April 23, 2024, 10:32:18 AM

Author Topic: POST ANY POSITIVES FROM THE GAME  (Read 2706 times)

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
POST ANY POSITIVES FROM THE GAME
« on: July 07, 2005, 11:57:06 AM »
Looks like we tried the goal more often. 11 shots to 13 from Hon

Any more crosses from the flanks?

Any long throws? And consistent pressure in the box.

We still need work on dead ball situations- taking them and defending them.

I did not see the game but we appear to need 2 forwards and at least 1 more top midfielder in the mix.

Let meh hear your thoughts on any positives that we can build on!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: POST ANY POSITIVES FROM THE GAME
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 12:42:32 PM »
1. We created shooting opportunities and actually took most of them.
2. The defense absorbed the constant pressure that came about from the lack of understanding between Rahim and Gray.
3. We took decent corners
4. Our goalkeeper commanded his area and appeared confident
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 12:57:23 PM »
We did not give up any more goals and came away with a point, right now Columbia wish they had a point!!

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 02:06:59 PM »
Although Leo said he's aiming to win all the game, I believe he is still assessing players and trying to sort out things positionally also. In the just concluded Con Fed Cup, Brazil's team started off slowly and also looked disjointed in their play and was heavily criticized in the media in Brazil but he stated clearly that he’s experimenting although he aiming to win. Now I’m certainly not comparing T&T to Brazil but you can see Leo is still working on a few things, I expect things to improve in the upcoming matches. (I hope). I watched the game with two Dutch colleagues, a Jamaican and two Trini and they all said we’re making the same criticisms that everyone makes against own their national team when they have a disappointing game. Although I’m concerned I’m not ready to panic just yet.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 02:50:02 PM »
Defintiely took more shots, created more half chances but should have more full chances...
Maybe he palying dead to ketch cobo.. US will say, but they ain't that good, but come Aug 17th we go planass they backside...

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 07:37:11 PM »
I think the coach looking at players to see whos not worth pursuing in the final WC rundown..so this is probably make or break for bout 6 fellas.
It doesnt make sense to bench Stern or take away the captaincy he shoulda never had in the first place cause he is going to get affected mentally ( and then maybe eat more pies lol).The coach knows he's our best striker and the best way to get back in form is to play..unless he gets frustrated.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 07:40:34 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 07:52:32 PM »
yea....we start with a point....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 08:33:25 PM »
yea....we start with a point....

I agree.. we didn't loose..and we have a point.. and I'm sure we can build on this.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 08:47:58 PM »
We have a coach.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 09:50:43 PM »

We are  beginning to see more clearly and understand what the previous coach was saying.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 10:22:15 PM »

We are  beginning to see more clearly and understand what the previous coach was saying.

What did he say?  "Allyuh doh like meh because ah from Tobago?"

How about..."I doh scout de opposition.  We jes need to play how we play"??

What so hard to understand bout dem ting?

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2005, 06:12:02 AM »

STEUPS! What sh*t u talking bout? wat was he saying?
he was mister no tactics!!
he was mister no plan B,
he was mister "go out there guys and do your best so i can my job!"

look man, doh upset meh this hour ah de morning!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2005, 07:30:54 AM »
We have ah point. Even though we probably was one ah the only teams to not have a warmup game before the Gold Cup.

We eh get blowout. As customary when we play disjointed like that.

We have ah keeper who hardly play last season and still fairly competent.

Samuel eh Fat.....He just had ah Wardrobe malfunction (clothes just fit him funny)
He did good in his time on the field, and he's another one who eh play much last season for his club.
Good lightning bolt that string up the keeper.

Birchall had ah good lightning bolt that score.

A lot more shots in general.

There were many positives we could take from the game that if added to our play in the mexico game will have us Booking Flights Alemania.

On ah side note StoreBayLimer remember to say no to drugs :)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2005, 08:06:42 AM »
I find men getting real tie up from that result against Honduras...it was not a bad result for several reasons.

1) Honduras is a good team. Just because they not in the Hex doesn't mean that we or Panama are better than them. they were playing good ball last year and it was only because Guatemala on a good run now, they not their in Guatemala's spot (which is ahead of us in the hex !) Plus, they preparing specifically for the Gold Cup since they get knocked out of WCQ. They are arguably the 2nd best team in theis group because Colombia send a team made up of youths and fringe players (We being the best team)

2) Under that premise, is the first time beenie see Honduras and i sure he had no scouting reports. In big tournaments, u go out looking not to lose the first game first, and then go for the win as you see how the game progressing. The man come out and say that he was using a more long ball game because men didn't have match fitness (the fwrds knocking the ball back for the midfilders, directly from the defence)

3) Granted, the team didn't get the fluency with the change of tactics and could not get the rhythm going...yet we still get a draw and could have won with Samuel's bullet. Plus I feel some complaceny kiked in with Birchall's goal.Champions play bad and still get points...which is what we did.

4) The bench is just as strong as the starting team as Sancho, Spann, Atiba, Anton, Kenwyne Jones, Samuel and definitely Cornell and Shaka can all start and the team wiill not be any weaker...and could possibly be stronger.

Tha's a lot of positives...Colombia good for some licks cause they have no respect for the region and Panama still licking their wounds from the last game. Beenie is a big coach, a side like panama he already have them figured out whereas Panama still like how we were a couple months ago: no real scouting and preparatiion per game, just go out an play because "we have an idea of what to expect from facing them before" -third world(footballing wise) mentality
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2005, 08:17:10 AM »
Spidey,
You made some points which I could accept. However  do you not think that in  this modern era of sports,  that our coaches would  not  have adequate 'scouting' on the opposition? Did  Hondours notd  just complete a friendly aganist Jamacia and Canada?

I am sure our  scouting department had access to game tapes; I am sure we have men who could dissect tapes and analyze game plans.

Excuses done; we have to play  more consistently better football with the team we have at this time.
If we are putting forth our best team, our best team players must rise to the occassion.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2005, 08:24:39 AM »
Agreed regarding the scouting but the impression I got was that the scouting focus was on our world cup opposition and knwoing Trinidad (esp. regarding funds), they probably looked at one game for the most. And one game is never enough to judge a team. For example, I doubt Colombia has an idea of what to expect when we play them based on the Honduras game, except that they might try to shut down Birchall(which won't help them because he is not supposed to be our creative outlet, especially if Edwards is back) and that we have 2  big strong defenders...plus don't let Samuel shoot.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2005, 12:23:50 PM »

1]; } ?>