March 28, 2024, 06:34:04 PM

Author Topic: T&T vs Panama Thread.  (Read 15091 times)

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Panama Thread.
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2005, 08:30:18 PM »
the midfield has not been involved in any plays as yet... the game kinda boring actually. No knocking of any sorts

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2005, 08:34:15 PM »
the referee is a asshole too... giving dog a yellow card for a 50/50 challenge

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2005, 08:41:24 PM »
great save by jack...i fustrated with these impossible passes tt tryingto force and giving away de ball

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2005, 08:54:38 PM »
Stern not helping the team at all, last time I checked, this was a team sport... BENCH him!!!!!!1

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2005, 09:01:32 PM »
well panama just score 2-1

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2005, 09:02:57 PM »
I cannot believe that Stern is going two games playing like this and not getting subbed. His performance is dimal at best and we have Glenn on the bench.

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2005, 09:03:20 PM »
we come back and score.. beautiful header by glenn

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2005, 09:05:44 PM »
check my posts, i have been calling for cornell glenn to play on d left for a very long time now.
poi shot cornell
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2005, 09:06:15 PM »
Game done 2-2

After 2 rounds:

Honduras - 4
Panama - 4
T&T -2
Columbia -0

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2005, 09:07:00 PM »
i have been sayin Glen could be on the left
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline soccerdaddy

• New Warrior
  • Quite Respectable Chap
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2005, 09:07:29 PM »
Why the hell glenn has not played before. I cyah believe this entire message board recognise that stern needs to be subbed and beenie not doing shit. I am so mad.
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2005, 09:09:05 PM »
boy now we had to win de columbia game to qualify for de next round...presssureee!!!

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2005, 09:10:11 PM »
what can i say..this was a real crap game and the referee didn't help either.our second half was poor,we didn't create anything at all from open play except the goal in the dregs.i hope kelvin jack saw the benefit of releasing the ball early as the panama keeper did and he still parrying too much balls.what position was Spann playing in the second half?...was it as a headless chicken?
and now we need to beat colombia to guarantee a spot or draw and wait and then they going to hit we bout flipping 4.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 09:12:27 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2005, 09:11:19 PM »
that was close.

we need a tie against colombia to go through as a thrid place team. that will give us 3 pts.

jam, s. africa, and mex. look likely to go through. if we going through as a # 3 we fighting it out with the cuba-canada winner (both on 0 points). if they tie, we set.

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2005, 09:11:43 PM »
boy now we had to win de columbia game to qualify for de next round...presssureee!!!

not only that, we have to watch how the panama vs honduras game plays out
if they draw and hopefully we win, then it will be down to goals scored/difference

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2005, 09:14:52 PM »
So I guess we have to beat Colombia to get at least 3rd spot and hopefully that might be a best 3rd place result, we could still win the group but that seems unlikely now. I don't know what else to say, Father help us.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2005, 09:16:00 PM »
God it late!

if we win by 2 goals we through reguardless of the Hond-Panama result

if we draw good chance to go through as third place team due to Canada and Cuba having nil points, Canada would have to win by 4 and cuba by 6 to be sure of knocking us out!

come on T&T just doh loss guys!!!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 09:23:06 PM by Rodney »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2005, 09:16:17 PM »
...I don't know what else to say, Father help us.

I think He did tonight.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2005, 09:16:23 PM »
anybody know the average age of the team?...i feel is close to 30 and thats too damn old and especially none of them fellas any special or irreplaceable.As soon as this WC campaign doen is to drop every one of them.
I feel i made a bad investment in going to Hartford..i shoulda gone Vegas instead again yes..but then again i have to support my country.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 09:17:57 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2005, 09:25:34 PM »
...I don't know what else to say, Father help us.

I think He did tonight.

You know, you're damn right. Two mediocre preformances at best and we're damn lucky to have two points. Is the Canada Cuba game before our next game, since the games have shifted I'm not entirely sure. 

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2005, 09:28:22 PM »
i think they both on tuesday. can-cub might be later due to time zones.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2005, 09:28:47 PM »
On gamecast on Soccernet, they're saying Colin Samuel scored, GoldCup saying it's Glenn.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2005, 09:30:20 PM »
It has been a while since I have posted anything on the site but all I have to say is "Bench Stern."  We cannot continue to pick players purely on past performance.  Give the youngs a chance and let Stern look on from de bench.

Having seen Stern in action, I now know why the Coventry City fans were so hard on him.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2005, 09:39:32 PM »
Well ah had a good lime on the chat and listening tuh the game on 105. Based on the following, I would conclude that Panama certainly had avery formidable attack and had the majority of the possessions.

All yuh could hear was Tajada. Moreno and Medina. These men were dangerous. We have to consider that Panama had some very good results aganist Mexico and the Usa prior to losing to us. They proably came to us on a high and underestimated us in teh WCQ; we were at a low and needed a win.

Tonight that team was a different story. They applied real pressure on our defense. Keep in mind all our starting defense are with yellow cards!!!!!!!!!

It appears that Birchall was due to for astinker of a game; tonight the man was off, but you know ah  feel that man has the quality to bounce back from this game and show a different game face next game.

The jury is till out on Stern; I know we need a striker a bonafide striker like a Borgettie from Mexico or a Ruiz. I am not the coach and far from me to tell aman of Beenie's experience and knoweldge what to do. But in mu humble opinion Stern has consistently shown that he is ineffective;  It's time to make a call and BENCH that man for the next game.

Fo rhis first game under Beenie, Spann had a crediable game; three shots two over the bar and one wide. Keep that man in the starting line up. Start Cornel Glen; he deserves it. Coming off the bench with 8 minutes to go scoring that crucial goal and showing the  passion as he did; all this after getting cut from the last  WCQ. This is the kind of fortitute and passion , desire and determination we need to  see form our players.

Undoubtly we have to have a decisive win over Columbia. I said this again and again; this game was not going to be easy nor was it a sure thing to win. I knew Panama would be altering their attack and approach to this game. LESSON LEARNED: YUH CYAR TAKE ANY GAME FUH GRANTED!!!!!!

Columbia will be no push over; Those Latin teams  startegy is to come at us early and  raise the pepper under we skin; yes we have to be physical, but we have to play smart. We have to control  the game and maintain possession. Tonight's game showed what happens with the slightest mistake at this level. Yes Gray misplayed the  ball but who was marking Tajada?

We have to be ready for Columbia; Every game is a playoff or us. Our soccer road is not paved with GOLD nor GOALS. we have to be so ready or else we back in training for August!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 09:41:08 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2005, 09:51:13 PM »

Everyone is saying bench Stern John and those in authority not listening.  Maybe Beenhaker has seen enough yet.  I add my voice to the chorus   bench Stern John , give the unknowns a chance.   There are two strikers who play for Arnos Vale: Michael Carrington, and Emo, they and all the other previously mentioned should be given a tryout.

My vote for man of the match is Marvin Andrews.  He had an excellent game.  The yellow card was very unfair.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2005, 09:56:53 PM »
Fellas ah feel this one.....thank you for everybody posting and keep we updated.  To the fellas that went down ah know you dissappointed but ofcourse the lime was good  ;D . If history repeats itself i would say that we would most likely beat Columbia because we expected to loss.  Why do we alway have to put ourselves in these kinda positions.... ???   Any body here a shrink our have any views.

On the Sten issue:  Check the video of the goal the white boy score...and tell me you who you think Stern giving thumbs up to?  ;D  The man in with Beenie...I think

God bless all ah allyuh fellas and your lives.  Flex boy this is one of the few places where Trini people could retain their ethnicity and culture.  Thanks
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2005, 10:00:37 PM »
Preacher: ah like what  yuh say here:"Flex boy this is one of the few places where Trini people could retain their ethnicity and culture.  Thanks"

I second this !!!!!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2005, 10:01:22 PM »
I WILL SAY IT FOR THE 86TH TIME- PLAY CORNELL MORE OFTEN!!PLEASE! BENCH WHINY ASS STERN.

what a horrible performance by all the players. glen,dog and smauel the only ones that play decent.  now its a must win vs colombia. this is easily the worst performance by the socawarriors under leo thus far.
Hart for president

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2005, 10:02:17 PM »
We ent play to win, we did not play positive football in any way and a draw is a decent result.

The game shoulda end up 1-0 or 2-1 when Andrews hit the post.

Marvin Andrews is man of the match.....doe mind the 2nd Panamanian goal.

Spann is a worker, Whitley yuh lorse yuh place.

Samuel is the man for now on the left.

Upfront......oh lorse Beenie please put Stern on the bench and Start Glenn or Jones.

Cyd....that had to be the GOAT play of the century. Is like an attack of dunceeness hit him. Why you would bend down, kneel and stretch to put yuh head on a ball the height of a blade of grass. Then to make matters worse yuh butt the ground instead of the ball, and the ball hit yuh head and spin away.

Cyd son......yuh recover eh and had a ok game but with that play I feel Atiba going and replace yuh next game.

CLAP CLAP CALP to Glenn..........what a jump and header. Thank YOU

CLAP CLAP CALP to Eve.....yuh run on and move lil jokey but that final play and cross pay for yuh plane ticket to miami.

CLAP CLAP CLAP to Jones, I like how yuh show some muscle and fight and the willingness to run at men.......I will have to give you a small tap on yuh head for passing the ball to Stern in the box instead of unleashing a bullet....c'mon, you just rip 5 men and run from the half line...... be a HERO!

Birchall.....were you on the field? you were too quiet today, the freekicks were not good and yuh passing was a let down. tighten yuh belt and Adjust yuhself for the next game.

Scotland not too bad, but not too good neither.

Theobold.......breds yuh have a a doubles paper finish. Light light and little substance, just barely getting the job done. You make the TV highlight clip 4 times, and each time you was on the ground coming second. You need some gym and some lasco.

Spann.....Clap clap clap, you was lil lost second half but yuh see them blade yuh pelt breds and the balls you win. Big play. I like the attempt to shoot at goal.........yes you do something we fwds ent do whole game, take a clap for that. Also the passing was good, hope to see you next to Birchall next game.

Tallest handle it cyar complain, Avery also do he wuk..in fact the defence play good except the piece of shit play that cyd put down. If cyd didnt do that we woulda have a good game.

Finally I am certain now that the team play to Leo instructions with that long ball hit and hope to Stern.........so beenie take a steups for that.

No way a whole 90 min could pass and not one play run the the two center mids. Birchall ent get one pass, neither did Spann. Every ball they get was a scruffle ball that they intercept or tackle a man for.

This side missing Edwards and Yorke badly. but I think the new look midfield with Samue or Glenn. Or a upfront Yorke, Jones/glenn combo will fix this team.

I want you posters to look at all the top teams in the world and even those in this gold cup. No successful one have a trap and screen fwd
duo unwilling to run at goal. All of them have men with speed who could take it to you. Imagine TT get some counter attack and we run fwd to stop and cut back and pass the ball back to the keeper. Is to continue runing and spank something at the goal.

But Leo bring one postive to the team......we score from a Set piece, and we hit the bar on a set piece. Something that ent happen in a long long time.

The team revealing itself, and the more men play is the more they proving to we they ent cutting it.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2005, 10:04:17 PM »
I WILL SAY IT FOR THE 86TH TIME- PLAY CORNELL MORE OFTEN!!PLEASE! BENCH WHINY ASS STERN.

what a horrible performance by all the players. glen,dog and smauel the only ones that play decent.  now its a must win vs colombia. this is easily the worst performance by the socawarriors under leo thus far.

Spann played well until he get bun... Eve played his 15 mins well also...Glen and Dog really showed hunger tonight... they really wanted this game....

I will also add Lawrence he played well too man
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>