August 31, 2024, 10:46:02 PM

Author Topic: John ruled out of tonight's affair.  (Read 7931 times)

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
John ruled out of tonight's affair.
« on: November 15, 2006, 08:30:48 AM »
John ruled out of tonight's affair.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago suffered a late blow on the eve of their friendly international against Austria as key striker Stern John sustained a knee injury and has been ruled out of the encounter at the Ernst Happel Stadium in Vienna.
The injury was a frustrating one for John who had to leave the field in an uncomfortable mood after a collision with goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams as the team went through some finishing drills at the match venue on Tuesday night.
What started off under a relatively cool conditions turned damp for the Coventry City man as he went in to meet a cross and met a rushing Williams at the top of the six yard box resulting in him receiving a blow to the chest and then a follow through knock to the left knee as he landed. He immediately walked off the pitch in limping and was observed by team doctor Terrence Babwah. He underwent a scan in Vienna on Wednesday morning which reportedly showed sprained ligaments but means he will take at least two weeks before being able to engage in action again. It is obviously disappointing news for the T&T top striker as he has been enjoying good form of late for his club and is nearing the end of his contract at the Championship Division team.
This now means that head coach Wim Rijsbergen will possibly start with Jason Scotland and Scott Sealy in attack as John was already on a flight back to Birmingham by mid afternoon on Wednesday. The team is now down to 16 players with defender Dwayne Jack being unable to make the trip.
“It’s the most disappointing thing to have to miss a game because of this kind of knock and it couldn’t have come at a worse time,” a disappointed John said.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 08:40:58 AM by Flex »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN RULED OUT OF TONIGHT'S AFFAIR
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 08:37:06 AM »
hard luck Stern. These things does happen.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN RULED OUT OF TONIGHT'S AFFAIR
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 08:41:36 AM »
hard luck Stern. These things does happen.

I think he is more worried about the fact that it would keep him out of action with Coventry. I could understand why club managers get upset about their players going to play for their country. Who knows Stern could have ended up top striker in the Championship and after coming off the cut on the ankle this 
is going to be a big set back.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Re: John ruled out of tonight's affair.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 08:51:03 AM »
This is not good at all for new contract negotiations
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 08:56:39 AM »
good news so we are force to play with out john yorke sancho and dog ... good time to get used to not having these guys around....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 08:59:39 AM »
Agreed Triniman

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 09:01:17 AM »
good news so we are force to play with out john yorke sancho and dog ... good time to get used to not having these guys around....

It means that men like Whitley, Theo, Sealy, Samuel, Jones have to step up their game !!!! , and give us a win today

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 09:03:47 AM »

That is about the only positive we could take from it. Stern was pushing for a contract extension and dis come at a real bad time. De manager done screwing bout birchall  coming for a friendly and benching him, he might'nt be so charitable with this one because stern INJURED....and out for about 2 weeks.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 09:09:15 AM »

I eh go lie eh...allyuh could be rel callous oui.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 09:14:48 AM »

It means that men like Whitley, Theo, Sealy, Samuel, Jones have to step up their game !!!! , and give us a win today
I dont think Jones in this squad
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 09:15:37 AM »
Captain Birchall will have to marshal his troops.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 09:17:45 AM »

Every cloud does have a silver lining, but i still dont see it as good news.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 09:18:43 AM »
I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 09:27:14 AM »
Captain Birchall will have to marshal his troops.

I think Dennis Lawrence my get the armband today
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 10:22:02 AM »

Out of this entire situation that is the good you come up with?....the man manager against players playing in international friendlies losing the man for at least two weeks his topscorer in the final year of his contract and this is what your mind come up with?...is better you had just read it and said nothing allyuh fellas ridiculous...hard luck stern....lomg as he scoring for  us no worries he get injured  is just to ignore that fact and stress on the other men who could take his place.....

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 10:31:27 AM »
Sad news...

but it will give sealy a chance....

but STERN 14 IS DE MAN STILL...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 10:34:26 AM »

Out of this entire situation that is the good you come up with?....the man manager against players playing in international friendlies losing the man for at least two weeks his topscorer in the final year of his contract and this is what your mind come up with?...is better you had just read it and said nothing allyuh fellas ridiculous...hard luck stern....lomg as he scoring for  us no worries he get injured  is just to ignore that fact and stress on the other men who could take his place.....

take things out ah context ok
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »
hope Stern have a speedy recovery....on the plus side(if there is one)Sealy getting ah chance to start, and settle down as a starter against a big side(???).....Go SocaWarriors!!!!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 10:55:20 AM »
Very sad news. Terrible time for John to get injured and also very bad PR for us in the Country vs Club disputes. He was crucial for Coventry's push for promotion. I hope it's just his lateral ligaments and not the cruciate ligaments inside his knee.

Big blow also to our strategy for the Austria game. T&T's play does rely on a fair amount of cross balls from the wings and long balls from defense serving men who are strong in the air (Stern, Jones and yes Glen) so with John out of the picture, we have to depend on Sealy, Scotland and Toussaint who do not score with headers. I guess we will have to convert to an all ball-along-the-ground game and expect the midfieild to be very composed in ball control to serve these forwards while the Austria midfield rushes us to decrease time on the ball

The only, sad to say, "blessing in disguise" is that Sealy gets the chance to prove himself over a full game probably and the stikers get a chance to combine without John for the first time in years to see how the experiment works. John as target striker with back to the defense, encouraged us to be slack in midfield as all the defenders had to do was bypass the midfield, boot it long up to him in a crowd and because he was so strong he used to make something happen. Jones had a similar capacity. With both out it will be a TOTALLY different strategy with relatively short Sealy and Scotland, not to say midgety Toussaint.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 11:47:22 AM »
hard luck day stern
dat injury have real bad timin
but i not worried about the attack that we have now...
when scotland and sealy partnered against korea we gave them beans
and i am sure that the koreans are a faster team than austria

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 11:57:42 AM »
i know yuh not tlking about the injury...but i understand what yuh say...it will give other players a chance to rise to the occasion when we dont have our bigger name players...best of luck to the rest of the team....and i hope stern recover sooner as possible...

Offline HEARNAR

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 12:44:09 PM »
Sad to hear of the injury. Hope Stern a speedy recovery. Lets see how the replacement handle themselves. This is the perfect oportunity to stand and be counted. Cause we are warriors to the end.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 01:20:52 PM »
SAD NEWS DEY MAN

i sure stern good cuss jan michael for dat collision but he strong so i sure he go back befor d 2 weeks up

PRESIDENT OF THE STERN FOR GOALS COMITTEE
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 03:21:10 PM »
Hard luck dey Stern Sealy did nothin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>