April 28, 2024, 06:10:40 PM

Author Topic: Arsenal vs Bolton  (Read 2368 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Arsenal vs Bolton
« on: November 25, 2006, 01:28:14 PM »
Bolton won 3-1,beautiful goal by Anelka,he scored twice

Anelka shoots down Gunners
By Lewis Rutledge -  Created on 25 Nov 2006
BOLTON SEASON REVIEW DVD
Pre-order with Sky Sports DVD Shop, saving £3, and relive the historic season that saw Bolton qualify for the Uefa Cup.

Related links
Team Pages:
Bolton Wanderers
Arsenal
Player Pages:
Gilberto
Abdoulaye Diagne-Faye
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka scored twice as Bolton moved up to third in The Premiership with a 3-1 victory over Arsenal.

The Gunners dominated large chunks of the second half and hit the woodwork three times, but Bolton were the stronger team in the opening 45 minutes and were ultimately indebted to the class of Anelka.

Bolton have become something of a bogey team for Arsenal in recent seasons, with their physical approach making them one of Arsene Wenger's least favourite opponents.

In the cauldron of The Reebok Stadium it was perhaps therefore surprising to see Theo Walcott drafted in to replace Thierry Henry, but the teenager was quickly into the action and created a glorious chance for Emmanuel Adebayor in just the third minute with a good run and cross.

The Togo international fired straight at Jussi Jaaskelainen though, and The Gunners were made to rue the missed opportunity as Bolton took the lead after nine minutes.

The simplicity of the goal served to highlight Arsenal's fallibility at set pieces, as Abdoulaye Faye crept into the near post to head home El Hadji Diouf's corner.

Arsenal's players were visibly rattled as Bolton continued to outmuscle them in midfield, and complained to the referee on numerous occasions as the challenges flew in.

For the most part Arsenal were just second best and had no right to protest, but they were entitled to feel angry when Kevin Davies escaped with a yellow card for shoving Emmanuel Eboue to the floor after the right back had confronted him about a foul.

Bolton continued to unsettle Arsenal as the game descended into an ugly battle for much of the first half, but they paid the price for their own aggression as both Nicky Hunt and Quinton Fortune sustained injuries.

There was little sign of where the next goal would come from, until Anelka stunned his former club with his first Premiership goal for Bolton in first half injury time.

The goal was almost worth the three-month wait for Totters fans, as he stepped inside from the left after being picked out by a long crossfield pass from Davies, and then unleashed an unstoppable, swerving shot past Jens Lehmann and into top right corner.

However, Bolton switched off at the back moments later and saw their lead cut to one before the half time whistle could go, as Gilberto rose unchallenged in the box to head in Cesc Fabregas' corner.

Freddie Ljungberg then tested Jaaskelainen with a shot from close range, while Fabregas forced another good save out of the Bolton keeper as Arsenal looked to maintain their momentum at the start of the second half.

For the first time in the match the Londoners found their passing rhythm, and Bolton were pegged back virtually inside their own area.

Walcott skipped down the right wing and crossed cleverly to Freddie Ljungberg, but the Swede was denied by the woodwork as his header ricocheted off the crossbar to safety.

Bolton clung on admirably and restricted Arsenal's chances, while Ivan Campo even managed to break forward far enough to see a penalty appeal waved away as he went down under pressure from Gael Clichy.

Campo looked less assured in his defensive duties, and Adebayor bamboozled him with a clever turn before poking a tame shot straight at Jaaskelainen.

Against the run of play Bolton almost made it 3-1, but Lehmann kept his side in the game with a superb double save. The German leapt to his left to parry after a long free kick was inadvertently flicked on by Eboue, and then pushed the ball onto the bar as Anelka seized on the rebound.

There was nothing Lehmann could do to deny Anelka after 76 minutes though, as the striker was released by a through ball from Campo and slotted his shot into the bottom left corner with aplomb.

Arsenal kept pressing in the final 15 minutes and both Adebayor and Fabregas rattled the post with ferocious drives from the edge of the area, but there was a sense of deflation in the air for The Gunners as the final whistle blew.

Wenger's side now have only the faintest of chances of winning The Premiership, but Bolton may now march on with realistic dreams of qualifying for the UEFA Champions League this season.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=431221&CPID=8&clid=30&lid=2&title=Anelka+shoots+down+Gunners
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 01:30:35 PM by trini airman »

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal vs Bolton
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 01:54:20 PM »
i was listening to this game on the radio and at the end the commentator said something like "Arsenal have dropped 3 valuable points in their title bid"

and i thought "yeah? so did Fulham"  :rotfl:
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 03:14:29 PM »
I swear! Arsenal trying to send fans mad. I can just see me now....

Hi, my name is Redtrinigirl...and I'm an Arsenal fan.

:frustrated: :praying: :banginghead: :nailbiting:

Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 03:24:39 PM »
Arse Anal and Wanker get real cut arse today
Very sorry for you Wanker........................NOT ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 03:48:37 PM »

Hi, my name is Dumbtrinigirl...and I'm an Arsenal fan.....  i need to support a better team.. Exampole Man Utd..   now we are 12 points behind Utd and thats it....another trophyless year....

small magician was so right about Arsenal being shit..

i should really listen to him

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sorry babe  just had to do it

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 03:52:58 PM »
The great thing now, is that nobody (even Arsenal fans) doe be shocked anymore when Arsenal lose.
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:06:25 PM »

Hi, my name is Dumbtrinigirl...and I'm an Arsenal fan.....  i need to support a better team.. Exampole Man Utd..   now we are 12 points behind Utd and thats it....another trophyless year....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

A true fan is there in the good times and bad. Say wha....at least de CL campaign still on. But yuh know what ah always telling yuh, it eh over till de final game of de season.

And if not, I can see the future team already, with all dem youngsters. I have hope. Wasn't too long ago that all we T&T fans had was hope. Ah's a T&T fan, ah accustom to stress  ;D
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 05:58:56 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

A true fan is there in the good times and bad. Say wha....at least de CL campaign still on. But yuh know what ah always telling yuh, it eh over till de final game of de season.

And if not, I can see the future team already, with all dem youngsters. I have hope. Wasn't too long ago that all we T&T fans had was hope. Ah's a T&T fan, ah accustom to stress  ;D

Ah glad to hear that you are accustom to stress, darlin, because Porto going and put that CL campaign to rest!   :devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 12:45:28 PM »
I would like to see Anelka in de French squad fuh Euro

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 02:17:13 PM »
The great thing now, is that nobody (even Arsenal fans) doe be shocked anymore when Arsenal lose.

Arsenal have the same amount of losses as Chelsea.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 05:56:28 PM »
All Arsenal fans know Bolton is our Bogey team.

Allardyce have the tactics to handle us.

Without Henry we was always in trouble.

Anelka score some good goal. Cyar hate on that, it was a good game of football and Arsenal lost....so it go.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 08:20:38 PM »
Anybody happen to see dat drrrrrrrrrrag dat Adebayor res' on Campo? Dat woulda be nice if he went on to score dat!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2006, 08:42:10 PM »
GEEZAN ah real hurting here... real heart ache this season... come on lads :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 11:13:15 PM »

I am very impressed with Adebayore’s tenacity and ``sleek’’ style of play.
If Gallas was in the lineup the scoreline would have been different.

1]; } ?>