March 28, 2024, 10:45:38 AM

Author Topic: 2010 Rumor  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
2010 Rumor
« on: October 15, 2006, 05:57:52 PM »
I just heard that Bill Gates has thrown in his support for South Africa, to aid in the finance of WC 2010.
Now I eh have no article etc. but I got it from some insiders in the Big House
Anyone else heard of this?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Rumor
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 09:22:07 PM »
you sure is not the outhouse you heard that from?? :rotfl:

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 10:31:34 PM »
Can't confirm it but I have friends at MS and it seem Bill Gates has an interest in developing Africa. He has invested in other projects in Africa. Imagine that.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 01:57:13 AM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 07:06:13 AM »
nothing on the foundation website
http://www.gatesfoundation.org/GlobalHealth/Pri_Diseases/HIVAIDS/Grants/default.htm?showYear=2006

It could be something as simple as covering all the cost for the communications in the Stadia and head office. That alone is millions.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 08:12:50 AM »
I just heard that Bill Gates has thrown in his support for South Africa, to aid in the finance of WC 2010.
The Big House?? how men in jail know bout dem ting dred...lol

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 07:18:15 PM »
The Big House?? how men in jail know bout dem ting dred...lol

The intranet boss the intranet!!!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Marky NYC

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 10:46:47 AM »
Source: http://sportsbybrooks.com/pele-pontificates-on-south-africas-pathetic-2010-world-cup-prep-11248.php

WAS MARADONA UNAVAILABLE? The TORONTO GLOBE & MAIL has the hilarious news that major event logistical expert Pele was in South Africa last month "trying to determine if the [2010 World Cup] will go ahead as scheduled, or will have to be moved."

Pele: "(Nelson Mandela) is very sick ... If Mandela dies, it would be difficult to control there.

"(South Africa) is supposed to have already started the construction on the new stadiums. Until now, they didn’t start. Bill Gates, Bono, FIFA, we have a meeting to see how to help. They can help a lot to prepare the infrastructure. ... They are going to be okay. But they are already behind."

There's no way the World Cup will be moved, despite what you might hear about the Cup coming to the U.S. in 2010.

There are plenty of African-Americans and others who will make it happen - with money and resources - if the South Africans drop the ball (which they probably will).

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 05:34:56 PM »
I waiting to see which African Americans going to make this happen.  :rotfl:

I swear this is FIFA and the Olympic committee's way of getting publicity. Every world cup and olympics it is the same thing.....there is always some fear of the stadiums not being ready, the transport system not being good enough, something being behind schedule....now Mandela dying. ::)

They act like they don't go through everythign with a fine tooth comb before even choosing the host country.

1]; } ?>