March 28, 2024, 04:46:51 PM

Author Topic: T&T vs Panama Thread.  (Read 15090 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T vs Panama Thread.
« on: July 08, 2005, 11:07:28 AM »
Greetings:

As usual, any updates/scores on the game vs Panama will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look to scrappy with un-necessary headlines and postings.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at these sites:

* SW Online.
* SW Online Live Chat.
* Gold Cup Official Site.
* Vibe 105fm.

N.American TV Viewers:
Sat, 9 July - 7:00 pm - Galavision - Panama vs. Trinidad & Tobago.

T&T TV Viewers:
Sat, 9 July - 7:00 pm - TV-6 - Panama vs. Trinidad & Tobago.

Head To Head Gold Cup Battle:

Never met in a Gold Cup match.

Groups, Standings & News.

Crew Meet Up;

According to Tallman, as far as seating arrangements go, there hasn't been a general consensus, but I think we will sit in the K or L section (right by the 18 yard line next to the scoreboard). That is where I always sit when I go there.

More T&T Supporters.

Gold Cup Prediction Standings after second day:

Players  HT  FT  GoalScorers  Total

Supporter .......1  1  4  6
Socapro ..........1  4  1  6
Touches .........0  2  3  5
Sam ...............0  2  3  5
Flex ................0  2  3  5
dwolfman ........0  5  0  5
Dtool ..............1  2  2  5
Soccerdaddy ....0  2  2  4
Sando .............0  2  2  4
Samo ..............0  2  2  4
Real Madness ....0  1  3  4
Tongue ...........1  1  1  3
Andre Samuel ...0  2  1  3
Spideybuff ........1  1  0  2
Jah Goal ...........0  2  0  2
Trinimuse ..........0  0  0  0
Palos ................0  0  0  0

Join the prediction today.

Good Luck Trinidad & Tobago Warriors.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 12:14:18 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Panama Thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 12:56:29 PM »
just to let you know the real score of the game on sat 9th july 2005

T&T: 2                    PANAMA: 1

(birchall (40)             (dely   (80)
(john  (55)

Offline sting_pana

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 02:11:19 PM »
Poor man!

WE BEAT COLUMBIA!!!

It's IMPOSIBLE, I mean IMPOSIBLE that Your SQUAD can beat Columbia!

And YUH think You can beat us?

BULLSHIT!!!!

We have new players that not played in thye last meet!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 02:24:13 PM »
Poor man!

WE BEAT COLUMBIA!!!

It's IMPOSIBLE, I mean IMPOSIBLE that Your SQUAD can beat Columbia!

And YUH think You can beat us?

BULLSHIT!!!!

We have new players that not played in thye last meet!

Stingk Panty you really funny boy.. what new players allyuh have? two 40 year old twins who played when we give allyuh 6... The lil youth man keeper good and he win tha game for allyuh but luck does only last so long ... and fyi our squad can and has beaten Columbia in that same Orange bowl... check your history
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 02:36:47 PM »
Panama could get another “Dennis” blow.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Scottish-based striker Collin Samuel could force his way into Leo Beenhakker’s start team for Trinidad and Tobago’s second 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup encounter against Panama at the Orange Bowl Stadium from 7pm on Saturday.
The Dundee United striker came off the bench in Wednesday’s 1-1 draw with Honduras to play in an outside left position and almost stole the winner when his shot late in the game crashed off the top of the crossbar and he also a close penalty call go against him.
That seemed to be enough to convince Beenhakker that the striker from North Manzanilla was worthy of a start as the “Warriors” go after a win to strengthen their chances of reaching the quarter-finals.
The “Warriors” had Thursday off but were back on the training pitch on Friday morning, this time at St Thomas’ University which was not favoured by Beenhakker as the playing surface there was below standard. Nevertheless, Beenhakker got in a 75 minute session with his players.
He was however left contemplating whether the team could have one other session late on Friday as weather conditions threatened to worsen following the Hurricane Dennis warnings.
“We were not happy with the ground this morning and I have been left hoping that we can train one more time weather permitting,” Beenhakker said.
Second session or not, skipper Stern John and company realize that they must win to gain some comfort ahead of Monday’s closing group match against Colombia. And while tall defender Dennis Lawrence was a hero back in Port of Spain last month with the second goal against the Panamanians, he no doubt will be looking to inflict another “hurricane” blow on them this time around.
"It’s a big game for us again,” John told TTFF Media following the session. “We know we need to win this one to get through to the quarter final stage. It’s not going to be easy because the Panama team is a bit different with the Valdes brothers back in the team and they will be coming at us after the game we won last month. But we know we, including myself as the skipper, need to work harder in this game to pull it off.
Samuel too was raring to go in what is his second Gold Cup appearance, having been in the team for 2002 tournament under Rene Simoes.
“I’ll be delighted to have a chance of starting this game and especially if I can get on the scoresheet and help the team to a win. I really thought the shot in the last game was going in. I went for it at first and then said maybe I should move in a bit closer. The shot took a deflection off the defender so maybe that’s why it went that high. But tomorrow I could get the chance to play in what I see as my favourite position on the left so hopefully I can do some damage,” the former Falkirk striker said.
Though taking part in light training on Friday, midfielder Carlos Edwards and Brent Sancho are still unlikely to feature in Saturday’s match which will precede a second game between Colombia and Honduras. Only Glenton Wolfe with a hamstring blow, was able to take part in the full session. The team is not expected to feature any further changes with Kelvin Jack sure to keep his spot following a solid display in the goal against Honduras while the defense including Avery John and Cyd Gray was able to hold its own.
“This is an important game for us simply because it is in fact the next game,” Beenhakker told TTFF Media. “We know how Panama plays and they know how we play. We still have to play them in a next World Cup qualifying match. This time it’s a situation where both teams are trying to progress in the Gold Cup,” was all he added on the encounter.
Panama’s Jose Hernandez said his team would be going for the win.
“It’s an important game for us. Trinidad beat us  a couple weeks ago and we know they are a strong team but we will try our best to make things happen differently this time,” he said.
For Saturday’s game, a larger T&T presence is expected in the stands with at least 400 strong supporters along with a  “Warrior Girls” section backed by steelpan and tassa rhythm sections set to cheer on Beenhakker’s men.

Click here for photos from Friday's session.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 03:52:09 PM »
Panama could get another “Dennis” blow.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Scottish-based striker Collin Samuel could force his way into Leo Beenhakker’s start team for Trinidad and Tobago’s second 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup encounter against Panama at the Orange Bowl Stadium from 7pm on Saturday.
"It’s a big game for us again,” John told TTFF Media following the session. “We know we need to win this one to get through to the quarter final stage. It’s not going to be easy because the Panama team is a bit different with the Valdes brothers back in the team and they will be coming at us after the game we won last month. But we know we, including myself as the skipper, need to work harder in this game to pull it off.

But tomorrow I could get the chance to play in what I see as my favourite position on the left so hopefully I can do some damage,” the former Falkirk striker said.
Though taking part in light training on Friday, midfielder Carlos Edwards and Brent Sancho are still unlikely to feature in Saturday’s match which will precede a second game between Colombia and Honduras. Only Glenton Wolfe with a hamstring blow, was able to take part in the full session. The team is not expected to feature any further changes with Kelvin Jack sure to keep his spot following a solid display in the goal against Honduras while the defense including Avery John and Cyd Gray was able to hold its own.

So the main things in this is that Stern seems certain to be playing/ at least starting. And he love that captain armband although it's not the first time he captain the team.

Samuel seems certain to start on the left and it sound like he want that position so hopefully he goes out there and stamp his name there. That's a good thing.
Edwards and Sancho still not 100% so they out.
Based on the info Cyd Gray will start again. He didn't do too bad so that is not bad info. But it only bad if Rahim is starting because there was no chemistry or understanding there at all.

Either way the squad should be able beat Panama but hopefully Carlos is back for Columbia.

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 04:32:52 PM »
Stinkpunanny:

Surprised you're back. One round of ass-whooping not good enough. You actually have the stones to show your face here. You beat Columbia by the grace of god. Don't expect the same against us or Honduras for that matter.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 02:34:34 AM »
T&T vs Panama game postponed 24, Spann injured.
T&T Express.

Hurricane Dennis disrupts Gold Cup.
The advancing Force 4 Hurricane Dennis has caused a 24-hour delay in each of the next two game days of the CONCACAF Gold Cup Group A at Miami's Orange Bowl.
The seriousness of the storm, which has already caused havoc in parts of the Caribbean, especially Cuba, led to State and City of Miami authorities ordering many emergency procedures, including the closing of the Orange Bowl.
The double-header scheduled for tonight at the Orange Bowl will now be played tomorrow, with Honduras versus Colombia at 19:00 and then Panama up against Trinidad and Tobago at 21:00.
The matches scheduled for Monday will now go ahead on Tuesday, with Colombia versus Trinidad and Tobago at 17:00 and then Honduras playing Panama at 19:00.
CONCACAF general secretary Chuck Blazer said: "We are sorry for the fans, both at the Orange Bowl and in front of their TV sets, who were anticipating the Gold Cup games on their scheduled days but we understand full well why the decision was made. It is better to be safe than sorry."
And Trinidad and Tobago's 'Warriors' were bedded down at the Intercontinental Hotel in Miami yesterday because of the poor weather conditions, reports Ian Prescott.
The hurricane was located well over 100 miles away, but at 6.45 p.m. yesterday, the effects were being felt in Miami. Fair conditions were quickly giving way to scathing rain and swirling winds that were bending trees.
At the Intercontinental Hotel, Sam Phillip, one of T&T's two assistant managers, said the Warriors have been virtually corralled at their hotel and no one was going anywhere until conditions improved.
"Right now, there is plenty wind out there so no one is going nowhere. None of the teams have been able to train this afternoon."
With Dennis predicted to move somewhere between Louisiana and Miami, and with a hurricane watch out for Miami, Dade County where the Orange Bowl is located, the Warriors are making only tentative plans.
"Well, we still have training planned for the morning and the match against Panama tomorrow night, but for now we can't really make any plans. We just have to wait and see," said Phillip. Midfielder Silvio Spann picked up a slight injury during yesterday's morning session.

Yesterday's Group C Results:

RSA 2 (Philip Davis, Elrio Van Heerden) vs MEX 1 (Francisco Rodriguez).

JAM 4 (Luton Shelton, Ricardo Fuller, Andy Williams, Jermaine Hue) vs GUA 3 (Carlos Ruiz 3).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 02:52:45 AM by Flex »

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 06:27:51 AM »
it real windy and raining hard.  Electricity gone in meh hotel and is only meh lap top battery dat leh meh get online.

I eh so syre dat de game go play tommorow either nah. 

On anodder note, Miami and ft Lauderdale real sweet we.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 01:23:26 PM »
Stink panty is real kicks in trut oui ..

But de man have ballz..!!  Thats my assumption anyway>!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 01:28:10 PM »
Flex is spann out injured for d game or will he be able to play on sunday?   also..please post our injured list that will miss the panama game  thanks
tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2005, 03:03:30 PM »
I will get an update for you.... standby..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2005, 04:43:22 PM »
Spann and Charles is ok... no injury... never had...

Edwards and Wolfe slight, Sancho have it a lil bad, he needs about 7 - 9 days recovery....
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 05:14:05 PM by Flex »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2005, 06:15:42 PM »
thanks man     gud news   hope sanch recovers fast
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2005, 11:04:40 AM »
Panama have 4 yellow cards..

Felipe Baloy (Brazilian Based Defender)
Carlos Rivera
Julio Medina
Alberto Blanco

T&T have 2..

Brent Rahim
Avery John

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2005, 03:54:24 PM »
Dis dotish Panamanian eh know we bus Columbia arse before.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2005, 07:25:01 PM »

Stern just gave up one

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2005, 07:33:26 PM »
DOg scores !!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2005, 07:38:14 PM »
Was it Dog or Stern?  Murray sayin is Stern.  Lawrence now get book.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2005, 07:38:55 PM »
how is spann and colin samuel looking and what position are they both playing?

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2005, 07:45:49 PM »

Silly goal by panama

Spann looks very very good

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2005, 07:49:59 PM »

Panamanians roughing up Stern every chance that they get

Spann just had an excellent shot on goal

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2005, 07:50:58 PM »
the play by play shocks
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2005, 08:01:01 PM »
stern not doing anything at all

Offline soccerdaddy

• New Warrior
  • Quite Respectable Chap
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2005, 08:04:11 PM »
Fellas lets get real. Cyd Gray have no right to be on the field. What is beenie man doing. How the hell you could try to head a ball that is at ground level. Why is Atiba Charles not in the game?
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2005, 08:04:31 PM »
Boy Cyd Gray look good headin dat ball dat was rollin on the ground.
Great effort. It led to a goal being scored AGAINST us
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2005, 08:07:25 PM »
atiba charles for gray...dammit...dem boy looking bun....why have a midfield if the defence not using Birchall, spann and samuel?

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2005, 08:10:37 PM »
we looking fairly ok...what formation we playing?..4-3-3 or a diamond 4 in the middle?..thats what i was saying before that we have to play more narrow instead of the wing thing.
I like how Spann dropping deep now and then to pick up the ball and spread it but then the other side to that is Birchall and the rest of the midfield not getting involved much so far cause the ball missing the midfield when it going upfield due to the defence playing too much long ball up to Stern...I won't even bother commenting on Stern john and Cyd Gray,they just making man flecking blood pressure go up.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 08:13:49 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2005, 08:15:43 PM »
so we looking alright?

beenie still experimenting or what?

1]; } ?>