March 28, 2024, 03:27:38 AM

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving fellow US based Trinis.  (Read 4045 times)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving fellow US based Trinis.
« on: November 22, 2006, 06:12:03 PM »
Just wanted to say a Happy Thanksgiving to my Trini bros and sis in de US

1) I thankful that we boys shine at the World Cup. We could hold our heads us despite that F@#king Fifa rankings.
2) I get to see me heroes of 1989 play one last final time. Everytime I remember Latas would be for that wonderful volley in the world cup. (Good last memory of him)
3) Yorke playing like he 12 years younger than everyone.
4) Tallman for being the Football Wikipedia, Flex for allowing me all des post. TT, TI, Palos, Dutty and others who never make this a dull forum.

Thanks for the Soca Warriors. I proud to be a Trini always.

truetrini

Re: Happy Thanksgiving fellow US based Trinis.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 06:15:50 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to you too and all de odder posters.

I call Coops today and he having big lime by he tomorrow, so i going over dey! ;D

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 06:18:38 PM »
Happy thanksgiving to you also

1) I thankful that we boys shine at the World Cup. We could hold our heads us despite that F@#king Fifa rankings.
2) I get to see me heroes of 1989 play one last final time. Everytime I remember Latas would be for that wonderful volley in the world cup. (Good last memory of him)
4) Tallman for being the Football Wikipedia, Flex for allowing me all des post. TT, TI, Palos, Dutty and others who never make this a dull forum.

Amen to that.  :beermug:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 06:30:33 PM »
Good Post..... Happy Thanksgiving to all....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 06:38:28 PM »

I call Coops today and he having big lime by he tomorrow, so i going over dey! ;D

Happy Thanksgiving to all de Yankees dem.

Jes 1 question true.  Were u invited?  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 08:07:51 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving to all de Yankees dem.

Jes 1 question true.  Were u invited?  8)

if yuh tell ah real trini dat yuh having people over by yuh...den dat is ah invite!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 08:28:10 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family dctrini, and also to all de other US based. Tuh be honest, ah eh no Thanksgiving man, I more like meh Christmas and of course Carnival. Well ah is ah US man now, so ah does give thanks and respect fuh de holiday, and just enjoy de day wid de family, eat some good food and beat some juice  ;). Bless.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 06:03:58 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 08:43:30 PM »
Invitation?  De people who fuss celebrated Thanksgiving...were they invited too?  Go and eat and drink fuh all of we who eh there True.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 08:57:47 PM »
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO THE FOREIGN BASE.

We all have to thank God for the Soca Warriors as they made Germany 06 the best WC ever for so many of us.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 08:58:30 PM »
Invitation?  De people who fuss celebrated Thanksgiving...were they invited too?  Go and eat and drink fuh all of we who eh there True.

Savannah, yuh doh miss ah beat eh? Ah doh understand wey yuh say dey. Bless.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 09:00:17 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 09:39:53 PM »
if yuh tell ah real trini dat yuh having people over by yuh...den dat is ah invite!
ya right, why else would Coops tell you  ;D ;D ;D ;D

have a good one people
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 10:07:59 PM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

TrinInfinite

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 09:45:32 PM »
god bless to all my brothers and my sisters in the US

God is de BOSS...

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 09:46:14 PM »
scheups. i living in the US but i doh celebrate that shit.

From a Native American site (http://www.manataka.org/)

THE  REAL STORY OF THANKSGIVING

by Susan Bates

Most of us associate the holiday with happy Pilgrims and Indians sitting down to a big feast.  And that did happen - once.

The story began in 1614 when a band of English explorers sailed home to  England with a ship full of Patuxet Indians bound for slavery. They left behind smallpox which virtually wiped out those who had escaped.  By the time the Pilgrims arrived in Massachusetts Bay they found only one living Patuxet Indian, a man named Squanto who had survived slavery in England and knew their language.  He taught them to grow corn and to fish, and negotiated a peace treaty between the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag Nation. At the end of their first year, the Pilgrims held a great feast honoring Squanto and the Wampanoags.

But as word spread in England about the paradise to be found in the new world, religious zealots called Puritans began arriving by the boat load. Finding no fences around the land, they considered it to be in the public domain. Joined by other British settlers, they seized land, capturing strong young Natives for slaves and killing the rest.  But the Pequot Nation had not agreed to the peace treaty Squanto had negotiated and they fought back. The Pequot War was one of the bloodiest Indian wars ever fought.  

In 1637 near present day  Groton, Connecticut, over 700 men, women and children of the Pequot Tribe had gathered for their annual Green Corn Festival which is our Thanksgiving celebration. In the predawn hours the sleeping Indians were surrounded by English and Dutch mercenaries who ordered them to come outside.  Those who came out were shot or clubbed to death while the terrified women and children who huddled inside the longhouse were burned alive. The next day the governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony declared "A Day Of Thanksgiving" because 700 unarmed men, women and children had been murdered

Cheered by their "victory", the brave colonists and their Indian allies attacked village after village. Women and children over 14 were sold into slavery while the rest were murdered.  Boats loaded with a many as 500 slaves regularly left the ports of New England. Bounties were paid for Indian scalps to encourage as many deaths as possible.  

Following an especially successful raid against the Pequot in what is now  Stamford, Connecticut, the churches announced a second day of "thanksgiving" to celebrate victory over the heathen savages.  During the feasting, the hacked off heads of Natives were kicked through the streets like soccer balls.  Even the friendly Wampanoag did not escape the madness. Their chief was beheaded, and his head impaled on a pole in Plymouth, Massachusetts -- where it remained on display for 24 years.  

The killings became more and more frenzied, with days of thanksgiving feasts being held after each successful massacre. George Washington finally suggested that only one day of Thanksgiving per year be set aside instead of celebrating each and every massacre. Later Abraham Lincoln decreed Thanksgiving Day to be a legal national holiday during the Civil War -- on the same day he ordered troops to march against the starving Sioux in Minnesota.

This story doesn't have quite the same fuzzy feelings associated with it as the one where the Indians and Pilgrims are all sitting down together at the big feast.  But we need to learn our true history so it won't ever be repeated.  Next  Thanksgiving, when you gather with your loved ones to Thank God for all your blessings, think about those people who only wanted to live their lives and raise their families.  They, also took time out to say "thank you" to Creator for all their blessings.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 09:57:49 PM »
Nice post- blessings.......eat some turkey and like yuhselves....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 10:08:28 PM »
No need to celebrate carnival as it is the French who brought it to T'dad and slavery in the French islands was pretty bad.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 11:46:04 PM »
No need to celebrate carnival as it is the French who brought it to T'dad and slavery in the French islands was pretty bad.

Oh gawd, cool nah man, yuh know how it go ah ready.  8) Bless.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 02:35:41 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 12:17:15 AM »
have a good one boys and eat up some turkey... bless

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 04:10:43 AM »

If you spell Trini backwards it will spell.."free food".. ah hope he ress some broclax in your tail or pork.

BTW... this is not football related  8)

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 06:03:17 AM »
GOBBLE GOBBLE!    ;D
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2006, 07:58:14 AM »

yep ,god is trini.
many happy returns.......

truetrini

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2006, 09:01:53 AM »
scheups. i living in the US but i doh celebrate that shit.

From a Native American site (http://www.manataka.org/)

THE  REAL STORY OF THANKSGIVING

by Susan Bates

Most of us associate the holiday with happy Pilgrims and Indians sitting down to a big feast.  And that did happen - once.

The story began in 1614 when a band of English explorers sailed home to  England with a ship full of Patuxet Indians bound for slavery. They left behind smallpox which virtually wiped out those who had escaped.  By the time the Pilgrims arrived in Massachusetts Bay they found only one living Patuxet Indian, a man named Squanto who had survived slavery in England and knew their language.  He taught them to grow corn and to fish, and negotiated a peace treaty between the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag Nation. At the end of their first year, the Pilgrims held a great feast honoring Squanto and the Wampanoags.

Please note how the original holiday started.  it was a celebration and a tribute to the man who taught the settlers how to survive the new land.  Additionally, it was ONE scury dog named Hunt who lured the Indians on his ship and sold dem for mere pittance.  He was decried as a rogue and was NOT a pilgrim!  He was a ship captain hired by the pilgrims. secondly, he sold those indians to the good catholics in Spain, who on discovering the origins of these said indians converted them to christianity and let them live freely in spain...so the story goes.  This stupid act by Hunt is what caused things to fall apart as the Indians no longer trusted the white man and started to attack them as soon as they fell asleep..lol  Anyway the white man brought his diseaes with him and THAT more than anything destroyed the indians..it was ither small pox or TB that did it.  And check out the man named Squanto..how he treated his own people, he was a power hungry fella.  Boy I love history.

But as word spread in England about the paradise to be found in the new world, religious zealots called Puritans began arriving by the boat load. Finding no fences around the land, they considered it to be in the public domain. Joined by other British settlers, they seized land, capturing strong young Natives for slaves and killing the rest.  But the Pequot Nation had not agreed to the peace treaty Squanto had negotiated and they fought back. The Pequot War was one of the bloodiest Indian wars ever fought.

More half truths.  These people who engaged in the war were mostly people who came for profit and not those who came for religious freedoms!  besides it was mostly a war of Indians against Indians  This war also had a lot of influence from the Dutch who by now had come to the Americas for wealth also. The colonies had eveolved into mini states with different leaders, different policies and were as splintered as the indians.  I suggest a google search. you may learn something valueable...things arent always what they seem and that people can twist facts for personal gain.

In 1637 near present day  Groton, Connecticut, over 700 men, women and children of the Pequot Tribe had gathered for their annual Green Corn Festival which is our Thanksgiving celebration. In the predawn hours the sleeping Indians were surrounded by English and Dutch mercenaries who ordered them to come outside.  Those who came out were shot or clubbed to death while the terrified women and children who huddled inside the longhouse were burned alive. The next day the governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony declared "A Day Of Thanksgiving" because 700 unarmed men, women and children had been murdered

The slaughter is a historical fact and it was perpetrated by a sick white man named John Mason but it happened in May and noway is it associated with the Thanksgiving day we clebrate today..no way, no how.  and when mason went to attact the pequot he was accompanied by other indian tribes, true they were repulsed by the actions of Mason, but this attack is not associated with thanksgiving.by the way, that attack killed mostly women and children and was a really sick thing....

Cheered by their "victory", the brave colonists and their Indian allies attacked village after village. Women and children over 14 were sold into slavery while the rest were murdered.  Boats loaded with a many as 500 slaves regularly left the ports of New England. Bounties were paid for Indian scalps to encourage as many deaths as possible.

Sad and true.  asnd these attacks were ordered by Puritan Official too!

Following an especially successful raid against the Pequot in what is now  Stamford, Connecticut, the churches announced a second day of "thanksgiving" to celebrate victory over the heathen savages.  During the feasting, the hacked off heads of Natives were kicked through the streets like soccer balls.  Even the friendly Wampanoag did not escape the madness. Their chief was beheaded, and his head impaled on a pole in Plymouth, Massachusetts -- where it remained on display for 24 years.  

The killings became more and more frenzied, with days of thanksgiving feasts being held after each successful massacre. George Washington finally suggested that only one day of Thanksgiving per year be set aside instead of celebrating each and every massacre. Later Abraham Lincoln decreed Thanksgiving Day to be a legal national holiday during the Civil War -- on the same day he ordered troops to march against the starving Sioux in Minnesota.

Lincoln on the advice of lobbyists made hanksgiving a national holiday.  In factf  Mrs. Sarah Joseph Hale began lobbying presidents for thanksgiving as ah national holiday. It didnt happen until 1863 when Lincoln  make it ah national holiday with his 1863 Thanksgiving Proclamation. The hanging odf the indians occured in DecemberThe efforst to besmirch the name of Abe Lincoln pissing me tuh f**k off, in fact read theis:  steups   " On the bright Sunday morning of August 17, 1862, four Sioux warriors emerged from the Big Woods northwest of St. Paul, Minnesota, on their way home from an unsuccessful hunt. When they came upon the homestead of Robinson Jones, a white man who ran a post office and general store and offered lodging for travelers, the Indians opened fire on the settlers, killing almost all of them.
Soon bands of Sioux were rampaging across southwestern Minnesota, attacking farms and trading posts and murdering everywhere they went—splitting the skulls of men; clubbing children to death; raping daughters and wives before disemboweling them; cutting off hands, breasts, and genitals; and looting whatever could be taken before setting fire to what remained. Perhaps as many as two thousand settlers were brutally massacred, although the number has never been firmly established.

Once the uprising was suppressed, 303 Sioux warriors were sentenced to death. The people of Minnesota called for their immediate execution, a sentiment that matched the national mood. Abraham Lincoln suspected that most of those convicted were marginal players in the rebellion and that the worst culprits had escaped, and he carefully reviewed each case before selecting the 39—later reduced to 38—men to hang whom he believed to be guilty of the worst crimes. The remainder were committed to life in prison. "I could not hang men for votes," he later explained. On December 26 the 38 were simultaneously hanged on a gallows construction especially for them.

The Sioux Uprising of 1862, also known as the Dakota War, sounded the first shots of a war that continued for another 28 years, culminating in the massacre of Indian women and children at Wounded Knee in 1890. Lincoln's death at the hands of John Wilkes Booth ended his intention to reform the government's Indian policy, and both political parties continued to use the system to reward their supporters, a practice that largely continues to this day.

This story doesn't have quite the same fuzzy feelings associated with it as the one where the Indians and Pilgrims are all sitting down together at the big feast.  But we need to learn our true history so it won't ever be repeated.  Next  Thanksgiving, when you gather with your loved ones to Thank God for all your blessings, think about those people who only wanted to live their lives and raise their families.  They, also took time out to say "thank you" to Creator for all their blessings.

The Puritans were no angels and they were soon consumed by greed and self gain to the detriment of dey religion.  But the tenets of Thanksgiving is NOT rooted in bloodshed and murder as you posted fella.  Instaead ah cup and paste and re-posting emails, check de facts..ok?

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2006, 12:15:59 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving Fellas!

I'm hungry.
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2006, 01:52:43 PM »
Give Thanks, T&T going to the WC06 and I was able to see them play. Thanks to Friday for being a spectacular host. Most of all, to the almighty for seeing another day.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2006, 02:08:10 PM »
Boy..I fasting whole day... making a big lash on the plate later.. :beermug:

Happy Thaksgiving.. from the WN Family
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2006, 02:55:58 PM »
Yeah, happy Trini thanksgiving to all (putting an innocent spin on the thanksgiving). We could always give thanks for the right reason  :beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2006, 01:06:00 AM »

damm i wish i wanst in canada could do with a good turkey and a stag  :beermug:

1]; } ?>