April 23, 2024, 04:43:58 PM

Author Topic: Coaching staff off to South Carolina for scouting camp.  (Read 19425 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Coaching staff off to South Carolina for scouting camp.
« on: November 20, 2006, 04:20:05 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Former National Senior Team players Leslie “Tiger” Fitzpatrick and Marlon Rojas are among thirty- six players who will have a chance to impress national coach Wim Rijsbergen in a four-day training camp in South Carolina starting on Wednesday.
Both players who were members of the national team in the qualifying phase of the “Soca Warriors” journey to Germany campaign, were selected from a database and list of players who expressed interest in attending the camp which will be overseen by Rijsbergen and assistant coach Anton Corneal. The other assistant Jan Van Deinsen will remain in Trinidad to assist Brian Williams with getting the National Under 20 team ready for the CFU playoff with Jamaica in December 2 and 6.
The purpose of the scout camp which will include at least one training game, is to allow the coaches the chance to observe and subsequently select players for the Under 17, Under 20, Under 23 and Senior teams for future outings.
Among some of the names who will be attending the camp are former National Under 17 striker Kyle McIvor, Simba Aberdeen, Kevin Norman, Kevin Crooks, Keeron Benito, Jason Devenish who was with the Under 20s last year, Ancil Farrier, Randi Patterson and US-born striker Kyle Bethel who has previously been invited by the US Soccer Federation.
Two others, midfielder Osei Telesford and Darryl Roberts who have trained with the senior team in the past were also invited. Roberts was in the T&T squad for the first 2006 qualifier against Dominican Republic back in 2004.
Also invited were Kevon Neaves who made a second half appearance in T&T’s 2-0 win over Iceland in February and defender Anthony Noreiga. The latter is in Trinidad and will not attend while Neaves is also unable to show. Defender Julius James is also unavailable.
Rijsbergen, while commenting after the recent 4-1 loss to Austria tied in his intentions going into the camp.
“This is a sign to the people that a lot of work has to be done and it’s a signal to the players that the game ask a little bit more than some fancy work and then relaxing on the pitch,” Rijsbergen told TTFF Media. “There’s no time for that. The young player has to understand you have to work a little more and more physical preparation is needed to reach up to the international level. It’s the only way we can make the necessary steps forward.
“The Digicel Cup in January will be with the local guys and then we look to the US for some College players. We will look for the best ones – those  with ambition and attitude to become a better player. The same goes for the Pro League and hopefully this can all lead to becoming part of our mix for the future,” the Dutchman added.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 08:24:31 PM by Flex »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching staff off to South Carolina for scouting camp
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 05:13:25 PM »
Need info on the precise location of the camp.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 05:16:14 PM »
I have heard that these other fellas got invited:
Kareem Smith (currently on trial in Norway), Abiola Clarence, Clevon George, Abiola Sandy, Yohance Marshall , Akil DeFreitas
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 06:10:16 PM »
No Julius james? That's disappointing. Until I see a revolutionary change in the calibre of last stopper prospects then we eh going nowhere. James looked like he has a special composure that we seem to lack in T&T. Our defensive bench is EXTREMELY thin to the point that if Sancho say he is injured we are just hopeless in the back. Our need for very talented defensive recruits  is urgent. Forget the atack and midfield. Its our defense that is screwing up all our tactical plans and formations and making the rest of the team look bad as nobody can go forward properly. Carlos hanging out in the back because he has no choice but to help out. Whitley cyah surge forward for the same reason. Is a vicious cycle
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 06:21:21 PM »
No Julius james? That's disappointing. Until I see a revolutionary change in the calibre of last stopper prospects then we eh going nowhere. James looked like he has a special composure that we seem to lack in T&T. Our defensive bench is EXTREMELY thin to the point that if Sancho say he is injured we are just hopeless in the back. Our need for very talented defensive recruits  is urgent. Forget the atack and midfield. Its our defense that is screwing up all our tactical plans and formations and making the rest of the team look bad as nobody can go forward properly. Carlos hanging out in the back because he has no choice but to help out. Whitley cyah surge forward for the same reason. Is a vicious cycle

To be honest the last time I saw Julius James, was about 2 years ago when he failed to make the Under-20 team. he was playing at right-back and did NOT impress. SINCE then, he has been getting some good reviews playing in his natural CENTRAL defensive role. Personally a man being over-looked is Makan Hislop, the Under-23 captain, who to me, is by far and away our BEST prospect to groom for the future. TALLMAN, any idea if Hislop is on the South Carolina list of invitees????

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 06:37:51 PM »
Is there plans for a camp in england?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 09:30:58 PM »

for real, if it is here in columbia maybe i can stop by and report what i see for the forumites who are interested.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 12:17:58 AM »
I think that James isn't there b/c U Conn is still playing in the NCAA tournament.
TnT Patriot

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching staff off to South Carolina for scouting camp.
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 12:20:01 AM »

Rijsbergen, while commenting after the recent 4-1 loss to Austria tied in his intentions going into the camp.
“This is a sign to the people that a lot of work has to be done and it’s a signal to the players that the game ask a little bit more than some fancy work and then relaxing on the pitch,” Rijsbergen told TTFF Media. “There’s no time for that. The young player has to understand you have to work a little more and more physical preparation is needed to reach up to the international level. It’s the only way we can make the necessary steps forward
Whoever said this man doesn't know what he is talking about.

This is our problem in a nutshell.
TnT Patriot

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 04:09:52 AM »

for real, if it is here in columbia maybe i can stop by and report what i see for the forumites who are interested.

Tha camp is in Charlotte

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 06:21:57 AM »

“This is a sign to the people that a lot of work has to be done and it’s a signal to the players that the game ask a little bit more than some fancy work and then relaxing on the pitch,” Rijsbergen told TTFF Media. “There’s no time for that. The young player has to understand you have to work a little more and more physical preparation is needed to reach up to the international level. It’s the only way we can make the necessary steps forward

So you and Wim know this what does he  plan to do about it ? Telling if a man is hungry without offering food does him no good does it. It never ceases to amaze me how childlike we are in terms of what we should be expecting from our so called experts.... but give a child a sweet and he is happy ! ...
So Wim knows what he is doing because he was there when we performed less than expected ...should I again ask what he plans to do about it ? should i JUST BE HAPPY THAT HE KNOWS IT ? or is adressing the matter not in his portfolio ?
dont you get the political appropach here ?...blaming the past government makes you no better if after time you cant solve the problems everone sees ...... time is running out for this man to prove he can do the job ..as far as I am concerned.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 07:30:48 AM »
No Julius james? That's disappointing.

Come on dreamer, the article says: Neaves is unable to show. And defender Julius James is also unavailable. They were both invited...
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 07:38:42 AM »
Flex, the quote meant that I was disappointed that J James was not going to be there, not that I thought there was a conspiracy to leave him out
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2006, 07:42:47 AM »
I surprised this thread get so much responses without the mention of a certain name  ::)
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 07:52:37 AM »
Flex, the quote meant that I was disappointed that J James was not going to be there, not that I thought there was a conspiracy to leave him out

:) ...8)
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 07:55:46 AM »
Flex how come the ttff dont try to set up a camp in england ? is that to hard i though rommine mauge was the scout in england
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 07:58:26 AM »
TALLMAN, any idea if Hislop is on the South Carolina list of invitees????

I didn't get a full list, so I'm not sure if he was invited. I would be surprised if he was left out. Ah waiting to see if any of the following got called:
Robbie Findley, Sherman Gardner, Stefan St. Louis , Fabien Lewis, Devin Sheppard, Makesi Bostic, Edson Elcock, Lyndell Pompey, Brandon Gilkes, Ian McAuley, Dean Logan
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 01:00:18 PM »

Tha camp is in Charlotte
Mr. Chin...doh chain men up in dis forum eh...Charlotte is in North Carolina ...I believe the heading reads "South Carolina"...
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 01:19:24 PM »

Tha camp is in Charlotte
Mr. Chin...doh chain men up in dis forum eh...Charlotte is in North Carolina ...I believe the heading reads "South Carolina"...

Accordin to de article:
Rijsbergen and Dutch assistant coach Jan Van Deinsen and Anton Corneal have ensured that their work involves helping the Under 20s get ready for their continuing qualifying bid and the same goes with the Under 17s. All three men will also visit Charleston, South Carolina for a scouting camp which runs from November 22-26.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 01:27:55 PM by Tallman »

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 03:26:35 PM »
i have on queston how com all the same palyer always getting call over and over again? That thing is crazy there are plenty other player taht are successful in the US especially in college soccer and cannot even get an e-mail from the TTFA.  ???
All American

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 03:59:01 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have on queston how com all the same palyer always getting call over and over again? That thing is crazy there are plenty other player taht are successful in the US especially in college soccer and cannot even get an e-mail from the TTFA. 

College soccer is not the end all and be all. This ain't the US Army (respect TT :D) ... consider visbility, difficulty in evaluating from a distance etc, opposition or level of college play ....

Anton would have some insights into this but Wim probably is clueless and bearing the standard Euro bias.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 04:01:14 PM »
in that case black chinee.  It IS in COLUMBIA so no excuses we want pictures nad full details!!!!  :beermug:

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »
How the hell is Makan not invited? He is the former national under 20 captain and a tower of strength in the defence. In fact, he actually resides in carolina now.

Tell me why Dean Logan was not invited to the camp? The youth is one of few who have been invited to play with the national senior team in the pass (sugar bowl in St Kitts under coach Rene Simone).

Tell me why Teba McKnight, the most prolific goal scorer in his time in the SSFL, one of the most prolific goal scorer while at George Mason in the CAA conference and then had a decent debut with Charleston Battery in the A-League not invited?

Tell me why Elcock was not invited? A player that has strong desire to represent Trinidad and Tobago. A GOAL SCORER (averages 10 plus goals a season), a player who plays in one of the strongest division 1 league in NCAA and a player that will most likely get drafted into the MLS. No, we do not need him?

But the genius selection committee spearheaded by yours truely Anton Cu#tneal invited......

Tell me why they want to take a look at unattached players such as Lessie and Rojas (with all due respect)? Aging players, realistically not around for 2010.

Anthony Noreiga, a player who currently play in the super league with Club Sando. A player that went to the Whitecaps in the A-league and probably saw the action in about 5 games totally recording 10-15 minutes each game.

Yohance Marshall, a player that saw most of his action on the bench for his COLLEGE team this season  :o

Abiola Sandy, a striker that averages less than 4 goals per season over the pass 2 years while playing for Bowling Green University  ::)

And many other goats!! to the camp for Wim to take a look at. But I know there intentions, the want the medicore players to shine among the goats!! If the good players were there, THERE PLAYERS would have been outplayed and overlooked. They don't want that.

In addition, I will like to get a breakdown of North, South, East and Tobago players that were invited to the camp. I am also sure!!!!! that is a whole heap of players from the northern part of the country. Tallman, you have the list yet?

Anyways....i guess Anton and followers really know what they about.

They only picking players that THEY want on the national team, not players that have the credentials, statistics and desire to represent the country. Just note Anton, name one coach/coaching staff/technical director that last for more than 5 years under the TTFF over the pass 10 years or so? With that said and done, enjoy it while it last.

Kingman
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 06:37:56 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2006, 06:29:43 PM »
Findley is good dont know if he got invited but kingman
Randi patterson is good and they invited him?

oK so kingman i guess anton is trying to set up whim by showing him shitty players

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 06:30:27 PM »
kingman, I know we always in danger of always over criticizing , but I cyah see how hard it would be to have an open camp, and spend one day - full day -  just cutting down to the size you want  (maybe 21 players).
if black chinee could take tallman list and check off who there that go be great...or even get a copy and write down the names of who there.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 06:36:40 PM »
Findley is good dont know if he got invited but kingman
Randi patterson is good and they invited him?

oK so kingman i guess anton is trying to set up whim by showing him shitty players

Randi Patterson is a good striker. He got invited (at least I hope so). I would not go out right and say that Anton setting up Wim by showing him shitty players, but I would say that that has comprise of some of Anton favors (players who were in his coaching camps from youth) and therefore he would like to see them on the national team as appose to others.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2006, 06:43:31 PM »
What about teba mcknight?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2006, 06:53:43 PM »
Under 17, Under 20, Under 23  SO I guess we may be seeing a few new faces in the under 17 and under 20..

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2006, 10:25:21 PM »

So you and Wim know this what does he  plan to do about it ? Telling if a man is hungry without offering food does him no good does it. It never ceases to amaze me how childlike we are in terms of what we should be expecting from our so called experts.... but give a child a sweet and he is happy ! ...
So Wim knows what he is doing because he was there when we performed less than expected ...should I again ask what he plans to do about it ? should i JUST BE HAPPY THAT HE KNOWS IT ? or is adressing the matter not in his portfolio ?
dont you get the political appropach here ?...blaming the past government makes you no better if after time you cant solve the problems everone sees ...... time is running out for this man to prove he can do the job ..as far as I am concerned.

I think u jumping the gun a bit here. Wim been in charge for 4 games, 4 friendlies for that matter, of which we won 2 and lost 2. In the two losses, we were missing a lot of key players. It way too early to come out and put him on the firing block already.

Based on these friendlies the man just made a diagnosis on what needs to be done for our football to improve, a diagnosis that definitely rings true. Yes, yuh right that just being able to spot the problem doh mean anything, but before yuh criticize the man, at least give him a chance to TRY to fix it. Yuh ready to fire the man already and he hasn't even gotten the chance to prove himself in a competitive venue like the Digicel Cup or the Gold Cup. Have a little patience, if after those tournaments we see no improvement, then maybe we could talk about going in another direction, but at least give the man a chance to show his true colours  :beermug:

I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2006, 11:16:07 PM »

Tha camp is in Charlotte

:devil: :devil: :devil: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ;D

1]; } ?>