March 29, 2024, 09:56:50 AM

Author Topic: T&T vs Panama Thread.  (Read 15094 times)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Panama Thread.
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2005, 10:06:38 PM »
yeah,i give sp[ann some credit, he look like the only one realling caring. however,lawerence pick up a needless card and was at fault for the 1st panama goal(along with gray) for not marking his man.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 10:08:59 PM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2005, 10:10:07 PM »
Stern John fell 8 times, some without even touching the ball...

Spann is a boss...

4 weak links today, Gray, Birchall, Stern (every game) and Theobald....

When will it end ??
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2005, 10:12:18 PM »
When will it end ??

August 17 in Hartford Connecticut...
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2005, 10:16:23 PM »
We ent play to win, we did not play positive football in any way and a draw is a decent result.

What is it about our minds that we seldom harness the potential that we know we have.  The best of football ever look was with the Strike squad.  Not that they started out with a great team they became that.  I meet Galye Cummings once for 2hours... and I feel that got a mental edge being around a coach like that.  

Seems like we need some positive re-inforcement our something......

Am I missing something here Alberta wha you think?
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2005, 10:18:03 PM »
Ah think ah use the quote thing wrong Touches only say the first line

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2005, 10:28:08 PM »
Preacher,
You are  on to what defines a championship team; You have heard me say over and over again The mental set is 95% of the game. Our players need to cultivate a sense of what it means to representTNT what it means to play at this level on a consistent basis.

All jokes aside, when you read of men ole talking, dvd and eating prior to a game of this magnitute yuh know someone is thinking this is a party 'outing' filed trip.

If I read  that the coach had these men studying plays, watching film, analyzing plays and going over strategies I would say good. If I know man riding the stationary bike; working out in a gym all dat go indicate a mental set but take nothing aside; yuh have tuh relax the team as well but  is how and when that choice must be made.

That Strike Squad was one of a kind!!!! iI stil have meh golf shirt of that team with all the players name on the back and let meh tell yuh that has been my coaching shirt fuh years. Yuh see that team had a conviction; a work ethic and a determination to leave evrything on the field. Egos were kept in check and men had a one for all attitude. No man was bigger than the team. I have a feeling that  SOME players today, once they have made the professional rank  feels like they deserve automatic place on the team and that they don't have to work hard on the field but that the other man will provide them with the ball!!!!!!!!!!

We need to restore a national pride; a work ethic and a pride about who we arae and what we stand for. We have the potential like you allude to to be a team with finesse , physical attributes, and polish. I believe that Beenie is slowly putting  the piecies together. This game tonight could well be our TURNING POINT.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 10:38:09 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2005, 10:38:19 PM »
Beenhakker is becoming another St Clair, it seems he have faith in certain players as they continue to fail in every game,,, sad.... if it was based on performance Stern John would have been droped from the final 18, even 20.

Stern John is the biggest let down, Densill Theobald is another weak link.

Kelvin Jack should not start, he had one good game vs HON...

Cyd Gray is a mistake waiting to happen, he proved that today when Panama score to tie up the game.

look for full report tomorrow...
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2005, 10:43:07 PM »
WHEY 'STING PANA'?

2nd Half 
48 min » The final whistle is blown.
46 min » Goal!!! Trinidad and Tobago scores! Glen gets an equaliser for his side.
45 min » Goal!!! Panama scores! Tejada gives his side the advantage.
43 min » Avila replaces Phillips in Panama.
40 min » Andrews(Trinidad and Tobago) almost break the deadlock with a nice header that hits the near post and finally Medina rescues his goalkeeper.
39 min » Tejada strikes a free kick for Panama but the ball goes wide.
36 min » Tejada fires a shot but goalkeeper Jack saves for Trinidad and Tobago.
36 min » Penedo makes a save for Panama.
34 min » Medina(Panama) floats a free kick in the penalty box but goalkeeper Jack makes a save.
31 min » Panama are content to retain possession at the moment, confidently knocking the ball around midfield.
28 min » Brown replaces Julio Valdes in Panama
25 min » Jones replaces Scotland in Trinidad and Tobago.
24 min » Eve replaces Theobald in Trinidad and Tobago.
23 min » Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeper Jack makes a save.
21 min » Birchall has a shot blocked.
19 min » Rivera (Panama) is flagged for offside.
16 min » Marvin Andrews is cautioned by the referee, after challenging Mitre from Panama.
12 min » Stern John(Trinidad and Tobago) is flagged for offside.
8 min » Panama has dominated the early stages of the second half.
5 min » Spann commits a foul on Blanco(Panama).
3 min » Trinidad goalkeeper Kelvin Jack makes a save.
2 min » Birchall is cautioned by the referee.
2 min » Blanco replaces Gomez in Panama
1 min » Penedo(Panama) makes a great save after a shot from John.
The second half begins.
1st Half 
45 min » The referee blows for half-time.
44 min » Gray commits a foul on Phillips(Panama).
42 min » Panama are content to retain possession at the moment, confidently knocking the ball around midfield
39 min » Gomez commits a foul on Samuel(TyT).
39 min » Penedo(Panama) makes a save.
37 min » Panama coach, Jose Hernandez, looks concern in the bench.
36 min » Medina fires a shot but the ball is deflected off the legs of Andrews(TyT)
34 min » Baloy(Panama) has also a yellow card.
33 min » Mitre is cautioned by the referee.
30 min » Dely Valdes(Panama) commits a foul.
26 min » Baloy commits a hard foul after challenging Stern John(TyT).
23 min » Goal!!! Panama scores! Luis Tejada takes advantage of some lax defending by Trinidad and Tobago and scores the equaliser.
21 min » Lawrence is cautioned by the referee.
20 min » Panama responds by keeping the possesion of the ball in midfield.
17 min » Goal!!! Trinidad and Tobago scores! Andrews sends the ball into the net.
15 min » Much of the game is being played in midfield at the moment, with both teams looking to pack the centre of the field before feeding long balls to their strikers.
10 min » Mitre commits a foul after challenging Scotland.
8 min » Goalkeeper Jack from Trinidad and Tobago makes a save.
5 min » Stern John(Trinidad and Tobago) fails to connect a cross from Samuel and misses a golden opportunity to score the first goal.
5 min » Penedo(Panama) makes a save.
4 min » Tejada fires a shot from over 25 metres but his effort goes over the crossbar.
2 min » Panamá is wearing red. Trinidad and Tobago are all white.
1 min » The match begins.

Good evening and welcome to the live webcast of the game between the national teams of Panama and Trinidad and Tobago.

nama Trinidad
Penedo

Rivera

Moreno

J. Torres

Baloy |

Medina

Tejeda

Mitre |

Phillips (Avila)

Gómez (Blanco)

Julio Dely Valdes (Brown)

Jack

E. John

Andrews |

Lawrence |

Birchall |

S. John

Spann

Samuel

Gray

Theobald (Eve)

Scotland (Jones)

Coach: José Hernández Coach: Leo Beenhakker
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 10:48:45 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2005, 10:45:43 PM »
Are we still in the running to qualify for the next round. or are we eliminated?

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2005, 11:48:00 PM »
We have to beat Colombia.....

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2005, 12:06:00 AM »
Oh brother, Maybe Stern can pull out a hattrick again, but i know the colombians will be gunning 4 him

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2005, 01:41:48 AM »

Poor Stern.  I feeling sorry for the man.  The coach leaving him out there and he just can't get things going and in the process men calling for he head.  Leo, give the man a rest and bring him on later....maybe he will feel less pressure and will want to prove people wrong.  Would it help if he ignore everybody else and just play for himself with the only mission to score....nothing else...just keep your main focus as scoring and run at everything hard.  I cah even bash the man no more...he need help.

The man get RAPE by a Panama defender (allyuh see dat?) dat just sum up his night. He also managed to block a shot by one of our own players (bad luck maybe but geez an.). 
Dem panamanians was getting on rude in the back there flicking ball and all kinda gallery.

One thing though....coming back to score that goal will do this team a lot of good.  Things not going good now but pieces are being found.  Normally I would be making real noise for Cornell to play but Beenie real systematic...people doh really walk into the side just so.  But if you perform with the little bit of time you get or in training you might get more.

I doh know what to say about Scotland.  Samuel was a real surprise...he cud still cut back on the burgers but it might be a good bit of muscle he carrying as he was very good at challenging the opposition for the ball.....dat was a big plus...and took on a few players (lost it sometimes too).

At one point in the game I looked at the position of our players on the field.  There was a giant gap between the front line and the back line with nothing in between.  There was only the option of hitting a long ball.  There wasn't any skillful midfielder calling for the ball.  They might want to dedicate a couple training session to just dribbling..beatsing and protecting the ball when you can't pass....maybe play some soca to give them some rhythm  ;D

The Trini possee left that stadium celebrating while the Panamanians slunk out after that miracle goal. We will meet them again...right now we have a rivalry going with them and all future games go be real good.  I think they should invite them to the Digicel as a guest team.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2005, 02:07:44 AM »
We seem to be taking plenty pressure in de second half of games. Also, we not kicking a lot of corners. Dat is a stat dat shows yuh how much possession we had in a game in de odder team's half. Usually de team wit de most corners is dominating the possession in de most crucial areas of de field. Correct meh if I'm wrong but ah think we had more yellow cards than corners won 3-2. We had about de same amount of shots - 8 a piece.

Beenie using dis tournament to look at players and try a few things. Now we in a must win situation to move on and play some meaningful games. Ah know we miss Sancho, Yorke and Edwards in our line up. Plenty of us want to see Spann, Glenn, Jones and now Samuel starting. We still playing musical chairs and have Rahim and Theobold playing out of position. Seaton/Whitley out of favour again. Scotland eh really take we by storm.

Dis Gold Cup Campaign has experiment written all over it. I am happy that we are a more physical team and we starting to put ah end to dis soft goal business...although Cyd Gray give we a candid camera moment today. Defensively, we are fairly compact. However, de transition from defense to midfield need to pick up. If our midfielders ending up in well inside we half all de time and dey receiving ball under pressure...wit dey back facing de opposition more often than not, then we eh going far in de GC. De long ball seemed to pop up today.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 02:12:28 AM by Savannah boy »

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2005, 03:06:06 AM »
Are we still in the running to qualify for the next round. or are we eliminated?

God it late!

if we win by 2 goals we through reguardless of the Hond-Panama result

if we draw good chance to go through as third place team due to Canada and Cuba having nil points, Canada would have to win by 4 and cuba by 6 to be sure of knocking us out!

come on T&T just doh loss guys!!!

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2005, 04:15:11 AM »
Some photos fuh allyuh...

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2005, 05:26:12 AM »
How did Chris Birchall play today? Someone said he was a weak link - was it his fault?
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2005, 05:56:15 AM »
chris didn't play well today but the goal scored against us was Gray's fault.
The team looked a little better than the last game but the performance was still very disappointing.
Lawrence, Andrews, Spann, Samuel, Glenn and Eve are to be commended for their performance.
Despite this commendation, they still made mistakes.
The rest real shit down themselves. I know they are better than what they showed.
Men who place on the line or gone:
Cyd Gray
Theobold
Stern
Scotland
Jack (Shaka plz)
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2005, 06:44:02 AM »
Common fellas gih mih a match report nuh :(
Live large and prosper!

Offline sting_pana

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2005, 06:45:48 AM »
Im here!

1. Honduras
2. Panama
3. T&T
4. Columbia

Your squad is behind us! hehe...Can you Think YOU can beat us?.....You are lucky..in the last minute!

Bye and good luck with the Columbians!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2005, 06:49:27 AM »
Im here!

1. Honduras
2. Panama
3. T&T
4. Columbia

Your squad is behind us! hehe...Can you Think YOU can beat us?.....You are lucky..in the last minute!

Bye and good luck with the Columbians!

Haha Pana congrats on qualifying... but can you guys beat us?? you still never have!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline sting_pana

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2005, 06:52:41 AM »
Haha Pana congrats on qualifying... but can you guys beat us?? you still never have!!

Thanks..I'm very happy...I think You not....because Your squad have a VERY difficult game with Columbians.!

Offline bada

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2005, 06:55:34 AM »
Beenhakker is becoming another St Clair, it seems he have faith in certain players as they continue to fail in every game,,, sad.... if it was based on performance Stern John would have been droped from the final 18, even 20.

Stern John is the biggest let down

I have a feeling that beenie is hoping that Stern will improve if he plays more games. I cannot see any other reason why he will persist with Stern (who seems to be coming more and more of a complainer on the field, whether it is with his players or with the match officials).

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2005, 07:00:51 AM »
Jack has potential but potential doesn't win matches, he is punching out too many damn ball and his distribution isn't up to mark, he has faults that could prove costly. Why is Cyd Gray in the squad, my girlfriend called me from Trinidad to say Gray like he smoking something. In my opinion, Gray, Jack and Stern need a rest.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2005, 07:22:25 AM »
How did Chris Birchall play today? Someone said he was a weak link - was it his fault?

Birchall played like he took Beenie's advice and not only went out to Mangos on Saturday night but went to Space and Gold Rush afterwards and got home at 2pm on Sunday afternoon.
The man hardly touched the ball all game and the few times he did he lost possession.  Not what you want from your central midfielder.  How can someone go from being voted player of the game one match to the worst player on the field (tied with Stern) in the next?
I think Chris did have one try at goal but Stern decided that not only does he not want to score any goals he also wants to try to prevent anybody else on the team from scoring as well and blocked his shot.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2005, 07:42:53 AM »
Gold Rush is an inspirational and a blessed place.

if dem boys had spent some quality time there, the levels of their game would surely be raised.

mango's is a tourist trap.

space is shit.

1]; } ?>