March 28, 2024, 05:40:38 AM

Author Topic: Charles: TTFF don't care about women team.  (Read 11790 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Charles: TTFF don't care about women team.
« on: November 14, 2006, 11:11:50 PM »
Charles: They don't care.
T&T coach regrets late change of plans.
By: Ian Prescott (Trinidad Guardian).

"They don't care," Marlon Charles declared, "referring to the attitude of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) towards the national women's football team.
"But I am undaunted...I am not quarrelling. When things like this happen, you hear people talking after a tournament, but they don't know what is happening. We have many talented footballers, but they are not being given the opportunity to give their best performance through proper preparation." Charles was venting his feelings, but not angry. The head coach of the T&T national women's football team had expected to leave Trinidad for Miami today, play two warm-up matches against an American professional team and the Jamaican national team before facing Mexico on Sunday at the 2006 CONCACAF Women's Gold Cup.
But, his squad's lack of preparation was made even more threadbare when the T&TFF took 48 hours out of his intended build-up on US soil. Two days might not seem much, but since the bulk of his players are based at universities in the United States and Canada on football scholarships, Charles felt it vital to get some playing time with them before the tournament.
"Canada, Mexico and the United States are coming into the tournament after playing in the Peace Queen's Cup. We now have to leave on Friday, just two days before the tournament. We leave on the 17th, face the hassle of going through immigration, jet lag, and also wait for a bus to go to the hotel. What can I do with these players on the afternoon of the 17th? Nothing!" he declared.
"I will want to train on the Saturday, but I can't do anything much because the game is the next day. We are going into a World Cup qualifying tournament without preparation. How can that be good enough?"
Charles has consistently said that the T&T Soca Warriors' qualification for the 2006 FIFA Men's World Cup in Germany was the best thing to happen to football in this country. He must now be wondering whether all the resources are going to the men, while other national teams are neglected.
He probably is also wondering if the Soca Warriors had the same problems going into today's friendly international against Austria in Vienna.
"We saw it recently with Brian Williams and the national under-20 footballers, who are meeting teams like St Kitts, who had gone to Brazil before a tournament. Anton Corneal said the same thing about the under-17 footballers not being prepared properly. Yet, they (T&TFF) want good results. Football is not about magic, it's about preparation," stated Charles.
Forced to alter his plans, the T&T coach leaves on Friday with eight locally-based players, including two goalkeepers, who will join 12 foreign-based players in Miami.
Five footballers from local women's champions Real Dimension are in the national team, including Tasha St Louis, Jamila Mathlin, Niasha Reyes, Rae Ann Elder and Nadia James.
Also in the squad are Leslie Ann James (Joe Public), goalkeeper Kemica Forbes (St Clair Coaching School) and Lisa Joe Ramkisson.
Charles has chosen a big locally-based contingent as he has had at least two days a week to work with them and is pleased by what he has seen. He is hoping the American college circuit will at least have brought the T&T foreign-based players to a high level of fitness.
"I am not discouraged," he said. "In fact, I am very optimistic. We are going to do the best we can, with the resources we have. We know it's going to be tough, but the girls are all up for the fight. We are going out there to do our best for Trinidad and Tobago."

« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 04:26:59 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Charles: They don't care
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 02:33:38 AM »
For the older heads, Marlon charles is an ex youth striker from 1983.

Was one of the few bright lights on a real shit Fatima squad back in 1982.

FK, did he play for Tacarigua??

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Charles: TTFF don't care about women team.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 05:55:45 AM »
He damn rite. I watching dat intinery and seeing dem leaving friday and first game sunday. That is wickedness. If the men's team prep poor, the womens is slipshod at best. It disgusting. I wish dem well doh.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 07:35:09 AM »
Some things will never change..Spending time and money and then cyah even leave on time...steupss...jokers

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 08:38:55 AM »

VB

VB be honest i can't member Marlon Charles from Fatima or Tac Utd.  Only familiar with him coaching at ALCONS and he seem to be a real good coach,  and run a nice session.
I always thought he went John D or gustine, maybe alsoncs men could answer,i doubt he play for TU he coulda play though nice touches clean 1st touch he had skills but injuries.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 08:59:14 AM »
Some things will never change..Spending time and money and then cyah even leave on time...steupss...jokers

This is why you would continue to see our women getting 5+ goals from our central and north american counterparts. We consistently prepare the team to fail rather than win.
SAME OLE SAME OLE

This is why I stated before to remove that TTFF board and hire new younger blood and people with real football and marketing expertise.

I don't expect a win for the women team, but I hope they can keep the score respectable

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 09:01:10 AM »
This is BS!!........TTFF please get your priorites right...
 :praying:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 12:47:49 PM »

VB

VB be honest i can't member Marlon Charles from Fatima or Tac Utd.  Only familiar with him coaching at ALCONS and he seem to be a real good coach,  and run a nice session.
I always thought he went John D or gustine, maybe alsoncs men could answer,i doubt he play for TU he coulda play though nice touches clean 1st touch he had skills but injuries.
         I can assure you all that Marlon Charles played for TESCA because we both played together for them,i don't know about youth/college teams,yes he was a very good player but prone to injurys.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 12:51:56 PM »

VB

I can assure you all that Marlon Charles played for TESCA because we both played together for them,i don't know about youth/college teams,yes he was a very good player but prone to injurys.

TESCA was a big side in dem times.  Dark Horse and dem was worries.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 03:29:10 PM »
They care about the men? Olympic qualifiers to start soon I eh hearing nothing bout no team. The under 20's were a sad lot. The Under 17's God alone know what goin on with them.

The article should say the TTFF eh care about football.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 03:53:47 PM »
Does the Trinidad public care about the Woman team? how many people does show up for their games? How many of all yuh does go their games? Or watch woman football period! be honest....

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 04:00:17 PM »
Well for us on the outside yuh doh see or hear anything unless is US  they playing and getting licks

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 04:26:58 PM »
DO dey care about any footballer in this country
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 09:49:02 AM »
Atleast Marlon Charles have some balls to say that,,,,, now he have to becareful Jack eh fire him for making that comment.... yuh know de TTFF dont like people with opinions....

Good luck to the Ladies, hope they make us proud and get the respect they deserve....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 10:08:33 AM »
If they don't care about the men's team what makes you think that they will ever care about the women's team especially since there is very little money to be made from women's soccer.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 10:09:30 AM »
Atleast Marlon Charles have some balls to say that,,,,, now he have to becareful Jack eh fire him for making that comment.... yuh know de TTFF dont like people with opinions....

Good luck to the Ladies, hope they make us proud and get the respect they deserve....
       Sam you are right because i said the same thing when i was with the Shell squad in 89 and that was the last time i worked with a T&T team,i think it's a different time where people can voice their opinions without being rediculed.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 11:06:55 AM »

Sam you are right because i said the same thing when i was with the Shell squad in 89 and that was the last time i worked with a T&T team,i think it's a different time where people can voice their opinions without being rediculed.

Against all odds, we will defeat the Mexican team. I have a VERY strong feeling we will.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 05:00:30 PM »
Football King,

ah feeling shame.... :-[

I was thinking of Mark Jeremy who was or is part of the national Coaching scheme.

No excuse for that shit......... ;D :shameonyou:

Well ah guess meh age showing.

VB

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 09:35:28 PM »
Football King,

I was thinking of Mark Jeremy who was or is part of the national Coaching scheme.

VB

VB
u talking of Jeremy or Marlon "Soy" Brown?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 06:29:37 AM »
I believe ...

There are great opportunities in the women's game today for our players to distinguish themselves, even if gradually.

Because ... the women's game hasn't consolidated itself globally yet (beyond the traditional dominant teams and a handful of teams pushing @ their heels) ...

I believe ...

The gap will widen if BS like this goes unchecked.

I really believe our players have an opportunity to make telling inroads ... if given the platform ... BS like this ... loses he plot.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 06:32:14 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 07:20:14 AM »
This is why I stated before to remove that TTFF board and hire new younger blood and people with real football and marketing expertise.

I don't expect a win for the women team, but I hope they can keep the score respectable

This has been my thought also. We need a football federation that is (1) transparent, (2) not someone else's puppet and (3) capable of producing consistent results with TT players.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2007, 07:29:44 AM »
Good Morning,
                         Women sports in general seem to get the short end of the stick

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 05:27:07 AM »
Football King,

VB

Perhaps old age really getting the better of me...I have been saying Mark Jeremy but perhaps the name is really Marlon Charles........this person would have been on the Fatima side in 1981 and Capt of Fatima in 82. Also played for the Nat. Youth team in 1982. Now I just plain confused. Any of the older heads remember.

Peace,
VB
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 05:29:30 AM by vb »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 06:07:48 AM »
Football King,

VB

Perhaps old age really getting the better of me...I have been saying Mark Jeremy but perhaps the name is really Marlon Charles........this person would have been on the Fatima side in 1981 and Capt of Fatima in 82. Also played for the Nat. Youth team in 1982. Now I just plain confused. Any of the older heads remember.

Peace,
VB

VB,
          The Marlon "Junior" Charles that I know did play for TECSA. And yes, Coop did play with him. He played a couple games for the national team also. But like Coops says, he was injury prone. He was from St. Joseph. We used to play in the San Joseph savannah for a team called Chelsea.  He got a scholarship to Davis &  Elkins thru Mike Grayson. He and Kendall Walkes and some St. Vincy and JA guys played for DE then. Their nemesis was West Va Wesleyan with Stuart Thomasas, Wharton-Lake, Woodstaock(JA). He came back and was teaching somewhere in San Juan. Then I saw he and Shabazz started coaching the women's teams. He did not go to Fatima as far as I know.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 08:47:09 AM »
If you have 12 players based in the US, Hire a US based coach. So you would not have to fly people from Trinidad to meet up with the majority of the squad.

Set up a program where the 12 based in US and the 8 based in TnT are going trough similar tactical trainings so everyone is on the same page.

Then when you bring the group together things will fall in place quicker.

All organiszations face budget limitations, sometimes you need to think outside the box to get the best solutions.

Offline blurpleen3630

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 09:33:57 AM »
does anybody know when WoLF starting ???

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 11:30:06 AM »
If you have 12 players based in the US, Hire a US based coach. So you would not have to fly people from Trinidad to meet up with the majority of the squad.

Set up a program where the 12 based in US and the 8 based in TnT are going trough similar tactical trainings so everyone is on the same page.

Then when you bring the group together things will fall in place quicker.

All organiszations face budget limitations, sometimes you need to think outside the box to get the best solutions.

stop talking common sense.....yuh ever know de TTFF to use dat?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 11:55:01 AM »
Marlon Charles has been coaching the women's team years now ...with poor results. What he has mentioned now never seemed to matter when he was kept on all those years with little progress or success. now dey get Pelligrund or whatever he name is , he get voice now ?
Is either Sabazz or marlon charles or both as women coaches since the inception of that programme .... is funny how man does find dey voice when tings start going against dem ...
Is how long now we know dat T&T women playing in ah world tournament ? Like he jus find out ? cause he now talking bout preparations ....and we hosting it ?
Now he complaining bout not enough time for training ?
Ah hope he have someone who he could sell he hard luck story ... not me  I eh buying dat  !

1]; } ?>