April 26, 2024, 10:24:44 AM

Author Topic: Question on an old TTT sports show.  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Question on an old TTT sports show.
« on: November 22, 2006, 08:56:25 AM »
Just had a somewhat suspect flashback but still need to ask a question of those people that watched TTT's 'Sports Sunday' programme in the late 80's early 90's. The one a youthfull Selwyn Melville hosted. In the opening sequence of the show they showed a clip of a fella trying to make a sliding goalmouth clearance at a very wet national stadium ....not only did he fail but also ended up bashing his balls on one of the uprights, though it did cut to another clip just as he was about to connect! That clip never failed to crease me up in more ways than one especially as you could tell the guy knew what was coming but could do nothing about it. 

Anyone know who the fella was? heck anyone even remember what I'm talking about. Always thought it was Clayton Morris....as the fella had a band on his wrist like what Morris used to wear.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Question on an old TTT sports show.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 09:10:13 AM »
I cannot remember that but thanks for bring back the memory of sports sunday show.

oH and i see your team nottingham forest may get promoted they are on top...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 09:17:51 AM »
Yes...probably because I no longer go to games after watching them get relegated. Prior to that I had'nt physically seen Forest win a game for two seasons  :'( . One thing Forest never lost is the ability to produce good youth players and they forming the backbone now....hope Calderwood keeps it going cause the squad isn't very deep.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 09:23:31 AM »
lol... dey sayd of sports sunday... use to live for that on the weekend yes.... das de only sports show ah use to watch as a youth...lol ;D

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 09:31:51 AM »
I cannot remember that

maybe because they never had that one in Canada  :rotfl:  :rotfl: like you does be trying to fool the posters who juss register? For the fellas and ladies who eh know... Triniman went to the TnT Gov't and declare refugee status .. when asked what was his basis.. the bess answer the fella cud come up with was... "Canada too cold" buh we done know it's his dream to be trini

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 09:33:39 AM »
all i rememember about the sports sunday intro was a secondary school jerren nixon beatsing thru about 5 men on de way to goal

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 10:51:32 AM »
all i rememember about the sports sunday intro was a secondary school jerren nixon beatsing thru about 5 men on de way to goal
I remember that!  ;D

I think the player Morris if I remember Rodney's scene correctly, because I was at the actual match for one of the opening clips and remember Morris needing treatment for something like that and us laughing in the stands when he refused to let the trainer put ice down his shorts.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 11:10:02 AM »
I remember it too, but I have no idea who it was. It definitely wasn't Phil Babb though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE7auOanuwQ

:beermug:

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 01:19:20 PM »
Memorable cuts from the intro:

I remember Nixon running through the whole of some side when he was playing for Gustin.
I remember latas running through 4 Honduras players at the oval before getting jam.
I remember Arnold Dwarika side stepping Stefan Monteil who nearly scissors kick him in a Malick-Fatima game in the stadium.
And I remember seeing mehself swimming butterfly towards the wall. (Cya really forget that)
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 01:54:23 PM »
I cannot remember that

maybe because they never had that one in Canada  :rotfl:  :rotfl: like you does be trying to fool the posters who juss register? For the fellas and ladies who eh know... Triniman went to the TnT Gov't and declare refugee status .. when asked what was his basis.. the bess answer the fella cud come up with was... "Canada too cold" buh we done know it's his dream to be trini

What eva you just like real shit talk eh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>