. Current squad members Liana Hinds, Karyn and Kimika Forbes, Rhea Belgrave and Lauryn Hutchinson were part of the side back then.

After round robin group stage plaY in Monterrey, the top two teams in each group will move on to the semifinals and in doing so, qualify directly to the 2023 FWWC (four teams). Meanwhile, the third placed teams in each group will qualify for a 2023 FWWC Intercontinental Playoff (two teams).

The semifinals, final and third-place match will be played in a single elimination format, with the Champion qualifying for both the 2024 Paris Olympics and the inaugural Concacaf W Gold Cup, to be held in 2024. The runner-up and third-place teams will also square off in a Concacaf Olympic play-in series, scheduled for September 2023. The winner of that play-in series will also qualify for the 2024 Paris Olympics and the 2024 Concacaf W Gold Cup.

Watch Press Briefing with Kenwyne Jones ahead of T&T Women's Team departure for Monterrey

See Preliminary Team Rosters click here

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 26, 2022, 04:21:15 PM »
T&T Senior Women off to Monterrey.
TTFA Media.

This country’s Senior Women’s Squad, led by head coach Kenwyne Jones will depart for Monterrey on Wednesday for a residential training camp ahead of the Concacaf Women’s Championship.

T&T will do battle with Canada, Panama and Costa Rica in Group B of the 2022 Concacaf W Championship (CWC) in Monterrey from July 4th.

Jones will travel with a training camp squad with the Final 23-Player Roster for the tournament to be announced in due course.

The tournament is part of the Confederation’s new women’s senior national team ecosystem and is scheduled to be played in Monterrey, Mexico, between July 4-18, 2022. It serves as the qualification tournament to the FIFA Women’s World Cup (FWWC) 2023 and, as part of an exciting new format, the Champion will qualify directly to the 2024 Paris Olympic Games.

Group A: United States, Mexico, Jamaica, Haiti
Group B: Canada, Costa Rica, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago

Jones’ squad faced Panama in two friendlies in Couva last October, drawing both games 0-0 and 1-1 with Panama netting a late equalizer in the second outing. Panama however came away 3-0 winners when the two nations met in the 2018 Final round of qualifiers. Current squad members Liana Hinds, Karyn and Kimika Forbes, Rhea Belgrave and Lauryn Hutchinson were part of the side back then.

After round robin group stage plaY in Monterrey, the top two teams in each group will move on to the semifinals and in doing so, qualify directly to the 2023 FWWC (four teams). Meanwhile, the third placed teams in each group will qualify for a 2023 FWWC Intercontinental Playoff (two teams).

The semifinals, final and third-place match will be played in a single elimination format, with the Champion qualifying for both the 2024 Paris Olympics and the inaugural Concacaf W Gold Cup, to be held in 2024. The runner-up and third-place teams will also square off in a Concacaf Olympic play-in series, scheduled for September 2023. The winner of that play-in series will also qualify for the 2024 Paris Olympics and the 2024 Concacaf W Gold Cup.

Watch Press Briefing with Kenwyne Jones ahead of T&T Women's Team departure for Monterrey

See Preliminary Team Rosters click here
Is there a  significant  player with international  experience who just recently scored about 30 + plus goals  missing from the names among this team?  I eh want to K reate any Confusion  but ah feel that both coach and play could come to a resolution and do what 's best from team and country.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 04:57:28 PM by ABTrini »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 26, 2022, 04:24:46 PM »
Too late now. Her non-participation can't be reversed.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #859 on: January 14, 2023, 12:23:29 AM »
Asha James to play in Portugal top flight.
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday).

Trinidad and Tobago and West Texas A&M midfielder Asha James has signed with Valadares Gaia FC of Portugal's top-tier women's league, the Campeonato Nacional Feminino.

James will play alongside compatriot Chelsi Jadoo.

Valadares Gaia are currently seventh (11 points) on the Portuguese women’s top flight, mid-season, with Benfica at the summit (30 pts).

James, 22, represented the Women Warriors during their Concacaf Women's Championships qualifiers and tournament last year. Since her debut in 2019, she has made three appearances for the Women Warriors.

In October, she was named the Lone Star Conference’s women’s soccer Offensive Player of the Week for the second time. One month prior, she achieved the same accolade for her Texas A&M outfit.

The Portuguese league resumes on Sunday.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 14, 2023, 03:51:42 AM »
And Jassiel Forde? Understood.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 14, 2023, 11:53:50 AM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 30, 2023, 01:37:04 PM »
Jones joins Hood in race for women’s coaching job
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian)

Former national senior men’s football team captain and national women’s team coach, Kenwyne Jones has re-applied for the vacant head coaching role of the women’s team.

This was confirmed by the 38-year-old former England and USA-based T&T striker when contacted on Monday.

In a brief response when asked about his application for the position, Jones in a WhatsApp message replied, he submitted his application to the T&T Football Association (TTFA) on Sunday, the deadline date, and in the process joined another former national woman’s senior team and youth coach Richard Hood as the front runners for the position.

Hood, who was recently relieved of his head coaching role of the Police FC team in the T&T Premier Football League and led the national Under-20 women’s team to the quarterfinal round of the 2020 CONCACAF Championships and has served as coach of the Under-15 girls’ team, as well as assistant to Norwegian Even Pellerud at the 2010 FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup on home soil, said he submitted his application on Friday last.

Former national senior men’s football team captain and national women’s team coach, Kenwyne Jones has re-applied for the vacant head coaching role of the women’s team.

This was confirmed by the 38-year-old former England and USA-based T&T striker when contacted on Monday.

In a brief response when asked about his application for the position, Jones in a WhatsApp message replied, he submitted his application to the T&T Football Association (TTFA) on Sunday, the deadline date, and in the process joined another former national woman’s senior team and youth coach Richard Hood as the front runners for the position.

Hood, who was recently relieved of his head coaching role of the Police FC team in the T&T Premier Football League and led the national Under-20 women’s team to the quarterfinal round of the 2020 CONCACAF Championships and has served as coach of the Under-15 girls’ team, as well as assistant to Norwegian Even Pellerud at the 2010 FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup on home soil, said he submitted his application on Friday last.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #863 on: June 15, 2023, 01:14:02 AM »
USA, European coaches apply for Women Warriors post.
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian).

Technical Director of the T&T Football Association, Anton Corneal, says the announcement of the new T&T senior women’s football team coach is expected to be made in two days.

He told Guardian Media Sports that the selection of the head coaching job and staff for the T&T Women’s Warriors attracted an overwhelming response from applicants for the vacant positions when the deadline for submission of applications came on May 28.

The women Warriors are drawn to face Mexico and Puerto Rico in Group A of the nine-team League A of the 2023 Road to CONCACAF W Gold Cup qualifiers beginning in September.

Among the qualifications the aspiring coaches must possess are a minimum qualification of a TTFA B’ License or equivalent or a desired qualification of TTFA A’ License or equivalent along with a minimum experience of five years coaching at the senior level and working knowledge of women’s football in the Caribbean Football Union and CONCACAF.

In addition, a desired experience of ten years coaching at the senior level and coaching at a national team (senior and/or youth) level.

Corneal said, “We got over 150-plus applications for the positions from around the world inclusive of coaches from USA, Spain, Belgium, Italy, and England, along with here at home.”

Without divulging any of the foreign applicants, he said that former national women’s coaches, former national men’s striker and captain, Kenwyne Jones, and Richard Hood, the former coach of the team are among the most high-profile local applicants.

Corneal said, “We are presently down to about 12 applications and within the next two days we will be making our decision.

He added, “A key part of the final decision in selecting the right coaching staff will be their qualifications, experience, and leadership qualities.”

The senior women’s team coaching position became vacant when the tenure of former England, and USA-based Jones was not renewed after ending on August 31, 2022.

In 2021, Welshman James Thomas resigned in October after five months into his tenure as head coach, and a week later, T&T men’s futsal coach Constantine Konstin was hired, only for Jones to be appointed five days later as the interim coach for the period October to November 2021, and that turned into a nine-month contract.

He led the team to the 2022 CONCACAF Women’s Championship which served as a qualifier for the upcoming 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand. T&T finished at the bottom of their four-team group after defeats to Canada 6-0, Costa Rica 4-0 and Panama 1-0. The team played its last match in July 2022, after which his contract was not renewed when it expired in August.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 25, 2023, 04:21:23 PM »
Corneal said, “We got over 150-plus applications for the positions from around the world inclusive of coaches from USA, Spain, Belgium, Italy, and England, along with here at home.”

Without divulging any of the foreign applicants, he said that former national women’s coaches, former national men’s striker and captain, Kenwyne Jones, and Richard Hood, the former coach of the team are among the most high-profile local applicants.

Corneal said, “We are presently down to about 12 applications and within the next two days we will be making our decision.

Damn, well who is the coach, TTFA? It's almost July.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #865 on: June 29, 2023, 01:08:04 AM »
Hood set for Women Warriors job.
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian).

Richard Hood is set to be named coach of the T&T Women's Warriors team on Thursday.

Contacted for comment, technical director of the T&T Football Association (TTFA), Anton Corneal was mum on the issue but did confirm that a decision was made on the selection of the coach for the team earlier in the day, just over two months after the closing date for applicants on May 28.

Corneal said, “We had over 150 applications from North America, Europe (England, Spain, Belgium, Italy) and here at home combined, and in the end, we narrowed it down to six last week, from which our final decision was made.

The Women Warriors are drawn to face Mexico and Puerto Rico in Group A of the nine-team League A of the 2023 Road to Concacaf W Gold Cup qualifiers beginning in September, and according to Corneal, a key part of the decision had to do with the tournament in mind.

He added, “The tournament for the women kicks off in September and that is a very short time for us to prepare the team, so we had to select someone who had relative knowledge of the players that we have at our disposal as well as what we can afford in terms of salary to the coach and his technical staff, bearing in mind the limited funds we have available to us.”

Among the qualifications that were required of the aspiring coach was a minimum qualification of a TTFA B License or equivalent or a desired qualification of TTFA A’ License or equivalent along with a minimum experience of five years coaching at the senior level and working knowledge of women’s football in the Caribbean Football Union and Concacaf.

In addition, a desired experience of ten years coaching at the senior level and coaching at a national team (senior and/or youth) level.

Earlier this month, Corneal confirmed that former women’s team coaches, ex-T&T captain Kenwyne Jones and Hood, the former coaches of the team were among the most high-profile local applicants.

The senior women’s team coaching position became vacant when the tenure of former England, and USA-based Jones was not renewed after ending on August 31, 2022.

In 2021, Welshman James Thomas resigned in October after five months into his tenure as head coach, and a week later, T&T men’s futsal coach Constantine Konstin was hired, only for Jones to be appointed five days later as the interim coach for the period October to November 2021, and that turned into a nine-month contract.

He led the team to the 2022 Concacaf Women’s Championship which served as a qualifier for the upcoming 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand.

T&T finished at the bottom of their four-team group after defeats to Canada 6-0, Costa Rica 4-0, and Panama 1-0. The team played its last match in July 2022, after which his contract was not renewed when it expired in August.

Reached for comment, Hood, who was recently relieved of his head coaching role at the Police FC's T&T Premier Football League outfit could not say or deny if he was selected.

Hood is no stranger to the T&T coaching set-up having and was previously the head coach of the national women's team in 2011 for both the Pan American Games and Caribbean Football Union Women's Olympic Qualifiers, and then in 2016 for the Concacaf Final Round of Olympic Qualifying competition.

He also led the national Under-20 women's team to the quarterfinal round of the 2020 Concacaf Championships and also coached the U-15 girls' team, as well as served as an assistant to Norwegian Even Pellerud at the 2010 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup on home soil,

According to sources close to the decision-making, Jones was the favoured choice for the position but made a U-turn at the last minute due to the short preparation time he would have faced in getting the team ready for the qualifiers in September.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 29, 2023, 01:25:41 AM »
The TTFA oozes organizational genius.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 29, 2023, 12:09:11 PM »
According to sources close to the decision-making, Jones was the favoured choice for the position but made a U-turn at the last minute due to the short preparation time he would have faced in getting the team ready for the qualifiers in September.

:banginghead:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 29, 2023, 01:48:03 PM »
Jones agains ?  ::) ::) ::) ::) basement bargaining again eh ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: July 12, 2023, 09:13:52 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago influence hits Nepean FC
Football NSW

There will be some Trinidad and Tobago flavour added at Cook Park for the remainder of the Football NSW League One campaign with Nepean FC’s newest addition.

Maria-Frances Serrant has been touted as ‘one to watch’ arriving in Sydney in early June and has arrived to make her presence felt for Nepean FC.

Playing across the front third with incredible pace, Serrant is only 20 years old and is looking to make a name for herself Down Under.

The youngest of eight children, Serrant started her football journey in her home town of Diego Martin, playing football with her brothers at their local club team before receiving a scholarship in the United States with Corban University and later West Texas A&M.

Serrant has represented Trinidad and Tobago at Senior Women’s level as well as all youth national team ranks.

Moving to Australia, Serrant is presented with a new challenge and an opportunity to advance her football to another level in a new country.

So how did the speedster end up at Cook Park?

“I was recommended by a former coach after an agent reached out looking for a forward and then Nepean FC got in contact earlier this year,” said Serrant.

Having only been at Nepean FC for a short time, Serrant is enjoying her time so far and excited for what is to come with the second half of the season kicking into gear.

“The team are a friendly bunch, they welcomed me with a lot of smiles,” the forward said.

“The facilities are nice, the coaching staff is really good, I’ve had a lot of conversations with them and gotten to know them and they are getting to know me, they’re very open and knowledgeable and I appreciate that.”

Being an attacker, there is one major thing on Serrant’s mind and that is to score goals.

“I want to score as many goals as I can with the games I have left in the season,” said Serrant.

“I want to push myself and teammates and to showcase myself and also to build myself towards playing at a higher level.”

The new Nepean FC star has some career goals she has drawn up for herself and is looking forward to achieving them.

“To gain experience, win trophies, play at a FIFA Women’s World Cup and play in Europe in any of the top 5 leagues, Serrant said.

“I hope to make an impact on women’s football mostly for my country and many girls who, look like me, are where I came and who grew up in the same situations as me.

“I hope to create a legacy both on and off the field.”

1]; } ?>