March 28, 2024, 04:51:11 AM

Author Topic: Back in Times - Defence Force (1980s)  (Read 6506 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Back in Times - Defence Force (1980s)
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 02:03:55 PM »
i remember my granduncle saying he use to tear up defence force in he days, dey couldnt mark, sterling "bound tuh score" parris  ;D :beermug:

TI. What EXACTLY is a granduncle?

Yuh grandfaddah padnah?

Yuh grandfaddah cousin?

A granduncle related by blood?

I eh tryin to be no how....ah jes cyah figure it out.

Thanx

its blood, my grandmothers 1st cousin's husband, if allyuh know about goal scorers you'll know about my granduncle....

Take win padnah!!  :rotfl: :rotfl:

GOD eh de boss nah.  HE only tort HE was de Boss.  YOU TI is de real Boss sah.  Large Up!!!  ;D ;D :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 02:38:10 PM »
Police also won the Concacaf Championships, in the early 90s.

VB

This is news to me.... 8)

VB (remember this) - Consider yourself corrected !!!

Yuh bitch!! yuh was waiting for dat eh? ;D

Well obviously my age is catching up with me.

For those who want to see a list of the Con. Champs and runners up, go here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CONCACAF_Champions'_Cup

VB

A more indepth resource if you want to see how all T&T teams feared in he tourney is here:

http://www.rsssf.com/tablesc/ca1.html

That 80's Defence Force side was our best regional side ever! got to three finals. Ah knew Trintoc, Police and ASL played in it but never knew Kentucky Fried Memphis did and I was living in T&T at the time. Shows how haphazard the organisation of Concacaf was at the time(probably Jack's only true untainted success). It have one tournament where it look like Puebla get byes all the way to the Final.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 07:55:49 PM »
That picture had to be before 80
Because Len Laforest was playing with ASL,when the Premier league began
What happen to Milton Archieball and Kenny Joseph

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 09:42:36 AM »

i remember my granduncle saying he use to tear up defence force in he days, dey couldnt mark, sterling "bound tuh score" parris  ;D :beermug:
      TI i have to take you up on this because i played against your granduncle,are you sure that is what he said to you or was it the other way around,i remember him well because we were good friends off the field,ask Mr "bound too score"if he ever scored a goal against DF,any how :shameonyou: :shameonyou:   

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 09:48:44 AM »
That picture had to be before 80
Because Len Laforest was playing with ASL,when the Premier league began
What happen to Milton Archieball and Kenny Joseph
        Len Laforest never played for ASL,after the DF Len did not play any more Football,Archibald had already left the Army and Kenny Joseph was the Coach of that team,that was my last year playing. 

TrinInfinite

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2006, 11:47:59 AM »

TI i have to take you up on this because i played against your granduncle,are you sure that is what he said to you or was it the other way around,i remember him well because we were good friends off the field,ask Mr "bound too score"if he ever scored a goal against DF,any how :shameonyou: :shameonyou:

next time i talk to him ill ask him, he was goin thru a lil ting bc my grandaunt passed nah, but i will ask, from what i hear and what people say he should have made the nat'l team, he say he dont have a godfather thats why...

TrinInfinite

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2006, 11:50:30 AM »

i remember my granduncle saying he use to tear up defence force in he days, dey couldnt mark, sterling "bound tuh score" parris ;D :beermug:
TI:
Where Joel? I haven't seen him in years.

last i hear he was in the us navy i believe, still in the states, i think he went down for his mother's funeral which was recent...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2006, 12:30:44 PM »

next time i talk to him ill ask him, he was goin thru a lil ting bc my grandaunt passed nah, but i will ask, from what i hear and what people say he should have made the nat'l team, he say he dont have a godfather thats why...
      To be honest in those times it was tough,we had so many good forwards godfather or not it could not help,to a certain extent being from South and considering the team he played for did not help,but he was good. 

truetrini

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2006, 12:32:15 PM »
he was decent..no national baller though,

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »

You lookin fuh cuss.

truetrini

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2006, 12:48:03 PM »

You lookin fuh cuss.

Listen Palos ask Observer..I used to be as much ah peopng as de next man..you included in dem days.  and I used to travel all over de place tuh watch football..Sando, Arima, Carenage, Palo Seco petit valley  four roads..I even play on de same team as elliot allen.  I go games every night in PSA, King George, Arima..and as I said:

Parriss was NO f**king BIG baller...steups.

In fact i remember one game..I call he out and tell him to put ah big stone on he shirt and come on de side lines ah see de shit he jes do. :devil:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 12:50:38 PM by truetrini »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2006, 12:55:11 PM »

You lookin fuh cuss.

Listen Palos ask Observer..I used to be as much ah peopng as de next man..you included in dem days.  and I used to travel all over de place tuh watch football..Sando, Arima, Carenage, Palo Seco petit valley  four roads..I even play on de same team as elliot allen.  I go games every night in PSA, King George, Arima..and as I said:

In fact i remember one game..I call he out and tell him to put ah big stone on he shirt and come on de side lines ah see de shit he jes do. :devil:

I never doubt you.  I jes say u lookin fuh cuss.

truetrini

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2006, 12:55:57 PM »
yo, coops like yuh getting old or what?

You had stop playing fuh DF in de eighties..ent?

So dis pic had to be from de late 70's

TrinInfinite

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2006, 03:09:39 PM »
yo, coops like yuh getting old or what?

You had stop playing fuh DF in de eighties..ent?

So dis pic had to be from de late 70's

i guess thats your opinion but at the same time you saw him play in his youth, i didnt, however i remember he was a leading scorer in the league one year, but i could b wrong, i will try to get an interview and we will see from there....

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2006, 05:53:21 PM »

You lookin fuh cuss.

Listen Palos ask Observer..I used to be as much ah peopng as de next man..you included in dem days.  and I used to travel all over de place tuh watch football..Sando, Arima, Carenage, Palo Seco petit valley four roads..I even play on de same team as elliot allen[/u][/b].  I go games every night in PSA, King George, Arima..and as I said:

I used to be as much ah peopng.... did you mean peeper or peong?
valley four roads.....weeeeeee foute....yuh useted tuh real get rong dey True. Wey yuh from again?....and how far was the travel from yuh house tuh these two towns?  :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 05:56:37 PM by Ent! »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2006, 05:55:30 PM »

dat is becasue yuh:

1.  Too young
2.  new to T&T football
3.  Not From TNT
Well thats my reason ;D

truetrini

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2006, 05:58:46 PM »

You lookin fuh cuss.

Listen Palos ask Observer..I used to be as much ah peopng as de next man..you included in dem days.  and I used to travel all over de place tuh watch football..Sando, Arima, Carenage, Palo Seco petit valley four roads..I even play on de same team as elliot allen[/u][/b].  I go games every night in PSA, King George, Arima..and as I said:

I used to be as much ah peopng.... did you mean peeper or peong?
valley four roads.....weeeeeee foute....yuh useted tuh real get rong dey True. Wey yuh from again?....and how far was the travel from yuh house tuh these two towns?  :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Breds I used to live in de house of wax in petit valley and four roads is jes down de road.  steups
den I move tuh Diego Martin main road fella

you cyar be from de west at all, odderwise yuh woulda never ask dem questions.

1]; } ?>