April 26, 2024, 10:00:58 AM

Author Topic: TnT FA-Cup Thread.  (Read 49006 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 T&T FA-Cup Thread.
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2012, 05:21:25 AM »
Results so far:

Police F.C. 1 - 2 Central F.C.
Defence Force 1 - 2 Stokely Vale
T&TEC 3 - 1 Enterprise Youths
Pt Fortin Civic Centre 2 - 0 Joe Public (SL)
Cunupia F.C. 3 - 2 Mathura F.C.
North East 2- 0 Santa Rosa

So far, through to the quarter finals:

T&TEC, Central F.C., Stokely Vale, Pt Fortin Civic Centre, Cunupia F.C., North East Stars, Shiva Boys.

Awaiting results: O.J. Soldado vs Shiva Boys,(Shiva won, but don't know score)  Caledonia vs Joe Public (EFA)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:17:58 PM by Football supporter »

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2012, 10:31:40 AM »
Any matches on this weekend?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2012, 11:42:09 AM »
Stokely Vale 2 - 1 Defence Force

wow!!!!!

Double Wow!!!

Dem soldiers eh have no heart, they not die hards like soldiers from the 70s. Now if was the soldiers from the 70s they woulda win this cup without kicking ah ball.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2012, 06:32:22 PM »
Any matches on this weekend?

VB

Next round is 9th Jan.  Pro League games at weekend starting with Caledonia vs Central F.C. 6pm at HC.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2012, 07:48:31 PM »
Stokely Vale 2 - 1 Defence Force

wow!!!!!

Double Wow!!!

Dem soldiers eh have no heart, they not die hards like soldiers from the 70s. Now if was the soldiers from the 70s they woulda win this cup without kicking ah ball.

Not quite so. The DF of the 70s had some of the best players in TT. Now the PFL has siphoned a lot of good players who would have gone to DF. In the 70s, the DF 2nd XI could and use to beat other teams. Not now.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bass double leads T&TEC into FA quarters
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2012, 09:51:20 PM »
Bass double leads T&TEC into FA quarters
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian)

Bevon Bass scored a second-half brace as T&TEC whipped Enterprise Youths 3-1 in one of three early T&T Football Federation FA Trophy round-of-16 matches yesterday to secure a quarterfinal spot.

The Electricity Boys of the Digicel T&T Pro League got off to a great start when Kern Peters netted as early as the seventh minute at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella, but former national youth team striker Ryan Frederick replied for Enterprise of the Central Football Association in the 20th for a 1-1 half-time score.

Twelve minutes after the restart, Bass got his first to restore T&TEC’s one-goal advantage before he added another, five minutes from full-time to seal his team’s passage into the last eight.

Cunupia FC, champions of the CFA Premier Division, and Southern Football Association Petrotrin Super League Premier Division winner Pt Fortin Civic Centre also advanced 3-2 and 2-0 over Mathura FC and Joe Public (Super League), respectively.

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2012, 10:22:08 PM »
F.A. Trophy Quarter Finals   9th January  Venues to be announced

Point Fortin Civic Centre vs T&TEC
Cunupia F.C. vs North East Stars
Central F.C. vs Shiva Boys (Ato Boldon we believe)
Caledonia AIA vs Stokely Vale

Hmmm....all the Pro League teams avoided each other  :thinking:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2012, 10:24:59 PM »
Hmmm....all the Pro League teams avoided each other 

They want to make things interesting.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #159 on: December 22, 2012, 06:57:09 AM »
FA holder Caledonia sneaks into quarters.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

Soca Warriors defender Aubrey David got the lone goal as title-holder Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA continued the defence of it T&T Football Federation FA Trophy crown with a hard fought 1-0 win over Joe Public (Eastern Football Association) at the Maracas Recreation Ground on Wednesday night.

David, one of five members of the Caledonia squad who helped T&T to a second place finish at the just concluded Caribbean Cup in St John’s, Antigua on Sunday, losing 1-0 to Cuba in the final, fired in the decisive item in the 75th minute in their round-of-16 encounter to secure a quarterfinal clash with giant killers Stokely Vale when the tournament resumes on January 9.

For Wednesday’s encounter, Caledonia coach Jerry Moe opted not to use his other T&T internationals in Densil Theobald, Ataullah Guerra, Keyon Edwards and Jamal Gay and that decision against a defensive minded Joe Public almost cost his team.

Read More

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: 2012/13 T&T FA-Cup Thread.
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2013, 05:13:59 AM »
Oliver heads Central FC into FA final.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Veteran midfielder Marvin Oliver was the toast of Central FC after his second-half header earned the Couva-based club a 1-0 win over T&TEC in an all-Digicel T&T Pro League FA Trophy semifinal at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, on Wednesday.

Central FC, featuring new signings Antiguan Peter Byers, Jason Marcano and Weslie John, started the brighter and should have gone ahead after six minutes.

However, Marcano’s dangerous free kick to the far post was missed by two of his lunging teammates and five minutes later the nippy attacker sent in another cross which John directed straight at goalkeeper Akini Adams.

T&TEC captain Keeron Benito had his team’s first real effort on goal when he tested goalkeeper Marvin Phillip in the 17th minute and soon after at the other end, Adams was forced into more action when he denied a long-distance blast from former Puerto Rico Islanders striker Justin Fojo to keep the score goalless.

And when the Central FC attack did manage to get past Adams, it was denied by the woodwork as was the case in the 22nd minute when Byers passed to Marcano only to see the effort whisk past the T&TEC custodian but canon off the crossbar.

Despite their lack of fortune, Central continued to push for the opener with Oliver hitting overbar in the 35th minute as both teams went into the break still in search of the opener.

Read More

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Central FC vs Caledonia - 2013 FA Cup Final Thread.
« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2013, 06:11:44 AM »
Caledonia chases third FA title
...Central ‘Sharks’ ready to bite
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

With no money at stake for the winners, Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA will be hoping to use the motivation of a chance to join an illustrious group of clubs to have won back-to-back T&T Football Federation FA Trophy titles when it comes up against Pro League newcomers and first time finalist Central FC in the final at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, from 8 pm tonight.

Over the previous 82 editions of the competition which was first held in 1927 and won then by the now defunct Shamrock (three-time champions), seven clubs have won consecutive FA Trophies.

They include four-time winners Everton (1929–32), three-time champions Colts (1944–45), six-time champs United British Oilfields Trinidad (1950–51), joint record seven-time holders Malvern United (1960–61) and Maple Club (1970–72) as well as two-time victors Aviation Services Limited (ASEL) Sports Club (1982–83), and three-time champions Direct TV W Connection (1999–2000).

Last year, Caledonia won its second FA trophy 1-0 over Defence Force via an 81st minute strike from Devorn Jorsling to add to its 2008 triumph, a 3-2 win over W Connection.

This time, Caledonia coach Jerry Moe will have to do without Jorsling who has since returned to his job as a Defence Force member while Radanfah Abu Bakr, Walter Moore, Atuallah Guerra, Trayon Bobb, Daniel Wilson, Cornelius Stewart and Conrad Smith are all overseas.

In their absence, the club recruited goalkeeper Shemel Louision, Jamille Boatswain, Akeem Thomas, Miguel Alejandro Romeo, and Shemol Trimmingham in the January transfer window and the quintet have settled in nicely at the club, helping it to second spot on the Digicel Pro League following a hard fought 3-2 win over St Ann’s Rangers on Saturday last and keen to pick up some prestigious silverware.

Read More.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Central FC vs Caledonia - 2013 FA Cup Final Thread.
« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2013, 06:11:53 AM »

Raymond Tim Kee, president of the T&T Football Federation, stands behind the prized trophy, flanked by Central FC’s captain Marc Leslie, right, and Stephan David, captain of Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA, at the press pre-match briefing for today’s TTFF FA Trophy final which was held at TTFF’s head office in Woodbrook, on Wednesday. Photo: Anthony Harris
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:28:30 AM by Tallman »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2013, 06:16:15 AM »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 01, 2013, 06:57:53 AM »
Location-wise I should be rooting for Cale, but I like what Central is bringing to the league, so do your thing FS and co
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2013, 07:27:32 AM »
Location-wise I should be rooting for Cale, but I like what Central is bringing to the league, so do your thing FS and co

Yeah, we're just like Man U or Barca....fans from all over the place  :rotfl:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2013, 08:08:46 AM »
Blaze they ass Central..... beat that Guyanese 11.

Is i95.5 bringing this game or is Andre Baptiste still smelling Tim Kee kakahole ?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2013, 08:16:15 AM »

Is i95.5 bringing this game or is Andre Baptiste still smelling Tim Kee kakahole ?

No idea, mate! It's the F.A. Trophy, traditionally the biggest and most prestigious cup in any nation. But no one seems to care!  :frustrated:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 01, 2013, 10:39:43 AM »
List of FA-Cup Champs.

Flex, there is an error in this list. In the 1976 edition, Essex beat TECSA at PSA 1-0, Sammy Lewellyn scored the only goal. I know, because I played for Essex. The greatest night in my ball-jumbie career. My "gold" medal is now some kind of bronze colour. I honestly don't think that list is correct. Geez, TTFF don't even have proper records of their premier event :banginghead:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:50:07 AM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 01, 2013, 10:46:18 AM »

No idea, mate! It's the F.A. Trophy, traditionally the biggest and most prestigious cup in any nation. But no one seems to care!  :frustrated:

FS, you in TT at the wrong time as it pertains to football. The FA long ago was a marquee competition. Jack and them made Toyota cup the marquee event. They could have had Toyota sponsor that tournament. Toyota FA or something like that. But I will say again without regret. As long as Black people don't get their own businesses and put money into sport they participate in, these sports clubs and associations will struggle to survive.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #171 on: March 01, 2013, 10:49:01 AM »
Deeks, I will make the correction now...

According to you.

Essex won the 1976 FA Cup, they beat TECSA 1-0 in the final, right ?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 01, 2013, 11:02:46 AM »
May the best team win. But I bias to Central for a number of reasons. Well, FS interacts on the forum and contributes greatly to football discussion. Plus he enter into the brutal football gayelle of TT. He and Sancho and the rest getting good bwah, but they seemed to be holding firm.... for now at least. They are trying to make themselves a community team with the charity stuff they do outside of football.   I also like the East POS community spirit of AIA. Me eh have no brief against Shabazz as a baller. All football teams does struggle. I wish they were streaming this game. Empty stadium or not.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #173 on: March 01, 2013, 11:56:58 AM »
Good luck Central. But I find it ironic that Brent and dem couldn't seize this trophy during their raid on the TTFF, but when you win it yuh have to give it back. Maybe the rastamen and dem could tell yuh where yuh could get a good dime bag for it.  :whistling:
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 01, 2013, 01:24:42 PM »
Deeks, I will make the correction now...

According to you.

Essex won the 1976 FA Cup, they beat TECSA 1-0 in the final, right ?

Flex, unless I was in twilight zone, I know for certain I played in the 1976 FA final against Coops and TECSA. That is TTFF error, not yours. Essex also won the D2 of the NSL and got promoted to Div 1. I left TT in Jan 77.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 01, 2013, 01:48:36 PM »
Flex, I eh picking you. You doing great service for the forum. But I think Boissiere Youths won in 75 vs DF. I think is 3-2. I could be wrong, and if I am, I sincerely apologize.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2013, 02:08:44 PM »
Flex, I eh picking you. You doing great service for the forum. But I think Boissiere Youths won in 75 vs DF. I think is 3-2. I could be wrong, and if I am, I sincerely apologize.

Dont feel bad man, but I cannot make any corrections unless you are 100%....

Make some calls nah... your word is better than the TTFF in a million ways....

And what is TECSA the abbreviation for?

;D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 02:10:17 PM by Flex »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2013, 06:27:12 PM »
I should b here meh plans eh pan out. I have peeps in both clubs so may d best team on d day win.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2013, 06:33:16 PM »
Live on WI tv. So Allyuh stop complaining
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2013, 07:12:57 PM »
Tunapuna E C School Association.

1]; } ?>