April 27, 2024, 08:12:17 PM

Author Topic: T&TFF threaten to go local for 2010.  (Read 12140 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: T&TFF threaten to go local for 2010.
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2006, 09:45:31 PM »
goin with an ALL LOCAL team is thinking like this poor fella below
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

TrinInfinite

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2006, 11:54:10 AM »
TI

How is it that saying a local squad not cuttin it is blue crab syndrome?

Relative to Costa Rica, Usa, Mexico, Honduras, Panama, Canada, Jamaica etc or the better Concacaf teams a all local squad will be lucky to win a game.

We have tried this in Copa Caribe and failed miserably. In fact I ent sure we ready for this Digi Cel cup come January.

If you saw the St Vincent and Panama games you maybe could understand the difference between local and foreign based.

Do not compare it by looking at PFL only.

Why is it our PFL teams get whet from MLS sides...........all except Jabloteh in the first leg affair vs the fire.( how much did they conceded in the return?)

TI a PFL XI is not the best we have to offer and even our best XI Still cyar beat the USA.

Ti you is a hopeful optimist....but I cyar side with yuh on this issue.

We go agree to disagree.

if ah team doesn't practise together or play together for an extended period of time, how would you expect them to beat teams like mexico and the US, but if they play together and their is natural skill and talent, with a coach like Wim for example, we can do well. We havent had an in't coach, coach our locals for an extended period of time, if Wim starts to believe in our locals, they will do well, i dont expect miracles breds, i expect them to get a fair chance, no one is even giving them that, they have become a write off from the beginning, look at the bullshit people are writing on this thread, no confidence in our locals, the same locals yorke and edwards and stern came from at one point in their footballing career.

I cant disregard them bc ive seen alot of these players play and know a few of them to the least, they have talent and with the right training and experience and a coach who will believe in them, they will go far if it comes to that, bc ttff wouldnt care if they boycott the foreign based, so there is a possibility of this happening, but what would be even greater is to see us qualify with an all local team when no one believed, that will show how much talent we do have, bc i for a fact know it and have seen it...

God is de BOSS....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2006, 12:21:57 PM »
[ if Wim starts to believe in our locals, they will do well, i dont expect miracles breds, i expect them to get a fair chance, ,

If he did not believed in them he would not have picked them ENT  8)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline spiritedfan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2006, 06:16:39 PM »
Wus de scene ah kind of new to dis forum but not new to football. Anyhow the time to start qualifing fo 2010 almost reach. Everybody see what austria do to a semi-local team so imagine if it was fully local come on man ttff stop treating football like a childish game and start to treat it like professional sport. lawd ah fed up

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2006, 08:04:47 PM »
They need to let Jack walk.  Plain and simple.  He ain't want no scrutiny of the books, cause it will open ah can of worms.  Jack need to hold ah corner.  TTFF refuse to try and operate like a business unit, so they listening to Jack and he threats and getting frighten.  No disrespect, but we have some ways to go before we could even ponder going totally local. 

1]; } ?>