March 28, 2024, 03:18:10 AM

Author Topic: Exclusive Interview with Canada's head coach Stephen Hart.  (Read 23453 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Exclusive Interview with Canada's head coach Stephen Hart.
« on: November 21, 2006, 02:06:55 PM »
Exclusive Interview with Canada's head coach Stephen Hart.
Interview Conducted By: Inshan "Flex" Mohammed.
[/size]

1. Since you were named interim head coach of the Canadian senior national men's team, your record shows you had 1 win (Jamaica) & 2 losses (Jamaica & Hungary). Do you feel your chances are good to keep your current position on a permanent basis?
SH: The Interim position is difficult but the players performed well and were unfortunate not to get better results out of the last two games. As for me I am not sure I am interested in the position on a full time basis. Who ever gets the job will need time to build on his ideas and player selection. Most of all he will require patience from the football public, Canada is in a rebuilding stage.

2. In 1980 you were selected to the Trinidad and Tobago national football team. How come you never became a regular on the squad?
SH: I was having a good season in the league and got selected just before the second Haiti game in the qualifications for WC 82. I was 20 at the time, so it was a gamble by the coaching staff. Unfortunately I had already made a commitment to attend University abroad. At that time the National Team also was in transition and the staff decided to build on a local squad. I did return home and played in the Premier, but as you know most players who played in that League got banned from the National Team.

3. How was football in your time growing up in T&T compared to the times we have now? What is lacking from our football in general?
SH: Football back then along with Cricket were the only sports. Local club football still had a huge following and there was also a huge North / South rivalry, that fired the appetite. Now I think there are too many Leagues. T&T Football needs one top League and a Second division with promotion and relegation. Football must find a way for the better players to compete against each other week in week out.

4. Obviously, you are the most successful T&T born coach we have today. A person like you we could surely utilize to our advantage because of the experience and knowledge you bring to the table. Tell me, if given the chance to coach T&T in any capacity (youth, senior, women) will you accept the job? Explain.
SH: Coaching is how I feed my family and I will obviously listen to any proposal that is to my benefit.

5. Do you feel you get respected from the T&T federation whenever you visit T&T? As I understand you came to T&T with the Canadian under 15 team and won the U-15 Cup 2 years ago and you were not even acknowledged by the federation. Why would they treat you like this?   Did you have past run-ins with the federation?  Please explain.
SH: hahaha, I am not a person that promotes myself, I think most people involved did not even know I was from T&T.

6. While you were the coach of the Canadian under 17 team you once called T&T youth and QRC player Jason Devenish to play for your team. He played once and was cut. What are your thoughts on him?
SH: Not accurate! Jason was called by another Canadian Youth Team coach. I have never met or even seen Jason Devenish play.

7. You came to T&T twice with your Canadian youth teams. You saw T&T play among other countries of course. How do you feel T&T will cope for the future? Did you spot any outstanding talents etc?
SH: Youth Team football is marked by inconsistency as players develop at different rates. Today’s talented player is seldom a future star at the younger ages. Yes I saw many players with potential, but most of CONCACAF Youth programs suffer from similar problems, as the youth players are not training consistently at their highest level. My times spent in Mexico observing their programs confirms this. They have hundreds of players in our age group training daily, we have less that 40. This is also true for USA who have a youth coaches dream in terms of their organization.

8. If you manage to stay on as Canadian head coach will you accept a friendly or two with the T&T national team?
SH: Yes it is important to play many games in CONCACAF.

9. What’s your thoughts on T&T performance at the 2006 World Cup? Give us your full view.
SH: Very organized and with a well thought out game plan. It took the coach many months to put it in place and even in the exhibition games he still looked uncertain as to his approach. The opening game was important and though at times fortunate, he got the result that gave the players confidence. Shaka was simply a wall in that game.
Game two versus England was another well thought out game plan. Trinidad actually had the best chance just on the half and it seemed England were running out of patience (which seemed to be the aim), but Crouch saved the day.
The Paraguay game plan went out the window with the own goal, and then losing Glenn. T&T style in the first two games used a lot of energy mentally and physically, so this game was always going to be difficult.

10. Do you feel Wim Rijsbergen can repeat T&T 2006 World Cup success in 2010? What do you feel should or can be done to help make this a reality?
SH: Not for me to say, but T&T will have to rebuild and with no recognized leaders this will take time.

11. Do you agree with Anton Corneal wanting to limit our SSFL players in the league in order to help the national youth teams prepare for the youth championship cups?
SH: Why not? Ask yourself what is the priority and what are the potential gains.

12. There is a rumor floating around that you were offered a position with new MLS side Toronto FC. Any truth in this?
SH: Maybe they lost my phone number.

13. Canada is always a force at women and youth level, but at senior men’s level most of the times fail. Why do you think this happens?
SH: After WCQ 1986 Canada suffered from the collapse of the NASL. Canada also failed to develop its professional domestic game, so the player pool declined. To date many talented players drop out of the game because they simply have no where to play and the reality of making a living leads them down another path.

14. As Canada's head coach. Do you get the support to carry out your job the way you would like?
SH: Difficult to answer this as I am simply only in an Interim position. I will say this, Canada needs to play far more International games than they have in the past few years.

15. Which Canadian players you think will be a force to reckon when the 2010 world cup qualifiers starts back?
SH: The force would have to be an efficient well balanced TEAM.

16. Jamaica did the ultimate, the hiring of Bora Milutinovic.  Mexico got midfield genius Hugo Sanchez as their boss, and Costa Rica handed talented midfielder Hernan Medford the job to carry out the task for them.  The USA may get Jurgen Klinsman. You will obviously meet them sometime down the road. Do you think you have the knowledge to out-coach these men?
SH: That is assuming I am the coach! Bora is a proven coach but he has only qualified one team China; Korea and Japan were automatic due to being host. I do not mean any disrespect by this statement. I am simply saying that his task is very different.
Klinsman had success with Germany in a WC at home. I think he will find USA and dealing with CONCACAF quite a challenge. Sanchez and Medford are theories.

17. If you were asked by the Canadian federation to hire anyone you like to work with you, who will you choose?
SH: I would rather not say.

18. If Canada does not keep you as head coach, where will you like to go from there?
SH: Hopefully, I will remain with the youth program. I think the program is on the right track and can be built upon.

19. Do you still visit T&T?  If yes, where do you stay when you go?
SH: Yes I try to visit as often as I can. Most of my family are in T&T. I stay in Tobago as my parents live there.

20. Do you think Brian Haynes, Russell Latapy and Hannibal Najjar are some decent coaches T&T should consider?
SH: Yes all have excellent experience.

21. What's your thoughts of Anton Corneal being in-charge of the entire youth and women T&T teams?
SH: I don't really think about it.

22. Are you still a regular visitor to the Soca Warriors Online. If so, what's your thoughts?
SH: Its a great site. Informative, Amusing, Serious, and Entertaining.

23. Under former T&T coach Ian Porterfield, T&T sabotaged Canada in the 2001 world cup qualifiers. Were you surprised? Anything you would like to share with us on those victories?
SH: Game 1 was very interesting as I felt Canada played the better game, but two great goals gave T&T the victory, away from home which is never easy. Game 2 was another story from the opening whistle, one Canada will rather forget.

24. What was your proudest moment in your career?
SH: As a youth coach watching players progress.

25. Do you feel many good players got over-looked by the T&T national team while you were growing up as a player in T&T? Can you brief us?
SH: Definitely, T&T could have done a better job tracking its players. But
its all water under the bridge now.

26. Under the great Dom Basil Mathews. St Benedicts College was a force. Can you describe your experience under him? If he was alive, do you think T&T football would have been the same today? Anything you would like to share with us on these topics? Benedicts & Dom.....
SH: The Dom came before my time at St Benedicts but I grew up watching their team and lived near to St Benedicts ground and played my club football with many of its graduates.
The Dom created T&T first football Academy. He searched far and wide for genuine talent, gave them the best facilities and coaching. He proved what I think he set out to prove, that talent nurtured properly can achieve excellent results. Its amazing how many of those players went on to represent T&T. It is a shame the Dom was never placed in a position of influence in T&T Football.

Thank You...
Stephen Hart.

Note:
On behalf of the Soca Warriors Online I just what to say Thank You to Mr. Stephen Hart for taking the time to do this interview for us. Please keep up the great work you are doing and we wish you all the best in the future... you make us proud.

21-Nov-2006.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 03:54:13 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

TrinInfinite

Re: Exclusive Interview with Canada's head coach Stephen Hart.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 02:37:53 PM »
Boss interview flex :beermug: :applause: :applause: you iz a boss breds, SH for tt nat'l coach in the near future, i have said this before and will continue to say this... :beermug:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 03:12:43 PM »
21. What's your thoughts of Anton Corneal being in-charge of the entire youth and women T&T teams.
SH: I don't really think about it
   ;D :rotfl:

VB

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 03:25:13 PM »
Thanks Flex  :beermug:

T&T, Canada, Costa Rica and Mexico fuh SA 2010

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 03:30:19 PM »
Meh boy SH wicked !!!!!!!! nice interview Flex.

We need to get this man to take over Corneals job....

Didn't Bora qualified Nigeria and USA too ? I didn't know Korea and Japan was host...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 03:51:31 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 05:38:29 PM »
"2. In 1980 you were selected to the Trinidad and Tobago national football team. How come you never became a regular on the squad?
SH: I was having a good season in the league and got selected just before the second Haiti game in the qualifications for WC 82. I was 20 at the time, so it was a gamble by the coaching staff. Unfortunately I had already made a commitment to attend University abroad. At that time the National Team also was in transition and the staff decided to build on a local squad. I did return home and played in the Premier, but as you know most players who played in that League got banned from the National Team."

what is the deal with SO MANY players in TnT getting Banned over the years ???
Is it a Alpha Male thing with TTFF?
People in the TTFF need to Grow-Up and Be MEN!!!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 05:51:17 PM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 07:54:55 PM »
played in the Premier, but as you know most players who played in that League got banned from the National Team

any of the older heads care to explain to the youths what went on here? what is this premier and why they were banning players?

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 10:58:53 PM »
23. Under former T&T coach Ian Porterfield, T&T sabotaged Canada in the 2001 world cup qualifiers. Were you surprised? Anything you would like to share with us on those victories?
SH: Game 1 was very interesting as I felt Canada played the better game, but two great goals gave T&T the victory, away from home which is never easy. Game 2 was another story from the opening whistle, one Canada will rather forget

Calling Warrior Nation officials.....Look, I don't think we can afford to wait for the federation to help make the HC Stadium an intimidating environment for opponents. . . .maybe the Warrior Nation could look into a strategy to organize a fan base to implement that environment
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 05:22:20 AM »
Boss interview Flex.Good to see he still cruising the site from time to time, although I can understand why he doesnt post anymore.

Yea, he could def. be one for the future for leading T&T. I am sure he will not be as expensive as Beenie.
With regard to this coaching thing, I personally feel we shoulda have a big name international coach here for the next drive. Do disrespect to WIM, but sometimes a big name coach with credentials alone is tonic for players to believe in them fully and put out that extra something. Not to mention they are tried and tested, experienced coaches.
You all might laugh, but I find we shoulda be looking at names like Scolari, Hiddink, Klinsman, Simoes again, Bora, Carlos Albero P, etc etc. It all depends on our priorities and vision. We have made it to the WC finally, we should be aiming to take it to the next level now and getting there consistently and winning games in the first round...I just think we have made a slight stutter step in our development. In theory, we are doing things that could easily see us become another ran, like Canada, Honduras, El Salvador and Jamaica. We have to think bigger than ever now.

About making the HC stadium more intimidating, first of all, it will never really be too intimidating.
lets be realistic, in CONCACAF's elite 6, we have perhaps the worse support, plus the smallest stadium.
Our opponents will be used to playing in much more hostile environments than anything they will get in POS. The running track around the stadium doesnt help either, keeping the already quiet fans further away from the field. What we have to aim for is a stadium that inspires our players to put out more, with the sounds, and colour, not really to intimidate our opponents.
Thats not also our culture.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 06:37:14 AM »
This is another piece of excellence Flex.

Keep up the good work, good questions and good replies, not like the Dexter Skeene interview which was piss poor by him.

I am sure Bora took USA and Nigeria to the world cup ? maybe I am wrong. ??

Wonder if Canada still holds that grudge from 2001.

I also like question number 7. Its shows how poor we are with our programs, preprations and training and then we expect miracles in de end. Ask Marlon Charles and the T&T women team.....

Good luck Stephen Hart.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 07:54:15 AM »
played in the Premier, but as you know most players who played in that League got banned from the National Team

any of the older heads care to explain to the youths what went on here? what is this premier and why they were banning players?

The Premier League was run by Arthur Suite and came at a time when the National Players and team administrators were truly frustrated with Jack Warner and the TTFA.  Imagine winning the league and then being told that there is no prize money but look a trophy.  One would have to experience a TTFA election to understand how corrupt the TTFA was back then. Thinking back on it now it was really funny. 

Arthur Suite was the owner of ASL which offered decent salaries to players because the truth be told in those times the only professional teams in T&T were Police and the Defense Force (and still football was not their first job).  The Premier League provided serious dollars to the teams, most from Arthur Suite pocket but gate receipts were good back then.  When you went to a Premier game in PSA ground on a Friday night it had real crowd.  Rivalries from the South, East and North was still alive and kicking.  The brand of football was good, real good.

The sad thing was the entire national team was in the Premier League with the exception of the Army and Police players who stayed in the TTFA league.  ASL had players like Spann, Sammy Llewelyn, Ralph "Arab" Nelson, Ron La, Spiderman Carter, Marlon Charles.  Although it is my belief that Jack Warner was at his weakest and on his way out then,  Arthur Suite made a deal with the devil to join back with the TTFA. 

Banning the players was what Jack and the TTFA thought would force the players back from this breakaway league that was threatening his position.  I believe the main reason Suite entertain rejoining the TTFA was in the best interest of the players and the country (and not to appear like Jack a dictator doing things against the wishes of the players), to allow them to represent the National Team once again.  Although there was not as great an interest from England for our players in thos times, the banned players could not play for the National team or particpate in Concacaf Club championship and as a result really could not be exposed to the likes of the NASL at the time (although it was a dying league showed interst in a number of player). Also players could showcase their skills when Suite brought some real big teams home to play ASL: Flamengo with Zico, Arsenal, All Black EPL team with Cyril Regis, Cosmos with Pele, etc.  The fact is having known a lot of those players, the National Team with all the crap from Jack was a major accomplishment and was what most of them played for.  So most of them actually voted to join back with with the TTFA.

I also think Arthur Suite had big personal plans but after he joined back with the TTFA, Jack cut his throat.  He again formed another breakaway league but the initial momentum was lost and that soon merged with the TTFA which had regained its strength in Local football.  Suite had some money problems at the same time with his business, so he could not (or did not care to) pump the same sort of funding into the football as previously.  The gates were not as big as in the Premier League days and the best of the best were split between the leagues unlike before where all of the big players not tied to Police and the Defense Force went with Suite.

Those were some good times.

Blessings

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 09:12:59 AM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 08:32:13 AM »
Is true what yuh say about Warner being at his weakest at that time. I truely thought he was gone, I guess the only trump card he had was banning players from national selection. The Premier had better quality games, bigger name players and fuh T&T ....some of the biggest crowds I have ever seen watching a local club game. I know they apparently had bigger crowds watching local club ball in the mid 70's and earlier but that was before my time. Did'nt the breakaway league call themselves the TTFF? I remember Jack critisising TTT fuh showing highlights of the breakaway leagues games. ASL real miss out on being ah big team in Concacaf then....they were definitely the equals if not better than Defence Force at the time.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 09:03:55 AM »

The Premier League was run by Arthur Suite and came at a time when the National Players and team administrators were truly frustrated with Jack Warner and the TTFA.  Imagine winning the league and then being told that there is no prize money but look a trophy.  One would have to experience a TTFA election to understand how corrupt the TTFA was back then. Thinking back on it now it was really funny. 

Arthur Suite was the owner of ASL which offered decent salaries to players because the truth be told in those times the only professional teams in T&T were Police and the Defense Force (and still football was not their first job).  The Premier League provided serious dollars to the teams, most from Arthur Suite pocket but gate receipts were good back then.  When you went to a Premier game in PSA ground on a Friday night it had real crowd.  Rivalries from the South, East and North was still alive and kicking.  The brand of football was good, real good.

The sad thing was the entire national team was in the Premier League with the exception of the Army and Police players who stayed in the TTFA league.  ASL had players like Spann, Sammy Llewelyn, Ralph "Arab" Nelson, Ron La, Spiderman Carter, Marlon Charles.  Although it is my belief that Jack Warner was at his weakest and on his way out then,  Arthur Suite made a deal with the devil to join back with the TTFA. 

Banning the players was what Jack and the TTFA thought would force the players back from this breakaway league that was threatening his position.  I believe the main reason Suite entertain rejoining the TTFA was in the best interest of the players and the country (and not to appear like Jack a dictator doing things against the wishes of the players), to allow them to represent the National Team once again.  Although there was not as great an interest from England for our players in thos times, the banned players could not play for the National team or particpate in Concacaf Club championship and as a result really could not be exposed to the likes of the NASL at the time (although it was a dying league showed interst in a number of player). Also players could showcase their skills when Suite brought some real big teams home to play ASL: Flamengo with Zico, Arsenal, All Black EPL team with Cyril Regis, Cosmos with Pele, etc.  The fact is having known a lot of those players, the National Team with all the crap from Jack was a major accomplishment and was what most of them played for.  So most of them actually voted to join back with with the TTFA.

I also think Arthur Suite had big personal plans but after he joined back with the TTFF, Jack cut his throat.  He again formed another breakaway league but the initial momentum was lost and that soon merged with the TTFA which had regained its strength in Local football.  Suite had some money problems at the same time with his business, so he could not (or did not care to) pump the same sort of funding into the football as previously.  The gates were not as big as in the Premier League days and the best of the best were split between the leagues unlike before where all of the big players not tied to Police and the Defense Force went with Suite.

Those were some good times.

Blessings

this was very sad to hear, JW has done alot to destroy our football if you really think about it, its sickening to know how far our football program would be if we didnt have blue crabs in our football running it...

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 10:37:29 AM »
Nice read above....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 11:16:19 AM »
I am sure Bora took USA and Nigeria to the world cup ? maybe I am wrong. ??

The USA were hosts in 1994 when Milutivonic coached them so saying he took them to the World Cup is not erxactly correct.  They had no qualifying matches to play.

Nigeria had already qualified for the World Cup when Milutivonic took over.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 01:40:30 PM »
Lower St John you could not have explained it better,it's the best account of what went on with that Premier League i've heard,i was involved at the time but coaching the other top team in the league ECM Mowtown,this league brought back Football in T&T then Jack got involved and the rest is history. 

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 02:06:44 PM »
3. How was football in your time growing up in T&T compared to the times we have now? What is lacking from our football in general?
SH: Football back then along with Cricket were the only sports. Local club football still had a huge following and there was also a huge North / South rivalry, that fired the appetite. Now I think there are too many Leagues. T&T Football needs one top League and a Second division with promotion and relegation. Football must find a way for the better players to compete against each other week in week out.

Totally agree with this point of view. Way to many leagues exist and the support for teams are spread way to thin. PFL with the team finishing bottom being demoted and the top team of the second division being promoted. Niceness

Great interview..... Keep up the good work SH
 :beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2006, 02:18:56 PM »
Lower St John you could not have explained it better,it's the best account of what went on with that Premier League i've heard,i was involved at the time but coaching the other top team in the league ECM Mowtown,this league brought back Football in T&T then Jack got involved and the rest is history. 

ent?

SH hit it on de head too, when he said too manyleagues..Jack destroued regional ball to win elections and when Lower St. John said yuh had to experience ah elections tuh understand de corruption..lol  he eh understate de shit dat went on.

Imagine ah team get ah set ah boots from Jack..lol and and dem he take dem back LOL

Voe for me!///lol

I was around and although ah was young..ah heard de shit and saw some of it.

real tief head ting went on.  Jack and Ollie change de constitution to consolidate dey power.

Ah surprised TI didnt know dis shit went on..afterall he family so involved in T&T football.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2006, 03:18:21 PM »

ent?

SH hit it on de head too, when he said too manyleagues..Jack destroued regional ball to win elections and when Lower St. John said yuh had to experience ah elections tuh understand de corruption..lol he eh understate de shit dat went on.

Imagine ah team get ah set ah boots from Jack..lol and and dem he take dem back LOL

Voe for me!///lol

I was around and although ah was young..ah heard de shit and saw some of it.

real tief head ting went on. Jack and Ollie change de constitution to consolidate dey power.

Ah surprised TI didnt know dis shit went on..afterall he family so involved in T&T football.

i knew there was corruption of all sorts, i didnt know all the details bc we never got indept into all of it, i know my uncle told me about jw bc he was friends with him but that was a long time ago...

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2006, 03:27:26 PM »
To be honest ah felt guilty about posting such negatives after such a great interview with Steve but men on this forum need to understand the history in Trinbago Football.  So I had to oblige the young man who needed a history lesson.

The Football was real sweet in the PFL.  Coops, man yuh bring back memories when yuh mention ECM Motown, big team, when ECM show up yuh know yuh have hard football from the first whistle.

It seems every time there was a general election in the TTFA, the constitution was changed.  If man did not want to be blacklisted, then don't not make a note when Jack did his thing.

Our football was really put back in the stone ages.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2006, 03:46:32 PM »
Very informative interview and Post..thanks gentlemen

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2006, 04:09:08 PM »
Boss interview Flex and boss replys from SH.

Also add to that some of the expansions on info by some of the older posters and this makes for my nomination for post/discussion string of the month.

Big up to Flex and the crew for the continued hardwork in keeping this site a gem!  ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 04:13:59 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 04:23:23 PM »
Lower St John you just increase my knowledge about T&T football by 100% dey.  Thanks very much soldier.  and thanks every body else who added in they bit too.  Hopefully everybody take note of the history so that some great day when Jack Warner and Ollie camps and them fellas gone, we ent make them same mistakes again.

truetrini

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 05:43:30 PM »
Dey have some men here who living in Canada who does feel dat jack is some kinda god.  Jack and dem eh lay dey do serious damage tuh we football nah.

back in de days ah de North/South Classic, real ball used to run.  I can rememerb as a youth..a real small youth , going to de savannah tuh see football...is real crowds.

King George de Fifth park and PSA had real ball too!  Nuff men get their careers ended by Jack Warner, dat is why when de shit about Nahkid did break out, I told everyone to consider de source.

Dey had some real jackasses here like Rotato Poti (wey day waggonist gorn) whosay i only speculating and dat jack is a great trini.  steups.

We went to we first world cup in spite ah jack and he bungling, we should have done so at least 2 more times in the past.
Will we ever make it back?  I eh so sure, seriously, we need new blood to take over, so we can rise up.

I remember going t de oval to see St. marys put ah cut arse on QRC....dat was real good ball  De Oval almost totally sold out.

School boy football could do dat now?  Ask yuhself why not.

Ask yuhself why de stadium does be empty no arse when we national teams playing.

Ask yuhself why de women's team got treated so shabbily in the Gold cup.

Ask yuhself wey all de money gorn.

And ask yuhself if is true that everytime T&T play Mexico if is true dat de Mexicans does pay about $1,000,000 in TV rightas tuh de TTFF?

Ask yuhself if dat is why we national teams does always draw mexico in all dem damn tournaments.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2006, 05:51:11 PM »
Dey have some men here who living in Canada who does feel dat jack is some kinda god. Jack and dem eh lay dey do serious damage tuh we football nah.

back in de days ah de North/South Classic, real ball used to run. I can rememerb as a youth..a real small youth , going to de savannah tuh see football...is real crowds.

King George de Fifth park and PSA had real ball too! Nuff men get their careers ended by Jack Warner, dat is why when de shit about Nahkid did break out, I told everyone to consider de source.

Dey had some real jackasses here like Rotato Poti (wey day waggonist gorn) whosay i only speculating and dat jack is a great trini. steups.

We went to we first world cup in spite ah jack and he bungling, we should have done so at least 2 more times in the past.
Will we ever make it back? I eh so sure, seriously, we need new blood to take over, so we can rise up.

I remember going t de oval to see St. marys put ah cut arse on QRC....dat was real good ball De Oval almost totally sold out.

School boy football could do dat now? Ask yuhself why not.

Ask yuhself why de stadium does be empty no arse when we national teams playing.

Ask yuhself why de women's team got treated so shabbily in the Gold cup.

Ask yuhself wey all de money gorn.

And ask yuhself if is true that everytime T&T play Mexico if is true dat de Mexicans does pay about $1,000,000 in TV rightas tuh de TTFF?

Ask yuhself if dat is why we national teams does always draw mexico in all dem damn tournaments.

when yuh refer to some men living in canada please specify names nah bc i dont worship jw, i worship god and a man who destroys our football, i cant even appreciate, so please dont categorize me with other fellahs bc i know my football and footbal history, the only thing that got by me was the ban of the players, so please when yuh refer, make a detailed reference of who yuh speaking about...

God is de BOSS... fellahs on this board better remember dat, including some in the states...

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2006, 06:18:35 PM »
see how defensive yuh is?  I was referring tuh triniman and some odders.

I know you doh worship JW, yuh still learing a lot doh..so doh try tuh make yuhself sound like no footbal guru.,,,remember dat!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 10:27:19 PM »
To be honest ah felt guilty about posting such negatives after such a great interview with Steve but men on this forum need to understand the history in Trinbago Football.  So I had to oblige the young man who needed a history lesson.
The Football was real sweet in the PFL.  Coops, man yuh bring back memories when yuh mention ECM Motown, big team, when ECM show up yuh know yuh have hard football from the first whistle.
It seems every time there was a general election in the TTFA, the constitution was changed.  If man did not want to be blacklisted, then don't not make a note when Jack did his thing.
Our football was really put back in the stone ages.
Blessings
Thanks VERY MUCH for your account.
Many people in TnT Football had a hard time from Austin...just unbelievable
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2006, 10:36:59 PM »
It's sad that another country can make use of our home grown talent but we in TT can't.

You all must read each post carefully, cause SH still post often, the man is roots, you all think he will leave the forum, he always post informative information.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2006, 12:13:26 AM »

Greatest local club vs foreign club game ah ever see was ASL vs Tottenham Hotspurs.
ASL had all the guns La Forest et al.
Ah ball head man for Spurs (ah does always forget his name) run on second half rest two hurry hurry goal on spiderman , walk off after fifteen minutes an game done.
Ah fine out after he did not start the game because he had a hang over from drinking whole day by hilton pool.
 ;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2006, 06:13:41 AM »
Nice article Flex.

I have two questions about Bora ? why when they doing a write up on him they does always say he took 4 countries to the world cup when in reality he only took one ? that dont make sense then. And Bora should clear that up, then he's over rated....

And what is his record in the actual world cup.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 06:14:54 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>