April 27, 2024, 06:13:33 PM

Author Topic: JA V S.A.(R)  (Read 2544 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
JA V S.A.(R)
« on: July 10, 2005, 05:37:24 PM »
ent ah tell allyuh ; dis JA team playing like dey in the HEX. With pride and redemption on the line dem man holding down  big teams fuh good results. Final score 3-3. The intangibles!!!!!! the physical style!!!! the pace!!!! They matching team stride fuh stride. Yuh eh have tuh be pretty, yuh just have tuh get  it done on the field.

South Africa beats Mexico; J.A ties South Africa. Next game Mexico and JA. Dem Yardies surprising people!!!

2nd Half 
48 min » The referee blows for full time. 
44 min » The referee has indicated that 3 minutes will be added to the second half.
43 min » Noble replaces Nomvete for South Africa.
41 min » Hue(Jamaica) delivers the corner kick but the ball was intercepted by South Africa defense.
40 min » South Africa concedes a corner kick.
37 min » Dealey replaces Marshall in Jamaica.
36 min » Jamaica are really pushing forward in search of a fourth goal.
34 min » Goal!!! Jamaica scores! Bennet connects with a nice header.
32 min » Williams strikes a free kick for Jamaica but the ball hits a wall of White
30 min » Ralph replaces Sawyers in Jamaica.
27 min » Nomvete is cautioned by the referee. 
26 min » Marshall(Jamaica) floats a cross in the penalty box but Radebe makes a save.
23 min » Radebe makes a save for South Africa.
19 min » Bennett replaces Johnson in Jamaica.
18 min » Hue attempts a shot from over 2 0metres but fails to make a good connection with the ball and drags the effort well wide.
16 min » Thwala rescues his goalkeeper after a cross floated into the penalty box.
14 min » Stwart gets yellow card after challenging Ndela(S. Africa)
12 min » Bianchi replaces Reselemane in South Africa.
11 min » Goal!!! South Africa scores Nomvete gives his side the advantage again.
10 min » Fuller(Jamaica) one on one with goalkeeper Radebe who makes a terrific save.
9 min » Williams(Jamaica) delivers the corner kick and goalkeeper Rademe makes a save.
8 min » Evans concedes a corner kick for Jamaica.
5 min » Ndela is flagged for offside
3 min » Red card for Gaxa(South Africa) for a hard foul commited.
2 min » Nomvete in the box has an effort on goal but his shot goes over the crossbar.
1 min » The second half begins.
1st Half 
47 min » The referee blows his whistle for half-time. 
44 min » Evans(South Africa) gets a shot blocked.
42 min » Goal!!! Jamaica scores! Stewart connects with a nice header after a corner kick.
41 min » Yellow card for Gaxa (South Africa).
40 min » Goal!!! South Africa scores!Van Heerden delivers the corner kick and Ndela connects with a header.
35 min » Goal!!! Hue scores for Jamaica. 
34 min » Goal!!! South Africa scores! Raselemane.
32 min » Fuller makes a storming run up the left flank, gets in the box but his shot was well saved by Radebe.
31 min » For all the Jamaica team dominance, South Africa goalkeeper Radebe is yet to be tested.
29 min » Yellow card for Scarlett(Jamaica) after a hard foul commited.
27 min » Ndela(S.Africa) is one of the most active players in the attack.
24 min » Radebe makes a save after a shot from Scarlett.
23 min » Johnson(Jamaica) has another chance to give his side an advantage in the first half but his shot goes wide again. 
21 min » Johnson is back in the game, gets in the box, fires a shot but his effort goes well over the crossbar.
19 min » Johnson(Jamaica) is injured on the field.
17 min » Ricketts makes a save for Jamaica.
16 min » Scarelett fires a shot in the penalty box but South Africa goalkeeper makes the save.
12 min » Johnson fires a shot but his effort goes well wide.
7 min » Ndlela finds an opening in the penalty box but is promptly intercepted by Jamaican defense.
6 min » Jamaica have dominated the early stages of this game. 
4 min » Tyron Marshall(Jamaica) fires a shot and Radebe makes a great save.
1 min » Jamaica wearing their traditional yellow jerseys, South Africa are all white.
1 min » South Africa get the game under way.

Good afternoon and welcome to the live webcast of the game between the national teams of Jamaica and South Africa for the first round of the Gold Cup 2005.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 06:04:37 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: JA V S.A.(R)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 06:01:24 PM »
Giving up 3 goals every game will sooner or later catch up with you.  Case in point....Newcastle under Keegan was real exciting but dey paid dearly fuh dey "Matador" defence in de end.  Yuh need BALANCE breddrin.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 06:07:15 PM »
Yeah dat go be they nemisis but fuh now dem yardies matching up wih all dem  teams. I mean look dey have four pts. Boy we have tuh match dem with results. If not ah go take  blows from dem men out here. Oh  gad  look yellow cross all over meh de place. Now ah have tuh paint it over with meh black stripe and red paint.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 06:08:05 PM »
Our players today should have finished off South Africa, after dominating the entire game. Still, in my mind the defence needs alot of work, and i beleieve with time this area will improve. Also good to see my bretherine Jermaine Hue hit a beutiful long range bullet today. I feel South Africa will maul Guatemala in teh next game...and with teh state our defence is in..we could be in for a long day against the Mexicans. Keeping my fingers crossed. 7 goals in 2 games is definately no mean feat..but at the same time conceding 6 is unforgiving.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 06:11:22 PM »
Giving up 3 goals every game will sooner or later catch up with you.  Case in point....Newcastle under Keegan was real exciting but dey paid dearly fuh dey "Matador" defence in de end.  Yuh need BALANCE breddrin.

I agree with you Palos..that defence is very leaky. That was the difference between us beating South africa today.  Guatemala, a team smack in the middle of World Cup wualifying has already conceded 8, and no doubt will concede again vs South africa...How they find themselves occupying third spot in the Hex is beyon me.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 06:22:42 PM »
Yeah dat go be they nemisis but fuh now dem yardies matching up wih all dem  teams. I mean look dey have four pts. Boy we have tuh match dem with results. If not ah go take  blows from dem men out here. Oh  gad  look yellow cross all over meh de place. Now ah have tuh paint it over with meh black stripe and red paint.

Until such time as we have to play Jamaica, we eh have to match dem at all.  Ah know it easy to get caught up in de chat game but de reality is we have to play Panama and Colombia.  Daz all we should be studyin right now.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 06:26:24 PM »

I agree with you Palos..that defence is very leaky. That was the difference between us beating South africa today.  Guatemala, a team smack in the middle of World Cup wualifying has already conceded 8, and no doubt will concede again vs South africa...How they find themselves occupying third spot in the Hex is beyon me.

It still relatively early in de Hex.  Fact is points on the board is points on the board so yuh cyah discount that.  If they are third it's because they have EARNED IT.  This Gold Cup is a totlally different competition.  Yes, I'm sure Guatemala must be extremely disappointed in their performance thus far but at the end of the day, were WC qualifying were to finish today, they would be going to Germany.  That's the facts.  I'm sure they would rather perform like this here rather than in WC Qualifying.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 07:04:11 PM »
Our players today should have finished off South Africa, after dominating the entire game. Still, in my mind the defence needs alot of work, and i beleieve with time this area will improve. Also good to see my bretherine Jermaine Hue hit a beutiful long range bullet today. I feel South Africa will maul Guatemala in teh next game...and with teh state our defence is in..we could be in for a long day against the Mexicans. Keeping my fingers crossed. 7 goals in 2 games is definately no mean feat..but at the same time conceding 6 is unforgiving.

That was an excellent match.  JA did not dominate. Nonetheless JA is playing very exciting football.  After looking at both games, it is easy to say that ---right now ---  JA is the best Caribbean team.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 07:13:17 PM »
I eh know about the best but they have the best results. So if we judging by results then that criteria gives them that distinction but.......... leh we see when the night ends where we will be.

Offline aliegordon123

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 08:27:01 PM »
IT IS  still a long road for jamaica.. becuz if s.a beats gautemala and mexico beats jamaica then they are out

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2005, 09:48:02 PM »
Aligordon; Jamacia could make it in as one of the best two third place teams. They have about 7 goals for.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 07:38:07 AM »

That was an excellent match.  JA did not dominate. Nonetheless JA is playing very exciting football.  After looking at both games, it is easy to say that ---right now ---  JA is the best Caribbean team.

Jamaica dominated the game in terms of chances created....from beginning to end. According to what Isw on TV.

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 07:42:11 AM »
jamaica playing well but giving up too many goals
mistakes are stepping stones to success

1]; } ?>