April 24, 2024, 03:29:59 PM

Author Topic: Happy Anniversary Soca Warriors Thread  (Read 6811 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Happy Anniversary Soca Warriors Thread
« on: November 16, 2006, 06:51:10 AM »
Anniversary...ah yes the best day as a TT fan

Folks alyuh remember one year ago to the day was d greatest day ever in TT.

Look memories nah man....We Reach

Pictures

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 05:14:34 AM by Flex »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Anniversary...ah yes the best day as a TT fan
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 07:08:43 AM »
Yesterday real take the edge off of the nostalgia. Dat was a nice day doh. I remember i wake up real early even doh i wasnt going to school. Bathe......put on a white jersey as dat was de away kit...........and sit down. my cousin start to harass me to install a dvd drive on he computer so he could play pro evo soccer. Den cause channel 4 doh really show good unless yuh have cable me and pops went down by my uncle and take it in. I remember real harassing God with prayers cause i know we couldnt handle a next heartbreak. I start to plan ways to gloat to de people dat said we wasnt going a place. I start to write down all who going and get it rub in dey face....de ppl who laff at me when my MSN name was "Trinidad and Tobago Are Going To The World Cup 2006" since mid 2004....de people who say de only way we making a world cup is if we host it........de people who use every negative adjective to describe my team. Put money on my phone to call my two uncles whom i get into lenghty arguments about our chances of making it. I remember my heart fluttering everytime we came close. I remember being too nervous to eat half time cause for 2 minutes doubt start to seep in.I remember half jumping up cause all of we swear we hear a whistle when lawrence head went up for that ball, cause i swear it woulda be dissallowed. I remember shitting bricks when de man knock de ball outta kelvin jack hand. I remember walking down de road smug cause everybody talking mess bout how dem always know we coulda do it. I remember sending everybody who i was saying we wouldnt go nowhere a text putting dem in dey place. I remember going to the airport and welcoming dem home. I remember everything about that day. It was one of the most memorable days of my life indeed. The feeling i got....was something i will never again experience.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 09:50:13 AM »
What a day. Imagine u in Crown Plaza in an HIV WOrkshop and the place so still u cyah hear a car pass. I misssed the 1st half was in a Workshop. Thank God 4 text messages I text meh sister and my peeps leh me know when something happens. My sister text me back y don't u leave that meeting I say the Hon Minister right day whey are goin.

They finally shut up lunch coincided with the half time. had a quick lunch missed desert so I can see the start of the game. Crown Plaza lobby full and the game start back so I take off my high heels so when we score I could jump up. We have to score I eh getting over Nov 19th 1989 so we have to be goin Germany.

Lawerence score ah jump ah scream nuff man who stay for desert run out they miss the goal. I getting text we score I eh have tell my peeps that I finally watching. I think after the goal I must have been going mad I cyah see the time oh God how much time left.

Latapy nearly score the incident with Jack( my aunt say after I eh know football that look wrong. the shot Jack save oh God Jesus ( father forgive me for calling your name in vain).

The final whistle we win oh Lord we win text text and more text. I have to call me sister in the Us. No answer on the cell call she workplace she not dey tell Arlene we goin Germany the Yankee eh understand the accent plus a good hyper tell her we goin Germany.

I leave the people Workshop I have a class to teach I get out a town just as the Promenade start to get crazy. Is on horn on the highway not  to mention water. I hear holidayyyyyyyyy. oh God only thing missing is my mother she neva life to see we qualify for a WC.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 11:43:33 AM »
Jack's save in de final seconds is truly one for the history books oui...I almost pass out with dat one.

T&T welcomes back...the King

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 11:58:45 AM »
Jack's save in de final seconds is truly one for the history books oui...I almost pass out with dat one.

from the first game we played in the hex i knew we were goin germany, i was 100% sure by the mexico game...

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 12:18:01 PM »
Best day of meh whole dam life........anybody knw where ah cud get a copy of Bharain DVD to buy?? Need 2 get one for meh uncle in Canada..Thanks
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Happy Anniversary Soca Warriors Thread
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 09:45:19 AM »
Bahrain's World Cup Wounds

As our qualification Anniversary...and my happiest day on earth is coming near...let us remember the good times.

November 16th, 2005 remains a dark day in Bahrain's football history. In the 92nd minute of a home playoff against Trinidad and Tobago for a place in the World Cup, striker Ahmed Hassan scores what appears to be the decisive goal for Bahrain.

GettyImages

Flashpoint: Tempers flair between Bahrain and Trinidad and Tobago in the infamous 2006 World Cup qualifier.

But Colombian referee Oscar Julian Ruiz Acosta immediately disallows it because Hassan had stolen possession as Trinidad goalkeeper Kelvin Jack threw the ball in the air for his up-field punt.

T&T would hold on for a 1-0 second-leg victory and an overall 2-1 aggregate result, taking Dwight Yorke and co. to Germany 2006.

The disallowed goal was followed by chaotic scenes with defender Hussain Ali Baba red-carded and the fans ripping up seats and throwing them onto the Bahrain National Stadium along with other objects.

An unsuccessful appeal through FIFA followed and Bahrain fell agonisingly short of what would have been their first World Cup finals appearance.

Three years on, it's a pain that still lingers amongst the Bahraini football fraternity as the national team knuckles down to the final phase of its 2010 qualifying campaign. On November 19th, the Bahrainis host Asia's top side, Australia, in a must-win match.

''I might be emotionally biased but I would say that it should have been a goal, obviously,'' said Ali Khalifa Alkhalifa, vice-president of the Bahrain Football Association. ''I think it should have been a draw which would have pushed us through. But what's gone is gone.''

ESPNsoccernet Press Pass analyst and former Premier League goalkeeper Shaka Hislop, who sat on the Trinidad and Tobago bench in Manama three years ago and went on to play in the 2006 World Cup, holds the opposite view of an incident that resembled George Best dispossessing Gordon Banks at Belfast's Windsor Park more than three decades earlier.

''I didn't even get out of my seat because I knew it would be blown as a foul,'' he said. ''They were trying to make something out of nothing. It would have been an absolute travesty if the goal had stood.''

Controversy seemed to follow Bahrain throughout the 2006 qualifying campaign with an earlier play-off against Uzbekistan replayed after a refereeing gaffe. This time, it went in Bahrain's favour.

Instead of ordering Uzbekistan to re-take a penalty in Tashkent because of encroachment, Japanese referee Toshimitsu Yoshida stunned everyone by giving Bahrain a free kick. Even though Uzbekistan won the match 1-0, FIFA nulled the result and ordered the qualifier to be replayed.

The Bahrainis ended up advancing to their meeting with Trinidad and Tobago on the away goals rule after a 1-1 result over two legs.

This time around, Bahrain are underdogs in the final phase of Asian World Cup qualifying which sees them at the bottom of Group A after a home defeat to Japan and an away draw with Qatar.

Overcoming the Socceroos - to whom they lost in qualifying in the 2007 Asian Cup with 3-1 and 2-0 defeats - would be a big step towards turning around their campaign.

''Winning this game on our land would be our best hope to pursue our qualification to the World Cup in a steady manner,'' said Ali Khalifa Alkhalifa. ''Gaining points from this game is must for us to keep our hopes still there.''

The Bahrainis are coached by veteran Czech manager Milan Macala, who's highly respected within the Gulf region, having also worked with Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, and the United Arab Emirates.

GettyImages

Milan Macala takes Bahrain training.

Playing in their eighth World Cup campaign, Bahrain were fourth in the 2004 Asian Cup, the year they were voted FIFA's most improved team.

But apart from a 1-0 win in March against the Japanese in the previous phase of qualifiers, Macala's side has struggled for consistent results and were handed a deflating 2-1 loss to Azerbaijan in a home friendly last month.

Despite the game falling on a non-FIFA date making it difficult for Europe-based players, Hislop is predicting an Australian victory, but adds that the Socceroos will need to be on their guard.

''The Bahrainis are a good football team, very skilled and nippy and cannot and should not be taken for granted,'' he said. ''The downside is that they lack size, physically, and at times when we played them, they looked disorganised.''

In football-mad Bahrain where the European game is closely followed, the locals will have to overcome the fear factor as they face up to a star-studded Socceroos line-up whose 18-man squad on match day could include as many as 13 players with English Premier League, UEFA Champions League or Serie A experience.

The right combination of caution and attacking instinct would be needed for 34th ranked Australia to overcome Bahrain (72nd), Hislop added.

''Manama wasn't an overly intimidating place to go,'' he said. ''There's no reason why Australia shouldn't play with two up front. I see a 2-0 victory for the Socceroos, but not an easy 2-0.''

That kind of result would almost end Bahrain's chances of making amends for their 2006 heartbreak. Ali Khalifa Alkhalifa says that Macala's men are ready to cause an upset.

''Our chances are very tough if we talk by the language of numbers,'' he said. ''But we all know in football, anything can happen and we're giving it our best shot. Nowadays everything is possible.''

•  Sydney-born Jason Dasey www.jasondasey.com is an international broadcaster and corporate host. He covered the 2006 World Cup and 2007 Asian Cup for ESPN.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 05:12:05 AM by Flex »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bahrain's World Cup Wounds
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 10:06:30 AM »
Agreed 3rd yr aniversary plus let us hope we can really bury nov 19th as 1 ah we worse days 3 days latter
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 03:31:41 PM »
Australia 1:0 Bahrain

goal in (90'+4)  :o

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 03:59:10 PM »
''I might be emotionally biased but I would say that it should have been a goal, obviously,'' said Ali Khalifa Alkhalifa, vice-president of the Bahrain Football Association. ''I think it should have been a draw which would have pushed us through. But what's gone is gone.''

ESPNsoccernet Press Pass analyst and former Premier League goalkeeper Shaka Hislop, who sat on the Trinidad and Tobago bench in Manama three years ago and went on to play in the 2006 World Cup, holds the opposite view of an incident that resembled George Best dispossessing Gordon Banks at Belfast's Windsor Park more than three decades earlier.

Shaka is correct  as we all know, also Ali Khalifa Alkhalifa said if they allowed it it would have pushed them thorugh... He is wrong as it was 1-1 in T&T and would have been 1-1 in Bahrain....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 05:16:06 PM »

Ouch!  Dat is pressha!  :(
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 05:18:24 PM »

Yeah boy...dat hard...but Australia know how dat feel...remember that dubious penalty Italy get in WC 2006....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 05:27:09 PM »

Yeah boy...dat hard...but Australia know how dat feel...remember that dubious penalty Italy get in WC 2006....

True dat.  Yuh stayin inside wit all dis rain?  Or yuh cyah resiss seein Birchy "in de flesh" and ah axin answers?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 05:27:31 PM »
bahrain could suck salt.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 06:20:19 PM »
i take in a lil piece of the game.. Bahrain look like they play all over dem aussies.. oh well.. at least they didn't behave like some ass after they lorse.. til a next 4 yrs..
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 06:34:14 PM »

True dat.  Yuh stayin inside wit all dis rain?  Or yuh cyah resiss seein Birchy "in de flesh" and ah axin answers?  ;D

I am indoors....yes I was able to resist... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 11:58:50 PM »
Bye bye Bahrain

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
bahrain vs australia
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 05:27:04 PM »
replay on fsw righ now , look how stadium empty
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 10:16:02 AM »
6 yrs ago was d happiest day of all our football lives. So lets remember that gr8 day.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 10:16:57 AM »
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 03:03:44 PM »
Thank you, Dennis Lawrence! And the entire team! :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 03:31:53 PM »
Thank you, Dennis Lawrence! And the entire team! :beermug:
And uncle jack thanks you too for the 188 miilion. ;D

PS: forgive me guys, didn't mean to be ah cock, or make light of ah joyous moment in T&T football, but it was too easy and ah couldn't help it.  :laugh:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 03:49:54 PM »
tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »
yeah...happy anniversary

it feels more like a funeral though...
whey boy!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 03:56:59 PM »
wow those were some heady days...i remember i took of from work to watch the game

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 04:33:43 PM »
 :beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 04:48:35 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zkjRInOCbtE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zkjRInOCbtE</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2011, 08:12:59 PM »
 :'( :'(

2018 fuh sure  :beermug:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2011, 08:16:05 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zkjRInOCbtE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zkjRInOCbtE</a>

THXS PRO

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »
Not to take away from any derived sentiment here, as it was really a happy day, but this is exactly what is plaguing our football....SENTIMENT and MEMORY.

As a nation...from Prime Minister to peasant....we live in the past and always harken back to past achievements or failures.

There's always a thread about when we win what game and qualify for the world cup, Flex even post up some long time videos recently.........

Its great to remember but lord......get over it

1]; } ?>