June 15, 2024, 02:58:16 PM

Author Topic: 2nd Test Pak vs Windies  (Read 9233 times)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd Test Pak vs Windies
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »
geez an ages i wish i cudda be there to see dat days play live! dat is a real beatin he put on dem
Back in Trini...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 05:02:25 PM »

Pakistan players applaud Brian Lara reaching his century, Pakistan v West Indies, 2nd Test, Multan, November 21, 2006
© AFP
http://content-wi.cricinfo.com/pakvwi/content/image/269160.html
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 05:11:30 PM »
0 to 100 before lunch ... for the first time in 30 years and only the second occasion in almost 70 years - Don Bradman's 334 in 1930 ... Lara's tally ranks only behind Bradman's ...should he exit undefeated ...hmm? pure class.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2006, 08:31:09 PM »
0 to 100 before lunch ... for the first time in 30 years and only the second occasion in almost 70 years - Don Bradman's 334 in 1930 ... Lara's tally ranks only behind Bradman's ...should he exit undefeated ...hmm? pure class.

hes goin for the triple to surpass bradman for most triple centuries, ah class by himself above bradman :beermug:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2006, 08:50:01 PM »

hes goin for the triple to surpass bradman for most triple centuries, ah class by himself above bradman :beermug:
first of all i th think he going for  a300.
i think eh said as much.
he wants to win the game. we have a good chane..make some fast runs and real put an effort into bowling them down..or resticting them  and making de runs.
lara just plays for the team now..has been for a while. a triple centry wont add anythg to his legend.
same way not getting one wont take anythign away either

but he 4 short ah de 200..lhe getting at that least fingers crossed  ;D
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2006, 08:58:50 PM »
De innings resuming 11:30pm EST time right?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2006, 09:25:25 PM »
De innings resuming 11:30pm EST time right?

yes

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2006, 09:58:37 PM »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2006, 12:16:59 AM »
Typical sub-continent umpiring.  Yuh change the nationality of de umpires...different monkey...same khaki pants dey wearing.  Pak get 5 lbws, Windies 1.  Steups.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2006, 12:20:24 AM »
i was really hoping we wudda stretch de lead further....some early wickets wud be nice!
Back in Trini...

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2006, 10:31:32 AM »
End of Day 4 Pakistan are 213/2. I can't see us winning it from this point. The pitch has been too flat Inzamam is still to bat. It was a pretty decent effort on our part to put this much pressure on Pakistan to save the match though.

It's not over yet though and I believe that the guys will be going all out for the win. We'll see how they fare.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2006, 11:54:09 AM »
End of Day 4 Pakistan are 213/2. I can't see us winning it from this point. The pitch has been too flat Inzamam is still to bat. It was a pretty decent effort on our part to put this much pressure on Pakistan to save the match though.

It's not over yet though and I believe that the guys will be going all out for the win. We'll see how they fare.

i hope so, hopefully the secret weapon and mohammed will get some wickets to win the match... :beermug:

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2006, 09:23:10 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/6175420.stm

Yuh see wha ah say bout de umpiring.  Dat is why we cyah drop catch at all because is hard to get lbw over dey.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2006, 01:38:41 PM »

Yuh see wha ah say bout de umpiring. Dat is why we cyah drop catch at all because is hard to get lbw over dey.

ah want yuh opinion as to mohammed's bowling and field placments, you and wolfman, also remie? ???

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2006, 10:59:04 PM »

Stewps... now you are trying to argue that Lara is a Class above BRadman... you on f**kin crack awa?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

TrinInfinite

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2006, 11:44:59 PM »

Stewps... now you are trying to argue that Lara is a Class above BRadman... you on f**kin crack awa?

tell me how lara isnt above bradman? ??? by the way, bradman played when it was 6 day test matches, 7 balls in a over and 2 test series a year sometimes, compare that to the most studied batsman in the history or cricket, brian charles lara, in bradman's time, the opponent couldnt study how to get bradman out, they simply played it by ear....

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2006, 04:46:14 PM »

Yuh see wha ah say bout de umpiring. Dat is why we cyah drop catch at all because is hard to get lbw over dey.

ah want yuh opinion as to mohammed's bowling and field placments, you and wolfman, also remie? ???
No opinion on the matter. Didn't see enough of the match.

1]; } ?>