March 28, 2024, 01:11:27 PM

Author Topic: Diddy wants more dancehall  (Read 3280 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Diddy wants more dancehall
« on: November 19, 2006, 09:54:17 AM »
Diddy wants more dancehall
by Krista Henry, Staff Reporter

Bad Boy CEO Sean 'Diddy' Combs says he plans to sign more reggae/dancehall artistes to his Bad Boy Entertainment label, after seeing the potential of local star Elephant Man.

Diddy, in a statement sent to The STAR, says he wants to work with more danchall acts and seems confident that dancehall music has the potential to reach higher heights. "The dancehall audience is a worldwide audience," he said. "We love the music and we have to give the reggae artistes an avenue to express themselves through Bad Boy Entertainment."

energetic acts

The hip hop impressario who recently joined heads with one of dancehall's most energetic acts, Elephant Man, describes Ele as "one of the greatest entertainers in his genre of music." "When I saw him at Madison Square Garden ripping down the stage, I knew that he was the one. He will be a great addition to our team," Diddy Said.

Bad Boy Entertainment has begun to collaborate with VP Records to market and distribute Elephant Man's music across the globe. This will be the confirmation of a long time interest in dancehall and reggae music.

"Bad Boy has always been interested, since Dolly My Baby by Super Cat featuring myself and Biggie. Elephant Man happened to have the personality, energy, star power, and veteran stage presence that we love so much," Diddy said.

An overjoyed Elephant Man plans to release his new album in the spring of 2007. His album was to have been released in summer of 2006 but was delayed due to the deal with Bad Boy.

As a part of the Bad Boy family, Ele is currently working on a remix with Diddy for his upcoming album and he will accompany Diddy on tour for his new album Press Play.

Ele's first performance on the tour will be in Connecticut with Diddy and fellow rap artiste Ludacris. He has further cemented his position by doing a collaboration with Nicole Scherzinger of the Pussy Cat Dolls for the song Come Gimme. "Puffy requested the remix, him want me on it. Me and dem have that kind of relationship. He's even planning on calling an official press conference, but him doing his own promotions first," said Elephant Man.

Elephant Man maintains that he will continue doing the brand of dancehall music that has signified his style. He claims that Bad Boy signed him knowing he did dancehall music and that it has potential. He doesn't plan to change.

The 'Energy God' plans to take his music to another level by working hard to achieve his goal. "I expect a lot, him (Diddy) a one hard worker, his artistes haffi work hard too. Promotions count and him haffi do a lot of it, I'm a workaholic so it will work," Ele said.

Ele's positive attitude seems to have made a big impression on the hip hop mogul as Diddy stated "we will be signing more reggae artistes."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Diddy wants more dancehall
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 11:22:43 AM »
Diddy and them just desperate ,since biggie dead them gone tru but he still make money with ah few other artist.Now he can complete with yhem other hip hop producers lol ,so he changing direction  :rotfl:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 12:26:12 PM »
soca performers are much more energetic and command a better presence on stage, dancehall artists cant perform like the tt artists, however dancehall bussin big in the states mainly bc JA artists release more music than tt artists, tt artists have to start releasing more year round in order to break out we music...

Can hiphop artist perform like soca artist ? yuh think that would help eh ... you think people dont know about our music eh

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 10:24:22 AM »
rap going out of style in general as i see it
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 03:12:41 PM »
Inshallah...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 03:19:50 PM »
Diddy wants a kick in his ass :rotfl:

Why he ain't try to incorporate a little soca into the hip hop
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 03:57:32 PM by grskywalker »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 04:24:48 PM »
soca performers are much more energetic and command a better presence on stage, dancehall artists cant perform like the tt artists, however dancehall bussin big in the states mainly bc JA artists release more music than tt artists, tt artists have to start releasing more year round in order to break out we music...

TI, why yuh does fight down JA at every opportunity?  ::)

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 06:08:14 PM »
???

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 09:45:19 PM »

rap is more popular than ever...the locus of it is shifting however from new york to the southern US however.  in terms of dancehall artistes i am not too sure if diddy is the man to push the genre forward. on another note, let's see what bunji can do over at VP. i am eagerly awaiting his first album.

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 09:52:39 PM »

It's not more music we are releasing, it's better quality music. Why you think so much rappers spit over our beats. You really believe a Trini can create a billboard topping riddim like the Applause Riddim(Sean Paul's Temperature beat) by Jamaican Producer, Sno Cone. Or even the Steps Riddim by Delano. Keep yourself quiet yah man. Why you find it hard to give credit where credit is due.

Plus, I can assure you that there is not one soca artist as energetic as Elephant man aka Energy God. If u attend or watch a tape of any of his concerts you'll overstand. It's amazing he hasn't died at any of his performances as yet.

Just now Sean Paul win all AMA award in the Pop/Rock category. JAMAICA GONE A LEAD.

Thank God I and I is a Jamaican. Small, Poor country, Big impact.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 09:56:44 PM by Lionpaw »
Smoke and Fly

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 07:37:07 AM »
lionpaw

i never got into one of your arguements with ti but

you really think elephantman could outperform mr. montano ???

yuh talkin shit >:(
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 08:20:17 PM »
lionpaw

Nah bredda, serious ting. I go to a ele concert once and see the fool climb up on the steel tower and go on two huge speaker box and start dance. I was right up near the stage and see the boxes shakin so I use mi common sense and walk way to the middle of the crowd(wasn't ready to die). After that the man climb down back and then jump in a crowd a gyal. Di man nearly lose him chain and di gyal dem rip up him pants. Di bredda go back pon di stage and a dance up and a gwan mad again. Trust me don, I see Machel perform(on TV) and Ele(live and on TV) and ele more energetic fi sure. Try get a Ele performance on Vid and you will see.
Smoke and Fly

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 02:31:27 PM »
lionpaw

Nah bredda, serious ting. I go to a ele concert once and see the fool climb up on the steel tower and go on two huge speaker box and start dance. I was right up near the stage and see the boxes shakin so I use mi common sense and walk way to the middle of the crowd(wasn't ready to die). After that the man climb down back and then jump in a crowd a gyal. Di man nearly lose him chain and di gyal dem rip up him pants. Di bredda go back pon di stage and a dance up and a gwan mad again. Trust me don, I see Machel perform(on TV) and Ele(live and on TV) and ele more energetic fi sure. Try get a Ele performance on Vid and you will see.

never said ja didnt have quality music, but not as quality as our music when the artist home put in their work, the only artist that could class with rudder is luciano but even luc dont have the rhythm like a rudder. of course its about releasing music, ja use to year round all the time, our music seasonal for so many years, was even banned till 67 tuh playing on the radio after carnival, it take a while for we musicians to break out of we music being seasonal, once that comepletely gone, whch is happening, ja cant talk to us, our music is more rich than allyuh music, thank de lord and saviour im trini bc we are the bess in the caribbean...

maybe when that happens diddy will want more soca instead of dancehall  ;D

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 04:20:12 PM »
lionpaw

never said ja didnt have quality music, but not as quality as our music when the artist home put in their work, the only artist that could class with rudder is luciano but even luc dont have the rhythm like a rudder. of course its about releasing music, ja use to year round all the time, our music seasonal for so many years, was even banned till 67 tuh playing on the radio after carnival, it take a while for we musicians to break out of we music being seasonal, once that comepletely gone, whch is happening, ja cant talk to us, our music is more rich than allyuh music, thank de lord and saviour im trini bc we are the bess in the caribbean...

Ahahahahaha  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl: Thanks for dat joke post mi bredda u mek mi day.
Smoke and Fly

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 05:52:49 PM »
on another note, let's see what bunji can do over at VP. i am eagerly awaiting his first album.

Bunji will do as well as how much they market him.

If dem decide Bunji goin to be de nex big ting...nutting eh stoppin dat.

Yes...yuh have to have talent....but de vast majority of artistes have talent.

What does make dem MEGA is if dem talent so off de charts dat it eh have no stoppin dem or how much dem record companies push dem.

Sean Paul & Rihanna for example eh have no talent dat off de charts.  But dey record companies does market de hell outta dem.

Bunji talent eh off de charts eedah...as much as we would like he to be as a Trini.  If was pure talent alone, Machel woulda be likkin up de charts regular.

So I wish Bunji de best and hopefully VIP see he as a "nex big ting" and push he accordingly.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 07:24:26 PM »
lionpaw

Daiz because Machel is not a silly jackass :rotfl: ,But trust meh ele can't buss ah dance on ah woman like machel ,he cant touch machel .

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 09:32:27 PM »
my view on this is if yuh Tune good it good   it come down to the music  Sean Paul crossed over with gimmie the light urban  POWER FM stations began giving it heavy rotation   not only the west Indian community stations the same thing happened with Kevin rupee kmc  and the guy who sing nookie...

Wha all them song have in common they were not  jump up behind the truck and wave till ash Wednesday songs. Soca artist want  cross over success  they need to experiment make catchy beats  The type of music our artist put out  good for carnival or any type of festival  festive music...

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 09:26:04 PM »

It's not more music we are releasing, it's better quality music. Why you think so much rappers spit over our beats. You really believe a Trini can create a billboard topping riddim like the Applause Riddim(Sean Paul's Temperature beat) by Jamaican Producer, Sno Cone. Or even the Steps Riddim by Delano. Keep yourself quiet yah man. Why you find it hard to give credit where credit is due.

Plus, I can assure you that there is not one soca artist as energetic as Elephant man aka Energy God. If u attend or watch a tape of any of his concerts you'll overstand. It's amazing he hasn't died at any of his performances as yet.

Just now Sean Paul win all AMA award in the Pop/Rock category. JAMAICA GONE A LEAD.

Thank God I and I is a Jamaican. Small, Poor country, Big impact.

Lionpaw, yuh have some good points dey, cuz ah like meh soca and thing, but tuh be honest I is ah real, real reggae fan. I look at it all as music from the islands. Yeh, and ah must mention de bad man DJ, is meh DJ (Bounty Killa). Any way as it was mentioned before, Elephant man cannot perform wid more energy dan Machel Montano, trust meh rude boi, when ah tell yuh dat. Ah does go tuh nearly all de reggae concerts in downtown Miami, so I've seen dem all. This is not because I'm a Trini, but Machel in another world by himself, yuh have tuh see him, tuh understand wey ah dealing wid. Bless.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 09:28:19 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>