April 19, 2024, 06:25:27 PM

Author Topic: Red Day - The Re-Match  (Read 4488 times)

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Red Day - The Re-Match
« on: November 18, 2006, 03:42:38 PM »
Alright this might be late or there might be another thread like this but I have to kno:

WHO GOIN TO THE RE-MATCH TOMORROW!!??

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Red Day - The Re-Match
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 03:53:52 PM »
is this game being aired on FSC? im not seeing it on their schedule.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »
thats if Flow doesnt block it

TrinInfinite

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 04:18:53 PM »
i fine this match is a waste of time, we should have the youths or senior team playing another friendly instead, this is almost like living in the past, too much emphasis being placed on a meaningless game, juss my opinion...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 04:31:45 PM »
i fine this match is a waste of time, we should have the youths or senior team playing another friendly instead, this is almost like living in the past, too much emphasis being placed on a meaningless game, juss my opinion...

I don't even know why ANY of us that are interested in the progression of our football would even want to fart on this game.  ???  There is absolutly NOTHING about this game or the current state of it's history that is worth holding on to.  Maybe if we were playing good football and were regularly claiming one of the three top spots from CONCACAF fo the world cups then maaaaaaaaaaaaybe. otherwise, this game ain't worth a match programme.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 08:49:36 PM »
Only in TNT is the same price for a fete match and a national team friendly
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 09:22:53 PM »
i guess this game not gonna be seen in the states then....

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 10:08:43 PM »
i guess this game not gonna be seen in the states then....

Highly doubtful. To them, it does not mean a fraction of what it is 'supposed' to mean to us. FSC prob don't even know about it and I doh blame them.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 10:17:07 PM »
i know it might be meaningless to some of allyuh but since i in the states to me anything that start with "trinidad" and end with "football" and it coming on tv in the states.....i have to watch it. friendly or fete match i watching it.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 10:31:07 PM »
i know it might be meaningless to some of allyuh but since i in the states to me anything that start with "trinidad" and end with "football" and it coming on tv in the states.....i have to watch it. friendly or fete match i watching it.

Well if yuh look at the match from that perspective I doh blame you either.  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 06:38:36 AM »
I wondering if any of allyuh was at the actual game that year when we lost to the us?...I guess if you were you'd realise that it was something special and not something you'd soon forget...but then this game have no room for nostalgia right .... not when we could be playing another friendly that we didnt prepare for with 5 people in the stadium crowd....

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 06:51:56 AM »
I dead serious and mi nuh lie.. anytime I hear about football and novmber 19th I does feal to hold mi head and bawl.. I see no reason why De strike squad wont win this one.. I say maybe by 3 clear goals. I still see dat flicking goal goin into de net.. I still see de reff refuse to call a penalty when our player was taken down in de area.. up till this day I still see this flicking dunce who was Jumping up and laughing when Trinidad loose while all a we crying!!!!!!!!! November 19th is a serious day.. Dats one of my Reason why de strike squad will be de best love team of our Nation!!!!!!!!!!

war..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 10:02:31 AM »
ok I goin down

info please...

Covered $150

UnCovered $100

Children under 12 in red ..Free

das correct?   meh aunty want to know

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Strike Squad vs USA — De re-match
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 11:42:32 AM »
Strike Squad vs USA — De re-match
By: WALTER ALIBEY (T&T Newsday)

Sunday, November 19 2006

THERE is no place at the World Cup South Africa 2010 at stake, but the Trinidad and Tobago “Strike Squad” and Team USA will have something to prove to each other when they re-live their vital 1989 World Cup qualifying clash at the same venue, Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, from 5 pm today.

It was 17 years ago when the US with a Paul Caligiuri goal, a shot which flew past goalkeeper Michael Maurice which turned out to be the only goal of the match.

And the 1-0 victory earned Team USA a place in World Cup Italia ’90 and turned the infamous “Sea of Red” into a “River of Tears.”

President George Maxwell Richards, US Ambassador Roy Austin and Ashwin Creed, representing Sports Minister Roger Boynes, have been invited to present medals to the national 1966, 1973 and the “Strike Squad,” and a commemorative plaque to Team USA.

Captain Clayton Morris and his men have been keeping in trim, travelling throughout the twin-island republic playing a series of friendly matches.

Most of the players, some of whom have turned to coaching, will sport the red, white and black of the “Strike Squad” today.

Rugged rasta hair-styled defender Brian Williams is now coach of the national Under-20 squad, while Floyd “Ninja” Lawrence is at the helm of Alutrint La Brea All Stars, while the energetic Marvin Faustin is coach of his own academy but seem capable to securing a place on the present Soca Warriors team.

United States striker Paul Caligiuri touched down on local soil on Thursday night and had a motivational session with students of St Joseph’s Convent, Port-of-Spain, the next day at noon.

But although admitting that he would have liked to have most of his teammates back for the match, he said it is difficult to keep all the players together. After a practice session at the stadium yesterday, he told Newsday it is a unique situation to come back to face the “Strike Squad” 17 years later.

He describes it as more of a reunion for his players who carry the memories of that encounter at the same venue.

Caligiuri stressed however, that the bigger picture is the people of Trinidad and Tobago who will be made happy from this match.

Caligiuri will have with him goalkeeper Tony Meola who explains that he remembers the big screen and the “Sea of Red” shirts while between the uprights for Team USA.

Other members of the US team who are here, John Stollmeyer, Eric Eichman, Mike Windischman, Phillip Gyan, Steve Tittschuh, Yari Allnut, Paul Crumpe, Robin Fraser and Chris Henderson.

A number of players were also expected to fly in last night for the match.

The match will follow an exhibition schoolgirl match between St Joseph’s Convent and Providence from 3 pm.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 11:53:57 AM by e-man »

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2006, 02:12:14 PM »
I hope today is not a sunny day... :rotfl:
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 02:16:06 PM »
It have any audio for it  ???

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 02:35:58 PM »
It have any audio for it  ???

a live stream would be nice...

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 03:31:55 PM »
check it here www.i955fm.com

1]; } ?>