April 19, 2024, 05:02:06 PM

Author Topic: Man Utd vs. Chelsea  (Read 8257 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Man Utd vs. Chelsea
« on: November 24, 2006, 05:34:47 PM »
Its that time of the year when two Giants of English football collide

Please post information,predictions,shit talk and pre and post match reaction.

Utd v Chelsea

Previews-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sNiCBu_LAlQ(Sportsmax)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pbFjTBU-44g&mode=related&search=

Review of reverse fixture(Utd 1 Chelsea 0 ;D)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RluOenE42hU

Old Trafford
Sunday, 26 November

Kick-off: 1600 GMT(12pm TT time)
Coverage on the BBC Sport website, BBC Radio Five Live & highlights on MOTD(Live on CNC3- suggested to trinis, go to Trotters)

Manchester United have no new injury worries ahead of the top-of-the-table clash with champions Chelsea.

Rio Ferdinand had been a doubt after picking up a foot injury but has been passed fit, while Patrice Evra could come in for left-back Gabriel Heinze.

Chelsea should have top scorer Didier Drogba (ankle) and midfielder Michael Ballack available after slight knocks.

Frank Lampard returns to the squad and Ricardo Carvalho (ankle) has recovered, but Salomon Kalou is still sidelined.

Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Neville, O'Shea, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Silvestre, Heinze, Evra, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Richardson, Rooney, Saha, Smith.

Chelsea (from): Cudicini, Hilario, Ferreira, Geremi, Terry, Carvalho, Boulahrouz, Bridge, A Cole, Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Makelele, Drogba, Robben, Shevchenko, Wright-Phillips, J Cole, Diarra, Mikel.

BIG-MATCH FACTS

MANCHESTER UNITED against Chelsea is not only the Battle of the Titans, but a gladiatorial top-of-the-table joust between two of the superpowers of English soccer. It is not a title decider, but will go a long way to determine who will be in the driving seat in what's increasingly looking like a two horse race.

United go into this clash on a seven-match winning League run, and have the edge on Chelsea in almost every department. They have one more League win than their west London opponents, one less defeat, have scored six more goals, conceded one fewer and have gained three more points. Top League matches involving the Red Devils have generated more goals than any other club, and they head the "Form" table.

There's little to choose between these clubs in the Premiership head-to-head standings. Chelsea lead by nine wins to eight, with 11 of the 28 meetings drawn.

CHELSEA cannot really afford a defeat in this Sunday showdown if they're to eventually collect a third consecutive Premiership title. Indeed they need a victory to close the gap on Manchester United, and only a clear four goal triumph would see the Blues overhaul the Red Devils, who are seeking their first Premiership crown in four seasons.

Despite both losing 1-0 away in the Champions League this week (United at Celtic, Chelsea at Werder Bremen), the Londoners will take heart from the fact that they qualified for the knock out stages, while United have not yet done so. The Blues have scored in every League game this season - United have not. Indeed, the Stamford Bridge side have taken the lead in every League game and have kept one more clean sheet than their arch rivals.

The Blues are making their 15th Premiership visit to the Theatre of Dreams, and are looking for a fifth victory. Last season, Darren Fletcher scored the only goal of a high quality match at Old Trafford, which ended Chelsea's 40-match unbeaten League run.

REFEREE

Howard Webb (Yorkshire)
Premiership referees' table
Howard Webb's 2006-07 Premiership card count

SEQUENCES/RECENT FORM

MANCHESTER UNITED
Club stats
Fixtures
Going into the weekend: 1st 34 points
(all statistics are ahead of this weekend's round of Premiership fixtures)

1. Bidding to extend the longest current winning run in the Premiership to eight games, and to four on the bounce at home. Not dropped a point since the 1-1 draw at Reading on 23 September, and not lost a League game since the 0-1 reverse to Arsenal at the Theatre of Dreams on 17 September.

2. Won more Premiership games than any other club this season (11), dropped fewest points (five), lost only one (as have Aston Villa), scored more goals (29) and conceded fewer than anybody else (six).

3. Holding the highest aggregate in the top tier of 35 goals (29 for, six against). Chelsea's aggregate is 30 (23 for, seven against).

4. Have the longest goalscorers list in the highest League of 10 players. Chelsea's League goals have been scored by eight different players.

5. The current tally of 34 points after 13 games matches United's best performance in the Premiership. But they will need to win this game to keep match their run in the title winning campaign of 1993-94.

6. Last posted in excess of seven successive League victories between 4 February and 9 April 2006, when nine on the trot were recorded.

7. Holding 100% records when clean sheets are kept (won seven of seven), and when scoring first in a Premiership encounter (won nine of nine). Gained seven points from a losing position - more than any other cub with the exception of Arsenal, who have also gained seven. United's came by way of victories away to Wigan and Sheffield United, and a draw at Reading).

8. One stalemate short of 1,000 draws in their League history.

9. Five goals short of conceding 500 all time in the Premier League.

10. This is the first of successive home Premiership games, with Everton visiting Old Trafford next, before a trip to Middlesbrough.

CHELSEA
Club stats
Fixtures
Going into the weekend: 2nd 31 points
(all statistics are ahead of this weekend's round of Premiership fixtures)

1. This is Jose Mourinho's 90th Premiership match in charge of Chelsea. His record is won 68, drawn 13 and lost eight.

2. Lost one of the last 11 Premiership matches, winning nine of them.

3. The Londoners are on the longest current run in the Premiership of 13 games since failing to score.

4. They have a 100% record when holding a Premiership clean sheet, winning an unsurpassed eight games.

5. One of two clubs who have had as many as three players dismissed in Premiership competition this term. Blackburn is the other, but one of their trio of red cards was later rescinded.

6. The only club that has never been behind at half time in any top flight game this term (leading in eight, drawing in five)

7. A midweek visit to Bolton follows this, before an inactive weekend. Then, following the final Champions League group match, home to Levski Sofia, comes another titantic top-flight clash, home to Arsenal.

KEY PLAYER NOTES/POTENTIAL MILESTONES

MANCHESTER UNITED
Squad profiles

Louis SAHA is United's leading scorer with eight League and Cup goals.

Wayne ROONEY is the club's top marksman in the Premiership with seven.

ROONEY is one shy of 50 career Premiership goals (Everton and Manchester United).

SAHA needs to score two more to bring his total for English clubs to 100.

Rio FERDINAND is the only player to have been on the field for every minute of every one of United's Premiership matches this season.

If on the field from the outset, Darren FLETCHER will be making his 100th start for the Red Devils.

CHELSEA
Squad profiles

Frank LAMPARD needs one goal to become Chelsea's highest scoring midfield player in their history. He has scored 76 goals from 287 appearances (only two were headers), and is equal with Dennis Wise, who needed 445 games to score his 76 goals for the Blues.

If he plays, LAMPARD will be making his 200th Premiership appearance for Chelsea.

Didier DROGBA is the highest scoring Premiership player this season with 14 goals, eight of which are League goals putting him at the top of the table for the Barclays Golden Boot award. Jointly with Nwankwo KANU of Portsmouth.

If on the field from the outset, Claude MAKELELE will be making his 100th League start for the Blues.

Only Michael ESSIEN has figured in every minute of every one of Chelsea's League and Cup matches this season.

If he plays, Shaun WRIGHT-PHILLIPS will be making his 150th career Premiership appearance (Manchester City and Chelsea).

LAST SEASON'S CORRESPONDING GAME

Manchester United 1-0 Chelsea
6 November 2005 - Ref: Graham Poll
Man United scorer: Fletcher 31

HEAD TO HEAD TOTALS

Home and away
League: Man United 54 wins, Chelsea 36, Draws 38
Prem: Man United 8 wins, Chelsea 9, Draws 11

at Man United only
League: Man United 25 wins, Chelsea 17, Draws 22
Prem: Man United 4 wins, Chelsea 4, Draws 6

« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 04:09:10 PM by Small Magician »

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: Man Utd vs. Chelsea
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 05:59:39 PM »
sorry cheyene

chelsea 1 - man u 0
for sure

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 06:10:28 PM »
sorry cheyene

chelsea 1 - man u 0
for sure

waever boss man    your prediction....

i just waiting till 2pm TT time when dis game done...  i not making any predictions..i not "beating meh chest" lol

Whatever happens ..happens

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 06:16:40 PM »
sorry cheyene

chelsea 1 - man u 0
for sure

waever boss man    your prediction....

i just waiting till 2pm TT time when dis game done...  i not making any predictions..i not "beating meh chest" lol

Whatever happens ..happens

i go put $30 on chelsea small mag

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 06:19:39 PM »
Nope soony boy...   i stated my intentions before...

i am riding through this weekend without an utter of this game...

untill Sunday at 12 pm of course

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 06:20:58 PM »
Nope soony boy...   i stated my intentions before...

i am riding through this weekend without an utter of this game...

untill Sunday at 12 pm of course

lol aite boss

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 07:27:58 PM »
i tink 1-1 or 1-0 to chelsea..
but then again when u think man u are at home it makes it complicated..
we will see.. but i think if man u win..
chelsea gonna win everything after this..including the home game ..and chelsea still take it i feel...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 07:29:02 PM »
Even if manboo beat Chelsea this weekend, six points is not going to be insurmountable for Chelsea and  we all know what happens to manboo when they go to Stamford Bridge....... :devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 09:27:49 PM »
Chelsea 2, Man U 1

Dat is a prediction but I have a reputation for not predicting right
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 01:13:20 AM »
somebody going and cry and his name rhymes with "tall magician"

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 05:03:32 AM »
Nothing personal against Man-Utd, however, I am hoping Chelsea wins only because my brother-in-law talks a lot of Bull !!!!!

Go Chelsea.....
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 05:21:40 AM »
It hard to go to Man U and win,but if any team can do it, it is Chelsea.....
Chelsea all de way....Ah want faggot bot Cristiano Ronaldo, to eat his words....

Go Chelsea......

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 05:27:51 AM »
Chelsea all de way....Ah want faggot bot Cristiano Ronaldo, to eat his words....

Go Chelsea......

Didn't Chelsea beat Man-Utd 3-1 last season at Old Trafford which was also their last game before winning the title ?
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 06:15:08 AM »

Go Chelsea......

Didn't Chelsea beat Man-Utd 3-1 last season at Old Trafford which was also their last game before winning the title ?

dat was in 04-05...    dey had already won the league

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 10:44:52 AM »

Go Chelsea......

Nah, Flex, Chelsea lost 1-0 at Old Trafford last season.  The 3-1 victory was the title clincher in april at Stamford Bridge.  It was in the previous season that they had gone to Old Trafford and absolutely murdered Manu by a similar score, but that was after they had already clinched the title and Manu had welcomed Chelsea onto the pitch with a Guard of Honour before the match.

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 02:22:40 PM »
Last ten H2Ds read 5 wins for Chelsea, 3 Draws, and 2 wins for Man Utd.

Apr 29, 2006 Premiership Chelsea Manchester U 3 - 0

Nov 06, 2005 Premiership Manchester U Chelsea 1 - 0

May 10, 2005 Premiership Manchester U Chelsea 1 - 3

Jan 26, 2005 League Cup Manchester U Chelsea 1 - 2

Jan 12, 2005 League Cup Chelsea Manchester U 0 - 0

Aug 15, 2004 Premiership Chelsea Manchester U 1 - 0

May 08, 2004 Premiership Manchester U Chelsea 1 - 1

Nov 30, 2003 Premiership Chelsea Manchester U 1 - 0

Jan 18, 2003 Premiership Manchester U Chelsea 2 - 1

Aug 23, 2002 Premiership Chelsea Manchester U 2 - 2

Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 03:52:32 PM »

Go Chelsea......

Nah, Flex, Chelsea lost 1-0 at Old Trafford last season.  The 3-1 victory was the title clincher in april at Stamford Bridge.  It was in the previous season that they had gone to Old Trafford and absolutely murdered Manu by a similar score, but that was after they had already clinched the title and Manu had welcomed Chelsea onto the pitch with a Guard of Honour before the match.

it was 3-0 actually...

dont worry  that was the leagues idea... if yoiu noticed  half the players didnt even clap.. keano just stood there lol

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 05:50:33 PM »

Go Chelsea......

it was 3-0 actually...

dont worry  that was the leagues idea... if yoiu noticed  half the players didnt even clap.. keano just stood there lol

Yeah, look at dat!  I actually giving Manu more credit than they deserve!! I must have been left as confused by that Joe Cole goal as the Manu defence was!    :devil:

I think that was very unfair of the league to try to force Manu to show some class when that has never been their style.  I don't think any of the Chelsea players or fans cared one bit whether or not roy keane clap dem.  He does only intimidate arsenal people!!   :devil:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 06:49:52 PM »
I prefer ManU over Chelsea any day of the week. When it comes to actual play itself it will be very difficult for them at the bridge. I think Chelsea will win but I hope ManU cut they backside.

Offline Milan!!!

• Naps man fuh life!!!
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 09:11:03 PM »
I prefer ManU over Chelsea any day of the week. When it comes to actual play itself it will be very difficult for them at the bridge. I think Chelsea will win but I hope ManU cut they backside.

same here...i real hate Chelsea frrigin cockiness....i jus wa ManU cut their ass....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 10:28:23 PM »
2-0 Man U. Dis result is all i need to have a perfect weekend footballwise.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2006, 06:42:07 AM »
DE TIME IS NOW 7:41EST and it only have 4 hours again for Chelsea to feel de painnnnnnnnnnnnnn  2:1 MANUUUUUU :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2006, 08:14:43 AM »
DE TIME IS NOW 7:41EST and it only have 4 hours again for Chelsea to feel de painnnnnnnnnnnnnn  2:1 MANUUUUUU :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

2 more hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2006, 08:18:59 AM »

2 more hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boy go and study yuh work eh!  :rotfl: man u losing dis one
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 08:31:45 AM by Warrior till death »

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2006, 08:56:23 AM »
No live net hookup??  I doh think I getting to see it on TV today
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2006, 09:01:24 AM »
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2006, 09:01:38 AM »
No live net hookup??  I doh think I getting to see it on TV today

it's on fox sports canada....I doubt ch 22 not showing it....if yuh doh have either go to a bar  ;D

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2006, 10:27:01 AM »
23rd minute still scoreless and its a rel battle for the ball between them

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2006, 10:34:03 AM »
SAHA IN THE 29th MINUTE 1-0 UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Milan!!!

• Naps man fuh life!!!
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

1]; } ?>